Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2012, 21:30   #5836
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
Well, do send me the old guy's number! He seems to be offering a good deal on a Jazz [probably worth risking a hockey stick beating even!]
That guy's asking for 7L!!! Because he was so "lucky" to have bought just before the price cut by Honda.

Would rather buy a new one. Hell, just buy a new top end figo diesel. And add a tuning box.

You'll have hell trying to sell a second owner Jazz - that's for sure.
Old 12th October 2012, 21:49   #5837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Mitusbishi Cedia Sports
Make - Dec 2006
Run - 76500
Owner - Single
Asking price - 3.5 Lakh

Car is in scratch less condition, the dealer & owner are fine to get the internals checked in a service center.

How good is the price ?
Would suggest setting a target of 2.9 - 3.2 lacs for this car since it sounds to be in good condition, I remember a friend check one out with an offer of 2.85 in the beginning of the year.. but it needed a paint job and new tires.
Old 12th October 2012, 23:28   #5838
BHPian

Re: Oct 2011 Jazz Select - Bangalore - Good quote?

Quote:
Folks, please let me know your thoughts on the below -
Honda Jazz Select
Oct 2011 model
8000 on the odo
Extended warranty (4 years remain) + Honda Assure zero dep policy till Oct 2013
Bangalore registered.
Car is in decent condition
Owner is selling since he is relocating overseas very shortly.

The owner is asking for Rs 6.4L. I know this is excessive..what price should I reasonably target to buy the car?

Carwale indicates Rs 5.2L which seems to be too low. I have never come across listings at that level.

Btw, for some reason used Jazz cars sell for some outrageous prices in the Bangalore market. Could it be the high OTR price of new cars? (A new Jazz Select is nearly Rs 7.6L OTR)
Jazz is still holding the value well. My 2009 June Jazz done 17500 kms was offered nearly 4.75 lakhs. I think, even at such high prices, Jazz is worth buying if it is a well maintained neat piece.
Old 13th October 2012, 05:43   #5839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner

You'll have hell trying to sell a second owner Jazz - that's for sure.
Why do you say that? Is it the market's antipetrol bias or the fact that jazz has ever sold only in small volumes? I do believe that servicing costs will rise once the jazz is discontinued (imminent IMO)

Also, what do you think is a fair price for a one year old jazz in Blore ?

Last edited by qaqa : 13th October 2012 at 05:47.
Old 13th October 2012, 06:53   #5840
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why do you say that? Is it the market's antipetrol bias or the fact that jazz has ever sold only in small volumes? I do believe that servicing costs will rise once the jazz is discontinued (imminent IMO)

I would pay 5 tops for a one year old jazz inclusive of the extended warranty.
Old 13th October 2012, 08:16   #5841
Distinguished - BHPian

Let me summarize why I dropped the Jazz and bought a Polo TDI:

Petrol only
Not a class leader in ride comfort
Uncertain future support from Honda. Hell, even now, they treat it like the country cousin no one likes at home :-)
Completely end of life. Will suffer a Civic fate when the global supply of kits taper off
Will be totally eclipsed by the 2013 Jazz, both petrol and diesel
Perceived future high cost of maintenance
Relatively tiny owner base translating into even smaller urban potential second owner target base
Lack of AMC packages from Honda

What I miss now :-(
Amazing versatility
Exclusive looks, cachet
Safety features!

In summary, if you can knock down the price, then grab it. If not, buy a new vehicle!
Old 13th October 2012, 09:33   #5842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh

Hello Qaqa,

Are you really willing shell out Rs. 6 lacs for a one year old Car? Instead why not go for a new Jazz for approx Rs. 7.5?

I feel Rs. 6 lacs is way too high for a one year old Jazz. Also why not think of new Maruti Swift Dzire Vxi for approx Rs. 6.5 lacs?.

Thanks,
My main requirement is a "safe" car with abs and airbags. Premium positioning would be very nice as well. Given this, I'm forced to look only at top end variants.. Other than Honda, no one else offers this safety kit in the lower variants. These top variants unfortunately are severely overpriced in general.
Old 13th October 2012, 10:30   #5843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
How much should I pay for a Ford Fusion 1.6P 2007 model in Bangalore? Single owner, ~60K kms done. Looks like good condition from photos, yet to see the car. What is a good price to start with?

I am looking to sell my single owner 2006 Fusion too. Please let me know if you plan to buy .... ofc car is based in Pune. I have put up snaps in the bhp classifieds also.

Uday
Old 13th October 2012, 15:41   #5844
BHPian

Quote:
My main requirement is a "safe" car with abs and airbags. Premium positioning would be very nice as well. Given this, I'm forced to look only at top end variants.. Other than Honda, no one else offers this safety kit in the lower variants. These top variants unfortunately are severely overpriced in general.
I would suggest you to look at Nissan Sunny Petrol. Cost effective car with ABS and Airbags even on the base model.
sam_boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 18:56   #5845
Senior - BHPian

Any input on the below would be appreciated.

Selling a March 2010 petrol ritz which has done about 25,000 Kms. No accidents ever , NCB as per slab available on the car.

Delhi registration , top end model , the ZXI with ABS

First owner.

One dealer offered me 215,000 which i rejected straight out because its simply too low , i am hoping to get 2.75-2.80 atleast and was wondering if this is a reasonable expectation.

Car in good to excellent condition.
Old 13th October 2012, 20:53   #5846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu Srinivasa View Post
" Folks, please let me know your thoughts on the below -
Honda Jazz Select
Oct 2011 model
8000 on the odo
Extended warranty (4 years remain) + Honda Assure zero dep policy till Oct 2013
Bangalore registered.
Car is in decent condition
Owner is selling since he is relocating overseas very shortly.

The owner is asking for Rs 6.4L. I know this is excessive..what price should I reasonably target to buy the car? "

Hah!
I was speaking to the same gentlemen and as you say they are quite firm on the price due to variety of reasons. Jazz On road price has also appreciated due to excise and Honda's issues with its Thai plant from around 7.3 (2011) to 7.7
I always felt that 6.0 Lakhs Max should cut it especially since I saw a 2010 Corolla Altis going for 6.7 Lakhs!
For a premium buyer like yourself, there are way too many Corolla Altis's, i20's out there for ridiculous prices which make you baulk at this asking price.

Moral of the story:These days if you buy a petrol car, be prepared to hang on to it for quite a while

Raghu
Quote:

No way. Its just that people in Bangalore (not said in an offensive way) have a peculiar way of dealing in the second hand market. More often than not, most of the sellars are completely out of sync with the market realities. The shocker is, some of them actually are able to make such ridiculous sales

I stayed in Bangalore for a few years before coming back to Delhi, thus know the dynamics there. In Delhi, this piece wouldn't fetch more than 4-4.25 max. And rightly so; for 6.5, you can get a new one.

And anybody who quotes a high price with a reasoning that the high price is due to the high purchase cost (in case of a pre- price slash car), is simply taking trash!The fact that he was simply unlucky to have bought the car before the price hike, is well, his luck. It has no bearing on the resell price.

Anyway, even going by the general outlandish prices in the second hand Bangalore market, i wouldn't recommend paying 1 rupee more than 5 lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Any input on the below would be appreciated.

Selling a March 2010 petrol ritz which has done about 25,000 Kms. No accidents ever , NCB as per slab available on the car.

Delhi registration , top end model , the ZXI with ABS

First owner.

One dealer offered me 215,000 which i rejected straight out because its simply too low , i am hoping to get 2.75-2.80 atleast and was wondering if this is a reasonable expectation.

Car in good to excellent condition.
Yes, I think its a reasonable expectation. The dealers usually quote abysmally low prices for most of the cars. Try selling it yourself.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 13th October 2012 at 21:02.
Old 14th October 2012, 19:41   #5847
BHPian

How much can I realistically expect for my 2004 Feb Santro XP run 125,000 kms? Its in average condition.
Last november, hyundai evaluated it for 1.25 lakhs for exchange. But that was almost 1 year back before the resale values of petrol cars took a beating.
Old 14th October 2012, 20:00   #5848
BHPian

My friend wants to sell his fiesta diesel 42000 km done. 2010 model. What's the realistic price one can pay for it. Have seen the car in close quarters. He has maintained well.
Old 15th October 2012, 01:35   #5849

Hi guys, what would be the fair price for bmw 320d highline done 38000kms of december 2008 and registered in jan 2009?the car is delhi registered.the exteriors have minor scratches at two places but otherwise car is in very good condition.
Also there is an audi A6 3 litre diesel done 42000kms of 2007.the dealer is quoting 19 lacs.what would be the fair price for this in delhi?
Which of the two would be the better choice?
Any help much appreciated guys.
Old 15th October 2012, 11:50   #5850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
How much can I realistically expect for my 2004 Feb Santro XP run 125,000 kms? Its in average condition.Last november, hyundai evaluated it for 1.25 lakhs for exchange.
Hello Promit,

Hyundai evaluation for exchange will always on lower side.
Anyways comsidering the current Petrol price hikes & odo reading of 1,25,000, you can expect something around Rs. 1,00,000 for your Car. Anything more than that will be a bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viana View Post
My friend wants to sell his fiesta diesel 42000 km done. 2010 model. What's the realistic price one can pay for it. Have seen the car in close quarters. He has maintained well.
Hello Viana,

If you are sure that the Car is well maintained, then you can offer approx Rs. 5 lacs for the Car.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks