Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2012, 13:40   #6256
BHPian

Re: i10 AT: What could be correct price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Hello All,

Reposting my querry here.

Sister is looking for an i10 AT pre owned. I chanced upon one in Pune which I checked on Sunday.
Hello sindabad.sailor,
The price does seems fair, although for an AT, the car seems to have seen quite a no. of miles. Also @ 42000 kms , I feel that the tyres are at the end of their life.Extracting another 10 k's would be asking for too much,in my belief. Also the spare being unused for over 3 years would have hardened the tyre, making it a risky affair.
You are better off buying news tyres. That's an expense of 15-20k's.
Are you sure rust has not set in on the bare metal. Cause if it has, you are looking at hefty repairs. Misaligned bumpers are easy to set right.

If the car is good mechanically, close the deal @ 3L.
Hope this helps,
Varun
Old 18th December 2012, 14:38   #6257
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

What could be the reasonable to-buy price for a 2003 Alto Lxi with lower mileage and in fairly good condition at Kochi?
A model which is 8 to 10 years old is preferred as a daily commute, sort of covered two wheeler.

I have noticed that all fair condition lower end cars like Altos have been annexed by the organized used car points like True Value, Advantage and First Choice luring the exchange bonus grapevine and chances of getting directly from owners have become so very difficult these days at least in Kerala.

Last edited by rajeev k : 18th December 2012 at 14:42.
Old 18th December 2012, 17:17   #6258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
What could be the reasonable to-buy price for a 2003 Alto Lxi with lower mileage and in fairly good condition at Kochi?
A model which is 8 to 10 years old is preferred as a daily commute, sort of covered two wheeler.
Hello rejeev,
I don't know about Kochi but in Mumbai, the price of a 2004 Alto would be around 1-1.25L. But since prices of cars are more down south, I expect the prices to around 1.25-1.5L.
Hope this helps,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 18th December 2012 at 17:22.
powertrain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 17:29   #6259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Rajeev, I'd say in Mumbai, in the current bearish scenario in the automotive space, a 2003 Alto LXi would even struggle to get up to a lakh rupees. I'm sure a quick check on Carwale would also reaffirm that. Anything over and you'd be paying more than the car merits. I wouldn't imagine Kochi to be vastly different.

Let's just say 1.25 Lacs would be paying through the nose for the kind of car with your description. Goodluck with your search buddy and keep us posted.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 18th December 2012 at 17:38.
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 17:38   #6260
Senior - BHPian

A 2011 Honda City AT is being sold in our city,asking price is 5.5L
I am pretty sure,it will be sold for 5L and around.
Good deal,isnt it?
Old 18th December 2012, 18:00   #6261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Good deal,isnt it?

Hello Akshay,

A pretty deal IMHO. Have you done all the requisite checks as, the deal is quite mouth watering. Should also ring a bell, no? Is the price inline to the ongoing deals?

Price would depend a lot on the mileage as well (Hope that's decent for the City you are eyeing).

Price in Mumbai would hover around 7ish for a similar vehicle
Old 18th December 2012, 18:16   #6262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Good deal,isnt it?
Sounds like a bargain. Don't mean to scare you but I'd wonder what's the catch there!

A 2011 City, even if in a moderately good condition with say 20K on the ODO should be about Rs. 6-6.5 Lacs. How much has this one clocked? If it has done anything in the above range, why is it being sold for almost 20% below its market value?

Make sure you do your due diligence here. Check for and rummage through the car's full service and accident history. For an AT even a City, anything over 25K KM could attract a fair bit of maintenance. So please be aware.
Old 18th December 2012, 18:25   #6263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Hello Akshay,

A pretty deal IMHO. Have you done all the requisite checks as, the deal is quite mouth watering. Should also ring a bell, no? Is the price inline to the ongoing deals?

Price would depend a lot on the mileage as well (Hope that's decent for the City you are eyeing).

Price in Mumbai would hover around 7ish for a similar vehicle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Sounds like a bargain. Don't mean to scare you but I'd wonder what's the catch there!

A 2011 City, even if in a moderately good condition with say 20K on the ODO should be about Rs. 6-6.5 Lacs. How much has this one clocked? If it has done anything in the above range, why is it being sold for almost 20% below its market value?

Make sure you do your due diligence here. Check for and rummage through the car's full service and accident history. For an AT even a City, anything over 25K KM could attract a fair bit of maintenance. So please be aware.
I am not eyeing the vehicle guys,i just came across this deal,while looking around,and the car looked neat,at least from outside,with a running of 120kms per day i am happy with a diesel car,cant think of a petrol that too AT.
Just wanted to update here regarding pricing.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 18th December 2012 at 18:27.
Old 18th December 2012, 18:32   #6264
NMS
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Please guide me about the Price of a used Safari in Bangalore?
Requirements are as follows:

Safari VX or GX only.
Mileage: Around 30K to 40K (50 if exceptionally well maintained)

Any specific dealers in Bangalore which are good? Or Best deal would be to buy from Individuals?
Old 18th December 2012, 19:46   #6265
BHPian

Hi Metalbuff, Powertrain, ninjatalli, kmadhok and any others who might have been involved in the discussion,

Thanks very much for all your inputs.

I paid for and picked up the SX4 AT this afternoon.

The drive home was great. Filling up the petrol tank, not so great .

The car moves like a dream and I just hope it continues to do so. Will be doing a service in the very near future and will get the steering attended to at the same time.

Regards,

SS
suzuki san is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 20:32   #6266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS View Post
Hi Guys,

Please guide me about the Price of a used Safari in Bangalore?
Requirements are as follows:

Safari VX or GX only.
Mileage: Around 30K to 40K (50 if exceptionally well maintained)

Any specific dealers in Bangalore which are good? Or Best deal would be to buy from Individuals?
Do you really want to pick a 4 year old Safari? These will not have any warranty left on it & if something goes wrong, it can be expensive to maintain.
Old 18th December 2012, 22:05   #6267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Metalbuff, Powertrain, ninjatalli, kmadhok and any others who might have been involved in the discussion,

Thanks very much for all your inputs.

I paid for and picked up the SX4 AT this afternoon.

The drive home was great. Filling up the petrol tank, not so great .

The car moves like a dream and I just hope it continues to do so. Will be doing a service in the very near future and will get the steering attended to at the same time.

Regards,

SS

Hello Suzuki San,

Congratulations mate! Awesome!! When and where's the party ? Just drive her around and get a feel of her before, you implant the CNG kit (Getting it done from where FrankMehta got his? )

How about posting an ownership experience. Enough of the Civic threads...Time for a pre-worshipped AT SX4 review .

Please do share the dealer details if, you had a seamless experience.

Very soon, i will be looking at you'll for advice. Hope to hear from you'll then.
Old 18th December 2012, 22:49   #6268
BHPian

Hi Metalbuff,

Thanks for the wishes. Party will have to wait as I am leaving India tomorrow for a couple of weeks!!!

What you suggested was exactly my intention. Drive her around for a couple of months and see exactly what average I (my son) is getting before opting for the CNG kit.
I quite agree with you. Lets have a pre worshipped SX4 thread

Will keep you guys updated with things as they happen.

Just a thought - I am probably the only Team BHP member who now has 2 SX4's! One Zxi AT and one Zxi manual which I have had from new. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Actually I think it is a great, value for money car especially for highway use which is where I have been mainly using my other car. No worries about bad roads, gigantic speed breakers etc. OK, the mileage is not great but then again if one drives sensibly it's not bad. I have got upto 13.5 when driving at 90/100 Kmph. Sadly, I don't do that very often!! The car is fully loaded. What more does one want? I guess a MID would be nice.
I cannot understand why this car (with the new VVT engine and improved power steering) was a marketing failure.

Regards,

SS
suzuki san is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 23:37   #6269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Metalbuff,

Thanks for the wishes. Party will have to wait as I am leaving India tomorrow for a couple of weeks!!!

What you suggested was exactly my intention. Drive her around for a couple of months and see exactly what average I (my son) is getting before opting for the CNG kit.
I quite agree with you. Lets have a pre worshipped SX4 thread

Will keep you guys updated with things as they happen.

Just a thought - I am probably the only Team BHP member who now has 2 SX4's! One Zxi AT and one Zxi manual which I have had from new. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Actually I think it is a great, value for money car especially for highway use which is where I have been mainly using my other car. No worries about bad roads, gigantic speed breakers etc. OK, the mileage is not great but then again if one drives sensibly it's not bad. I have got upto 13.5 when driving at 90/100 Kmph. Sadly, I don't do that very often!! The car is fully loaded. What more does one want? I guess a MID would be nice.
I cannot understand why this car (with the new VVT engine and improved power steering) was a marketing failure.

Regards,

SS
It took off superbly when it was new and I used to swear my pants off everytime i saw a SX4 ZXi . But, with Maruti having done nothing to the car's design since it's launch, it started failing to the extent of turning into a dud very soon.

We have to agree, it lost out other prettier cars like the city, vento, verna etc.

I would rate the car as an able performer in all departments. Its only from the looks standpoint where it fails miserably to entice any emotion.
Old 19th December 2012, 11:46   #6270
BHPian

Guys...
What would be the best price for Chevrolet optra magnum TDCI 2008 LT model run 45k. Have come across one for 4.5lac.car felt very powerful and planted.
Would it be wise to go for one as it has been discontinued.

Also came across a 2009 punto emotion run 40k offered for 4 lac.
Everything felt good abt the car except the sluggish engine. I feel that quick overtaking would be too risky especially on NH 17 where i travel a lot. There is an option of getting it peted but i dont know how much of an difference it will make.

Most Viewed