Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2013, 14:28   #6631
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
My friends has almost finalised a deal on a 11/2007 registered Hyundai Getz GLS prime with a single owner. It is a maroon coloured car, non metallic paint with 45K on the odo. The car has dents on the roof and bonnet due to coconut falling but the paint has not yeided anywhere in these areas. There is a small dent on the A pillar on the passenger side where a small portion of paint has given way. Insurance runs till 11/2013. The quoted price for this car is 2.4L. Is this fair?
Can anyone help me in this regard.
Are you Serious,2.4L
I would not pay more than a lakh for it in my region,or may be not a dime more than 1.5L in bangalore, for a 6 year Old car which went out of production long back.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 03:54   #6632
BHPian

I have found this car in B'lore.

Honda CRV 2.4 AT
Mar 2008
Single owner
10.5 lacs

What would be the best quote?
Old 11th February 2013, 08:08   #6633
BHPian

2.4 lac for that car is too high.

I was looking for a cheap used car in Mumbai about an year ago and the going price for 2006/2007 Getz were between 1.3-1.6 lac; most of those cars were single owner and had fewer than 60-70k kms on ODO; given these - i don't think that car should fetch more than 1.25-1.35 lac.

Does the car in question has a very expensive music system, or very nice alloys, or minor mods such as FFE that your friend has fallen for and has agreed to pay high price?

Quote:
My friends has almost finalised a deal on a 11/2007 registered Hyundai Getz GLS prime with a single owner. It is a maroon coloured car, non metallic paint with 45K on the odo. The car has dents on the roof and bonnet due to coconut falling but the paint has not yeided anywhere in these areas. There is a small dent on the A pillar on the passenger side where a small portion of paint has given way. Insurance runs till 11/2013. The quoted price for this car is 2.4L. Is this fair?
Can anyone help me in this regard.
Old 11th February 2013, 09:23   #6634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post
I have found this car in B'lore.

Honda CRV 2.4 AT
Mar 2008
Single owner
10.5 lacs

What would be the best quote?
Dealers are selling it at that price in Bangalore. If the car is really clean you can offer up to 9 L. Otherwise not more than 8.25 L, dealer will buy it for not more than 8 to 8.25 L at the most.
Old 11th February 2013, 10:42   #6635
BHPian

Somebody I know in my complex is in bit of confusion.

She's been offered an off site project for a year and little more. She's bought an i-10 about 10 months back and is so far used on weekends. Since she's thinking to taking up the assignment and hence not sure what to do with the i-10.

Sell it - What is the best price she can expect? Less than 5k run. Well maintained with proper service record.

Keep it for a year lying unused with disconnected battery?
Old 11th February 2013, 10:43   #6636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
11/2007 registered Hyundai Getz GLS prime with a single owner. It is a maroon coloured car, non metallic paint with 45K on the odo. The quoted price for this car is 2.4L. Is this fair?
Hello Unk9ja,

Rs. 2.4 lacs for a November 2007 Hyundai Getz is too much on higher side.

I feel the appropriate price for this Car will be nothing more than Rs. 2 lacs (considering higher used car prices in banglore). In Mumbai this Car will not go for more than Rs. 1.8 lacs.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 11:42   #6637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
She's been offered an off site project for a year and little more. She's bought an i-10 about 10 months back and is so far used on weekends. Since she's thinking to taking up the assignment and hence not sure what to do with the i-10.

Sell it - What is the best price she can expect? Less than 5k run. Well maintained with proper service record.

Keep it for a year lying unused with disconnected battery?
Had it been 3-4 months for which the car would have unused, then I would have suggested to disconnect the battery, overinflate tyres & keep it safe in the garage, well covered. However 12 months is too long a period for a car to be kept in good condition after prolonged unuse. Rodents, birds, other insects & most importantly adverse weather, sun, rain etc could take its toll on the car leading to rusting & unseen damage under the hood or chasis. Hence my suggestion for her would be to get rid of her car. She should account for 15-20% depreciation on the original price, could stretch even upto 25%.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 12:16   #6638
BHPian

Guys,
any comments on this will help. I drove the car and given that it has largely run in the Mumbai city, the clutch plates may come up for a change soon. There is also a dent on the left rear door, but small enough to be repairable. The price may come down by another 40k, but your comments will help

thanks,
VJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by weejai View Post
Hi,

I am looking at a Toyota Camry (W1) manual transmission, Nov 2008 model, single owner, 47K kms done, full service history available quoting 8 lakh

He says he had quoted higher price for a while now, but has revised it to this price to sell it quickly.

Many other similar cars are priced in the range of 9 - 12 lakhs.

thanks - VJ
Old 11th February 2013, 12:26   #6639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by weejai
Guys,
any comments on this will help. I drove the car and given that it has largely run in the Mumbai city, the clutch plates may come up for a change soon. There is also a dent on the left rear door, but small enough to be repairable. The price may come down by another 40k, but your comments will help

thanks,
VJ
The price does sound like a steal but I had heard of someone picking up a similar vintage company registered car in Mumbai for 6.5lakhs.
Old 11th February 2013, 12:52   #6640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
She's bought an i-10 about 10 months back and is so far used on weekends.Sell it - What is the best price she can expect? Less than 5k run. Keep it for a year lying unused with disconnected battery?
Hello Anup,

Selling the car will mean loss of atleast 25% from the Purchase price. This is because prices of used petrol cars are at all time low currently.

If she is sure to comeback to Mumbai after the off-site assignment then she can try to find someone who can keep the Car for next 12 months & use it occasionally. This will mean that she will have a Car ready after coming back to Mumbai, else she will have to buy a new Car again, which will mean further draining of money.

Thanks,
Old 11th February 2013, 12:59   #6641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
If she is sure to comeback to Mumbai after the off-site assignment then she can try to find someone who can keep the Car for next 12 months & use it occasionally.
Thanks Jignesh, She's sure to come back to Mumbai but when is a question. She's single and her family don't stay here. I have my hands full (no pun intended) so I can't tend to her ..car.

Moreover being an open parking it'll have to bear nature's brunt. You're right in saying dep loss for a petrol car, but I don't see any other way out. The cost of perhaps holding it unused for a year might me even higher.
Old 11th February 2013, 13:02   #6642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello humans,
The OTR price of Punto E would be around 7.6L, a year ago. With discounts the final OTR price would be around 7.3L. Since a car loses max value in the first year & Fiat's don't hold their value much, a fair price would be around 6.25L.
Are you buying or selling a Punto?

Regards,
Varun
Thanks for the response Varun. I'm thinking of selling if the need arises due to one situation I may get stuck in coming month.

Regards
Old 11th February 2013, 14:01   #6643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
Thanks for the response Varun. I'm thinking of selling if the need arises due to one situation I may get stuck in coming month.

Regards
In that case brother, try selling to a Fiat fan.He can give a better price. Do not apporach used car dealers. They'll rip you right off

Quote a price of 6.5-6.6L and sell at around 6.25L.

Hope this helps,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 14:01   #6644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. The cost of perhaps holding it unused for a year might me even higher.
Hello Anup,

If that is the case then she has no other option but to sell it right here.

She may expect approx Rs. 3.75 lacs to Rs. 4 lacs for the Car. Used Car dealers may offer even lower then Rs. 3.7 lacs.

Just to give you a perpective, yesterday I spoke to a used car dealer for my September 2010 Maturi WagonR K10 Vxi with 21,000 on ODO & the price quoted to me was Rs. 2.5 lacs .

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 18:23   #6645
BHPian

Hi friends, need a help. I am looking to sell my Maruti Esteem Vxi 2004 model. It had 50,500 kms on the odo. I have spent some money on it and it now rides Michelins XM2s, has got a new battery (Amron), new brake pads and I also got the clutch plates changes (old ones were fine as per Maruti ***, still got them changed). Its Indore registed and I am taking it there to sell it.

Can you guys help me with an indicative price that I should expect here.

Thanks in advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks