Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2009, 10:03   #721
BHPian

You have to go to the RTO every year for FC (Fitness Certificate), moreover the policeman/junta on road will treat you like a taxi driver...

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedguy View Post
Also does antbody know if there are any problems with buying a car registered as a tourist vehicle, for personal use.
Old 14th April 2009, 11:00   #722
BHPian

Confused guy, you are not confused now.

You have selected the perfect options.

both NHC & Corolla are great cars.

Both will have a long life to go.

But Corolla is one segment ahead of city, will feel like a real luxury car.

Also *** & spare cost is not that much.

So, if you are ok with the TD & condition of the car, go for corolla.

Check the carwale price for your city & try to negotiate.

Best of luck.
Old 14th April 2009, 11:18   #723
BHPian

So is 4L a good price for the corolla that i mentioned?
Old 14th April 2009, 14:55   #724
BHPian

Somebody reply fast I told the guy I ll be getting back to him by evening today.
Old 14th April 2009, 15:25   #725
Team-BHP Support

4L is ok price, if its a clean car (including tires, battery) try negotiating also 3.75-3.8 would be a great deal. And hope its a private registered car right? asking since you mentioned tourist reg for private in another post.
Old 14th April 2009, 23:18   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
4L is ok price, if its a clean car (including tires, battery) try negotiating also 3.75-3.8 would be a great deal. And hope its a private registered car right? asking since you mentioned tourist reg for private in another post.
Nope this is a different one. The tourist vehicle is a 2008 H1 for 4.6L. Sounded irresistible before i posted here!
Old 15th April 2009, 13:42   #727
BHPian

Hi Guys,

One of my friend is looking for a used Accent in Delhi.

On finding, there is this individual ( not a used car dealer ) who stays near our office who is selling his Accent for 3.3 lakhs, done 43000kms, 2005 model.

The car is fine to look at and drive.

What do you guys think about the price?
Old 15th April 2009, 13:52   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Hi Guys,

One of my friend is looking for a used Accent in Delhi.

On finding, there is this individual ( not a used car dealer ) who stays near our office who is selling his Accent for 3.3 lakhs, done 43000kms, 2005 model.

The car is fine to look at and drive.

What do you guys think about the price?
I think its on the higher side. you may be aware that ACCENT EXEC - new model is available at 4.99 ex showroom without factoring discounts. with that price, the 3.3 for 4 year old model is on higher side.

it should be more like 2.75-2.85 for very good condition vehicle
Old 2nd May 2009, 21:56   #729
BHPian

Pros and Cons of Picking up a Car siezed by a Bank...

Hi guys,

Would really appreciate your help on this one. Now we all know that certain more than optimistic individuals who love to live life beyond their means, end up buying cars they really can't afford. Half way through they default on the loan, get their car siezed and in comes the every opportunistic buyer (read me) who's always looking for a good deal.

Now my question is, what are the possible pitfalls of buying a car that has been siezed by a bank or a finance company? What are some of the things that I should check for an insist on to ensure I've a trouble free experience once I pick up the car.

Also once the insurance of a car has expired, how much of a hassle is it for the new owner to get the insurance done again. What are the likely complications?

Help a brother out!! Please answer all my questions in detail

Thanks for taking the time out. Cheers!!
Old 3rd May 2009, 09:00   #730
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonfish View Post
Hi guys,

Would really appreciate your help on this one. Now we all know that certain more than optimistic individuals who love to live life beyond their means, end up buying cars they really can't afford. Half way through they default on the loan, get their car siezed and in comes the every opportunistic buyer (read me) who's always looking for a good deal.

Now my question is, what are the possible pitfalls of buying a car that has been siezed by a bank or a finance company? What are some of the things that I should check for an insist on to ensure I've a trouble free experience once I pick up the car.

Also once the insurance of a car has expired, how much of a hassle is it for the new owner to get the insurance done again. What are the likely complications?

Help a brother out!! Please answer all my questions in detail

Thanks for taking the time out. Cheers!!

the car may not be transfered to your name. previous owner may create problem . but if someone is arranging the documents for you from previous owner than check the documents and buy the car
Old 3rd May 2009, 11:46   #731
Senior - BHPian

somebody told me that the banks have stopped selling seized cars now but i have confirm it

and about the papers the bank is the real owner of the car in the first place so i think it wouldn't be a much of a problem or the bank may help you in clearing of the papers
Old 3rd May 2009, 13:21   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
somebody told me that the banks have stopped selling seized cars now but i have confirm it

and about the papers the bank is the real owner of the car in the first place so i think it wouldn't be a much of a problem or the bank may help you in clearing of the papers
Yes, that was pretty much my understanding of it as well. The broker was telling me that it is always the bank that is the legal owner of the car at least until the loan is fully cleared.

So as long as the bank is transferring ownership of the car to me, there are not many complications that the owner of the car can create from a legal stand point.

Would love some validation of it though, from a few more folks out here.

Cheers!!
Old 3rd May 2009, 20:12   #733
BHPian

Hello,

Please help with the this car price

Toyota Innova V 2.0 Petrol 2005
28700 km
Company owned car transfered to company employee.
Employee had sold to current owner in Jan 08 for 7.5 lac.

That would make me the 4th owner on paper.

Owner has all service bills etc. Has not spent on anything expect regular maintainance.
ICE is a MP3 player. The second DIN has a cassette player. Both look like standard from toyota.

Has few scratches on the sides and couple of dents on back. Right side front bumper has a big scratch as if it has brushed against a wall.

Interiors were clean. However the panels where little black due to constant touching. Nothing which could not been cleaned by good cleaning fluid. Carpets were clean.
The seats had covers with stains on them ( from fuilds etc). The seats however where clean.

Tyres were stock bridgestone from 2005. My guess would last another 5-10k km easily.
Opened up the engine compartment. It was clean so visible leakages etc.

Engine was very smooth to drive :-). Big difference from Diesel Innova.

I quoted 5.3 lac. Owner wants 6. What do you guys think?
Old 4th May 2009, 14:38   #734
BHPian

Hi all,

I am looking for a used car , recently i visited a First Choice outlet and had a look at the 2004 Baleno 62K on the Odo , had a test drive the car is smooth. Asking price is 2.5L , what do you guys suggest is it a good deal.

Also there was a Getz GLS 1.3 2005 Model 42K on the Odo, asking price for the getz is 2.7 L. Is it worth it..?

Also read some review comments for the First choice dealers , not good though. Please give in your comments.

Regards
Raj
Old 4th May 2009, 15:37   #735
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedguy View Post
So is 4L a good price for the corolla that i mentioned?
Seems to be a good price. Do check if its flood affected and also if its the base model corolla. The Base model though reliable, one does feel that its more worthwhile to go for a higher spec model when buying second hand. the incrimental price is normally not too much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks