Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2012, 21:43   #4216
BANNED

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Planning to sell my Alto as wife wants to upgrade as she’s the one who drives it –
Silver Alto LXI – Jan 2007
No loan
Covered 87000 kms
Insurance valid till 5th April
Rides on 155/55/13 wheels but no alloys, tires could last another 25k as done only 20k (is the 2nd set )
Sony music system with explode speakers
Gurus – please advise what would be an appropriate price range to expect for this. No problem at all with the car, only thing wife thinks is it's nearing the 1 lakh mark and also it's been 5 years she's been driving it so looks forward for a change (Chevrolet Beat - I guess)
Old 16th February 2012, 23:26   #4217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camon View Post
Friends,

I got a direct party who has fiesta 1.6S 2008 model with 22K odo.

Vehicle is in good condition and odo is genuine too. Counterpart quoting 5L.

Is this good deal. Vehicle in Chennai only.

Please help.

Thanks,
Rajesh
5 Lakh is little too high, 4.5 is the right price.

how is exterior condition?
Crazy4.Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 08:07   #4218
BHPian

What would be the price of a 1999 UNO diesel? Exterior condition is ok and the interiors are acceptable. The quote is 60k. Is it ok???
Old 17th February 2012, 10:33   #4219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

I got a direct party who has fiesta 1.6S 2008 model with 22K odo.

Vehicle is in good condition and odo is genuine too. Counterpart quoting 5L.

Is this good deal. Vehicle in Chennai only.

Please help.

Thanks,
Rajesh

22k on an S is slightly unrealistic.
It was bought mostly by enthusiasts, and enthusiasts drive.
this comes to just over 5k a year.
If you can verify it, try and negotiate it and get it.
I have a feeling the S is going to command OHC type premiums in the near future.
If you feel youre overpaying, you will im sure make it up in good resale.
Edit:Yeah, 4-4.5

Do pitch the "out of production" bit.
although, people here on TBHP would pay a premium JUST because of the "out-of-production" status....

Last edited by mayankk : 17th February 2012 at 10:34.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 10:50   #4220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
5 Lakh is little too high, 4.5 is the right price.

how is exterior condition?
Car is really good with Stock Tyre (mfg. June 2008) and it has HID and factory fitted sunroof installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
22k on an S is slightly unrealistic.
It was bought mostly by enthusiasts, and enthusiasts drive.
this comes to just over 5k a year.
If you can verify it, try and negotiate it and get it.
I have a feeling the S is going to command OHC type premiums in the near future.

Do pitch the "out of production" bit.
although, people here on TBHP would pay a premium JUST because of the "out-of-production" status....
I second your note dude, Me too feel the fiesta 1.6S will sure command OHC type premium in near future.
Reg 22k odo, it's genuine however I can't able to negotiate further considering the point "Out Of Prod" because 1.6S is immortal to me.

Last edited by camon : 17th February 2012 at 11:01. Reason: Updated with Mayank quote
Old 17th February 2012, 10:59   #4221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
What would be the price of a 1999 UNO diesel? Exterior condition is ok and the interiors are acceptable. The quote is 60k. Is it ok???
That seems ok, make sure the vital parts of the car are in good condition. Engine, transmission, AC etc as these are the ones that are really expensive to rectify. Bargain to 50k just for kicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Don't think the Ford will neither have the cult status of the OHC nor the resale price of the OHC. It is an ever fast depreciating product simply because of the high cost/non availability of parts. Buying at the lowest possible price is the best bet to minimize losses.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 17th February 2012 at 11:12.
Old 17th February 2012, 11:09   #4222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
-------------Snip-------------- It is an ever fast depreciating product simply because of the high/non availability of parts. Buying at the lowest possible price is the best bet to minimize losses.
OK.
But will have to disagree on the boldened bit.

@camon: do get the internals checked out before you drop a pretty buck.
pumps, belts, coils etc, the whole bit.
if its all well, and not on its way out, even at 5L, the smiles will outweigh everything!

Last edited by mayankk : 17th February 2012 at 11:11.
Old 17th February 2012, 11:10   #4223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
yup for sure true value cars are expensive, if your getting a 2006 alto run only 20k km for 1.85 please buy it.

you will not get such a car with 20k on the odo which is 5yrs old.
In bangalore true value are quoting upto 2.1 for 2006 or 2007 car, i am not sure which true value did you find a 2006 alto lxi for 1.85
In Mumbai the Tru value at Phoenix Mall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Yes, agree with Crazy4cars, based on what quotes I got from true value couple of weeks back across Bangalore Alto price you have got is reasonable. However do check if the mileage on odo is corrent.
I saw the wear on the accelerator pedal and break pedal they seem to correctly worn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post
I personally wouldn't pay 1.85lakhs for an Alto of a near 6yr Vintage. Considering the age of the car it is also very under run; (or the odo has been set back). I dont think you should pay more than 1.5l for the car.
I finally got it for 1.75. The people there were quite efficient and good they let me try out different cars. I quite liked a 2007 Alto belonging to SAI Motors itself done 24000 km (management gets a car depending on rank and also gets 40 lit per month free) This was costing 1.99, but then settled for the 2006 one.
However I found the car underpowered.
Old 17th February 2012, 11:28   #4224
BHPian

Will be selling our Ford Fiesta (Limited edition) TDCi this month. Need your help in fixing the price to sell this at. Purchased in Sep 2009 and has done 31500Kms. Car has all service records. 3 Tyres are almost new. Condition of car is quite good. Please help me decide the right price to sell the car.
Thanks!
Varun
Old 17th February 2012, 11:41   #4225
BHPian

Quote:
Car is really good with Stock Tyre (mfg. June 2008) and it has HID and factory fitted sunroof installed.

I second your note dude, Me too feel the fiesta 1.6S will sure command OHC type premium in near future.
Reg 22k odo, it's genuine however I can't able to negotiate further considering the point "Out Of Prod" because 1.6S is immortal to me.

I have seen this car and if im not wrong it is in Annanagar. The car has taken quite a beating on the exterior, beware of the sunroof as its externally fitted and the lining is coming off, car generally feels underpowered, not the cleanest of interiors. I wouldnt go above 3.60-3.75 for this particular car. Plus if im not wrong this car has done 28-29k kms. You also have dents in all the wrong places which will be difficult to remove.
redsfx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 13:25   #4226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
I have seen this car and if im not wrong it is in Annanagar. The car has taken quite a beating on the exterior, beware of the sunroof as its externally fitted and the lining is coming off, car generally feels underpowered, not the cleanest of interiors. I wouldnt go above 3.60-3.75 for this particular car. Plus if im not wrong this car has done 28-29k kms. You also have dents in all the wrong places which will be difficult to remove.
Hi Govind,

I tried to call you now however you didn't picked it. Anyhow, thanks for the info.

Will check all your points mentioned. Reg dents in wrong places, can you please tell me the places where it has that if you could remember it.

Also how to find it is underpowered. Did you compared with any similiar Fiesta or through your own experience.

Regards.
Rajesh
Old 17th February 2012, 14:07   #4227
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Govind,

I tried to call you now however you didn't picked it. Anyhow, thanks for the info.

Will check all your points mentioned. Reg dents in wrong places, can you please tell me the places where it has that if you could remember it.

Also how to find it is underpowered. Did you compared with any similiar Fiesta or through your own experience.

Regards.
Rajesh

It was nice talking to you Rajesh. i would be happy to help you out in your hunt. I personally would not go beyond 3.85 for this particular vehicle as :
1. It is a 4 year old Ford.
2. Exterior work to be done and its just not simple tinkering work which is involved. Color matching will be difficult.
3. I am just wary of the sunroof as it can cause a lot of problems especially during the rainy season.

All said and done it is a 1.6s in Aq.Blue and if you are able to seal the deal at 3.85 it will give you enough moolah to get the car back to pristine condition.
With regards to looking at other Fords - Oh Yes I did look at quite a few and infact came across few Ford diesels at very tempting prices(2009 model run 14000 for only 4 lakhs).

Regards
Old 18th February 2012, 08:20   #4228
BHPian

Honda Civic 1.8V-AT, Aug 2007 with 36k on the odo. Condition of the car is ok, not extremely bad neither pristine. Tyres are good, with some wear on them. Quoted price is 5.2L. Should I go for it?
Old 18th February 2012, 23:13   #4229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nd3r50n
Honda Civic 1.8V-AT, Aug 2007 with 36k on the odo. Condition of the car is ok, not extremely bad neither pristine. Tyres are good, with some wear on them. Quoted price is 5.2L. Should I go for it?
It's slightly too high. I was offered a White V MT Dec 07 model run 48k Kms for 4.5lakhs. Civic resale values have tanked in recent times in Mumbai n AT models are the slowest selling.
Old 19th February 2012, 07:30   #4230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil

It's slightly too high. I was offered a White V MT Dec 07 model run 48k Kms for 4.5lakhs. Civic resale values have tanked in recent times in Mumbai n AT models are the slowest selling.
So what should be a good price for this car? Can you quote a price that i can bargain with? Sorry, but really am not sure what price to quote, so any help will be appreciated. Another thing, the HONDA logo on the back is missing the H & O letters. I spoke with the Honda SS over at Sewri and they can fix it for 1.2k. Please let me know.

Most Viewed