Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2011, 22:01   #3871
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
Did you mean September 2010? If it's 2011, I dont see how it's 1 year old.
2009 i10 Sportz goes for 3.5Lakhs in Chennai. So you can expect somewhere around 4 lakhs I think.
my bad its a 2010 model
Old 9th December 2011, 14:23   #3872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
Did you mean September 2010? If it's 2011, I dont see how it's 1 year old.
2009 i10 Sportz goes for 3.5Lakhs in Chennai. So you can expect somewhere around 4 lakhs I think.
My friend also wants to sell his 5 months old i10 (facelift version) bought in July 2011. I have placed an ad in Team-BHP classifeds as well.
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ndai/i10.html/

If you could let me know for how much price it can be sold. The car is in Chennai only!

Thanks in advance
Old 9th December 2011, 15:12   #3873
BHPian

Make: Suzuki Swift
Model: VXI with ABS
Mileage: 70,000 Kms
Year: 2005
Ownership: 2nd Owner - As It was transferred from company Wipro to me. So technically first owner.
Accessories: Decent Audio with Amp and a Sub. AC was replaced and is brand new. Spent 23k on the same. 14 Inch Alloys.

Hello

The car is in Chennai and an used car dealer is offering 1.5 Laks. Is this the going rate? Clutch and Tyres may need a replacement. Please advice. I find it to be a very low offer or has reality not struck me yet?

Thanks a lot.
Old 9th December 2011, 16:31   #3874
BHPian

Hi All,
We are looking for a second hand car for my friend's parents. The car usage will be limited around 7-8K kms per year.
The car will be always chauffer driven and will be used in interiors of Andhra Pradesh.
We have shortlisted below two cars.
1> Make – TATA Indica DLG V2 HVAC AC BSIII
Mileage – 74K KM
Model – Sept - 2005
AP registration
Features:
• Dashboard in built Sony Music System (CD player, FM) with 2 front and 2 rear speakers
• Recently changed front Tyres.
• Expected Price – 2,10,000

2> Make: Zen Estillo Vxi
Mileage: 40k kms
Model: Aug-07
Music System: Sony Xplod
Road Tax: Fully paid for Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh
Vehicle registered in Bangalore.
Expected Price – 2.6 Lac

Which one of them seems reasonable ?

Thank You,

Krishna
Old 9th December 2011, 17:38   #3875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevanur View Post
Hi All,
We are looking for a second hand car for my friend's parents. The car usage will be limited around 7-8K kms per year.
The car will be always chauffer driven and will be used in interiors of Andhra Pradesh.
We have shortlisted below two cars.
Mileage – 74K KM
Model – Sept - 2005
AP registration
Features:
• Dashboard in built Sony Music System (CD player, FM) with 2 front and 2 rear speakers
• Recently changed front Tyres.

Expected Price – 2.6 Lac

Which one of them seems reasonable ?

Thank You,

Krishna
I would have picked Zen Estilo - considering that it will be used be your friends parents, the tall boy design is better IMO.

But 2.6 Lacs seems a little bit on the higher side, I would say 2-2.25 Lacs max. Also Estilo doesn't seem to be a favorite in the used car market.
singleton is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 02:11   #3876
BHPian

After I purchased my ANHC, I now have to sell my i10. Specs are: 1.2 Magna Oyster grey, Oct. 2009, 30 k, new Michelin tyres, music system registration Navi Mumbai. How much should I quote for it??
Old 13th December 2011, 14:54   #3877
BHPian

What should be the right price for a July 2005 Innova 2.5 (G4, 8 seater)? It has run ~65000km, in excellent condition. No accident history. carwale.com gave me a quote of 7.39L, which I thought was on a higher side. It was bought at ~10L, so I found it hard to believe that it has depreciated only 26% in 6.5 years!

Thanks in advance...
Old 16th December 2011, 15:01   #3878
Senior - BHPian

I was checking carwale, and found one intriguing anecdote. If you check valuation of any vehicle placed one month apart, but in different years, that is say Dec09 and Jan10, or Dec08 and Jan09, keeping the rest of the parameters same, the price difference is almost 5%. It is really so? So this will imply that December may perhaps the worst month to buy a used car, as the very next month the prices will be tumbling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevanur View Post
Hi All,
Mileage – 74K KM
Model – Sept - 2005
AP registration

Expected Price – 2.6 Lac
I have heard used car prices in Banglore are absurdly high, and this post confirms! 75k kms 7 yr old Indica for 2.1L? Seems the buyer is paying seller to purchase his misery! (no offence to present Indica owners)

Regarding Estilo, didn't Maruti very recently give a HUGE discount, taking the range within 3L vicinity?

Especially for parents, I would avoid High run or old cars. The higher probability of trouble just negates any possible savings. I'd suggest you confine your search to 2 year old vehicles, with 1-2 year company warranty still remaining. Chevy U-Va is a good car with nice interiors, and low preference in used car markets. You can consider that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
carwale.com gave me a quote of 7.39L, which I thought was on a higher side.
This is the first time I am seeing that the seller thinks the price is too much! LOL

Last edited by ani_meher : 16th December 2011 at 15:09.
Old 17th December 2011, 17:02   #3879
PhX
BHPian

Hey, I'm considering buying a second-hand ANHC in Mumbai (either S-MT or V-MT). My criteria is that it should have done about 30,000 or lower km, and should be 2008 or newer model. Assuming I get a '09 model, what would be a fair price to pay?

On Carwale and other sites, I seem to see them ranging from 6.25 to 6.75, but they are all exclusively through a broker, who has obviously bought the car at a lower price and is selling it at a jacked up price.

Bear in mind that the new 2012 model launched a few days back. Do you reckon that the value of the 2008-11 model should fall even more now?

My other option is to buy a brand new 2011 model (comes with a 70k discount, costing me about 8.8 lakhs on road for the S-MT), but I'm guessing that when I try to sell it, the resale value will have fallen dramatically due to the new model's launch.
Old 17th December 2011, 20:43   #3880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
Hey, I'm considering buying a second-hand ANHC in Mumbai (either S-MT or V-MT). My criteria is that it should have done about 30,000 or lower km, and should be 2008 or newer model. Assuming I get a '09 model, what would be a fair price to pay?
I just picked up a July 2009 S AT that has run 18000 KMS for 6.75 Lakhs today itself. I'm pretty sure that with a bit of effort, patience and dedicated hunting, you can get an S MT or a V-MT for around that price. Mind you, the car is in immaculate condition and I've paid that much for it. Hope that gives you an idea of what price to expect or aim for.

I picked up my car directly from a buyer who had maintained it very lovingly. That obviously saved me a bundle of cash and gave me some peace of mind. Look through the paper's classifieds and online classifieds for individual sellers, as you rightly pointed out, brokers take their cut so try to avoid them. Money saved is money earned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
Bear in mind that the new 2012 model launched a few days back. Do you reckon that the value of the 2008-11 model should fall even more now?

My other option is to buy a brand new 2011 model (comes with a 70k discount, costing me about 8.8 lakhs on road for the S-MT), but I'm guessing that when I try to sell it, the resale value will have fallen dramatically due to the new model's launch.
I believe you are right in assuming that the value of a brand new pre-facelift S-MT will be less in the resale market compared to the facelifted S-MT, but it boils down to a couple of factors.

How much time are you going to hold on to it for?

Do you find the looks of the new City over the top?

Would you prefer to have the latest car or is that not a major factor?

How much is the difference in price between both models?

You've got to factor these questions into your buying process.

Personally I think there is tremendous value in the used car market, so if you get a sparingly run car (about 15-20k) that is 2 years old or so in great condition, go for it. Else go for a new gaddi. My two paisa.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 22:03   #3881
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
I just picked up a July 2009 S AT that has run 18000 KMS for 6.75 Lakhs today itself. I'm pretty sure that with a bit of effort, patience and dedicated hunting, you can get an S MT or a V-MT for around that price. Mind you, the car is in immaculate condition and I've paid that much for it. Hope that gives you an idea of what price to expect or aim for.
That sounds like an awesome deal. So that means that for an S-MT, I would be ok paying around 6.25 for a well-maintained one.

Quote:
I picked up my car directly from a buyer who had maintained it very lovingly. That obviously saved me a bundle of cash and gave me some peace of mind. Look through the paper's classifieds and online classifieds for individual sellers, as you rightly pointed out, brokers take their cut so try to avoid them. Money saved is money earned!
How did you find him? I'm getting impatient waiting or trying to find. Which newspapers in Bombay have good classifieds? Even online, the only website on which there was a steady stream of ads was carwale.com and even there, finding an individual seller is very rare. And the 2-3 individual sellers that have posted their ads seem to have no idea about what is a good price because they're over-pricing their cars.

Quote:
How much time are you going to hold on to it for?
3 years, probably.

Quote:
Do you find the looks of the new City over the top?
Not over the top, no. But it does look odd on the screen. Haven't been to a dealer yet, though.

Quote:
Would you prefer to have the latest car or is that not a major factor?
Not a factor for me personally. But the resale value is definitely going to fall for a model that's not the latest.

Quote:
How much is the difference in price between both models?
S-MT 2011 on-road after discount is roughly 8.8 lakhs. The new one would cost about 9-9.2, bear in mind that it will have some additional features like alloy wheels, which were not present on the old S-MT.

Quote:
Personally I think there is tremendous value in the used car market, so if you get a sparingly run car (about 15-20k) that is 2 years old or so in great condition, go for it. Else go for a new gaddi. My two paisa.
Finding one like that would be miraculous, wouldn't it? I've been keeping both eyes out for a car like that. Can you tell me where you found your seller?

On a related note, a couple of days back I saw a Jan 2011-registered ANHC, done about 9000km, S-MT. Problem is, it's been in an accident. Went and rammed into a high truck from the back. Windshield broken (and replaced) and A-pillars damaged (completely repaired to the point at which I cannot even tell they were damaged). No other visible damage on the car. Airbags were deployed during the accident and seller is not going to replace the airbags. Some part of the front bumper (from the side) got scratched and been re-painted. Seller's promising to bring the car into brand new-looking condition (except that he will not replace airbags), and he is quoting 6.25 lakhs. Oh, and another tidbit of information...when they replaced the windshield, they apparently put the Taiwan glass* in first and then attached the rubber. It should be the other way around, and a bit of the rubber from the side clearly looks like it's a shoddy job done. Seller says it's not possible to fix it without replacing the windshield all over again. What do you reckon?

*Possibly off-topic, but what is Taiwan glass? Is it good? Does it hamper visibility, particularly at night?
Old 18th December 2011, 04:41   #3882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX
That sounds like an awesome deal. So that means that for an S-MT, I would be ok paying around 6.25 for a well-maintained one.

How did you find him? I'm getting impatient waiting or trying to find. Which newspapers in Bombay have good classifieds? Even online, the only website on which there was a steady stream of ads was carwale.com and even there, finding an individual seller is very rare. And the 2-3 individual sellers that have posted their ads seem to have no idea about what is a good price because they're over-pricing their car.

S-MT 2011 on-road after discount is roughly 8.8 lakhs. The new one would cost about 9-9.2, bear in mind that it will have some additional features like alloy wheels, which were not present on the old S-MT.

Finding one like that would be miraculous, wouldn't it? I've been keeping both eyes out for a car like that. Can you tell me where you found your seller?

On a related note, a couple of days back I saw a Jan 2011-registered ANHC, done about 9000km, S-MT. Problem is, it's been in an accident. Went and rammed into a high truck from the back. Windshield broken (and replaced) and A-pillars damaged (completely repaired to the point at which I cannot even tell they were damaged). No other visible damage on the car. Airbags were deployed during the accident and seller is not going to replace the airbags. Some part of the front bumper (from the side) got scratched and been re-painted. Seller's promising to bring the car into brand new-looking condition (except that he will not replace airbags), and he is quoting 6.25 lakhs. Oh, and another tidbit of information...when they replaced the windshield, they apparently put the Taiwan glass* in first and then attached the rubber. It should be the other way around, and a bit of the rubber from the side clearly looks like it's a shoddy job done. Seller says it's not possible to fix it without replacing the windshield all over again. What do you reckon?

*Possibly off-topic, but what is Taiwan glass? Is it good? Does it hamper visibility, particularly at night?
Yup, it was an awesome deal indeed but I scouted for a car for a few months before I came across this one! Ironically, my mum alerted me to this particular car since I hadn't read the paper that day. Went over to check it out, the rest is history.

I found this seller through the TOI (times of India) classifieds. Wanted to avoid a broker and so I was looking for individual sellers when I chanced upon this one. I checked out gaadi.com and carwale.com a lot, but really didn't see the appeal of many deals on there. either cars were overpriced or too old or it wasn't the right color. Just didn't do it for me. It was something that didn't click for me online so I went through the papers, and the TOI is all I get at home

Be patient, that is the key to a good deal. If you're willing to put in some effort, it'll be richly rewarded. The thing with individual sellers online is that they base their price off what dealers quote, which is high as it is! Odd catch 22 situation there...

Look at the new City if you're in the market for a new car, why lose out on resale later at all? Whatever you do though, avoid that accident hit car. It has bad idea written all over it!

Apologies for not quoting the appropriate part of your post with each para, typed this out on the phone.

Edit: I haven't the slightest clue about Taiwan Glass either!

Last edited by iliketurtles : 18th December 2011 at 04:43. Reason: Taiwan Glass!!!
Old 18th December 2011, 15:36   #3883
BHPian

I am looking for a Ford Fiesta 1.6s run below 30k kms in Chennai. Guy please let me know of any 1.6s for sale in Chennai.

Govind
Old 18th December 2011, 15:47   #3884
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
I found this seller through the TOI (times of India) classifieds. Wanted to avoid a broker and so I was looking for individual sellers when I chanced upon this one. I checked out gaadi.com and carwale.com a lot, but really didn't see the appeal of many deals on there. either cars were overpriced or too old or it wasn't the right color. Just didn't do it for me. It was something that didn't click for me online so I went through the papers, and the TOI is all I get at home
THis may seem like a very silly question, but where are the classifieds in TOI? All I seem to get are the matrimonial sections :P
Normally, Sunday TOI should give a huge classifieds section, but I've never come across it at all...
Old 18th December 2011, 18:05   #3885
Senior - BHPian

Sundays are pretty much dominated by the Matrimonials, but i'm pretty sure car classifieds are there alright! Most other days it's within the first few pages or within an automotive supplement (Zigwheels, I think it is).

Most Viewed