Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2012, 10:41   #5806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCars

New development. I had a look at the car and TD it. I have made an offer for 6 lacs and owner has said he will think and revert by tomorrow.

Now, million dollar question.

Ford Fiesta Classic 1.4 CLXi TDCi Diesel, 15000 kms run, Dec 2011 model, White color, Extended Warranty for Yr 3 on sale by company colleague.

1. Is it worth a buy at 6 lacs?
2. How does this deal pit against new Chevy Beat diesel at 6 lacs?

Banking on you guys. I need to take a call by tomorrow.

iCars
6 lacs is a very good price, try to get the deal for 5.75 L. One of my friend has got a 2009 Fiesta sxi with 37k kms for 5.5 L.
mTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 12:55   #5807

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishchugh View Post
I own a 5 month old Chevy Beat D and have friends with Fiestas. To me its a question of where you drive your car (mainly city or inclined/off roads) and how much you need the boot?
Mainly city driving. Boot will be required for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Does the Fiesta variant has ABS, If so then you can buy it without any issues.
Fiesta does not have ABS and Beat with ABS is out of my budget. Am apprehensive on used car hence thinking twice about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello iCars,

That is indeed a million dollar question. Now, what is your need? Do you need a hassle free city car for daily commute or you are also going to undertake outstation trips?

Because the million dollar difference between two cars is boot space. I drive a hatchback & truly understand the need for large boot.
Thanks for your detailed viewpoint, Jignesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post
6 lacs is a very good price, try to get the deal for 5.75 L. One of my friend has got a 2009 Fiesta sxi with 37k kms for 5.5 L.
Did your friend get a diesel?

iCars

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th October 2012 at 02:54. Reason: Please quote selectively as it would help our mobile readers, thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 16:16   #5808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCars View Post
Mainly city driving. Boot will be required for sure.
Fiesta does not have ABS and Beat with ABS is out of my budget. Am apprehensive on used car hence thinking twice about it.
If boot is a requirement, then you can forget Beat. If used car is not your choice, then Beat. Beat with ABS in Mumbai costs 6L about the same price as the used Fiesta offer which you had.
Old 9th October 2012, 18:58   #5809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCars View Post

Did your friend get a diesel?

iCars
Yes, that was a diesel Fiesta SXI.
Old 10th October 2012, 14:45   #5810
BHPian

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

A few days back I was at BMW showroom in Delhi to inquire about new 3 series. I casually asked if they had any pre-owned cars in good condition and the guy told me about a 530i which was 4.5 years old with 20K KM in odo. I was hoping he will ask for something which will be totally out of my budget but I further asked about the details.

1) It is top end 530i with Sunroof and other gizmos. 6 speed auto transmission.
2) apart from minor scratches, it is in very good shape.
3) Interiors are clean and nicely maintained.
4) 20K done, service history available and no accident history.
5) The original owner bought a new 3 series.

He was asking for 20L but I have a feeling that there is further scope of negotiation. I was too tempted to buy it right at the spot but I always believe if something is too good to be true, it is probably not.

This leaves me wondering -

1) If the prices of petrol BMWs are this less or there is some loophole into it. Like it has gone through some accident or has some other problem which the guy was hiding.

2) I don't mind petrol at all but is there anything else I should be worried about?

3) what can I do to make sure it is a fair deal and there is no hidden surprises for me.

4) Why would someone sale a car in such good condition for this less? if they are offering it for 20L (and he was willing to negotiate) they must have bought it for too less!

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 18:16   #5811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheepgupta View Post
Like it has gone through some accident or has some other problem which the guy was hiding. Why would someone sale a car in such good condition for this less?
Hello Mandeep,

Though I cannot comment on Price of highend used car like BMW, but below are my comments based on my experience:

1. Regarding accident - if the No-Claim Bonus is available on existing Insurance policy of the Car, it means there is no accident history of this Car. Because accidental repairs for a Car like BMW are very costly & only done at Authorized service centers, by claiming Insurance amount.

2. Why would someone sale a car in such good condition for this less - Please note that the Car is already 4.5 years old & if a person could buy a car like BMW sometime in 2008, today he will definitely be in a position to buy a even costly Car (which he has already done by upgrading to 3 series). Also the resale value of high end petrol cars is currently at lowest possible levels.

Thanks,
Old 10th October 2012, 19:11   #5812
BHPian

How much can I expect for September 2010 model Honda City (SMT) ?
The car's in excellent condition with only abt 7500kms and absolutely no dings or scratches.
Old 10th October 2012, 19:32   #5813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheepgupta View Post
4) Why would someone sale a car in such good condition for this less? if they are offering it for 20L (and he was willing to negotiate) they must have bought it for too less!
Thanks
You will see 5000 km or sometimes even less done S classes, 7 series and A8s in the market. Same for 5, E, 6 and most luxo barges.

Also 4 year old 530i @ 20 lakhs is not not cheap. There are 4 year old 325i (328i/330i) for around 12-14 lakhs in Mumbai. So 530i @ sub 20 lakhs is a fair deal and not a bargain deal.

Do note that last gen 330i were eventually sold for 31-34 lakhs OTR Mumbai in a stock clearance sale.

You may want to ask for discounts on the F10 530i. You will be surprised by the discount numbers.
Petrols depreciate the best today and make most sense in a used buy if your running is sub 10000 km today.
Old 10th October 2012, 20:13   #5814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
How much can I expect for September 2010 model Honda City (SMT) ?The car's in excellent condition with only abt 7500kms and absolutely no dings or scratches.
Carwale valuations come around to Rs 5.6L from dealer and 6.2L from individual if the car is in excellent condition. Pls find below the same.

Condition Dealer Individual
Fair Rs.4,71,000 Rs.5,45,500
Good Rs.5,68,250 Rs.6,20,400
Excellent Rs.6,05,250 Rs.6,42,500
Old 10th October 2012, 20:26   #5815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheepgupta
Moving from a top-spec 5 to a new 3 is sort of a downgrade, isn't it?
And the owner is unlikely to have sold it due to high running costs as the car does fewer than 5000 km in a year.
One thing I would be wary of when buying this car, is the possibility that it might have been sold because of a crucial part failure that was diagnosed after the warranty expired.
Try to contact the original owner and find out his reason for selling, if he's willing to tell you.
Old 10th October 2012, 21:25   #5816
BHPian

I am planning to buy a used Manza Elan.

Request kindly clarify few doubts regarding Manza Elan.
(a) Manza elan was launched in only one color ?
(b) After the launch, any new colors have come ? when ?
(c) Having TDi and Quadrajet variants ?
(d) Petrol and Diesel variants ?
(e) Any variant having Driver and passenger airbags ?
(f) ABS ?

What is the market price for a used manza elan ?
Old 10th October 2012, 21:59   #5817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Carwale valuations come around to Rs 5.6L from dealer and 6.2L from individual if the car is in excellent condition. Pls find below the same.

Condition Dealer Individual
Fair Rs.4,71,000 Rs.5,45,500
Good Rs.5,68,250 Rs.6,20,400
Excellent Rs.6,05,250 Rs.6,42,500
Does carwale's quote mirror the actual going rate in current market conditions or its just a ball-park figure ?
Old 10th October 2012, 23:07   #5818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
How much can I expect for September 2010 model Honda City (SMT) ?
The car's in excellent condition with only abt 7500kms and absolutely no dings or scratches.
Hello,

You can expect approx Rs. 6 lacs for your car, if you could find a direct buyer.
Used Car Dealers may not offer you more than Rs. 5 to Rs. 5.25 lacs for your Car.

But why are you selling your car? If daily petrol bills are a concern then have you thought of installing CNG kit in your Car?

Also Carwale or any other valuation can just give you indication of market prices. Expect 10% plus or minus from Carwale valuations.

Thanks,

Last edited by Jignesh : 10th October 2012 at 23:10. Reason: Information added
Old 10th October 2012, 23:16   #5819
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Any idea what I should pay for this? Will be going for a test drive on Saturday:
  • Fiat Palio Stile SDX 1.3
  • done 58209 KM
  • one owner
  • Mumbai registered
  • comprehensive insurance, no claims done in the past
  • The asking price is INR 290,000

Frankly I think it is overpriced but I am really interested in the car, the test drive shall reveal a lot more I guess. I would appreciate all the advice I can get.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th October 2012, 23:46   #5820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
But why are you selling your car?
The daily bills dont bother me much because my runs are limited/short. I'm relocating to foreign country on account of work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks