Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2012, 17:50   #6151
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

What should be reasonable price I should pay for a 2012 Nano Lx model, July registered, 1000 km o on ODO.

I am expecting around 1.5-1.6 lac.

Only downside is that the first owner has fitted music system aftermarket hence no clue on warranty implications.
If not under 1.8 lac, I might as well buy new special edition which I heard is going at 2.25 OTR Lac.

Thanks for suggestions.
Old 3rd December 2012, 19:52   #6152
BHPian

What should a 1996, 140k old sumo cost?
Head to toe stock. No accessories whatsoever.

I know this might seem a stupid question to many, but love is strange. isn't ?
Cheers,
Abhijeet.
Old 3rd December 2012, 23:17   #6153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
What should be reasonable price I should pay for a 2012 Nano Lx model, July registered, 1000 km o on ODO.

Only downside is that the first owner has fitted music system aftermarket hence no clue on warranty implications.
If not under 1.8 lac, I might as well buy new special edition which I heard is going at 2.25 OTR Lac.

Thanks for suggestions.
I have no clue about prices one ought to pay for a nano but the aftermarket music system is perfectly alright since if something with the electronics of the car goes wrong, until the manufacturer can prove that it was caused by the aftermarket fitting, they are required to repair or replace the part under the warranty (not such a bad world after all eh? :P) just check that the wiring and installation was done properly.
Old 4th December 2012, 00:53   #6154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
What should a 1996, 140k old sumo cost?
Head to toe stock. No accessories whatsoever.

I know this might seem a stupid question to many, but love is strange. isn't ?
Cheers,
Abhijeet.
Coriollis ,
Hoping it is a white board , any where between 60 to 90 , depends on the present condition , by the way i guess in early Sumo's you need to use heater before you start in the morning , some times it becomes more of headache than routine .
There are many in this forum who love sumos , that goes with the moto any thing on Four wheels
Rovergen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 11:10   #6155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovergen View Post
Coriollis ,
Hoping it is a white board , any where between 60 to 90 , depends on the present condition , by the way i guess in early Sumo's you need to use heater before you start in the morning , some times it becomes more of headache than routine .
There are many in this forum who love sumos , that goes with the moto any thing on Four wheels
Thanks Rovergen!

Yes, its a white board for sure. In fact, this vehicle belongs to one of my friend. I have driven it extensively, and many fond memories of my bachelorhood days are attached to it.

Now that he has got a couple of cars and I have mine, this beauty is left to be forgotten. If it is kept that way, It will surely end up in a scrapyard pretty soon.

And I know how it feels, when you part with your beloved. I have done this crime once, by parting with my 1987 Premier Padmini.

And for the quotation part, I got a quote of 65k. Thought it was decent, but needed to confirm with you experts.
Thanks a lot

Cheers,
Abhijeet
Old 4th December 2012, 11:57   #6156
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for suggestions.
Hello sindabad.sailor,
You are right, do not pay more than 1.5L for the Nano. It will be a better deal than to buy the spcial edition. The only significant feature the new model has is the twin glovebox,which I believe, can be retrofitted by the A.S.S.Do enquire about it.
Hope this helps,
Varun
Old 4th December 2012, 15:05   #6157
BHPian

What do you guys reckon a 1.4 Fiat Linea Emotion Pk (2010) with 25K on the odo should fetch? The car is extremely well maintained, basically in mint condition inside and out with a full service history available. Single owner. Under comprehensive insurance and manufacturer extended warranty till September 2014.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 4th December 2012 at 15:07.
Old 4th December 2012, 16:00   #6158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
What do you guys reckon a 1.4 Fiat Linea Emotion Pk (2010) with 25K on the odo should fetch? The car is extremely well maintained, basically in mint condition inside and out with a full service history available. Single owner. Under comprehensive insurance and manufacturer extended warranty till September 2014.
You may not like my reply . Fiat petrols have pathetic resale values so my guess would be around 4.5L. If you sell it to somebody looking for a Fiat Linea then around 5L.
Old 4th December 2012, 16:45   #6159
BHPian

Quote:
I have seen cars of similar specs being sold for a little under 4 lakhs in chennai. So am assuming an even lower price considering where you are staying. Fiat petrols have a horrible resale value. If possible I would say keep the car instead of selling it for such low prices.
Old 4th December 2012, 16:55   #6160
BHPian

Quote:
Totally agree with what is said by Cesc & Prithvi, firstly its a Petrol, secondly its a Fiat & masses dont really have a liking for either of the two.

Fiats & Tatas dont really enjoy a good reputation to begin with, Linea 2012 has been selling in 2 digits every month in the past quarter & this figure includes Diesel cars too. Frankly speaking i dont see a Fiat petrol vehicle selling for more than 4 Lakhs, if at all you manage to find an individual who is a fan of the absolute fantastic handling of Fiat, then you might just be able to stretch it to 4.5 Lakhs.

Good Luck mate !!

Quote:

Thanks for suggestions.
Your expectation with the model is pretty much spot on, 1.5 Lakh is the maximum i'd suggest you to go, probably 5-10K lower would be a very good deal since the car is not even an year old, do check for the year of manufacture though, Tata's are notorious for that (since this is a Nano, i m pretty sure this would not be a 2011 model).

As far as the aftermarket music system is concerned, this should not really void the warranty, unless something major goes wrong with the vehicle. Moreover Tata would have to prove that what went wrong was primarily because of the Wiring harness used. Most (read almost all) of the aftermarket music systems are installed without voiding the warranty, do check with the owner on that or show it to the mechanic that the wiring hasn't voided the warranty.

Good luck mate, hope what i said does help you out !!

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th December 2012 at 17:15. Reason: merging posts and deleted the note. Thanks!
Old 4th December 2012, 17:49   #6161
BHPian

Thanks a ton guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
You may not like my reply . Fiat petrols have pathetic resale values so my guess would be around 4.5L. If you sell it to somebody looking for a Fiat Linea then around 5L.
You know what, actually by my own estimate, I'd put it around 4.5 L too. I'm quite aware that Fiats are really struggling in the second hand market; a petrol even more so. In that sense, your reply wasn't all that unfavourable

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithvi53 View Post
I have seen cars of similar specs being sold for a little under 4 lakhs in chennai. So am assuming an even lower price considering where you are staying. Fiat petrols have a horrible resale value. If possible I would say keep the car instead of selling it for such low prices.
Under 4 sounds a little undervalued though I understand where you're coming from. Fortunately I have no immediate plans to put her on the block, I might only consider if I get a really good offer. Always nice to know where you stand though, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
Frankly speaking i dont see a Fiat petrol vehicle selling for more than 4 Lakhs, if at all you manage to find an individual who is a fan of the absolute fantastic handling of Fiat, then you might just be able to stretch it to 4.5 Lakhs.

Good Luck mate !!
Yup Prodigyy, your point is well taken. Like I said quite happy and willing to bide my time and wait for the right buyer to come along. Or else she's going nowhere.
Old 5th December 2012, 12:00   #6162

Hi all. I have a 2nd owner, Mumbai registered May 2005 Elantra CRDI top of the line model (the one with Leather seats, TCS, ABS, Airbags etc). Looking to sell this and buy a new car. Would appreciate if I could get some pointers on expected sale price. Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 12:39   #6163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_916 View Post
Hi all. I have a 2nd owner, Mumbai registered May 2005 Elantra CRDI top of the line model (the one with Leather seats, TCS, ABS, Airbags etc). Looking to sell this and buy a new car. Would appreciate if I could get some pointers on expected sale price. Thanks
Even though the ODO reading has not been mentioned by you, still since the car is a 2nd owner vehicle, id say something like about 2 lakhs if its sold to a dealer, an addition of about 25-30K if an individual comes hunting for the same.

Hope this helps out to find a decent deal for yourself !! Good luck mate
Prodigyy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 13:43   #6164

Hi. Forgot to mention its run about 93,000 kms. All services and repairs at Hyundai Motor Plaza (company owned service center) at Cotton Green. Comprehensive Insurance valid till June 2013. Got a Pete's box as well
Old 5th December 2012, 17:16   #6165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello JishD,
2010 was a very good time to offload a petrol car. 2.8L in 2010 was a damm good price. But I don't think you can get the same value today.

Petrol price in Delhi in 2010 - Rs.47.93
Petrol price in Delhi in 2012 - Rs.67.24
Difference - Rs.19.31 or 28.71 %

@ seeler - Just saw your car in the classified section. You seem to have maintained her well. I hope you get a better price!!

Regards,
Varun
My Palio Stile was sold for 1.3 L in Mumbai. I could have got realistically 1.6, given the very good condition that it was in, but would mean waiting a few months.

Most Viewed