Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2013, 11:27   #7036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys how much can be expected for the below
1. Jazz top end model - white with the gun metal finish alloys
6. Interiors - has the dark blue/black combo fabric and not the stupid beige !

Given the condition, lack of new Jazz and the city, pls tell me what best can be expected.
1. Why is the car being sold?

2. What's so stupid about the beige? Isn't that a little too subjective to be stated as a fact? I personally find blue interiors stupid!

3. Would lack of new Jazz be a plus point? Wouldn't the fact that the model has been discontinued reduce the value?

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 11th April 2013 at 11:39.
Old 11th April 2013, 12:16   #7037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
1. Why is the car being sold?

2. What's so stupid about the beige? Isn't that a little too subjective to be stated as a fact? I personally find blue interiors stupid!

3. Would lack of new Jazz be a plus point? Wouldn't the fact that the model has been discontinued reduce the value?
Do you have any idea on resale value ? We can discuss biege vs blue separately
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 21:00   #7038
BANNED

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Guys how much can be expected for the below
1. Jazz top end model - white with the gun metal finish alloys
2. 2011 - dec or 2012 Jan - not sure
3. Run <10000kms
4. Showroom condition. My friend who owns it drives like a 80yr old ! He gets out and surveys the entire area for 15mins before reversing! So its totally scratchless.
5. City - Chennai
6. Interiors - has the dark blue/black combo fabric and not the stupid beige !

Given the condition, lack of new Jazz and the city, pls tell me what best can be expected.
I was also looking for a Jazz for my dad but proved to be out of my budget so left it.

I guess ideal price can be 5.75 since it is in very good condition. TSM has two 2010 cars and they quote 5.75 for it,yours 2011 dec should be a good buy for 5.75
Old 11th April 2013, 21:44   #7039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
One of my friend is selling his diesel 2009 Punto red emotion run 75K. Tyres need change after another 10-15K kms and two OEM alloys are bent due to some really nasty roads recently. So he has replaced all 4 with OEM rims. It is single owner KA karnataka registered. How much can he expect for his car.
Guys need an update. Since even I am remotely thinking about picking it for myself. My friend is getting his new Duster in a weeks time in replacement of this Punto.
Old 11th April 2013, 22:35   #7040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys need an update. Since even I am remotely thinking about picking it for myself. My friend is getting his new Duster in a weeks time in replacement of this Punto.
Zulfi - for a 2009 Fiat diesel I would apply about 35-40% dep for 4 yrs.Can you check what was the on-road of a new car ? Also pls factor 25k for tyres. This gives you an indication. But pls note its very difficult to sell a Fiat in our market when new and hence used is all the more difficult. So you can bargain hard but being your friend, there may not be much scope for that
Old 11th April 2013, 23:23   #7041
BHPian

Quote:
Zulfi - for a 2009 Fiat diesel I would apply about 35-40% dep for 4 yrs.Can you check what was the on-road of a new car ? Also pls factor 25k for tyres. This gives you an indication. But pls note its very difficult to sell a Fiat in our market when new and hence used is all the more difficult. So you can bargain hard but being your friend, there may not be much scope for that
Narayan - Thanks for the response. Actually I can as luckily for me even he knows how bad Fiat is in resale. I had it cleared with him and he is ready to give it up for 3.25 L, that is about 50% dep, (I think?). Car is in average condition for how a 4 yr old with 77K on the ODO should be. I will also need to find a pair of alloys for it since 2 of them are busted. He is running on steel wheels (Fiat OEM). I can get it down to even 3 L is what I feel, since the dealer offered him 3 L. Is this deal good enough for me? Or should I let it pass.
Old 12th April 2013, 09:33   #7042
Senior - BHPian

Zulfi - I think 3L is a very good deal if all you have to do is put new tyres and 2 alloys ( if I had this deal I would have gone ahead instead of buying the Vista about 5 months back ). Since Fiat is setting up its own network I think you will be well placed to keep this car well maintained in the next few years. Pls go ahead.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 10:47   #7043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
diesel 2009 Punto red emotion run 75K. Tyres need change after another 10-15K kms and two OEM alloys are bent due to some really nasty roads recently.
Quote:
he is ready to give it up for 3.25 L, that is about 50% dep, (I think?). Car is in average condition I can get it down to even 3 L is what I feel,Is this deal good enough for me? Or should I let it pass.
Hello Zulfi,

Rs. 3 to Rs. 3.25 lacs is definitely a good deal for 2009 Punto Diesel with 77000 kms on ODO. A same year (2009) Maruti Swift diesel is not available for less than Rs. 4.5 lacs.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 10:57   #7044
Senior - BHPian

Original question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
What would be the best buying price for this car in Pune? Car is Baramati passing:

Spark LPG LS with 16000kms - Aug 2009 model single user.
Answers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Ani,
I'm not aware of LPG car prices, but a petrol car of year 2009 would be worth 1.9-2.2L.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello,
The approx price is already indicated by Varun (Powertrain) above & I too endorse the same.
The quoted price was 2.10L. However, when we saw the car, it was in much beaten condition than a 15000 kms car should be. AC plastic vent was broken, mirrors were hanging loose, doors cracking, interior all dusty (maybe because of beige color, so more pronounced). Engine was good. Some peculiar things that helped us deciding 'against' this car.

1. It was of Baramati passing, and I believe the towns and villages have more defined car audiance than city ones. If someone is buying LPG car in Baramati, very less chance that he will drive it only 5k per year. Else he would have bought petrol car.
2. Too much beaten condition inside, and yet NO scratches outside. To me, it shows some last minute finishing touches.
3. The odometer was not matching the car's condition.
4. No test drive offered, not even a 100m one! 'Too less petrol' was the reason.
5. No service record was available. He asked us to get it from Chevrolet, but didn't provide the service center name from which he serviced his vehicle last. (Chevrolet service centers don't have online data like Maruti, so the car info is not available everywhere except the SC where the servicing was done.)

Hence, car rejected. Thanks for providing a good ballpark figure.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 11:56   #7045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
1. It was of Baramati passing, and I believe the towns and villages have more defined car audiance than city ones. If someone is buying LPG car in Baramati, very less chance that he will drive it only 5k per year. Else he would have bought petrol car.
2. Too much beaten condition inside, and yet NO scratches outside. To me, it shows some last minute finishing touches.
3. The odometer was not matching the car's condition.
Smart and logical. This is a very important tip for all used car buyers.
Old 12th April 2013, 16:45   #7046
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I have a 97 Zen in Blore, pampered like anything on Meguiar's on my bi-annual visits, and sitting idle as I'm settled abroad. The white on the car dazzles like brand new, and has new Amaron Battery, Sony Music System, Auto Cop and four - brand new tyres. How much do you think I'll get if I sell it?
Wont part with it for less than a lakh, for sure.
Old 12th April 2013, 17:46   #7047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Guys, I have a 97 Zen in Blore, pampered like anything on Meguiar's on my bi-annual visits, The white on the car dazzles like brand new, and has new Amaron Battery, Sony Music System, Auto Cop and four - brand new tyres.Wont part with it for less than a lakh, for sure.
Hello Sebring,

Considering the high prices in Bangalore used car market, you can expect approx Rs. 90,000 to 1,00,000 for your 97 Maruti Zen, if you manage to find a direct buyer.

A similar car in Mumbai will not fetch more than Rs. 70,000.

Thanks,
Old 13th April 2013, 01:50   #7048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Sebring,

Considering the high prices in Bangalore used car market, you can expect approx Rs. 90,000 to 1,00,000 for your 97 Maruti Zen, if you manage to find a direct buyer.

A similar car in Mumbai will not fetch more than Rs. 70,000.

Thanks,
Even 70,000 would be a bit optimistic figure. Recently, my dad's friend sold, his 97 Zen, with a good music system, New ac compressor, Good condition, 97k done for 50,000, and ya not to an dealer. He was the 2nd owner.

I hope it helps.
Old 13th April 2013, 03:39   #7049
BHPian

What can I expect for my DL reg 2004 Santro xing xs(top model) with ABS done 58k. The car has new tyres and 9 years of NCB.
Old 13th April 2013, 22:07   #7050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya_911 View Post
What can I expect for my DL reg 2004 Santro xing xs(top model) with ABS done 58k. The car has new tyres and 9 years of NCB.
If you plan to sell the car to buy a new one, be advised *NOT TO* yield the NCB as part of the realized sale. With 9 years of NCB, you can save several tens of thousands in insurance by transferring your NCB to new vehicle.
gsbhatia is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed