Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2013, 15:16   #6616
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Maruti Ritz Lxi. 26000 kms. Oct 2010. Extended warranty till Oct 2014. Condition: Good (As quoted by the owner)
Hello Motomaverick,

You can expect approx Rs. 3 lacs for Oct. 2010 Maruti Ritz Lxi with 26000 on ODO. Frankly speaking Rs. 3.30+ lacs is to high as during last 8 months, prices of petrol cars have taken a huge jump downwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabsi View Post
Request expert opinion on whether a 2009 SX4 ZXi automatic 40k reasonably good condition is worth 4.9 lacs at Chennai.
Hello ibabsi,

Rs. 4.9 lacs for 2009 Sx4 Zxi Automatic is very much on higher side. The Car, though one of the best cars from Maruti commands a very low resale value, especially Automatic versions as mileage is approx 7 - 8 KMPL in city driving conditions.

I will not suggest to offer more than Rs. 3.5 lacs for this Car. Also if you are planning to drive this car in city, expect a very low mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Chennai-registered, 1st owner, 2008 (July), Hyundai i10 Magna (1.1 ltr iRDE engine), ~ 30k genuine kms. on odometer - only serviced at H.A.S.S. and full service details available.
Also, how much would the difference between a dealer offer and that of a private buyer be?
Hello RSR,

You can expect Rs. 2.25 to Rs. 2.5 lacs for 2008 i10 Magna with 30,000 kms on ODO.

The difference in quote between dealer & private buyer will be approx 10% i.e. Rs. 20,000 tp Rs. 25,000 in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
2005 Ford Fusion 1.6, 66000kms, Single Owner, New tyres, Immaculate condition for 1.8L
2007 Wagon R, 54000kms, 2 owners, Tyres to be replaced, immaculate condition for 1.65L
Hello Creative420,

Without any second thoughts, go for 2007 WagonR. It is a very low maintenance car & if the previous owners have maintained it well, it will give you trouble free service for next couple of years.

2005 Ford Fusion, though spacious will give you a tough time paying maintenance & spare parts bills.

Also WagonR's mileage is better than Fusion & due to tall boy design, your wife will have a good view of the road ahead.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 15:37   #6617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Need to know which one is a better option for me in a long run?

2005 Ford Fusion 1.6, 66000kms, Single Owner, New tyres, Immaculate condition for 1.8L

2007 Wagon R, 54000kms, 2 owners, Tyres to be replaced, immaculate condition for 1.65L

Heart = Fusion. Mind = Waggie.
I would go with the Waggie. What would put me off Fusion's trail is the availability of spares and the cost at which it is available. I read somewhere on this forum about how a Bumper for Fusion costs some 15k.. Here is the thread. Its dated to 2005, but i doubt parts for an out of production car would be any cheaper than before.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...on-spares.html.

This bit of info is enough to make my decision if I were you.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 16:53   #6618
BHPian

Thanks @Jignesh and @hrman for your input. Called up the Waggie owner to "put it on hold" and he tells me that someone came and gave him the token amount already. Damn my luck!
Old 6th February 2013, 19:23   #6619
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post

Expect nothing more than 2.50 if you are really bullish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello RSR,

You can expect Rs. 2.25 to Rs. 2.5 lacs for 2008 i10 Magna with 30,000 kms on ODO.

The difference in quote between dealer & private buyer will be approx 10% i.e. Rs. 20,000 tp Rs. 25,000 in this case.
Thank you, Warwithwheels and Jignesh. 2.5 lacs should sound like a good deal for him then.

I'll inform him and we'll see how buyers respond, will update when the car gets sold.

Last edited by RSR : 6th February 2013 at 19:31.
Old 6th February 2013, 21:09   #6620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post

Hello ibabsi,

Rs. 4.9 lacs for 2009 Sx4 Zxi Automatic is very much on higher side. The Car, though one of the best cars from Maruti commands a very low resale value, especially Automatic versions as mileage is approx 7 - 8 KMPL in city driving conditions.

I will not suggest to offer more than Rs. 3.5 lacs for this Car. Also if you are planning to drive this car in city, expect a very low mileage.

Thanks,
Thanks Jignesh. I think I will pass this SX4 offer. There are a couple of other dealer cars from 2007 which quote around 3.5 lacs but they have run 60K+ and I was worried about the condition of the auto transmission.

I am looking to swap my Y2006 Santro XL 60K KM (@1.6+ lacs) and was interested in an AT to ease my left knee pain and the high stance (among sedans) of the SX4 appeared inviting. So if I look at a 3.5 lacs 6 year old SX4 AT at 3.5 lacs, my net outflow would be ~2 lacs. Worth it, eh? (atleast for a couple of years after which I will eye an entry level new SUV with an AT)

My fear? Maintaining a used AT might cause a bomb.
Old 7th February 2013, 11:17   #6621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabsi View Post
So if I look at a 3.5 lacs 6 year old SX4 AT at 3.5 lacs, my net outflow would be ~2 lacs. Worth it, eh? (atleast for a couple of years after which I will eye an entry level new SUV with an AT)
My fear? Maintaining a used AT might cause a bomb.
Hello ibabsi,

You will definitely get a 2007 SX4 for less than Rs. 3.5 lacs, it is just a matter of waiting for sometime & exploring used car dealers.

Coming to your fear of maintaining a used AT - hope you have gone through Frank Mehta's thread on his recently bought 2007 Honda Civic AT - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...matic-cng.html.

If you manage to get a well maintained used AT Car, there should not be any problems for next couple of years.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 17:10   #6622
BHPian

How much will a Laura 1.8 TSI , Max 3 yrs old cost in Delhi/NCR? Is this model readily available in the second hand car market or one needs to search really hard for it?
Old 7th February 2013, 17:27   #6623
BHPian

What would be the approx price for 10-12 months old Punto Emotion Diesel with 13k on odo in NCR, which means even the second service is not yet done for it? Thanks in advance for response.
Old 8th February 2013, 21:21   #6624
BHPian

Experts,

Need your advise please.

I am going to check a car tomorrow.

Santro XL; 2006 make; 35K; Chennai; 2nd owner bought 6 months ago; apparently was serviced only at Hyundai service center. 2nd owner claims to have verified past service history before buying. Was told reason was sale is moving abroad.

Asking price 1.8 lakhs. What do you think?

What expenses can i expect on a Santro with 35K KMs? How long more can it run? What would the per liter mileage?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Kanth
Old 8th February 2013, 22:58   #6625
BHPian

What is a fair price for a well maintained SL500 2002/2003 with 20000 odd kms with Mumbai registration?
Old 9th February 2013, 11:08   #6626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom barabar! View Post
How much will a Laura 1.8 TSI , Max 3 yrs old cost in Delhi/NCR? Is this model readily available in the second hand car market or one needs to search really hard for it?
Hello Vroom,
I'm not aware of Delhi prices ,but in Mumbai a fair price for this model would be around 8.25-8.5L.
Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
What would be the approx price for 10-12 months old Punto Emotion Diesel with 13k on odo in NCR, which means even the second service is not yet done for it? Thanks in advance for response.
Hello humans,
The OTR price of Punto E would be around 7.6L, a year ago. With discounts the final OTR price would be around 7.3L. Since a car loses max value in the first year & Fiat's don't hold their value much, a fair price would be around 6.25L.
Are you buying or selling a Punto?

Regards,
Varun
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post
Santro XL; 2006 make; 35K; Chennai; 2nd owner bought 6 months ago; apparently was serviced only at Hyundai service center. 2nd owner claims to have verified past service history before buying. Was told reason was sale is moving abroad.
Hello Kanth,
2 previos owners & just 35K's on the odo? There's something fishy.
Don't take the owner's word for verifying the past service history. Check & double check it. The car should be running on original set of tyres.

Santro's are not high on maintenance. My Santro delivered me 11-11.5 km/L in the city.

EDIT:- These threads will help you a lot:-
-http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...car-india.html

-http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ter-fraud.html

Hope this helps,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 9th February 2013 at 11:24.
powertrain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 12:37   #6627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Kanth,
2 previos owners & just 35K's on the odo? There's something fishy

Hope this helps,
Varun
Thanks for your prompt response and also the word of caution. I will sure double check the vehicle and records. Thanks again.

Kanth
Old 9th February 2013, 20:11   #6628
BHPian

Hi,

I am looking at a Toyota Camry (W1) manual transmission, Nov 2008 model, single owner, 47K kms done, full service history available quoting 8 lakh

He says he had quoted higher price for a while now, but has revised it to this price to sell it quickly.

Many other similar cars are priced in the range of 9 - 12 lakhs.

thanks - VJ
Old 10th February 2013, 13:36   #6629
Senior - BHPian

My friends has almost finalised a deal on a 11/2007 registered Hyundai Getz GLS prime with a single owner. It is a maroon coloured car, non metallic paint with 45K on the odo. The car has dents on the roof and bonnet due to coconut falling but the paint has not yeided anywhere in these areas. There is a small dent on the A pillar on the passenger side where a small portion of paint has given way. Insurance runs till 11/2013. The quoted price for this car is 2.4L. Is this fair?
Can anyone help me in this regard.
Old 10th February 2013, 14:15   #6630
BHPian

Hey fellas!

Need your expert opinion in this case.
I am considering selling off my 8 year old Chevrolet Optra 1.6 LS. Done 50k till now on the odometer.
Dunno how much it has actually run, as we got it third hand.

I've added MRF ZLO 195/60 tyres, had the engine rebuilt and front suspension replaced.
AC has also been reconditioned, along with the alternator.
So far, it gives around 10-11 kmpl in the city with 100% AC, and around 14 on the highway when driven sedately.

Few bumps and scrapes on the rear bumper. Interiors are in great condition. The car is regularly washed and maintained at CarCares.
Insurance was recently renewed and is valid till 2014.

Any ideas on what I can expect?
I know it's an old car, so I'm not keeping my hopes up :(

Most Viewed