Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2009, 20:33   #691
BHPian

What would be the expected price of a 2000 Santro with power steering, front power windows, AC, and 90K on the odo ?
Old 31st March 2009, 20:57   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvadips View Post
Narayan, I think something must be very wrong with the 1.3 Getz that you drove. I own one of those and I can say this with closed eyes that this car is too good for the high way ..... I can take it to 120 in some seconds and went upto 140 without the engine sounding harsh.
Overtaking is done with the twist of the fingers. The car you drove must be ill maintained or something else is terribly wrong. Please do not insult this performer by comparing it with Alto.
the car i drove is driven by my grandfather - 80plus and extremely sedate driver. does not ride the clutch and car is in pristine condition

i strongly feel the gearing is messed up. taking it to 120/140 is not the issue
taking it from 50-80 or 60-100 - those are the type of moves that require a lot of planning and on that aspect alone i found the ALTO quite good

of course - ride and comfort - nothing to match the GETZ even in a segment up..
Old 31st March 2009, 22:23   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonfish View Post
Guys....in Bangalore what would be a fair price for a 2005 (July) Maruti Esteem Lxi, with about 55k on the odometer. The car is pretty well maintained and has a few additions like fog lights, air filter etc.

Please advise.

Bumping this message as I didn't get a response to it.
Well....they say three times is a lucky charm. So trying one last time, just in case one of you guys decide to chime in with your esteemed words of wisdom.
Old 1st April 2009, 00:00   #694
BHPian

Guys i need urgent help regarding a used Sonata Embera.The car in question has 14k on the odo and is a 2.4(MT-Fabric).It is a Nov 2005 manufactured model registered in March 2006(probably purchased for a discount of around 2-2.5 lacs,i.e. around 11.5-12 OTR).....The car is in a pristine condition and has been serviced at Hyundai A.S.S....PRICE QUOTED:5.65.....Wats the best price??...gotta make the offer in a couple of days...HELP ME
Old 1st April 2009, 00:14   #695
BHPian

@Neonfish

carwale.com values the car around 3.75(excellent) and 3.5(good). I found carwale as good guidance to negotiate. Gaadi.com usually quotes on higher side. This doesn't mean that carwale's price is final. Use this price to haggle with the seller (some info is better than nothing). Quote always min 20-30k less than carwale's price.
Old 1st April 2009, 11:24   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
the car i drove is driven by my grandfather - 80plus and extremely sedate driver. does not ride the clutch and car is in pristine condition

i strongly feel the gearing is messed up. taking it to 120/140 is not the issue
taking it from 50-80 or 60-100 - those are the type of moves that require a lot of planning and on that aspect alone i found the ALTO quite good

of course - ride and comfort - nothing to match the GETZ even in a segment up..
I see, I downgrade my gear by 1 when I need to overtake at those speeds. Like at 80 if I need to overtake and I am with gear 5, I shift to 4th, it becomes easy.

Yes the ride and comfort is good for sure.
Old 2nd April 2009, 18:30   #697

I really need your help guys.

I found a OHC 1.5 EXi selling for 2.95lac after negociation. It's a 2003 Model with comprehensive insurance and full service history from Arya Honda (last service done feb, 2009) and a genuine 55xxx K.M done on the ODO. All parts are stock.

The condition of the car is in excellent condition. Is it a good buy???

Will be purchasing the car by the 5th of this month so i want to know if the price is right and if any other BHPian who purchased a similar car and your purchase price.

(P.S:- was looking for a vtec but just can't get my hand on any good car so i give up!)
Old 3rd April 2009, 11:34   #698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_4_Speed View Post
I really need your help guys.

I found a OHC 1.5 EXi selling for 2.95lac after negociation. It's a 2003 Model with comprehensive insurance and full service history from Arya Honda (last service done feb, 2009) and a genuine 55xxx K.M done on the ODO. All parts are stock.

The condition of the car is in excellent condition. Is it a good buy???

Will be purchasing the car by the 5th of this month so i want to know if the price is right and if any other BHPian who purchased a similar car and your purchase price.

(P.S:- was looking for a vtec but just can't get my hand on any good car so i give up!)
Shut your eyes, pay the cheque, open your eyes, drive out and be happy forever!
Good deal if it's in the condition described. You may need to change tyres that's all (if still running original stock).
Old 3rd April 2009, 23:17   #699

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Good deal if it's in the condition described. You may need to change tyres that's all (if still running original stock).
Thnks for the help. Will be checking the car out on again on sunday for the final decision. Should i look for any last minute checks before committing to buy the car.
Old 3rd April 2009, 23:20   #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Thanks for the help. I shall be finalising the deal on sunday then.

If there are any last minute checks which are cosidered important do let me know.
Old 6th April 2009, 20:55   #701
BHPian

2002 skoda octavia second owner car with 56000 on the odo for 3.6L. Car looks well maintained. Is this a good deal?
Old 6th April 2009, 21:09   #702
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedguy View Post
2002 skoda octavia second owner car with 56000 on the odo for 3.6L. Car looks well maintained. Is this a good deal?
You are still buying a SKODA, looks like you haven't read the Skoda horror stories as yet.

IT is very simple , do not buy a SKODA product until of course you have loads of spare bucks to spent.
Old 8th April 2009, 13:30   #703
Senior - BHPian

Ford Fiesta Diesle SXI

Hi All,
How much should be the price for a 2006 September For Fiesta SXi Diesel ?
The car has run around 39.5 k and the car is from Mangalore. What I came to know that normally Mangalore used car price is quite less.
The car also had a minor accident and front bumper and windshield was replaced. But other then that there no issue with car, be it engine or handling or suspension.
And also the tires need replacement.
Insurance is pending but they said that they'll pay half of the insurance amount.
We've been quoted 4.8L after negotiation. Is it a good price? Or can this be negotiated further?
Regards,
Kaushik
Old 8th April 2009, 14:31   #704
Senior - BHPian

for a 3 year 40K fiesta SXi Diesel from Mangalore I would put a price of not more than 3.5L to 3.75L. This is for an excellent well maintained car.
Old 8th April 2009, 23:17   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
for a 3 year 40K fiesta SXi Diesel from Mangalore I would put a price of not more than 3.5L to 3.75L. This is for an excellent well maintained car.
Whoaa, are you sure? Because when we checked Carwale it quoted around 5.31L for similar condition car. Checked few used car dealers here too and they are also quoting around 5.2L only.
3.5L for a almost 9L car just after 2.5 years sounds like a impossible deal, or is that Ford doesn't have any resale value at all?
Waiting for reply as this need to be finalized soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks