Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2012, 15:37   #4516
BHPian

Re: Reasons NOT to buy this used Civic in Hyderabad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger1976 View Post
I am being offered a late 2009 Civic VMT for about 8 lacs (about 1 lac less than Carwale).
1. This will become my primary car
2. My weekly commute is not more than 150-200 kms
3. Current mileage is claimed at 12-13 kmpl
4. The car seems to be extremely well maintained
Forget about carwale prices. They are pretty inflated these days. You can browse through this very thread for a proof of that.

You have not mentioned what is the current odo reading on the car. In any case I would say 7-7.25 would be a good price for the car. You might be ignoring the fact that an all new Civic is just around the corner and petrol sedan resale values have taken a royal beating in the last 6 months-1 year.

On the mileage front - I had a Civic for 2 years and at least it never gave me this kind of mileage. In city with AC the mileage used to be around 10 and on highways it used to hover around 11. Probably on a highway in winter with AC off it might give close to claimed average.

No issues with this being your primary car. Civic is pretty reliable.

Before closing the deal do check for tyre condition, remaining insurance and the service schedule to see what parts are due a change. This will give you a good idea of what costs you might incur once you buy it. All in all if all is well and if I were you I would still try to close the deal around 7-7.25L.
Old 11th April 2012, 15:58   #4517
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Repeat : What should I pay for a single owner 2006 Wagon R AT Bharat Stage 3 that has clocked 37000km in Bangalore? The price is Rs. 2.35lac. Claimed to be single owner. What gives on the price assuming the car is in great shape?
Old 11th April 2012, 18:33   #4518
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I sold my 2006 Honda City ZX CVT for 3.90 L (less 5 K brokerage). The car had run 60900 kms.
Old 11th April 2012, 18:45   #4519
BHPian

Re: Reasons NOT to buy this used Civic in Hyderabad...

Quote:
I am being offered a late 2009 Civic VMT for about 8 lacs

5. It will be on my company's name, so accountant says that he can get the tax break on the depreciation, as well as all maintenance (service/insurance/fuel)
6. If I get this car, I might be tempted to go for long drives with family once every 2 months (have a 2 yr old now)

Please chip in with your thoughts on my situation...
i would say the correct price for this car would be around 7 lac also consider the fact that a 2007 Civic can be bought for as low as 4.5-5.0 lac.
civic would not give you 12-13 kmpl in city driving; max you can expect is 9-10.
if your monthly running is very low and you are not bothered about the fuel bills, look at buying an Accord too. 2006/07 Accord 2.4 AND 2006/2007 Accord V6 should be around 7-8 lac but would give you 5-6 kmpl in city driving.
Old 11th April 2012, 19:20   #4520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianvirus View Post
Oh pancham, just when I was going to drift away from swift, your P.S. draw me back to it. I have noticed this happened several times, the moment I start thinking about other cars, something gets me back to swift. May be divine forces want me to go for swift only.
Haha!! If I were you I would have gone for the Swift. (i hate both Figo and Ritz).

Quote:
All,

I need your thoughts and suggestions in making this decision:

I am being offered a late 2009 Civic VMT for about 8 lacs (about 1 lac less than Carwale). It is a very very tempting offer. However, I just wanted to hear from the devils advocates to stay away from the deal. Here are few more details about the deal and my current situation

5. It will be on my company's name, so accountant says that he can get the tax break on the depreciation, as well as all maintenance (service/insurance/fuel)
6. If I get this car, I might be tempted to go for long drives with family once every 2 months (have a 2 yr old now)

Please chip in with your thoughts on my situation...
HANG ON buddy!!! 9 Lakhs is a bit too much. Even I feel price should be somewhere around 7L.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
On the mileage front - I had a Civic for 2 years and at least it never gave me this kind of mileage. In city with AC the mileage used to be around 10 and on highways it used to hover around 11. Probably on a highway in winter with AC off it might give close to claimed average.
Old 12th April 2012, 23:16   #4521
BHPian

My friend is selling his 2005 Innova (2.5 G3, 8 seater), 70k mileage. He is expecting 7-7.5L, per carwale.com. I am certainly interested, having watched the vehicle closely for all these years. However, I am not sure if this is the right price, and whether I should invest this much money in a 7-year old vehicle... Can you help, ?
Old 13th April 2012, 00:46   #4522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
My friend is selling his 2005 Innova (2.5 G3, 8 seater), 70k mileage. He is expecting 7-7.5L, per carwale.com. I am certainly interested, having watched the vehicle closely for all these years. However, I am not sure if this is the right price, and whether I should invest this much money in a 7-year old vehicle... Can you help, ?
I think the the carwale valued the car a lot more.
I would not pay more than 5.5 Lacs (may be 6) for the well maintained innova of this age(in terms of years)
Also G3 is not the top end. The V is the top end (Correct me if I am wrong)
himavanth_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 10:41   #4523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
My friend is selling his 2005 Innova (2.5 G3, 8 seater), 70k mileage. He is expecting 7-7.5L, per carwale.com.
Expectation is too high similar to other Innovas for sale in our classifieds. Looking at age, mileage and variant, my buying price would be between 5 to 5.5 L.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 11:00   #4524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Expectation is too high similar to other Innovas for sale in our classifieds. Looking at age, mileage and variant, my buying price would be between 5 to 5.5 L.
@Sukiwa, thanks for your response. The price range you mentioned is what I had in mind, but carwale.com is showing different numbers! I guess I will take the car to couple of dealers here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
I think the the carwale valued the car a lot more.
I would not pay more than 5.5 Lacs (may be 6) for the well maintained innova of this age(in terms of years)
Also G3 is not the top end. The V is the top end (Correct me if I am wrong)
@himavanth_m: You are correct, G3 is not the top-end. In 2005, V was available only in 7-seater mode, so my friend settled for G3. It is a well-maintained vehicle, for sure! 5.5-6L is my range, too.

Note from Team-BHP Support: Please use "Edit" option if posting within 30 minutes of original post. Also, use "multi-quote" option to quote multiple posts.

Last edited by noopster : 13th April 2012 at 12:03.
Old 13th April 2012, 11:57   #4525
BHPian

I am looking forward to buy old Santro/ Wagon R as city car for my daughter. I was adviced not to buy Xing model (Post 2005)

Is the advice correct?

Is it advisable to buy 10 yrs old Santro or Wagon R?

What should be the price for well maintained 5 years old Santro / Wagon R?
Old 13th April 2012, 12:29   #4526
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ The only issue in a Xing is corrosion after approx 5-6 years ; this again depends on where and how the car has been used.

A good used 6 year old Wagon-R or Xing can be yours for approx. 2.0lacs
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 12:32   #4527
Senior - BHPian

CANPUSH: Any reason for fixating on Santro/WagonR? If particularly looking for LPG/Auto models, then its ok, but if not, there are other modern cars. Your daughter may prefer newer models as compared to Santro or old wagonR!

Also, sent a PM regarding a deal I am eyeing. Disclaimer: I am not related to the deal at all, and do your due diligence first.
Old 14th April 2012, 01:28   #4528
Mtv
BHPian

I want to sell my Honda CRV.
It's a December 2007 MT (sunroof model) and clocked only 21,000 km.
A recent issue of the Autocar said that CRVs hold their value well, certain examples clocked well over 50k km were going for anywhere between 10-12.5 lacs.
Went to a dealer, he quoted 7, reason being that petrol car prices have "taken a hit".
Something seems amiss, what would be a good price for my car?
Old 14th April 2012, 09:30   #4529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv
A recent issue of the Autocar said that CRVs hold their value well, certain examples clocked well over 50k km were going for anywhere between 10-12.5 lacs.
Went to a dealer, he quoted 7, reason being that petrol car prices have "taken a hit".
CRVs lose a lot of value very fast. Not sure about Kolkatta but in Mumbai you can get vehicles of your vintage for around 9lakhs. Ofcos dealers would quote lesser than that when you are trying to sell. I think anywhere around 9lakhs would be a decent amount you can expect for an 07 CRV.
Old 14th April 2012, 13:06   #4530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
This might help you to get an idea.
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...nda/CR-V.html/

Although I dont like this car. Its all wacked up. I think you can expect 9.75-10L.

Most Viewed