Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2013, 15:23   #7306
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hello BHPians,

I was on the look out for a used car with a tight budget and have come across a couple of them. Request your help in determining a good price for the following, all are Karnataka Registered vehicles:

1. Oct 2006 - Honda City ZX VTEC - 58,000 kms done, single owner, comprehensive insurance, no accident history - what should be a good price for me to negotiate?

2. Mar 2007 - Honda City ZX VTEC - 55,000 kms done, single owner, comprehensive insurance, no accident history - what should be a good price for me to negotiate?

3. Jul 2005 - Baleno VXi - 60,000 kms done, second owner, new ICE, alloy wheels n tyres, not sure about the insurance whether 3rd party or comp - how much should I pay for this car?

4. Nov 2005 - Baleno VXi - 70,000 kms done, second owner, well maintained, comprehensive insurance - how much should I pay for this car?

Also if I decide to go for either of the cars, considering that I'm not going through a dealer or any broker, how do I go about transferring the documents to my name?

Request your help and advice.

Thanks,
Si1ver0ne
Old 16th May 2013, 15:49   #7307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haste View Post
. What are the other charges I can face for transfer.
For name transfer I paid 800 INR to a agent (from Chennai RTO to Tirupur RTO) but the actual fee at RTO is 110 or 150 INR.
And for Insurance transfer I don't remember the exact fee, it was less than 100 INR (New India Assurance)
Old 16th May 2013, 15:58   #7308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by si1ver0ne View Post
Hello BHPians,

I was on the look out for a used car with a tight budget and have come across a couple of them. Request your help in determining a good price for the following, all are Karnataka Registered vehicles:

1. Oct 2006 - Honda City ZX VTEC - 58,000 kms done, single owner, comprehensive insurance, no accident history - what should be a good price for me to negotiate?

2. Mar 2007 - Honda City ZX VTEC - 55,000 kms done, single owner, comprehensive insurance, no accident history - what should be a good price for me to negotiate?

3. Jul 2005 - Baleno VXi - 60,000 kms done, second owner, new ICE, alloy wheels n tyres, not sure about the insurance whether 3rd party or comp - how much should I pay for this car?

4. Nov 2005 - Baleno VXi - 70,000 kms done, second owner, well maintained, comprehensive insurance - how much should I pay for this car?

Also if I decide to go for either of the cars, considering that I'm not going through a dealer or any broker, how do I go about transferring the documents to my name?

Thanks,
Si1ver0ne
Hi
First off pls drop the above Balenos from your short list. Have seen many posts in the forum on difficulty to get Balenos parts. The interiors are pretty ordinary too. For the City ZX you should look to pay between 3.5-3.7 Lakhs based on Bangalore prices. Have these cars got new tyres ? The ZX Vtec is a spirited engine with good power + FE
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 20:19   #7309
BANNED

Quote:
Hello BHPians,

I would advise you to go the City. The newe one looks good, also check other parts like Tyres, batteries etc if they need replacement. As bad as the used car market is for petrol cars, you could be looking at under 4 lacs at the most.
Near 3.5-3.75 would be a sweet deal for the hassle free car that the City is.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 22:08   #7310
BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHPians,

Thanks,
Si1ver0ne
Anytime Honda it should be considering the reliability and it ages really well. Baleno yeah could have been considered if it was say 50k km run or so and but both are second owners. So the re-sale will be hit once you plans to sell it compared to ZX Vtecs single owners. But Baleno is never a bad choice. Actually it's little outdated in design and an underdog in its segment, that's all. Spares are another issue, as I know from my cousins.

Vtecs are priced a notch higher than non-vtec City ZX, so considering the 50-55k km (its nothing for Honda) range 3.75-4 should be prices quoted by seller. To make it a sweet deal for you, try to keep it within 3.5 or so. To tell you Honda will never disappoint you (if not unknown Amaze- on a lighter note) that too the proven bread and butter model - City in its stable. And ZX Vtecs are good in power and FE.

regards
prsn
Old 17th May 2013, 14:52   #7311
BHPian

Guys, what do you think my car will fetch:-

Car - Toyota Etios
Variant - VD (Diesel)
Color - Black
Brought - Jan 2012
Run - 16,500 kms
Extra Acc. - Reverse Sensors
Service History - Full
Accidents - None
Scratches - Minor
Insurance - 0% Dep (Unclaimed)

Any suggessions will be highly appreciated

Regards,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 17th May 2013 at 15:03.
Old 17th May 2013, 14:59   #7312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post

Car - Toyota Etios
Variant - VD
Color - Black
Brought - Jan 2012
Run - 16,500 kms
Service History - Full
Accidents - None
Scratches - Minor

Regards,
Varun
What was the on-road price when you bought the vehicle bro?
Seeing the current trend for an Etios diesel you can easily get around 4.20-4.30 lakhs. My friend recently sold his Etios diesel 10 months old for 4.50 lakhs in Kolkata.
Old 17th May 2013, 15:06   #7313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
What was the on-road price when you bought the vehicle bro?
Seeing the current trend for an Etios diesel you can easily get around 4.20-4.30 lakhs. My friend recently sold his Etios diesel 10 months old for 4.50 lakhs in Kolkata.
WHAT!!!
An Etios Diesel went for just 4.2L??!! Are you sure? I paid around 8.35L in 2012. That a reduction of 50% in just 18 months. Can you re-confirm?
Regards,
Varun
Old 17th May 2013, 15:07   #7314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Car - Toyota Etios. Variant - VD (Diesel)
Color - Black. Brought - Jan 2012. Run - 16,500 kms
Hello Varun,

Are you seriously planning to sell that Black beauty?

Anyways you should expect atleast Rs. 5.6 - 5.9 lacs for your Jan 2012 Toyota Etios VD with 16,500 on ODO.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2013, 15:10   #7315
BHPian

Quote:
WHAT!!!
An Etios Diesel went for just 4.2L??!! Are you sure? I paid around 8.35L in 2012. That a reduction of 50% in just 18 months. Can you re-confirm?
Regards,
Varun
My apologizes I mis-typed.. was on a call with someone
Its 8.20 lakhs, My apologizes again.
Inconvenience regretted
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2013, 15:12   #7316
BHPian

Quote:

Car - Toyota Etios
Variant - VD (Diesel)
Color - Black
Brought - Jan 2012
Run - 16,500 kms
Service History - Full
Accidents - None
Scratches - Minor

Regards,
Varun
Have you asked Toyota about it? An individual buyer would definitely pay more than what Toyota quotes. Any reason why you are getting rid of it?

Last edited by sups : 17th May 2013 at 15:14.
sups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2013, 15:15   #7317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
Have you asked Toyota about it? An individual buyer would definitely pay more than what Toyota quotes. Any reason why you are getting rid of it?

4.5L will be too less a price for 17K run Etios VD. Are we talking about 40% depreciation in less than 1.5 years? I am surprised.
I apologized for the above post brother. I meant 8.5L due to the call I just mis-typed the thing.

Inconvenience regretted
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2013, 17:43   #7318
BHPian

Quote:

Car - Toyota Etios
Variant - VD (Diesel)
Color - Black
Brought - Jan 2012
Run - 16,500 kms
Service History - Full
Accidents - None
Scratches - Minor

Regards,
Varun
Your car is just 1.5 years old so the depreciation hit will be big.
If you paid 8.35 then expect around 6-6.2 but try to sell it to a private buyer.
Dealers might offer a bit less. Similar to the amount Jignesh said.
StrangeWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2013, 18:30   #7319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck
...considering the 50-55k km (its nothing for Honda)
Not to nitpick, but just to put things in context. 50K kms is nothing for cars from almost any car manufacturer today - no Honda-specific feature. Infact, 50K kms is just about basic usage in a car's life - no great shake. Just to give an example, we have a 3.5lakh km run Esteem on the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by si1ver0ne
1. Oct 2006 - Honda City ZX VTEC - 58,000 kms done, single owner, comprehensive insurance, no accident history
2. Mar 2007 - Honda City ZX VTEC - 55,000 kms done, single owner, comprehensive insurance, no accident history
3. Jul 2005 - Baleno VXi - 60,000 kms done, second owner, new ICE, alloy wheels n tyres, not sure about the insurance whether 3rd party or comp -
4. Nov 2005 - Baleno VXi - 70,000 kms done, second owner, well maintained, comprehensive insurance
For the Balenos, you will be 3rd owner and so while selling it could be a big hit on resale. Plus since they have gone through 2 owners, the probability of the cars being in a comparitively shoddier state than the single-owner Citys is higher. Plus interiors are plain (some like it that way too) compared to the better interiors of the City. Otherwise, when it comes to driving pleasure (city plodding or quick sprints) the Baleno is the better car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by si1ver0ne
This is OT here - I think there is a thread for this. But in short, look up the RTO website for your state, print out the relevant documents, get them signed by the seller & submit with the required fee at the RTO. Fairly simple process.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 17th May 2013 at 18:45.
Old 17th May 2013, 18:56   #7320
BHPian

BHPians need some assistance here. Please respond to me ASAP becasue i need to quote a price by end of this week

I have shortlisted Vento HighLine Diesel. How much should i Quote?

Color - Blue
Bought - May 2012
Run - 13,500 kms
Service History - Full
Accidents - None
Scratches - Minor
Insurance - To be paid for this year which would cost me another 26K

Thanks everybody in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks