Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2011, 14:07   #3706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM

Yep hesidated while mentioning 6.5 but yes 5.5 - 6 would be the right price anything lower is questionable. The thing is one does not wish to mention too low a price as finally it is all subject to the condition of the car. The Skoda built in sound system is quite nice by itself for most purposes. If the plan is to modify it significantly then it is obviously best to get it at the lowest price point like planned by you.

The megatronic unit in the DSG itself is 1.5L with the authorized guys and the turbo + intercooler another 1.3L (though it costs only 70K in the grey market)

The new 7 speed DSG is supposed to be better (read reliable) than the original 6 speed. But there are two varients in the 6 speed DSG as well - one of which is more problematic.

At 5.5 it's a pretty good deal,given the levels of eqpt. and sigh the sun roof.

Does this have a tiptronic in it?
Old 24th October 2011, 17:21   #3707
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psathya View Post
At 5.5 it's a pretty good deal,given the levels of eqpt. and sigh the sun roof.

Does this have a tiptronic in it?
Its somewhere around 5.5. And with the condition in which the engine is and the accessories I thought it was a good deal. Just wanted to confirm from the experts here.

And yes it comes with a 5 speed tiptronic.

Have future plans to change to a 6/7 speed DSG with paddle shift option. Also ECU remap and a supercharger. Well all this for the future.

Right now just dying to have my hands on it.

Thanks everyone for your valuable input.
Old 25th October 2011, 15:57   #3708

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
65k plus another 30k .
close to a lac.
you want to go in for such a huge mileage car?
plus, 1 lac point would involve a big service.
but you wouldnt know whether to get it done or not, since youll never know how much it has been tampered with , the odo.
If you do, well and good, if not you may have bits and pieces failing, looking for lifts home.
May want to explore more options, no?
Right say, Well, I have indeed cancelled the option of the dealer car, waiting to see the Chevvy certified one and its condition, + warranties + free services.
Old 25th October 2011, 19:21   #3709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmv View Post
Bumping this up to get some more opinions.
Car details:
- Corolla Altis GL
- single-owner, company registered in Feb 2010
- confirmed Toyota warranty until Feb 2013
- location is Bangalore
- run ~26K KMS
- current OTR for new car in Bangalore is ~17L

Dealer is quoting 9.99L all-inclusive.
What do you folks think ?

I would recommend caution..Nandi Toyota many years back tried to sell used accidental car (M800) to me. I quickly identified the steering alignment and asked is this car clean. The sales guy instead of admitting told "no chance sir". The next thing I did is gave a sound lecture to him and his manager and never stepped back. Even when I purchased my Toyota, I didn't even bother checking at Nandi.
Old 26th October 2011, 09:16   #3710
dmv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesomeone View Post
I would recommend caution..Nandi Toyota many years back tried to sell used accidental car (M800) to me. I quickly identified the steering alignment and asked is this car clean. The sales guy instead of admitting told "no chance sir". The next thing I did is gave a sound lecture to him and his manager and never stepped back. Even when I purchased my Toyota, I didn't even bother checking at Nandi.
Thanks onesomeone.
I thought Nandi Toyota was one of the better dealers, but there are a few bad apples everywhere.
In any case, this car is not being sold by Nandi Toyota. I only checked the service history of the car there. I plan to cross-check with Ravindu also.
Bigger concern for me is the high 26K odo in just 21 months or so, but car as such still feels pretty new.
What do you think of the price ? Any better deals out there ?
Old 26th October 2011, 11:39   #3711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmv View Post
I thought Nandi Toyota was one of the better dealers, but there are a few bad apples everywhere.
In any case, this car is not being sold by Nandi Toyota. I only checked the service history of the car there. I plan to cross-check with Ravindu also.
Bigger concern for me is the high 26K odo in just 21 months or so, but car as such still feels pretty new.
What do you think of the price ? Any better deals out there ?
IMO 26000Kms in 21 months may not be a reason to worry.

Please check the value at Carwale. Here is a link: Check value of your car for FREE - CarWale

I would request you to-
1. Check the car thoroughly checked by a known mechanic before buying.
2. Check the loan details
3. Check about the registration from the RTO website.
4. If possible speak to the owner to find out the reason behind selling the car.

Do keep in mind that if the car has run 26000km it may be better in a way as the car has probably gone for longer drives than being driven around the city. Above all a (Japanese) Toyota is well known for its low maintenance.

The only problem area would be the fuel costs.
Old 26th October 2011, 15:12   #3712
BHPian

Sold my Maruti A-Star blue to Maruti True Value for 2.8 lacs. Whats surprising is the amount of money you can get out of them by bargaining. The initial quite was 2.4 lacs + 5k exchange bonus for the Swift. Finally hankered for a month and sold for 2.75 lacs + 5k bonus.

Model: ZXi
Yr: June 2009
Odo: 41,538Kms
Left rear door had a dent from a cycle walas pedals and the front fender was slightly cracked on the left. Michelin XM1s

What was astonishing is that the dealers and other buyers did not want to pay anything more than 2.6 lacs saying bad re-sale value, petrol engine, no boot space, no rear space etc etc.

Quite satisfied with the final deal that i got
Old 27th October 2011, 10:28   #3713
BHPian

Perseverance paid you really well here. Astonishing to hear how they jacked the price
Old 27th October 2011, 12:01   #3714
BHPian

Sold my cousin's Swift VXi for Rs. 4,10,000/-

Model: Sep 2010
KMs done: 8100
Color: Silver
No extra fittings.
Very good condition except for a very small dent below left door. .

TATA Assured at Coimbatore offered Rs. 3,40,000/- when we tried to exchange it for Vista VX. But we sold it through an outside dealer and got Rs. Rs. 70000/- more.
Old 27th October 2011, 14:21   #3715
Senior - BHPian

Bought a 2009 i10 Sportz from "Hyundai Advantage".

-Dark Blue color
-20K run
-single owner
-insurance till 05/2012
-Bridgestone tires in good condition (not sure if it came factory fitted)
-clean service records.
-no dents, slight scratches on rear bumper which they promised to touch-up.

Paid 3.92L. I feel the price is 12K too much but I guess that the premium for Hyundai Advantage peace of mind. What say guys? Decent deal?
Old 28th October 2011, 00:29   #3716
BHPian

I've got 3 used car deals with me at the moment:

Mahindra First Choice:

2008 Aquarius Blue Ford Fiesta 1.6S, 24k kms, single owner, 3.5L
2007 Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3 GLS, Sky Blue, 37k kms, 2.35L

Maruti True Value:

2009 end prod / 2010 Jan regn SX4 Automatic, Sky Blue, 23.8k kms, single owner (owned by the Cars India exec director it seems - being sold as he has quit), 6.75L --> this car costs 10.05L brand new on road in Chennai

My wife and I have been a great fan of the Getz ever since we rented that 3 door 1.5L 4 spd auto hatch in Melbourne in 2006 for a couple of days before we came back to India. We weren't able to buy it when it was being sold new in showrooms as there was already a Cielo 1998 and Santro XO Ltd Edn 2007 in the family. And we were staying together in the same flat till we got our own and moved out in 2009 June.

So that way, the Getz sounds like a very sweet deal. And really cheap and easy to maintain car with nice space. And that ultra smooth gearbox, driver's armrest and clutch footrest.

As for the SX4 automatic, we did plan for this car earlier this year and tried to convince my dad to exchange the 1998 Cielo (done only 35k kms) for this. We could get 25k exchange bonus, 50k maybe for the Cielo itself etc. However since the initial amount was quite high and my dad was still very sentimentally attached to the Cielo, we dropped the plan. This is a tempting deal too.

A car that costs 10.05L on road available for just 6.75L? Had a look at this car today on my way back from office, and apart from a few small scratches here and there, which are also not so clearly visible due to the light blue colour, the car seems to be in a near new conditions. Quite well maintained. Started it up and engine sounded nice and settled down to a sweet idle after 2-3 mins.

I love this car for 3 reasons: Excellent 190mm ground clearance, high seating (easy ingress and egress for elders) and super boot space of 505 litres. Best part is, it is a Maruti and hence lower cost of maintenance than the other brands. Car is fully loaded too with ABS and dual airbags. The previous owner hasn't done anything to the interiors though. Completely stock. No seat covers even.

Just this month, we sort of decided that a car of around 2.5-3L (used) would be doable and I started looking around for a used Getz 1.3 GLS/GLX.

Now the Fiesta 1.6S at 3.5L ... well this was a surprise when I found it listed on the Mahindra First Choice site. The car hasn't even come to them yet. They might have it by Saturday.

My wife is trying to work out the finances. She says she wants to go for the SX4 automatic as it would be nice for long drives with the family and luggage. But I love the Getz 1.3 GLS and feel we can use this for 2-3 years and then go for a brand new sedan. This car costs only 2.35L and would be far lighter on our pockets every month compared to the SX4 A/T costing 6.75L.

The price of 6.75L and 2.35L though seem to be fine as per the valuation on Carwale.com.

A friend of mine says "Are you nuts? 3.5L for a Fiesta 1.6S that's done just 24k kms? Take it with eyes closed! There are people dying to buy this car but aren't able to!" He also says "Dude why do u wanna spend almost 7L on a used car when you can get a good brand new one for that price?"

True, but would I get a new SX4 A/T for 7L? No. Approx 3.3L less, but 24k kms done.

This is the current confusion at home. My mom somehow didn't like the Fiesta's rear seat when I took my parents to the showroom a couple of months back (before the new Fiesta was launched). She felt the seat was low. And she's had enough of the Cielo's low rear seat!

So guys ... your opinions are welcome! I've not seen the Fiesta 1.6S or the Getz 1.3 GLS yet. Planning to do so on Sat.

Warm regards,
Venkat
VSG12777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2011, 00:53   #3717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
A friend of mine says "Are you nuts? 3.5L for a Fiesta 1.6S that's done just 24k kms? Take it with eyes closed!
Send your friend here in Pune and he will see these "petrol" fiestas in almost all the used showroom looking for buyers at atleast low cost.

You get Fiesta Diesel for 3.5L here in Pune and I am sure in Mumbai too. Chennai prices should not be more than 30K higher than Pune's price.

^^^^ Clicked on "thanks" by mistake incase u did mind.

Last edited by Googleman : 28th October 2011 at 00:55.
Old 28th October 2011, 08:22   #3718
BHPian

VSG127777->
3.5 for 1.6 S for 2008 is a bit on the higher side , though it comes fully loaded , 2010 , 12 K done TN reg , 1.6 went for 3.75 this was three months back.
Old 28th October 2011, 12:43   #3719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Bought a 2009 i10 Sportz from "Hyundai Advantage".

-Dark Blue color
-20K run
-single owner
-insurance till 05/2012
-Bridgestone tires in good condition (not sure if it came factory fitted)
-clean service records.
-no dents, slight scratches on rear bumper which they promised to touch-up.

Paid 3.92L. I feel the price is 12K too much but I guess that the premium for Hyundai Advantage peace of mind. What say guys? Decent deal?
Guys.. please respond... :-)
Old 28th October 2011, 20:59   #3720
BHPian

blue pulsar that a bit high, i sold my 2010 june model i10 sportz with 4.5k kms with oe alloys for 4.15L
MutantX is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed