Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2011, 21:49   #3946
PhX
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
yeah, same.

@ esteem lover and PhX:
why do you say stay away from MFC?
any instances?
I'm asking cos i have bought one from them, but delivery is on the 1st.
so far, just a token amount gone.
Hey, sorry I didn't reply to you earlier. I just noticed that you addressed me. I don't have any bad experiences with MFC. In fact, I have no experience with either MFC or MTV. I was just suggesting buying by sourcing on your own because you're likely to get a better price. MFC and MTV over-charge because of the brand they're associated with.
Old 27th December 2011, 22:07   #3947
BHPian

A friend of mine has recently bought a 2003 2nd hand Wagon R for 1.3 lac from a local cars dealer in Delhi with 60k km on odometer. Just updating this thread.
Old 27th December 2011, 22:15   #3948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
Ok guys, please bear with me in this thread because I'm going to be picky and needing lots of advice before I actually buy a car. And I promise that when I do buy it, I'm going to share all my experiences with you all (if that's a good thing!).

2010 Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi (with ABS)
Done 12,800 km. June 2010 model. Now I'll be honest, guys. I have no idea about the Fiesta. I've never really considered it earlier, and I don't know what its list price was, or how much is its market value right now. He's asking for 5.5L. What do you guys say?
I would like to warn you that the maintenance costs of the ford cars are know to be on the higher side. Spare parts are available but costlier than other cars in the same class. Swift Dzire/SX4/Chevrolet Aveo may be a better choice, I feel.
KMohanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2011, 22:40   #3949
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan

I would like to warn you that the maintenance costs of the ford cars are know to be on the higher side. Spare parts are available but costlier than other cars in the same class. Swift Dzire/SX4/Chevrolet Aveo may be a better choice, I feel.
Incorrect as of about 2 years now.
Availability is a problem outside Ford, not costs.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 11:41   #3950
BHPian

My friend is thinking about a deal of 2000 model lancer-diesel. Asking price is 2.75 lakhs and the current mileage it holds is 1.4 lakhs approx. The car is completely A.S.S maintanied and holds good history of service details. It seems that the tyres are in bad shape and body lines are good with minor scratches here and there.
Car is KA registered and my friend is going to be 4 th owner on paper if he is going for it.
he is going to be 3 rd owner logically as the car is exchanged between a dad and Son in a family priorly and the same is done in book also for some reason.

So what do you guys think abou the deal ?

Last edited by BulZire : 28th December 2011 at 11:45.
Old 28th December 2011, 12:13   #3951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
My friend is thinking about a deal of 2000 model lancer-diesel. Asking price is 2.75 lakhs and the current mileage it holds is 1.4 lakhs approx. The car is completely A.S.S maintanied and holds good history of service details.
I sold my 01 Glxd done close to 2.8Lac KM for around 2.2L. Having said that my car was immaculately maintained had a lot of accesories as well.
Another friend of mine bought a 05Xld from bangalore done close to 68K for 3L.
You shouldnt be paying anything more than 2.3L if the Car is immaculately maintained.
ToroRosso is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 12:30   #3952
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ok guys, please bear with me in this thread because I'm going to be picky and needing lots of advice before I actually buy a car. And I promise that when I do buy it, I'm going to share all my experiences with you all (if that's a good thing!).

2010 Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi (with ABS)
Done 12,800 km. June 2010 model. Now I'll be honest, guys. I have no idea about the Fiesta. I've never really considered it earlier, and I don't know what its list price was, or how much is its market value right now. He's asking for 5.5L. What do you guys say?
thats high even by Carwale's optimistic quotations.
round about 5-4.75 seems more fitting.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 12:52   #3953
BHPian

Demo Toyota Innova for sale

Hi All,

We have come across a Demo Innova, in pristine condition for sale from toyota dealership in kerala.

Details :

2010 Nov model
Innova GX 8 Seater
Insurance Paid Comprehensive till 2012 Nov
Life Time Road Tax Paid
Silver Color
20k Km run
Extra fitting accessories worth Rs. 30k change : Muffler cutter, Spoiler, Fabric Seat cover, Innova stereo head unit and speakers

Now price matters. Asking is 10.70 lakhs, have negotiated and finalised for 10.5 lakh.

Anyone who knows toyota and their engines knows that 20k is hardly anything for a vehicle of Innova sorts. Vehicle is neither abused, not even a single scratch except for a small dent in front bumper left side kind of hit on stone or footpath. They have agreed to repair that and make it back to original condition. The dealer we know personally, so hopefully there should not be anything hidden or cheating kind of sorts.

Let me know if this is a good deal as per the current market value of the similiar placed model. Personally I believe its slightly on the higher side.

The one reason mainly being because any vehicle run about 20-25k km is always sold at a premium. And here it's a innova, with assurance of toyota.

Just want to know is it worth buying at that premium if you feel so and your guys highly valued opinions/suggestions/comments.

rgrds
prsn
Old 28th December 2011, 13:05   #3954
Senior - BHPian

Planned for Chevy Spark LS. But as this will be a sold off in next 2 years resale value of the car was a worry for me.
Tried checking some websites its upto 2 lks(current price 3.54 inc offer).
Also as sales of spark is dipping MoM will the price still reduce in coming months?
Old 28th December 2011, 13:11   #3955
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
If you scratch their surface just a little you will know what they are. They were once selling a Consulate car without proper transfer papers. Records showed that the car was transferred to another buyer 8 months back, he had not done the registration etc.

Also my many visits to their dealerships for various reasons made me to think that way.

Maruti True Value is not much better than them, they are crooks too.
Quote:
Hey, sorry I didn't reply to you earlier. I just noticed that you addressed me. I don't have any bad experiences with MFC. In fact, I have no experience with either MFC or MTV. I was just suggesting buying by sourcing on your own because you're likely to get a better price. MFC and MTV over-charge because of the brand they're associated with.

ok, i just spoke thee MFC guys for the honda city i was looking at.
now, full service history is available.
That puts me at some ease, cos at least the odo can be confirmed,if not anything else..

Tell me, is it a pain to get some details from honda A. S. station?
would they even divulge anything?
Old 28th December 2011, 13:55   #3956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Planned for Chevy Spark LS. But as this will be a sold off in next 2 years resale value of the car was a worry for me.
Tried checking some websites its upto 2 lks(current price 3.54 inc offer).
Also as sales of spark is dipping MoM will the price still reduce in coming months?
If you are planning to sell after 2 years, do yourself a favour and buy a new Alto/ used Swift. These cars are the reigning residual value champions.

@Mayankk Honda ASC is extremely helpful and even give out all the details over the phone if you call the correct SC where the car was serviced.

Last edited by antz.bin : 28th December 2011 at 13:58.
antz.bin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 14:19   #3957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
If you are planning to sell after 2 years, do yourself a favour and buy a new Alto/ used Swift. These cars are the reigning residual value champions..
I already own a Swift and I am not in favour of Alto either.
Think wagon R is the only other option :-(
Old 28th December 2011, 16:04   #3958
BHPian

Ok guys I have found a beetle on sale for 17 lakhs. 1 year old and 12k on the odo. The guy is telling me it's a 3 liter diesel engine, just wanted to check where there any diesels sold in India? Also, is this a good buy with respect to after sales service?
Old 28th December 2011, 16:19   #3959
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

What would be a fair value for a single owner FIAT Punto 2010 Emotion variant - 25K kms in immaculate condition? The asking price is 5.5 lakhs.
Old 29th December 2011, 09:32   #3960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Ok guys I have found a beetle on sale for 17 lakhs. 1 year old and 12k on the odo. The guy is telling me it's a 3 liter diesel engine, just wanted to check where there any diesels sold in India? Also, is this a good buy with respect to after sales service?
Good thing with such a niche vehicle is that each unit would be pretty well known by VW.
why not get in touch with PoS/A.s.S?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks