Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2012, 13:44   #5761
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
If your Xeta is running well why do you need to change? However if you do intend to buy a sedan 2008 SX4 sounds a good deal at 4 lakhs. How much has the car done?

Your daily running & once a month trip doesn't warrant a diesel. If fuel economy is your priority can consider CNGing the SX4.
SX4 has done 48k and is well maintained with all records of servicing available. And the reason i'm tempted to change the car was the test drive with SX4 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Krishnavamshi,

Firstly, your Indica Xeta will fetch very low resale value. Now your running is less than 1000 kms per month & if your Xeta is running fine then why upgrade to a Petrol Sedan (SX4 Zxi) which will give mileage in single figures (less than 10) in city.

Also going for a Rs. 8 lacs Diesel does not make sense because the monetary outflow on account of interest cost & depreciation cost does not justify for usage of less than 1000 kms per month.

Still if you are you are looking for a upgrade from Indica to sedan then I will suggest you go for your office SX4 which you know is well maintianed & then install CNG Kit in this Car. This will ensure that your per km running cost is less than Rs. 2 & also there is decent boot space left.

Thanks,
About the resale yes I did check out the market and resale value is really shocking given the fact that there are some santro's which go for 2.3+ and are not as smooth nor as roomy as my car. And coming to the mileage part my xeta also returns a very low avg of 11km in city. SX4 top end model at that price seemed a great deal.
Old 3rd October 2012, 14:06   #5762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnavamshi24 View Post
About the resale yes I did check out the market and resale value is really shocking And coming to the mileage part my xeta also returns a very low avg of 11km in city. SX4 top end model at that price seemed a great deal.
Hello Krishnavamshi,

Yes resale value of Tata Cars in general is very low, no matter how good is the condition of the car.

Coming to your SX4, as you are sure of the maintenance records, you can go for it. It would be no point in spending Rs. 4 lacs extra (Rs. 8 lacs) for a Diesel Dzire. SX4 is no doubt a very well built Car & the boot size is very huge. Add to the fact that the said SX4 is Zxi (top end model).

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 14:17   #5763
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh

Hello Krishnavamshi,

Yes resale valu----------------SNIP ------------------- is no doubt a very well built Car & the boot size is very huge. Add to the fact that the said SX4 is Zxi (top end model).

Thanks,
Yeah, plus, they are quite friendly with alternative fuels, just in case he jinxes his low daily running and has to commute more all of a sudden.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 14:22   #5764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
After a 2006 Octy VRS with 87k on the odo. Single owner, silver color with asking price of 2.75l. Going to check it out today evening or tomorrow. Any thoughts?
For people looking for pointers on Octy VRS - bought the above car for 2.25L.
Cesc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 17:32   #5765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnavamshi24 View Post

About the resale yes I did check out the market and resale value is really shocking given the fact that there are some santro's which go for 2.3+ and are not as smooth nor as roomy as my car. And coming to the mileage part my xeta also returns a very low avg of 11km in city. SX4 top end model at that price seemed a great deal.

Can you please let me know what resale value has been quoted in the market. I am currently owning 2008 Xeta with 35K on the Odo. I am also looking to sell it and go for a diesel hatch.
Old 3rd October 2012, 18:59   #5766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
For people looking for pointers on Octy VRS - bought the above car for 2.25L.
Cesc ,

Kudos . That was a great price to pick VRS , I guess this is the best any BHpian has picked VRS at .
Pictures and a thread pls , I came very close to picking one a month back , but no where near the price you picked .
Rovergen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 19:25   #5767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovergen View Post
Cesc ,

Kudos . That was a great price to pick VRS , I guess this is the best any BHpian has picked VRS at .
Pictures and a thread pls , I came very close to picking one a month back , but no where near the price you picked .
Thanks! This was a pretty clean car. Full service history and no accidents. A few scratches, a medium size dent and a repainted wheel arch was the only negative. It has insurance valid till June'13, new rear tyres, complete front and rear suspension overhaul from Skoda A** and a month old Exide battery. Timing belt was also changed along with tensioners a year ago. Even the brake pads and rotors were new. Drove perfectly. I took it to the expressway and did a couple of quick runs. Acceleration, power delivery, braking, cruise controls - everything was in fine shape. The guy had got the car valued by Mahindra and two more reputed used car dealers. Max valuation he received was for 2.1L. I handed over 2.25L and the deal was done in less than 2 minutes. The seller wanted to sell quickly and I wanted to buy quickly .

Thread will come up in a couple of weeks. Actually we will get the puja done during Navratras and I will 'own' and drive it from then on (It has been garaged since I bought it). But it will come up for sure. I will post a couple of pics on this thread soon though.

I am going from diesel to petrol here - given the current state of fuel prices some may call this change crazy.

Bangalore used car prices are a bit funny so one would expect significantly higher prices. Even here I feel that any dealer would have sold the car for around 2.75L. So - good piece of business in the end.

Last edited by Cesc : 3rd October 2012 at 19:29.
Old 4th October 2012, 11:14   #5768

Need your advice,

Colleague selling Ford Fiesta Classic 1.4TDi CLXi, 13000 kms run, Dec 2011 model, color Diamond White, owner claims that body and car condition is excellent.

Owner has not quoted price but asked for a quote from prospective buyer

Have not yet seen the car.

1. Is Ford Fiesta a reliable car? Maintenance costs ??
2. What should be a fair price? Car is registered in Navi Mumbai
3. My monthly run is 1000 kms. Is diesel worth it?

I have booked a Honda Brio and am evaluating if I should switch to this.

Pls suggest
Old 4th October 2012, 14:58   #5769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
Can you please let me know what resale value has been quoted in the market. I am currently owning 2008 Xeta with 35K on the Odo. I am also looking to sell it and go for a diesel hatch.
You can expect max 1.5 to 1.6 nothing more..
krishnavamshi24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 15:09   #5770
BHPian

My Friend has a Swift AZure Grey, 2009 VXI ABS Model driven around 16,000 kms, and its in pristine condition.

he has gone for an Onsite(short term) and now it has became a long term for 3 yrs so now he is looking to sale his car.

what is the price he can expect(vehicle is in Bangalore)
Old 4th October 2012, 15:09   #5771
Senior - BHPian

My BIL's Fabia (diesel, top-end model) was bought in Feb 2011, done nearly 44K, with reasonably new tires (~5K old), seat covers and parking sensors. The car was sold for Rs.5.5L. Did we get a good price?
Old 4th October 2012, 15:39   #5772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCars View Post
Colleague selling Ford Fiesta Classic 1.4TDi CLXi, 13000 kms run, Dec 2011 model, color Diamond White, owner claims that body and car condition is excellent.
3. My monthly run is 1000 kms. Is diesel worth it?
I have booked a Honda Brio and am evaluating if I should switch to this.
Hello iCars,

Other than Petrol & Diesel comparision, Ford Fiesta is a full size Car & you will always have advantage of large boot, which you will always miss in small hatchback like Brio.

Also at monthly usage of 1000 kms you will feel the pinch if you are running Petrol Car. Now coming to your question if you are getting Dec 2011 Ford Fiesta Classic for around Rs. 5.5 to Rs. 5.75 lacs then I will suggest you to go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
My Friend has a Swift AZure Grey, 2009 VXI ABS Model driven around 16,000 kms, and its in pristine condition.
Hello Speedy_Racer,
For 2009 Swift Vxi you can expect something around Rs. 3.5 lacs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
My BIL's Fabia (diesel, top-end model) was bought in Feb 2011, done nearly 44K, with reasonably new tires (~5K old), seat covers and parking sensors. The car was sold for Rs.5.5L. Did we get a good price?
Hello StarrySky,

Yes. Rs. 5.5 lacs for a top-end diesel Fabia that has already done 44,000 kms in 1.5 years is indeed a good deal.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 16:38   #5773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello iCars,

Other than Petrol & Diesel comparision, Ford Fiesta is a full size Car & you will always have advantage of large boot, which you will always miss in small hatchback like Brio.

Also at monthly usage of 1000 kms you will feel the pinch if you are running Petrol Car. Now coming to your question if you are getting Dec 2011 Ford Fiesta Classic for around Rs. 5.5 to Rs. 5.75 lacs then I will suggest you to go for it.
Thanks Jignesh,
We are thinking twice about the option of a used car since our experience with a Santro was not good (engine issue at 62K kms). Also, wanted to check with BHPians about reliability of Ford Fiesta?
iCars
Old 4th October 2012, 17:05   #5774
BHPian

How much will a max 3 yr old Tata Safari cost in New Delhi/NCR? Is it worth going for a used Tata Safari considering the Tata quality and after sales?
Old 4th October 2012, 17:30   #5775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCars View Post
We are thinking twice about the option of a used car since our experience with a Santro was not good (engine issue at 62K kms). Also, wanted to check with BHPians about reliability of Ford Fiesta?
iCars
Your concern is genuine. But the Car in question is less than one year old & has just done 13000 kms. Also as the seller is your colleague so you will definitely know of maintenance & known problems in this Car.

Ford Fiesta are relatively cheaper to maintian & there are no reported issues with the car. Also when compared to Brio, there are couple of advantages, first being Petrol & Diesel & other being size of the Car (hatchback v/s sedan). There are couple of Ford Fiesta reivews available in T-BHP, you can refer to those.

Thanks,

Last edited by Jignesh : 4th October 2012 at 17:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks