Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2011, 19:36   #3481
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Guys , I am looking to sell my Honda Civic 'S' Manual White color, August 2007 model done 38000 + kms. DL 3C Registration. Single hand driven with proper service records.

What should I be expecting for this?

any ideas about fair market value would be more than welcome.
Around 6.75L would be a fair price if insurance is valid and current set of tyres can go another 5-10k kms.
Old 20th September 2011, 07:40   #3482

Hi,

I just booked a Linea MJD emotional pk, and trying to determine the future of my Ritz Zxi. Its a Dec'2009 model with 22k km. Fiat's exchange price was horrible, but Maruti offered 4 lakhs for an outright sale. Please let me know if its a good price to sell this car. Carwale's valuation is at 4.25 L.

Thanks!
Old 20th September 2011, 10:46   #3483
BHPian

@mahipalc: I would say 4.1 to 4.15 would be a good bargain for your Ritz.
SedatedDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 18:47   #3484
BHPian

Hi guys,

I have a Dec 2010 registered VW Polo Trendline. Iam planning to sell it as there are 3cars at home and iam the only 1 who drives, apart from my brother who is not at home half the time.

The car feels and runs like a new car and has run just about 2400kms to date. Even the passenger and rear seat plastics have not been removed.

The onroad price was 5.50lakhs, plus it has an alpine HU with JBL speaker and 3m tints. How much do you think I can get for the car?
Old 20th September 2011, 19:23   #3485
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
Hi guys,

I have a Dec 2010 registered VW Polo Trendline. Iam planning to sell it as there are 3cars at home and iam the only 1 who drives, apart from my brother who is not at home half the time.

The car feels and runs like a new car and has run just about 2400kms to date. Even the passenger and rear seat plastics have not been removed.

The onroad price was 5.50lakhs, plus it has an alpine HU with JBL speaker and 3m tints. How much do you think I can get for the car?
Around 4.2-4.3 lacs with a private buyer, slightly lesser if you sell to an agent. The accessories I'm afraid will not enhance the resale value. Good luck with your sale!
Old 20th September 2011, 19:34   #3486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
^^ O boy. I really did miss the most important bit . If yours is a 1.2 LS (you are mentioning a base version) then IMO the car will sell for around 2.7L. I know your IDV without accessories is higher but IDV as well as accesories (unless you find somebody looking for the exact same accessories) don't count for much in the used car market. Also the latest petrol price hike won't help your cause one bit.
Hey Cesc, think i got the right answer from you. I am gonna keep this car with CNG fitment . Thanks buddy.
Old 20th September 2011, 19:43   #3487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Around 4.2-4.3 lacs with a private buyer, slightly lesser if you sell to an agent. The accessories I'm afraid will not enhance the resale value. Good luck with your sale!
I dint know VW had such low value. I guess I will remove the system and sell it.
Old 20th September 2011, 19:50   #3488
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
I dint know VW had such low value. I guess I will remove the system and sell it.
Depreciation hits hardest in the first year of the car's life. Regardless of the brand, approximate sale value would be around 15-20% lesser than the OTR value you paid last year.

You can ask the buyer if he is willing to pay extra for the audio system, but most people will not agree to pay anything extra. Since you have 3 other cars, you could consider fitting the music system to one of your other cars
Old 20th September 2011, 19:57   #3489
BHPian

Quote:
Depreciation hits hardest in the first year of the car's life. Regardless of the brand, approximate sale value would be around 15-20% lesser than the OTR value you paid last year.

You can ask the buyer if he is willing to pay extra for the audio system, but most people will not agree to pay anything extra. Since you have 3 other cars, you could consider fitting the music system to one of your other cars
I thought it would go for atleast 4.5lakhs. 20% depreciation on 5.5lakhs is still 4.4lakhs. I guess I will sell the car and get the system fixed on the other car. Would'nt mind exchanging the car for a used sbk with money being paid extra.
Old 21st September 2011, 00:06   #3490
Senior - BHPian

Re: Getz

Quote:
Around 1.7-1.8L would be a great deal, that is taking into account the new suspension and tyres. The rally bulbs' setup I am afraid won't matter much to the deal, unless you are dealing with an enthusiast buyer. Alternatively, you could disconnect and sell the headlamp assembly separately as a used accessory, just a suggestion. Good luck

P.S - I see you've finalized the deal you were telling me about in your PM
The dealer is offering me Rs 1.3L+0.2L as exchange bonus. That's ridiculous. Even I thought I should get around 1.6-1.8L.

Any pointers where I should be listing it? Apart from the usual suspects - TBHP Classifieds, Carwale, Sulekha etc.?
Old 21st September 2011, 09:27   #3491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Any pointers where I should be listing it? Apart from the usual suspects - TBHP Classifieds, Carwale, Sulekha etc.?

Put it on Craigslist, olx.in as well.
Old 21st September 2011, 09:41   #3492
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
The dealer is offering me Rs 1.3L+0.2L as exchange bonus. That's ridiculous. Even I thought I should get around 1.6-1.8L.

You can even try Quikr. Put up the ad wherever possible. Only problem will be your incoming call traffic
Old 22nd September 2011, 18:43   #3493
Senior - BHPian

I've put up my Baleno up for sale (2005, Vxi, 66k on odo, well-maintained and I'm the 2nd owner). I've quoted 3L for the car and I feel it's a fair deal. Is my expectations correct? Or am I setting the expectation too high? I was kind of willing to go down to 2.85L but nothing less than that. Can someone please help me if I'm looking for a correct price? I'm little bit confused after the recent petrol price hikes as that might affect the price of petrol cars.
Old 22nd September 2011, 19:37   #3494
BHPian

What is the expected price for a 2008 model Swift VXI (ABS) in Bangalore?

The car is well maintained and has 25K on the odo and has brand new tyres.
Old 22nd September 2011, 20:10   #3495
BHPian

After a long search I found some one selling SX4 AT.

This is 2011 model run 3k.
ASking price 8.5 lac.

I haven't seen her yet and my BIL might see it and decide as he knows autos a lot and that I am sailing currently.

At this price point I should rather be buying new if discounts are there. But local sai service has no discounts and availability is minimum 2-3 months as they said it is made to order.

Anyways, how does the price look?

Rgds.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks