Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2012, 11:06   #4366
BHPian

Re: What is the price for a 96 maruti esteem?? found one near to me with the below sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
thankyou very much creative420, I decided not to buy it, and what is your suggestion about a Matiz, I know that the availability of parts is a problem for matiz but if I change the stock engine (S - TECH) of matiz and replace it with a spark or beat engine along with the transmission (also stock) I think the problem will be solved(it is possible to do such a mod). I had a matiz before, I sold it a year back and was really really in love with it, that is the reason why I plan to take some risk on it, please advice...
Well, I guess you should post your query on this thread to get answers from the experts as we're getting away from the topic of "used car price" here. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...woo-matiz.html

Cheers!
Old 13th March 2012, 20:35   #4367
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Can anyone help me with a realistic price for an 8 month old Chevrolet Beat LT petrol? I'm frustrated with the low end torque and the FE it returns, especially when a Baleno is the other car in the family. Don't want to pay much further EMIs as vitamin-m is not too great. Price has been reduced by a lac from what it cost at the time of buying! Yet, it seems that there are not much takers for the petrol version. Had given two ads in the news paper with dismal response. All in all, I'm depressed by this buy.

Wondering how much further I should go down.
Old 13th March 2012, 20:44   #4368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Can anyone help me with a realistic price for an 8 month old Chevrolet Beat LT petrol? I'm frustrated with the low end torque and the FE it returns, especially when a Baleno is the other car in the family. Don't want to pay much further EMIs as vitamin-m is not too great. Price has been reduced by a lac from what it cost at the time of buying! Yet, it seems that there are not much takers for the petrol version. Had given two ads in the news paper with dismal response. All in all, I'm depressed by this buy.

Wondering how much further I should go down.
Yet another example of poor resale value of Chevy cars.
Anyways, how much are you asking for ?
Old 13th March 2012, 21:04   #4369
Senior - BHPian

It cost 4.65 OTR in Kerala. I was expecting nothing below 3.65 with only 5.5k kms run.
Old 13th March 2012, 22:54   #4370
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
Are not balenos parts expensive and not readily available?
SGP (Suzuki Genuine Parts) of Baleno are expensive. But, highly durable. MGP (Maruti Genuine Parts) are not expensive. All parts are available. Maximum delay experienced is 2-3 days for getting from other branches.
The comfort and pickup of baleno will make you forget this bit more expense on some parts...

Quote:
It cost 4.65 OTR in Kerala. I was expecting nothing below 3.65 with only 5.5k kms run.
Getting 3.65 for your beat is almost impossible. From the responses to the advertisements you gave in news paper, you can find the pulse and the approximate cost you can get. You will find that almost all enquiries will be in the range of 2-2.5 lakhs. Because, it runs on petrol

Last edited by GTO : 15th March 2012 at 16:40. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 13th March 2012, 23:09   #4371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
You will find that almost all enquiries will be in the range of 2-2.5 lakhs. Because, it runs on petrol
God save me from a heart attack. This cannot be true! A loss more than half the price, on a 5000 km run 8 month old car?

Please can someone help me out on a realistic value? Please, I would also like to know the petrol:diesel split on the Beat's Feb sales.

Last edited by thoma : 13th March 2012 at 23:14.
Old 13th March 2012, 23:11   #4372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
God save me from a heart attack. This cannot be true! A loss more than half the price, on a 5000 km run 8 month old car?

Please can someone help me out on a realistic value?
Patience is the key.
Look around for someone who is in the market for a new petrol hatch,and offer-you would get 3.65 or may be more.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2012, 23:18   #4373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Patience is the key.
Look around for someone who is in the market for a new petrol hatch,and offer-you would get 3.65 or may be more.
Make sure that the person isnt a relative or a good friend.... otherwise you can totally give up on the relationship as they would hate you for selling them something which they could've purchased for much cheaper!
Old 14th March 2012, 07:52   #4374
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Please can someone help me out on a realistic value? Please, I would also like to know the petrol:diesel split on the Beat's Feb sales.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Patience is the key.
I agree with akshay4957 and would disagree with kmohanan here. There is no way a 5000km run, 8 month old car can go for as low as 2 lacs when it was purchased for 4.6 lacs in july-august 2011, unless such a car was involved in a major accident or something. That (2L) is a highly exaggerated underestimation. Relax, you are good to go for 3.5-3.7 lacs and thereabouts.

The petrol v/s diesel battle is quite overhyped. It doesn't have so much of an impact in the used hatchback market, is what I have observed. Where the petrol cost issue comes up in resale is if you plan to sell your baleno or some such low-kmpl-returning sedan, for example.

Register with a few used car agents and wait for the right customer to come along. At my friend's used car dealership, we usually see some people coming in looking specifically for such almost-new vehicles and they are more than happy to buy it for the asking price without much bargaining, since they know the vehicle is almost unused and they will still be saving ~1lac as opposed to a brand new piece in a showroom.

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th March 2012 at 08:11.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 10:13   #4375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma
Can anyone help me with a realistic price for an 8 month old Chevrolet Beat LT petrol? I'm frustrated with the low end torque and the FE it returns, especially when a Baleno is the other car in the family. Price has been reduced by a lac from what it cost at the time of buying!
I had TD-ed a Beat-petrol when we were looking for a car for my in-laws and from what I remember of the short TD, did not find low-end torque to be an issue. But then short TDs do not always bring out the actual characteristics. BTW, I hope you are not comparing the poor thing with the Baleno's drivability and FE. What is the FE anyway ? If I were you, I would not take such a massive depreciation hit and instead use it for in-city runs, using the Baleno for long runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587
Patience is the key. Look around for someone who is in the market for a new petrol hatch,and offer-you would get 3.65 or may be more.
Indeed. Don't seem in a hurry to sell. Wait for the right customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK
The petrol v/s diesel battle is quite overhyped. It doesn't have so much of an impact in the used hatchback market, is what I have observed.
You might not be aware about the market in Kerala (TN too) - where people simply abhor petrol cars. I have had people assume my Baleno is a diesel car and have them be flabbergasted when I tell them it runs on petrol. So, Mohanan has a point there about the petrol bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK
Where the petrol cost issue comes up in resale is if you plan to sell your baleno or some such low-kmpl-returning sedan
The Baleno has resale issues, but that is due to being a flop (initially atleast) in the market. FE is not one of its cons though - in fact it is one heck of a fuel-efficient car, which can beat even smaller (in size/cc) cars in mileage. Infact, I would not be surprised if thoma's Baleno1.6 is more FE than his Beat1.2.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 14th March 2012 at 10:34.
supremeBaleno is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 17:13   #4376
BHPian

I am negotiating on a year old Punto 1.3 90Hp which has done 26K kms. Car is in good condition, no visible damage. What would be a good deal? The owner is asking 6.9 lacs which I feel is too high. I am thinking more like 6.2 lacs.
Old 14th March 2012, 18:42   #4377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
There is no way a 5000km run, 8 month old car can go for as low as 2 lacs when it was purchased for 4.6 lacs in july-august 2011, unless such a car was involved in a major accident or something. That (2L) is a highly exaggerated underestimation. Relax, you are good to go for 3.5-3.7 lacs and thereabouts.
Thanks for the views. I have been waiting for a customer ever since Jan from where I've reduced the asking price from 4.2 (which I knew was a bit exaggerated) to 3.65 lacs. We got only 2 genuine inquiries out of which one was from seeing the classifieds of Team-BHP. The Beat was bought mainly to replace the aging Baleno for city runs. But it turned out that dad is having difficulty on the visibility aspect and me with the FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
from what I remember of the short TD, did not find low-end torque to be an issue. But then short TDs do not always bring out the actual characteristics.
I felt no issues with the Beat's low-end torque on test driving on two occasions. But you have have rightly answered to your question.

Quote:
BTW, I hope you are not comparing the poor thing with the Baleno's drivability and FE. What is the FE anyway ?
Never. But still, the Baleno's drive-ability is a class apart. My major grouse arise upon comparison with a lesser bhp car! More read at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...undai-i10.html

Quote:
If I were you, I would not take such a massive depreciation hit and instead use it for in-city runs, using the Baleno for long runs.
The practicality is just the reverse! Beat returns marginally better FE and drive-ability on long drives (of course, one has to drive really sedate). For me, the Baleno returns marginally better FE and huge drive-ability when it comes to city drives.

Quote:
The Baleno has resale issues, but that is due to being a flop (initially atleast) in the market.
But I do not have much grudge on it as we all have thoroughly enjoyed the Baleno the past 6 years.

Quote:
Infact, I would not be surprised if thoma's Baleno1.6 is more FE than his Beat1.2
Except for sedate highway runs. And I suspect that is how Chevy has claimed an ARAI rating of 18.6 kmpl on the Beat. I'm wondering how other Beat owners who get decent FE, don't get frustrated much with the low-end torque.
Old 15th March 2012, 07:40   #4378
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post

You might not be aware about the market in Kerala (TN too) - where people simply abhor petrol cars. I have had people assume my Baleno is a diesel car and have them be flabbergasted when I tell them it runs on petrol. So, Mohanan has a point there about the petrol bit.
Thanks supremeBaleno, I am not fully aware of the used car market in Kerala, so I stand corrected. What I was highlighting was that the petrol variant resale value is more of a bother in the sedan segment than in the hatchback segment, especially pronounced in cars which had both fuel variants selling alongside. For eg, compare the resale of a 2005 Accent GLS and a 2005 Accent CRDi. I wouldn't be surprised if the CRDi one went for 1L more in that case.

In the hatchback segment, prices are largely based on how much of a market success that car was, and the brand of the car, than on petrol v/s diesel. This could mainly be due to the fact that there weren't many diesel hatchbacks around till recently

At least, there cannot be that much of variation as to expect 2 lacs for a 4.5 lac, 8 month old, unused, non-accident car.

Quote:
The Baleno has resale issues, but that is due to being a flop (initially atleast) in the market. FE is not one of its cons though - in fact it is one heck of a fuel-efficient car, which can beat even smaller (in size/cc) cars in mileage. Infact, I would not be surprised if thoma's Baleno1.6 is more FE than his Beat1.2.
+1 I do agree here. Added to this, the Baleno was discontinued post 2007 if I am right, so the "discontinued" tag further reduces the market value for a used Baleno.
Old 15th March 2012, 15:36   #4379
BHPian

Please Suggest:

Registered in: Delhi, car is currently in Mumbai.
Car: Apr-2008 Hyundai i10 Magna(O) - 1.1L.
Miileage: 55000
CNG kit installed and endorsed in RC.
new XM1+ tyres, installed 1000 KM ago.

what is the realistic price to be expected on selling this car: in Mumbai AND in Delhi.

Last edited by infotech58 : 15th March 2012 at 15:46. Reason: updated the engine type.
Old 15th March 2012, 15:42   #4380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Please Suggest:

Registered in: Delhi, car is currently in Mumbai.
Car: Apr-2008 Hyundai i10 Magna(O)
Miileage: 55000
CNG kit installed and endorsed in RC.
new XM1+ tyres, installed 1000 KM ago.

what is the realistic price to be expected on selling this car: in Mumbai AND in Delhi.
Please also mention if it is 1.1 or 1.2. AFAIK, in 2008, i10 Magna was available in both these options.
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks