Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2012, 09:34   #6001
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
Hi Guys,

Planning to sell my 2008 Indica Xeta 1.2GLG with 35K on the ODO in Chennai.
Please let me know a realistic price.
Regards
Marlon
I guess a price quote of about 1.75 Lakhs would be a good point to start off with. Over time i believe you would be able to gauge the kind of interest that is being shown in your vehicle accordingly a price variation of +/- 25K would be a realistic price.

So i guess a price band of 1.5 Lakhs -2 Lakhs is a fair price for your vehicle, which end of the band you end up is pure luck !!

Good luck mate !!
Prodigyy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 10:27   #6002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh
Guys what should I expect to pay for Toyota corolla in Chandigarh /new delhi.?

2006,2007,2008 models.
Around 50k done.

!?
Thanks in advance!
Any insights? .............
Old 12th November 2012, 12:44   #6003
Senior - BHPian

Ahoy mateys! :P I need some advice: I plan on buying a used car. Not immediately as I have just got a brand new car this month but hopefully within the next 6 months. I am taking a gap year currently and will be moving away to college sometime in August next year so you might wonder why...well I am a huge car buff infact I am focused on automobile design but I also love tinkering around and learning about the workings of a car. Perhaps whenever I come to town in my holidays I might spend time with the car. So I did shortlist a few cars and the two closest blends of modern (so I can use it in the real world) and still experiment-able were the Honda Civic and the Mitsubishi Cedia and I have sort of developed a soft spot for the Cedia especially something in red. Could you guys help me figure out how much I should expect to pay for a Cedia in good nick? Perhaps even be so generous as to give me a list of prices depending on the year and miles done I would imagine I ought to focus on buying one that has done fewer miles than focus on which year since there was never any major update to it right? Your help would be much appreciated people.
Old 12th November 2012, 15:38   #6004
BHPian

Hey guys regarding the 2012 Ritz model i spoke to the owner and he has come down to 4.40L as his last and final price! I have offered him my final price of 4.10L as insurance expires in the next 3 months which would cost another 10-12k. I checked with showroom prices of Ritz in chennai and for the Vxi variant it cost 5.25 OTR after discounts. Doesn't look like he would come down further on the price.

Last edited by zwift1819 : 12th November 2012 at 15:40.
Old 12th November 2012, 16:24   #6005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819
Hey guys regarding the 2012 Ritz model i spoke to the owner and he has come down to 4.40L as his last and final price! I have offered him my final price of 4.10L as insurance expires in the next 3 months which would cost another 10-12k. I checked with showroom prices of Ritz in chennai and for the Vxi variant it cost 5.25 OTR after discounts. Doesn't look like he would come down further on the price.
Just curious, why is the owner selling the car in less than a year after running couple of thousand km only?

Cars depreciate greatest in first year. Owner also knows it well. Just see if you can use above query to squeeze some more discount
Old 12th November 2012, 17:02   #6006
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819
If you like the car, get a bumper to bumper insurance quote from Maruti dealer & request the owner to discount that amount too. You may need to take time & convince him if you need the car badly. So expecting that insurance renewal is going to be 15K, tell him that he may give that discount too.

Start the conversation as "the owners pricing looks reasonable & you are ready to pay it....". And slowly bring in the insurance & tell him that will be a sudden burden as soon as you buy the car, so please discount that amount. Please make sure to carry the actual quote from the dealership to show the owner that you are NOT bluffing.
Old 12th November 2012, 18:04   #6007
BHPian

I'm planning to sell off my 2008 SX4 ZXi(pre-refresh) sometime soon.The car has been well maintained,original clutch with 90k+ on the ODO.The tyres will have to be replaced though!!What would be a fair price to sell??
Old 12th November 2012, 18:26   #6008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
I'm planning to sell off my 2008 SX4 ZXi(pre-refresh) sometime soon.The car has been well maintained,original clutch with 90k+ on the ODO.The tyres will have to be replaced though!!What would be a fair price to sell??
Hello Kini,
90k's is quite some miles you have put up since 2008. Since SX4 was never a popular model, it does not command good resale values. Qoute a price of around 3.5L & if you can sell for about 3.0L it would be a good deal.
Hope this helps
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 18:30   #6009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Kini,
90k's is quite some miles you have put up since 2008. Since SX4 was never a popular model, it does not command good resale values. Qoute a price of around 3.5L & if you can sell for about 3.0L it would be a good deal.
Hope this helps
Varun
I am hoping to get 3.5L atleast!!
How much can I expect if I sell it off to a dealer??
Old 12th November 2012, 20:59   #6010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

If you like the car, get a bumper to bumper insurance quote from Maruti dealer & request the owner to discount that amount too. You may need to take time & convince him if you need the car badly. So expecting that insurance renewal is going to be 15K, tell him that he may give that discount too.

Start the conversation as "the owners pricing looks reasonable & you are ready to pay it....". And slowly bring in the insurance & tell him that will be a sudden burden as soon as you buy the car, so please discount that amount. Please make sure to carry the actual quote from the dealership to show the owner that you are NOT bluffing.
Well the deal almost seems to have faded. I made a friend call him up and this time he demanded 4.80L. When he last spoke to me 2 days back his price was 4.40L! Even at this price it's like knocking 90k off the price of a brand new car and this car has clocked only 3k kms. He is working in a government organization where he has for himself a chauffeur driven car and bought this car for his wife and son. When spoke about the insurance he was not bothered and said that he rather keep the car than sell it for a less price. So I walked away politely saying "thank you".
Even if I get the car at 4.30L am afraid the car would depreciate heavily due to 2nd owner tag and it being a petrol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI

Hi Kini
Just for your info my aunt sold her 2008 SX4 clocked 46k kms chennai registered car here for 2.70L about a month back.The car was in good condition except for some minor scratches and a shabby rear left door paint job carried out in a local garage. Overall mechanically the car was in excellent condition. This price was achieved after a long wait and still it went only to a dealer!

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.

Last edited by n_aditya : 14th November 2012 at 11:24. Reason: Merged posts
Old 12th November 2012, 21:28   #6011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Kini, On the contrary, try selling the car to an individual. Your chance's of getting better quotes is higher. Dealers are known to give very low resale values.
Regards
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 21:42   #6012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
Hi Kini
Just for your info my aunt sold her 2008 SX4 clocked 46k kms chennai registered car here for 2.70L about a month back.The car was in good condition except for some minor scratches and a shabby rear left door paint job carried out in a local garage. Overall mechanically the car was in excellent condition. This price was achieved after a long wait and still it went only to a dealer!
2.70L is too low and frankly frightening.We are planning to partly finance our next car from the proceeds of this sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Kini, On the contrary, try selling the car to an individual. Your chance's of getting better quotes is higher. Dealers are known to give very low resale values.
Regards
Varun
I'm just evaluating the various options I have.Frankly getting a individual buyer for a petrol car is tough.
Old 13th November 2012, 02:30   #6013
BHPian

Looking to buy a used Lancer to modify for satisfying the boy racer in me.

Saw a 2000 Lancer SLXi with 1,10,000 kms on the odo.
The interiors were in good condition and so was the exterior with no denting-painting jobs visible.

The car had aftermarket alloys and new tyres + a Sony Xplod touchsecreen HU with a JBL bass tube and some speakers.
Also had an LPG kit installed.

I'm looking at offering the seller around 1 lakh for the car, is it a good deal?
Old 13th November 2012, 09:04   #6014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.shekhar View Post
Looking to buy a used Lancer to modify for satisfying the boy racer in me.

Saw a 2000 Lancer SLXi with 1,10,000 kms on the odo.
The interiors were in good condition and so was the exterior with no denting-painting jobs visible.

The car had aftermarket alloys and new tyres + a Sony Xplod touchsecreen HU with a JBL bass tube and some speakers.
Also had an LPG kit installed.

I'm looking at offering the seller around 1 lakh for the car, is it a good deal?
Hi one lakh is on the higher side considering the car is 12 years old with lots of kms on the odo. Do not offer more than 65K in my opinion. Lancers were never known to have great resale value. Also check if the LPG is fitted from a proper authorised workshop.
punitkakri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2012, 10:01   #6015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
Well the deal almost seems to have faded. I made a friend call him up and this time he demanded 4.80L. When he last spoke to me 2 days back his price was 4.40L! Even at this price it's like knocking 90k off the price of a brand new car and this car has clocked only 3k kms. He is working in a government organization where he has for himself a chauffeur driven car and bought this car for his wife and son. When spoke about the insurance he was not bothered and said that he rather keep the car than sell it for a less price. So I walked away politely saying "thank you".
Even if I get the car at 4.30L am afraid the car would depreciate heavily due to 2nd owner tag and it being a petrol!

Though its sad that the deal didn't work in our favor, i think the owner took the right call when we think in his perspective. Its not worth to sell the car off for more than a lac difference, unless otherwise there is no other option for him to sell it off.
If you indeed like the car, try to seal it off for the agreed amount.
Regarding the depreciation factor, worry about it only if you don't intend to keep the car for min of 3-4 years.

Most Viewed