Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2012, 20:17   #4921
BHPian

Re: An upside to the petrol price hike : Used car residuals CRASH

My mother's friend is offering a Toyota Corolla 2008 at 3 lakh. Of course I haven't seen or TD it yet but if its in perfect condition I might just pick it up. Our commute is 50 kms per day but I think a CNG kit will more or less make up for it.

We were thinking of delaying a purchase till next year and then opting for either Toyota Etios or a similar segment car.

If this turns out to be a well maintained vehicle, what do you think folks? Should I go and get it?
Old 21st June 2012, 20:35   #4922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86
My mother's friend is offering a Toyota Corolla 2008 at 3 lakh. Of course I haven't seen or TD it yet but if its in perfect condition I might just pick it up. Our commute is 50 kms per day but I think a CNG kit will more or less make up for it.

We were thinking of delaying a purchase till next year and then opting for either Toyota Etios or a similar segment car.

If this turns out to be a well maintained vehicle, what do you think folks? Should I go and get it?
Absolutely pick it up if its a non accidental clean well maintained car. If you dont then plzzzz let me know i am More than happy to pick it up
Old 21st June 2012, 20:37   #4923
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post

I think this is indeed a very good deal, as Toyota Corolla is one of the most reliable car ever, and a four year car should serve you for many kilometers in the coming years.

Unless untill car was used as part of fleet/or was a lemon originally, I think you may go for it.

I would think 2008 Civics are available around 7-8 lacs depending on the milage and car condition, Corolla also being a D segment car, should have comparale price, and at 3 lacs its a steal.

Regards,

JLS
Old 21st June 2012, 20:51   #4924
BHPian

Thank you guys for the feedback. The seller being a family friend for decades, we know we would not be kept in the dark about anything. Anyway, its too early to say anything. As the lady's husband is not too keen on letting his baby go but like in all marriages the woman does have her way. She's hell bent on buying herself a new ride and knows we would be keen on it

As of now, my mother had been talking to her and honestly speaking, I don't trust my mother or for that matter her friend's knowledge. So I'll go and TD it and check the vehicle out.

I am so excited already. Hope it sails through.
Old 22nd June 2012, 08:24   #4925
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

dhanushs : Thanks for the replies!! I am planning to see the ikon today or tomorrow, lets see what pans out. Btw, I do know its *not* a perfectly sensible decision to buy an ikon, its more of an emotional decision; I just love that car.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd June 2012 at 13:19. Reason: Removing unnecessary hyperlink
Old 22nd June 2012, 13:08   #4926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

As others said, its a very good deal and you should just pick it up.

I am in the market too for a used corolla, am getting models of 2004 vintage at 3L, 2008 model at 3L is truly a steal. Just go for it.

If you donot want it then let me know
Old 22nd June 2012, 13:34   #4927
BHPian

Well I still have a road block in getting the Toyota Corolla 2008 home which is coming through for approx 3 lakh.

The couple has to reach a mutual decision on selling it. Being close family friends for decades, I'm sure no lemons would be handed over and if any issues exist, they would be brought to our notice immediately.

In case for any reason (which I would explain in detail) if we can't get the car, I'll for sure give you guys a head's up.

Cheers!

Last edited by AbhishekB86 : 22nd June 2012 at 13:42. Reason: The post has been moved by the mods thought I was in the same thread. Lots of confusion.
Old 22nd June 2012, 15:26   #4928
BHPian

I have had my eye on a particular Forester in Pune for quite some time now, & ready to take the plunge. Don't know what kept me waiting-probably a miracle-which I have with the spike in petrol prices.
Chevrolet Forester AWD
KMS: 56,000
YEAR: DEC 2003
2 previous owners
Manual Transmission
Silver color
Petrol fuel
No insurance
Vehicle is in good condition (actually some aspects are in excellent condition)
ASKING PRICE: 3.75 lakhs
I am sure I can negotiate for a much lower price, but how much? Forester users\experts please guide. Also let me know what to look out for while checking the vehicle & what kind of costs should I expect to incur. Thanks.
Old 22nd June 2012, 15:51   #4929
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg
I have had my eye on a particular Forester in Pune for quite some time now, & ready to take the plunge. Don't know what kept me waiting-probably a miracle-which I have with the spike in petrol prices.
Chevrolet Forester AWD
KMS: 56,000
YEAR: DEC 2003
2 previous owners
Manual Transmission
Silver color
Petrol fuel
No insurance
Vehicle is in good condition (actually some aspects are in excellent condition)
ASKING PRICE: 3.75 lakhs
I am sure I can negotiate for a much lower price, but how much? Forester users\experts please guide. Also let me know what to look out for while checking the vehicle & what kind of costs should I expect to incur. Thanks.
Write to Guna. He is the resident Forester Expert hereabouts!
Old 22nd June 2012, 17:24   #4930
BHPian

Quote:
That's absolutely fantastic. If I were you I wouldn't think twice, especially if the mileage isnt exorbitantly high. Toyota engines are bulletproof, so you shouldn't worry about the engine or the electricals.
The CNG kit will work like a charm, from what I hear Corollas engines are well-suited to CNG conversions.

All the best, keep us posted.
Old 22nd June 2012, 19:49   #4931
BHPian

Hey Ghostrider,

Oh well I am stuck in an awkward position here. My mother wouldn't let me approach them for a test drive. She knows nothing about cars but being close as they are, she thinks we should just go ahead and buy it.

If the vehicle is perfect, oh gosh I'm going to go nuts. Thanks for the insight on the toyota engines, never owned one, so I'll take your word for it.

Now to somehow convince my mother for a TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
That's absolutely fantastic. If I were you I wouldn't think twice, especially if the mileage isnt exorbitantly high. Toyota engines are bulletproof, so you shouldn't worry about the engine or the electricals.
The CNG kit will work like a charm, from what I hear Corollas engines are well-suited to CNG conversions.

All the best, keep us posted.
Old 22nd June 2012, 20:34   #4932
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
Hello,
What could be a realistic price to ask for a Ford Ikon 1.6 ZXI Nxt 2003 Sept running on new Michelin Energy XM+ tyres .
I think, given that petrol is upward of 80 Rs, you should aim to get 1.2 L.
The Ikon unfortunately didnt rank high on used car buyers lists because of potential wallet buster problems
fiestarry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 23:50   #4933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
I think, given that petrol is upward of 80 Rs, you should aim to get 1.2 L.
Thanks fiestarry. Actually, my target price is 1.25L. Already have some close quotes. May be, will wait for a week or two and then take a call.
Old 23rd June 2012, 01:39   #4934
BHPian

I am searching for a good ,less run scorpio for about 5.25 lacs in mumbai. Which year and model will fall into this budget? I have been offered a genuinely 37000 kms run black scorpio for about 5.3 lacs model 2008 dx crde2.6. Is it a good deal? Please advise.
Old 23rd June 2012, 07:31   #4935
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhatshah
I am searching for a good ,less run scorpio for about 5.25 lacs in mumbai. Which year and model will fall into this budget? I have been offered a genuinely 37000 kms run black scorpio for about 5.3 lacs model 2008 dx crde2.6. Is it a good deal? Please advise.
Push a bit and you may get it for 4.8! With the Duster just around the corner, used Safari and Scorpio prices are set up for a fall! Also, I would suggest you look for a 2008 model 2.2 Mhawk engine spec and pay 5.2 even, because it is more efficient overall.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks