Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2013, 11:49   #7156
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Saketa,

In Mumbai March 2012 Certified Honda City 1.5 V MT with 18,000 kms on ODO is quoted at Rs. 7.85 lacs negotiable.

Now compare the above price to prices in Delhi where Taxes are far lower. I feel anyhing more than Rs. 7.75 lacs is not worth paying for the car you are referring beause afterall it is a second hand car. Also if you are paying Rs. 8 lacs for a second hand car, then why not extend your budget & buy a new car that will give you peace of mind for next couple of years.

Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Saketa,
The max. I would pay for this car is 8-8.25L,not a penny more. Although,a cracker of a deal would be around the 7.75L mark.

Regards,
Varun

Regards,
Varun

Thanks for your input guys. There is sort of a communication gap though. This is a company car which I now have the option of either selling as 1st owner car or just transferring it to my name as I am no longer associated with the company so I can't hold on to it beyond 15th May. I will be heading back in July sometime. So I'm sort of confused as to whether I should just keep the car because its in excellent condition but transfer and suffer the resale hit. Or keep it. So i wouldnt want to sell it for too low a price. I was thinking anything about 7.8 lakhs would be acceptable price. What do you guys think?
Old 30th April 2013, 12:18   #7157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa View Post
Or keep it. So i wouldnt want to sell it for too low a price. I was thinking anything about 7.8 lakhs would be acceptable price. What do you guys think?
Hello Saketa,

If you are going to continue to stay in the same city then better transfer it in your name, as the car is in excellent condition.

But if you are moving back to Hyderabad, then better sell it off for approx Rs. 7.75 lacs & buy a new Car in your home town.

Thanks,
Old 30th April 2013, 13:27   #7158
BHPian

Friends,
I need some help in deciding on exchange of Scorpio SLE with Ritz VXI this weekend.

My Scorpio SLE is 2011 registered. Has following accessories like Carryboy nudge bar, Hella 5000 series fitted, Marvin Leather seat covers.
It has run 28500 kms, very well maintained.
I am expecting 9.5 Lakhs for this Scorpio.

I want to go for hatchback and fixed to Ritz VXI or i10 1.2 Sportz.
Probably, I should get 2011 Ritz or i10 for 4+ lakhs.

Purpose is to close a heavy loan on Scorpio and settle for loan-less Ritz/i10.

Please suggest how much can I expect on 2011 Scorpio resale and how much can I settle a good Ritz VXI or i10 Sportz of 2011 model.
Old 30th April 2013, 14:30   #7159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Friends,
I need some help in deciding on exchange of Scorpio SLE with Ritz VXI this weekend.
Hello BS76,
9.5L for a 2011 Scorpio is a bit over optimistic, in my humble opinion. I am assuming that the purchase price of an SLE in 2011 would have been around 10-10.25L.
So a realistic price will be around 8-8.25L, max 8.5L. That too if you sell to a pvt. buyer. If you sell to a dealer then around 8L.I suggest you sell the Hella's separately.
Bhp'ians please correct if I'm wrong.

You can get a Ritz Vxi 2011 for around 4-4.25L & i10 for around 4.25-4.5L. I personally prefer the Ritz cause, I guess, it has a little more space.

Regards,
Varun
Old 30th April 2013, 16:11   #7160
BHPian

@Powertrain - Thanks for your honest feedback.
In fact, I have paid 10.9L when I purchased Scorpio in 2011.
And in Bangalore prices are always high on new or used cars. Of course, depends on which car or brand.

Any suggestions from others would be helpful.
The seller (Maruti True value) of Ritz VXI 2011 is quoting 4.40L.
How much can I negotiate?
Old 30th April 2013, 16:46   #7161

Good day folks
I have decided to buy an used optra magnum in cochin. After searching I have been able to find 3 magnums that fit my budget. Now i am confused which one to select. Following are the details of all three cars.
1. 2008 LT Full option 68k second owner no accidents. Asking price by dealer: 4.7 lacs
2.2008 LS 71k single owner no accidents . Asking price by the owner :4.5 lacs
3.2009 LT Full option 82k single owner, front windshield renewed and patch work after a small accident (as per the owner) Asking price by the owner : 4.7 lacs
I am a bit wary to go for the one with the dealer. Next one is LS which doesnt have abs and airbag. Next one has met with accident. It is outright dilemma for me. Eagerly awaiting valuable suggestions and advice from all to finalise the deal.
Old 30th April 2013, 16:58   #7162
Senior - BHPian

What will be a good price for Alto K10 VXI June 2012 5000 kms run in Pune?
Old 30th April 2013, 17:34   #7163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And in Bangalore prices are always high on new or used cars. Of course, depends on which car or brand.

Hi
I would factor a 20% depreciation for the Scorpio because of Diesel + Top seller in the segment. That brings the price to around 8.75Lakhs. With the price rise having happened + the accessories you should expect between 8.75-9lakhs.

The only issue with selling an almost new car is the prospective buyer should be buying it out of own funds. Else he will be better off buying a new SLE because a new car loan interest rate will be far lower than a used car rate. Keep us posted once you sell your car on the exact price got.
Old 30th April 2013, 17:55   #7164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree83 View Post
Good day folks
I have decided to buy an used optra magnum in cochin. After searching I have been able to find 3 magnums that fit my budget. Now i am confused which one to select. Following are the details of all three cars.
1. 2008 LT Full option 68k second owner no accidents. Asking price by dealer: 4.7 lacs
3.2009 LT Full option 82k single owner, front windshield renewed and patch work after a small accident (as per the owner) Asking price by the owner : 4.7 lacs
I am a bit wary to go for the one with the dealer. Next one is LS which doesnt have abs and airbag. Next one has met with accident. It is outright dilemma for me. Eagerly awaiting valuable suggestions and advice from all to finalise the deal.
All of the cars you listed are highly overpriced. According to me, safety should be a priority and with a diesel rocket like the magnum, you should get abs and airbags also one of the benefits of buying a used car is that you can easily afford the top of the line variant :P
Do you have any details as to what kind of accident we are talking about here, minor? Or was there structural damage too? If it is just minor denting work them you can proceed to negotiate with the owner of the third car otherwise you will have to keep searching and relax, there are several optra magnums around
Old 30th April 2013, 18:24   #7165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The seller (Maruti True value) of Ritz VXI 2011 is quoting 4.40L. How much can I negotiate?
Hello Blackstallion76,

Frankly speaking Rs. 4.4 lacs for a 2011 Ritz Vxi is very high. Instead why not purchase a new WagonR K10 Vxi for approx Rs. 4.70 lacs in Banglore.

Though the car is from True Value you should not pay more than Rs. 4.1 lacs for a Ritz which is already 2 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Hello Ani_meher,

Are you a seller or buyer?
A new Alto K10 Vxi is available for approx Rs. 4 lacs in Pune currently. If you are looking to buy the mentioned Car, then I will suggest to go for a new Car instead.

But if you are willing to sell your June 2012 Alto K10 Vxi with 5000 kms on ODO, then you can expect approx Rs. 3.35 - Rs. 3.5 lacs if you manage to find a direct buyer. Further I feel used car dealers will not offer you more than Rs. 3.15 lacs for this car.

Thanks,

Last edited by Jignesh : 30th April 2013 at 18:25. Reason: Information added
Old 30th April 2013, 18:50   #7166
BHPian

Greetings,

I've got a few OHC Vtec test-drives lined up for tomorrow and then over the next few days.

I've gone through the basic check-list of what I should be on the look-out for and once I narrow down on a car, I'll get a mechanic to take a look at it. However, I wanted to know what a good price would be to offer someone for an OHC Vtec, assuming it's in decent nick.

I've seen a couple of ads on Car-wale as well as in the classifieds section here for anything between 160k to 250k. Is that worth it? Should I even consider bargaining?
Old 30th April 2013, 18:54   #7167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree83 View Post
Good day folks
Hello S83,
Out of the 3 Magnum's that you've seen, I suggest you don't buy any of them. They are simply too overpriced for the value they offer. More ever the Optra has been discontinued since some time now. So if you plan to keep if for the next say, 5 yrs, then spares may be a problem. Try looking for a less mileage Optra.

The other option that you may want to chech out is a last gen Verna. It's almost as powerful as the Optra & because it's Hyundai, service may not be a problem

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Hi
I would factor a 20% depreciation for the Scorpio because of Diesel + Top seller in the segment. That brings the price to around 8.75Lakhs. With the price rise having happened + the accessories you should expect between 8.75-9lakhs.
Hello Narayan,
How I wish, you are proven right & I'm proven wrong!!

But the way these car dealers calculate is way different than what we think. You have calculated 20% for 2yrs. They calculate @ 30% minimum for 2 yrs. That's 15%p.a.,which comes to around 7.65L. It is around this price that they start negotiations.

Quote:
The only issue with selling an almost new car is the prospective buyer should be buying it out of own funds. Else he will be better off buying a new SLE because a new car loan interest rate will be far lower than a used car rate. Keep us posted once you sell your car on the exact price got.
Stallion, please talk to a dealer & post @ what price he is ready to buy, It will benefit this thread a lot.
Excellent point, Narayan. This is the exact reason the dealers give,when we sell a relatively new car. Their argument is that " Why would anyone want to buy a 2nd hand car@ higher interest, when he can buy a new car with similar money @ lower interest!!!" - And bring down the price!!

Regards,

Varun

Quote:

Hello BS,
4.4L for Ritz is insane. I suggest you look outside of Maruti T.V.
The max I would pay for it is 3.5-3.65L.
Regards,

Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Hello AM,
I presume,you are looking to buy the K10. A price of around 2.75-3.0L seems fair for the car.
BTW, how much is seller quoting?

Regards,
Varun

Last edited by Technocrat : 30th April 2013 at 20:24.
Old 1st May 2013, 00:12   #7168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
Hello All,

One of our Mgr is selling his Innova in Bangalore (KA regn). Here are the details :

KMS RUN: 33K
Variant: GX - 7 seater
Model : 2010
Accessories: Pioneer CD/USB/DVD player and reverse sensor.

I have not yet seen the vehicle, and I feel it may not be abused for sure and geniune km with single owner usage. I do not have details on tyres and insurance as of now, will update once I have it.

What is the best price to be offered as a prospective buyer. We have used a Innova before and because of financial needs have sold it. So the USP of the vehicle is known to us.

rgrds
prsn

Depending on the condition, I suggest that you can offer around INR 9-10 lacs/
Old 1st May 2013, 10:35   #7169
BHPian

How much should I pay for a Ford Fiesta 1.6 S in Hyderabad?Car is in good condition, single owner, 3 year old with 30k on the clock?
Old 1st May 2013, 21:53   #7170
BHPian

Greetings... again.

Tested 2 OHC VTECS today and here's a quick review (Asking price for both is 1.5L - Negotiable)

OHC VTEC 1:
Mileage: 63,000kms
Year of Manufacture: 2002
Car: Aside from needing a complete overhaul of the sear covers and cushions along with a look at the electricals (power windows, mirrors, etc...), a music system and probably a new paint job to bring it up to speed for 2013, there were only 2 things that bothered me:
1) The engine / throttle would cut out after about 4000/5000 rpm between 1st and 2nd gear. This happened only a few times and not all the time.
2) The dealership and his sales rep both said the car had not been modified, but the engine / exhaust definitely sounded modified. And the sound game from under the engine bay and not the back of the car. Sounded great though!

OHC VTEC 2:
Mileage: 83,000kms
Year of Manufacture: 2003
Car: This was in worse shape from every angle. Seemed completely stock, but I'll probably have to spend money doing up everything on the inside (at least in terms of cosmetics and comfort). The engine seemed fine except for the fact that I couldn't tell if the pick-up was normal or a little slow.
Downsides to this: No service history except the owners word and if I can get a mechanic to look at it, I'll probably have a better idea of what's what.

I am thinking of asking if we can close at 1.1-1.2lacs since I'll have to spend some cash doing it up. Is this advisable, or should I offer even less?

Most Viewed