Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2011, 16:01   #3421
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablu View Post
I approached a few dealers to sell my Accent with a guesstimate selling price of 1.1L - 1.3L. There came the shock!. The maximum price offered was Rs.75K for my car. One guy even quoted Rs.50K. This price is after spending around Rs.40K on new tyres and ICE recently.
Dealers are here only to give raw deals to sellers ; we are a democracy an anyone can quote any price.

Tyres/accessories carry no value for such people.

Sell your car to a direct buyer ; else keep the car since 50k kms is nothing
Old 2nd September 2011, 21:08   #3422
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,
Me again. With the price suggestions from KarthiKK and Mr.Boss,I approached a few dealers to sell my Accent with a guesstimate selling price of 1.1L - 1.3L. There came the shock!. The maximum price offered was Rs.75K for my car. One guy even quoted Rs.50K. This price is after spending around Rs.40K on new tyres and ICE recently.
@KarthiKK,@Mr.Boss,
Thanks for your prompt and quick reply guys. On an attempt for individual sale, I found few buyers who offered 1.1L to 1.3L.

Thanks,
Karthic
I did try to warn you about this low resale value of petrol accents in Chennai, but spending 40k on a car which you were planning to sell soon?? you seriously love your car man, so dont sell it..Just keep it with you .

On a serious note, since you are not in a hurry to sell off your car, wait and watch till you get a deal around 1.4-1.5 and bid goodbye to your beloved car.
Old 3rd September 2011, 07:46   #3423
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
I did try to warn you about this low resale value of petrol accents in Chennai, but spending 40k on a car which you were planning to sell soon?? you seriously love your car man, so dont sell it..Just keep it with you .

On a serious note, since you are not in a hurry to sell off your car, wait and watch till you get a deal around 1.4-1.5 and bid goodbye to your beloved car.
Totally agree with singleton, it is better to wait till someone comes along who can give you the best price. @singleton - there seems to be a difference between chennai and bangalore in this resale value, which you highlighted in one of your previous posts. when I predicted, sorry I was using bangalore values. That vehicle would fetch around 1.5+ here but that will not be the case in Chennai, so you were spot on! Thanks for correcting me on that difference
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011, 16:28   #3424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The maximum price offered was Rs.75K for my car. One guy even quoted Rs.50K.
Dealers normally quote 50% of the market value and a good bargain could fetch you close to 75% of market value. For the right price always look for a individual buyer (to be more specific, one who loves the specific car)

Since you've already spent 40k on the car, why don;t you keep her for another year or so, if there is no major problem with the vehicle. This sounds better than let her go for peanuts.
Old 4th September 2011, 08:34   #3425
BHPian

Time for a trade in. :\
~ How much can I get for my 2010 Aug K1 1.2 Manga i10, color white, (registered and tax paid) in Andhra Pradesh in -
1) Bangalore?
2) Andhra Pradesh?
Well Maintained, 14k km done, and a bunch of extras that cost ~ 30k
Old 4th September 2011, 10:23   #3426
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
I am posting this on behalf of a friend.

Make/Model: Ford Fiesta Diesel ZXi
Year/Month: 2008/April
No. of owners: 2 (1st owner sold it in 2009)
KMs run: 61000

Service History: Regularly serviced until 43000 KMs at Ford ASC. Not sure if / where it was serviced after that (yet to find out).
Add-ons: 5 Alloys (all in good condition) and Pioneer HU + 4 speakers

Overall condition:
Exteriors - some scratches and a few small dents (not easily visible). No bumper misalignment or any other visible damage to any plastics.
Interiors are okay but can do with a makeover. AC cools effectively.
Engine seems okay and car is smooth to drive and quiet but yet to get mechanic's opinion.
The RC lists the model as EXi but the ford dealership has confirmed it is a ZXi (they have the invoice to prove it).
3 Tyres are in very good condition and 4th is OK. The spare tyre is completely worn out.

Asking price: 4,90,000

Please advise regarding the price and if it is advisable to go for a car that has already seen 2 owners (in 3 years).
In my opinion, for the KMs done, the asking price is way too high.
Old 4th September 2011, 15:02   #3427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Time for a trade in. :\
~ How much can I get for my 2010 Aug K1 1.2 Manga i10, color white, (registered and tax paid) in Andhra Pradesh in -
1) Bangalore?
2) Andhra Pradesh?
Well Maintained, 14k km done, and a bunch of extras that cost ~ 30k
your on road cost minus 25% is what you should keep in mind ; remove that bunch of extras for your new car.
Old 5th September 2011, 17:07   #3428
Distinguished - BHPian

My dad owns M800 DX,98' model. Done 72k kms. New radials on all 4 wheels. Well maintained. How much should we get for it?? Should we go for exchange or sell it ourselves and buy a new car?
Old 6th September 2011, 10:39   #3429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
My dad owns M800 DX,98' model. Done 72k kms. New radials on all 4 wheels. Well maintained. How much should we get for it?? Should we go for exchange or sell it ourselves and buy a new car?
If you sell it yourself you may get about 50K for it. If you go for an exchange, they will not offer more than 25 - 30K for it. Good luck
bandlimitedlife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 15:57   #3430
BHPian

Quote:
If you can manage to sell it outside Bhubaneswar then I think you can get a better price ( I am from Orissa and to some extent understand the knowledge of used car buyers back home) !!!

I assume you are in Bhubaneswar.
sam_boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 16:15   #3431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
If you can manage to sell it outside Bhubaneswar then I think you can get a better price ( I am from Orissa and to some extent understand the knowledge of used car buyers back home) !!!

I assume you are in Bhubaneswar.
Ya i am in Bhubaneswar but will be leaving early next month to join an IT company. Could you suggest whether i should sell the car here or take it with me and sell it outside???

Also what problems could i face if i bought a new car from Bhubaneswar and registered it in outside,say Bangalore???
Old 6th September 2011, 16:25   #3432
BHPian

Quote:
Ya i am in Bhubaneswar but will be leaving early next month to join an IT company. Could you suggest whether i should sell the car here or take it with me and sell it outside???

Also what problems could i face if i bought a new car from Bhubaneswar and registered it in outside,say Bangalore???
I wouldn't suggest NOT going out of orissa if it is Orissa regd vehicle. Because you will have to pay road tax for it in the new state and it may be lot harder for you to sell there. Also migrated vehicles have lower value both on resale directly or through an exchange.

If you are going to live in Bangalore for long enough it is better you buy a vehicle here to avoid being harassed by traffic cops in the long run. Also Road Tax for new car in Bangalore on moving here will be quite high so it wont work out to be economical as such.
Old 6th September 2011, 16:34   #3433
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandlimitedlife View Post
If you are going to live in Bangalore for long enough it is better you buy a vehicle here to avoid being harassed by traffic cops in the long run. Also Road Tax for new car in Bangalore on moving here will be quite high so it wont work out to be economical as such.
My point- The local Maruti dealer is a good friend of my dad and he is willing to give a really good deal on a new car. But i will be posted outside and will take the car with me. So should i avail the good deal? Just buy the car here and immediately take it to my future place???
Old 6th September 2011, 16:48   #3434
BHPian

Quote:
My point- The local Maruti dealer is a good friend of my dad and he is willing to give a really good deal on a new car. But i will be posted outside and will take the car with me. So should i avail the good deal? Just buy the car here and immediately take it to my future place???
Ok lets look at it this way.

You buy a car which costs 5.5L OTR in Bangalore for 4.75L in your hometown.

Lets say you bring it here and use it for long period of time say 5 years and then want to sell it, probably it makes sense. However you should have some petrol bills handy every once in 3 - 5 months to show to the cops should they happen to stop you.

If the difference is not much and only 10 - 20K on the whole then I would rather buy it in Bangalore, use it here and sell it here for a better resale price and move on.
bandlimitedlife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 12:19   #3435
BHPian

Quote:

When I say outside Bhubaneswar I meant in nearby small towns like in Khurda or a Kendrapara or a Pipili not outside Orissa. These are places where a used Maruti 800 will have some potential buyers and those guys will actually look forward to own it and treat it as an asset, hence you might get a good value. See if you know few guys out there who can help you.

This formula will not work if you want to sell a luxury sedan .
sam_boy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks