Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2012, 11:40   #5476
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhindra View Post
Could it be because of high road taxes in karnataka compared to that of Delhi. I will try and negotiate further to say 5 lacs.

Adding to my confusion, clear visibility of people here beginning to think that i am insane to go for fiats and not helping in processing.
Frankly, I am not very well versed with the difference of tax structures of both the places. All I know is that among UP Haryana and Delhi, Delhi is the most expensive to buy a car in.

About the people hazing your view - my advice is to go for what your heart tells you. Its going to be a car that you will drive and you will live with, not those other people. Other people will always recommend things as per their convenience and not as per your love.

If you really want to own a fiat, go for it. Its not a bad car at all.

Though, the particular car that you are talking of is fitted with aftermarket alloys and tyres. Do check if they have done/not done any damage.
Old 29th August 2012, 11:42   #5477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
BTW... your deal too looks pretty good considering the fact that it is 2008 Magna with a relatively higher reading on the ODO.And here are the details of the car.
First, I thought you hit the jackpot when I read 3.50 Lakhs as resale price for your i10. But, after reading your car details, I reckon Iam the one who hit the jackpot

Mine was a variant lesser ( Magna vs. Sportz) and was almost a year older with double the mileage on it with no extended warranty.
Old 29th August 2012, 12:08   #5478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
OT:

You could go the link below and check for any pending notices against the car. I am not sure how accurately the database is updated though.
QUERY FORM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
thanks, I tried all my cars. It had no record of any offence. I hope its updated regularly. I do not want to buy a used car with offences pending against it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
This form seems to work. None of my curent vehicles have a fine pending. But one of my earlier cars (sold 2 years back) shows a fine for "improper parking".
Hi,

Just a heads up while checking the forum before buying a car, is that, its not updated frequently. Not sure if this is the case in Delhi, but, this is in B'lore.

My friend got a Fiesta 1.6 Sxi on July 25th. When he checked a couple of days back, the car didn't have any fines pending, but a week later a fine popped up for signal breaking done on June 19th.
Old 29th August 2012, 12:14   #5479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hi,

Just a heads up while checking the forum before buying a car, is that, its not updated frequently. Not sure if this is the case in Delhi, but, this is in B'lore.

My friend got a Fiesta 1.6 Sxi on July 25th. When he checked a couple of days back, the car didn't have any fines pending, but a week later a fine popped up for signal breaking done on June 19th.
Is there any other way that we can ensure that the used car we are buying is free of fines?

The last thing you want to do is to bear the fines of its previous owner
Old 29th August 2012, 13:10   #5480
BHPian

How much can i expect for the below car in Bangalore

Make : Hyundai Santro XO (With Alloys)
Year : 2006
ODO : 60,000KMS
Old 29th August 2012, 13:25   #5481
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhindra View Post
Hi Guys,

i am looking forward to buy a used diesel hatch, my budget is 6 lacs and will be through vehicle lease plan provided by my company I love fiats and i have seen one neat punto as per below specifications;
Model: Fiat Punto 1.3MJD Emotion
Year: Nov 2009 ( Electric blue)

Mileage: 33600kms
Fuel Type : Diesel
Extras : HIDs, Evo alloys and yokohama 205/55 tyres.

owner left onsite for 3 years and wants to sell the car.I have managed to negotiate the price to 5.3lacs. Car is neatly maintained without any scratchs or dent and he claims that it was used for only for long drives during weekends and not much in city.

My colleagues are buying/brought ford figo and the base varient on road price is 5.8lacs and I am now confused.

want to know is the price quoted for punto is appropriate for bangalore?
or is it wise to go for new figo instead?
Okay, here's a tip for you:

This car's been advertised for a while - looks like no takers. I've seen this car in the ads (sulekha only) for about a month or so.

Have you driven the car or are you just gawking at the pictures?

If you've driven the car, you should negotiate harder (since he's been trying to sell it for a while). I think the deal can be had. I was about to call the guy today, but seeing you going for it, I backed off.

And wrt the base ford vs this one, please remember that this is the top end emotion variant with air bags. Your base figo doesnt come with it and is a WHOLE LOT uglier (apologies to the figo brotherhood).

Make absolutely sure that you take the car to the best TATA/FIAT *** recommended by one of the FIAT bangalore fans on TBHP here before you pay a penny - and have everything checked out.

All the best!

Last edited by Red Liner : 29th August 2012 at 13:28.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 14:31   #5482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
Frankly, I am not very well versed with the difference of tax structures of both the places. All I know is that among UP Haryana and Delhi, Delhi is the most expensive to buy a car in.

About the people hazing your view - my advice is to go for what your heart tells you. Its going to be a car that you will drive and you will live with, not those other people. Other people will always recommend things as per their convenience and not as per your love.

If you really want to own a fiat, go for it. Its not a bad car at all.

Though, the particular car that you are talking of is fitted with aftermarket alloys and tyres. Do check if they have done/not done any damage.
Thanks Prashant. I have decided to go for this by doing further negotiations, however it depends on the bank evaluators. Not sure what price they would be willing to offer in their quote.

As of alloys , i checked and its as per standard PCD 98. Tyres are fairly ok and can run few more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Okay, here's a tip for you:

This car's been advertised for a while - looks like no takers. I've seen this car in the ads (sulekha only) for about a month or so.

Have you driven the car or are you just gawking at the pictures?

If you've driven the car, you should negotiate harder (since he's been trying to sell it for a while). I think the deal can be had. I was about to call the guy today, but seeing you going for it, I backed off.

And wrt the base ford vs this one, please remember that this is the top end emotion variant with air bags. Your base figo doesnt come with it and is a WHOLE LOT uglier (apologies to the figo brotherhood).

Make absolutely sure that you take the car to the best TATA/FIAT *** recommended by one of the FIAT bangalore fans on TBHP here before you pay a penny - and have everything checked out.

All the best!
Ya, this was from sulekha only and i saw on 24th august. Prior to this i was looking at 2010 Active version for 5 lacs but before i could act, it was sold out. Also, there was one more EP run 71k on odo but left it as it had high mileage.

I checked this one along with my friend who owns punto, had a brief ride and found except for Tyres as shown in pictures and missing logos (punto and emotion), everything else seems fine.
Tyres have around 60% life, logos missing/come off probably while washing.

This one doesn't have airbags. Thanks for your advice, i will wait for quote from bank and negotiate accordingly.

Last edited by Zappo : 29th August 2012 at 18:44. Reason: Use the multiquote button to reply to multiple posts in one go. No back to back posts please.
Old 29th August 2012, 15:55   #5483
BHPian

Would love some pointers on the used car prices for 2011 Skoda Laura L & K CR AT and 2011 Volvo S60 D5 Summum. Both cars are driven around 25K Kms and have been quoted about 16 Lakhs and 24 Lakhs respectively by the sellers .
Would be great to know the prices at which 2011 model Laura L &K and Volvo S60 are sold anywhere in the country .
Old 29th August 2012, 16:00   #5484
BHPian

There's a used 2008 Skoda Laura 1.9 TDI PD Ambient (Manual Transmission) with 75,000 kms run, being sold for 8.95lakhs in Bangalore . It looks really tempting, but I have the following questions

1) Is this a reasonable price for the car given age and mileage?
2) Are there any known problems with this model - like the mechatronic failures on the DSG gearboxes etc.
3) Are Skoda spare-parts available outside the dealership in-case I don't want to service it there?
4) Any reliable independent workshops for Skoda Laura in South Bangalore?
5) How relaible is this car? I plan to use this primarily as a highway mile-muncher, so don't want any problems where I am stuck on a lonely highway with the family
5) Is this a turbo-charged diesel? I am confused with the PD (Pump Deuse) terminolgy? Is a PD engine not turbo-charged? Finally, can I put a tuning box like RaceDynamics DieselTronics on it?
6) What can I expect in terms of highway mileage if I drive at about 140kph (golden quadrilateral roads)?
Old 29th August 2012, 17:03   #5485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew View Post
There's a used 2008 Skoda Laura 1.9 TDI PD Ambient (Manual Transmission) with 75,000 kms run, being sold for 8.95lakhs in Bangalore . It looks really tempting, but I have the following questions

1) Is this a reasonable price for the car given age and mileage?

A similar one in excellent condition would sell for around 7-7.25L in NCR so if the mileage is genuine then you should pay a max of 8.25L.

75k kms is also a time for timing belt change. So check if that has been done. Cost of change is around 15k. Check condition of tyres and insurance (if needing replacement/renewal each would cost at least 20k).

Also check clutch and suspension condition while TDing. Clutch+DMF will set you back by at least 30k (not A** price - at A** it will cost twice as much).

2) Are there any known problems with this model - like the mechatronic failures on the DSG gearboxes etc.

Not that I know of.

3) Are Skoda spare-parts available outside the dealership in-case I don't want to service it there?

They are absolutely available outside dealership. If not in India then you can even import parts from Europe.

4) Any reliable independent workshops for Skoda Laura in South Bangalore?

Don't know about that.

5) How relaible is this car? I plan to use this primarily as a highway mile-muncher, so don't want any problems where I am stuck on a lonely highway with the family

It is as reliable as any other European sedan. Which means it has OK (and not stellar) reliability. If reliability is your number one priority then you should stay away from this car (as well as other used European sedans).

5) Is this a turbo-charged diesel? I am confused with the PD (Pump Deuse) terminolgy? Is a PD engine not turbo-charged? Finally, can I put a tuning box like RaceDynamics DieselTronics on it?

It is turbo charged. AFAIK Pump Deuse is a different injection technology. The engine is still 1.9 TDI with a VNT turbo. No issues with installing a tuning box (RD or otherwise).

6) What can I expect in terms of highway mileage if I drive at about 140kph (golden quadrilateral roads)?

Expect around 12-13kmpl with AC. If you drive it around 90-100 then around 15-16kmpl.
Please see my responses (in italics) against your questions. I think the car in question is also advertised in our classifieds (white colour?). If it is indeed that car then you should pay no more than 7.75L (as it is a second owner TN registered car).

Last edited by Cesc : 29th August 2012 at 17:11.
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 17:28   #5486
Distinguished - BHPian

Car: Honda Jazz
Kms: 15,xxx
Year: 2009, Select Variant
Extras: None
Warranty: 1 final year of the extended warranty upto 2013 available with Honda
Insurance: Upto 2013

No visible dings or scratches - if any - they've been cleverly wiped out by the dealer. Car's 15k service done at Honda apparently. Manufacturing date of the tyres check out with the year of registration. Yet to authenticate everything with the insurance folks and the Honda dealership.

That said, what should my best offer be?

PS: Car looked a bit abused on the inside inspire of having run "only" 15k. I noticed that the AC Dial looked a little worn. Or maybe a very shoddy cleaning job by the dealers.

Last edited by Red Liner : 29th August 2012 at 17:50.
Old 29th August 2012, 17:53   #5487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Car: Honda Jazz

That said, what should my best offer be?
OTR price of Select variant is 6.6 in Delhi, so would be a bit more in Bangalore.

Jazzes are relatively rare in the used car market and get snapped up soon. However, its a petrol after all. and the newer one has got seat height adjustment etc, though I think thats in the top variant only.

I would ask them to quote first. please check service records to ensure mileage is correct.
4.5 L seems ok, but then Bangalore used market is also a bit hyped due to high new car prices
Old 29th August 2012, 17:57   #5488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
OTR price of Select variant is 6.6 in Delhi, so would be a bit more in Bangalore.

Jazzes are relatively rare in the used car market and get snapped up soon. However, its a petrol after all. and the newer one has got seat height adjustment etc, though I think thats in the top variant only.

I would ask them to quote first. please check service records to ensure mileage is correct.
4.5 L seems ok, but then Bangalore used market is also a bit hyped due to high new car prices
The guy's asking 5.65 in all. I offered exactly 4.5L (and I think a max of 4.75L would be it) when I was there (so thankfully I wasn't completely out of marbles as the dealer made me out to see). Think I'll give this a miss then.

Plus, I dont think the select was even a variant in 2009...wasn't it active, mode, and some other thingamajig?

Once the petrol prices rise by 3 bucks next month...we're gonna have a paartaaay in the used car market.
Old 29th August 2012, 18:21   #5489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Make : Hyundai Santro XO (With Alloys)
Year : 2006
ODO : 60,000KMS
Hello CRV2010,

You can expect approx Rs. 185000 to Rs. 2,00,000 for your Car. Provided it is well maintained.

Used Car Dealers may not offer you more than Rs. 1,60,000

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 18:30   #5490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The guy's asking 5.65 in all. I offered exactly 4.5L (and I think a max of 4.75L would be it) when I was there (so thankfully I wasn't completely out of marbles as the dealer made me out to see). Think I'll give this a miss then.
let me tell you something. I bought a 2 year old Jazz last year (2009 make, Mode variant) for 5.25L in Pune. Only difference was it had run 25K kms. do note that the price was not even reduced then, it was 7.4L OTR for that variant. and petrol was only around 60 bucks.

after that the price has been reduced to around 6.6L, so in Pune I would not pay more than 4.5L. I wonder which bubble that guy is living in. Or maybe the dealer is paying him 5L and pocketing the rest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks