Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2013, 17:20   #7441
BANNED

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hello all... I am a new BHPian from Mumbai, and a first time car buyer in India. Recently, a used Ritz ZXI (2011) has come to my attention. Except for seat covers and door lips, the car is completely stock. It looks like a good vehicle with about 26000 KMs on it. Insurance expires next month.

I am thinking of offering 3.5 lacs. Does this sound alright to the knowledgeable people on this forum?

Would appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Additional info: At present, I don't clock more than 500 to 600 kms per month in commuting. Hence the decision to buy used. Maybe I will drive more if I have a car (the idea of driving from Mumbai to some place like Kerala has already crossed my mind).
Old 7th June 2013, 18:00   #7442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Hello all... I am a new BHPian from Mumbai, and a first time car buyer in India. Recently, a used Ritz ZXI (2011) has come to my attention. Except for seat covers and door lips, the car is completely stock. It looks like a good vehicle with about 26000 KMs on it. Insurance expires next month.

I am thinking of offering 3.5 lacs. Does this sound alright to the knowledgeable people on this forum?

Would appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Additional info: At present, I don't clock more than 500 to 600 kms per month in commuting. Hence the decision to buy used. Maybe I will drive more if I have a car (the idea of driving from Mumbai to some place like Kerala has already crossed my mind).
Welcome to t-bhp
Since you do not drive too much, why not get a fun car
3.5 lakhs is a very good budget, especially for a petrol car these days
check out this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...pees-less.html

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 7th June 2013 at 18:07.
Old 7th June 2013, 18:07   #7443
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Welcome to t-bhp
Since you do not drive too much, why not get a fun petrol sedan
3.5 lakhs is a very good budget.
check out this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...pees-less.html
Thank you for that tip about the sedans. But, I would appreciate feedback on whether the price I am thinking of is a fair one for a 2011 Ritz ZXI with some 24000 kms on the odo, seat covers, and door lips.
Old 7th June 2013, 21:45   #7444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for that tip about the sedans. But, I would appreciate feedback on whether the price I am thinking of is a fair one for a 2011 Ritz ZXI with some 24000 kms on the odo, seat covers, and door lips.
Mohan- I think the price is pretty good. What's the price quoted by the seller ?
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2013, 00:09   #7445
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Mohan- I think the price is pretty good. What's the price quoted by the seller ?
The seller is asking for 4,10,000
Old 9th June 2013, 01:47   #7446
BHPian

Quote:

Hello Mohan,
3.5L for a 2011 Zxi is a little too low,I believe. A fair price would be around 3.75L.
Please consider a diesel only if you plan to make outstation trips frequently. If it’s just once a year, a petrol is better.
You’ve not mentioned your budget. If it’s around 4.75L, in diesel you can get a Ritz Vdi ABS for around 4.75L.

Hoping from a mohansrides to mohansdrives soon!!!

Regards,
Varun.
powertrain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2013, 02:04   #7447
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Mohan,
3.5L for a 2011 Zxi is a little too low,I believe. A fair price would be around 3.75L.
Please consider a diesel only if you plan to make outstation trips frequently. If it’s just once a year, a petrol is better.
You’ve not mentioned your budget. If it’s around 4.75L, in diesel you can get a Ritz Vdi ABS for around 4.75L.

Hoping from a mohansrides to mohansdrives soon!!!

Regards,
Varun.
Thank you Varun. The market is a wonderfully organic, self-adjusting entity. It turns out that the price you've suggested may be what I will end up paying once the deal is all done and dusted.... :-)

Will keep you all posted.

Incidentally, I never even considered buying a diesel car. Guess, it's just not my thing.
Old 9th June 2013, 09:33   #7448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Powertrain,
Thanks your reply. It was not an issue of the price of diesel. The car just came up for sale and I was tempted. Like I said in my last post this will be a third car used for a max of 100 Kms per week and given to any of my friends to use when they come to visit rather than hiring a car at Rs. 1000/= per day. I know it's not advisable to buy a 10 year old car period, but, for 60K I thought it might be worth considering.
Regards,
SS
Start your bargain at 35k considering the age of the car, the fact that the a/c doesnt work, the interiors have mildew and need cleaning and its not been running for so long etc etc. Bargain and end up at a final of 45k. Within 45k the car seems pretty reasonable to me.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2013, 22:55   #7449
Senior - BHPian

What is the price range of a well maintained 2012 Nov Ertiga VDI with 7200 km in Bangalore?
Old 10th June 2013, 00:28   #7450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
What is the price range of a well maintained 2012 Nov Ertiga VDI with 7200 km in Bangalore?
I think 8lacs to 8.5 should be a fairly reasonable price for both the parties concerned.

But a brand new Ertiga LDi is 9.3L and a VDi is 10.1L on road in Bangalore.
Considering you will have to pay a lumpsum for this used Ertiga,getting a brand new one would seem like a good idea to me.
rowhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 10:00   #7451
BHPian

Hi guys. I am from Trivandrum. I need to know what would be a good price for a used Tata Nano. The car I'm looking at is a Jan 2012 CX model. It has run 16000 km and has been serviced regularly. Owner is asking for 85K. Is the price OK? How low should I negotiate?
Old 10th June 2013, 10:34   #7452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Hi guys. I am from Trivandrum. I need to know what would be a good price for a used Tata Nano. The car I'm looking at is a Jan 2012 CX model. It has run 16000 km and has been serviced regularly. Owner is asking for 85K. Is the price OK? How low should I negotiate?
Hello Vivek,
Is the model you're looking the "2012 Nano",as TATA marketed it or a 2011 model? There were quite a few changes done on the 2012 model vis-a-vis 2011 model.
Although the price seems OK,a VFM price will be around 60K's.
Regards,
Varun
powertrain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 10:40   #7453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Vivek,
Is the model you're looking the "2012 Nano",as TATA marketed it or a 2011 model? There were quite a few changes done on the 2012 model vis-a-vis 2011 model.
Although the price seems OK,a VFM price will be around 60K's.
Regards,
Varun
I'm going to see the vehicle today. Acc to the owner, the vehicle is 2011 model registered in 2012 January, so I'm guessing it is not the 2012 Nano. I asked at a TASC and they told me that there's a kit available to convert the old models to 2012 spec. Have to go through the 2012 Nano thread and see if it's worth it. Thanks for the pricing info. I'll try for around 60-70k.
Old 10th June 2013, 22:45   #7454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Congrats on your purchase . T-Jet is great vehicle. How much did you paid for it. Drive Safe.
Thanks Saurabh. I paid 5.5 , it's an Oct 2010 make TJet+ , so one the earliest Tjets sold in India.
Old 10th June 2013, 23:24   #7455
BHPian

Tried to inspect a Nano today which was posted for sale on OLX.in, but the guy's phone was now switched off. I ended up going to Kulathunkal Motors to see if they had any Nanos in their used car section. They had a beige Dec 2011 model LX, with only 5000 kms on the clock. Apparently, a guy traded in two of his cars, one of which was the Nano, and bought a new Safari! Had a test drive, and it was fine for a Nano. It was noisy, and the steering was hard, but that's probably because I'm comparing it to our Indigo.

Coming to the price, the guy was asking for 1.15L. He claims that they paid 1.1L for it, and is offering one year of warranty from the dealer. I tried bargaining, but the lowest he was willing to go was 1.1L. Tata has loyalty bonuses for almost all their vehicles, and I suspected that the previous owner got that loyalty bonus, and that's what he's adding to the price that he's quoting.

I called up my friend who works at Indus Motors TrueValue, texted him the details of the car, and asked him what I should offer. He said, not more than 60K! Said they had sold a 2011 Nano for 70K the week before! The dealer was asking for nearly double the market price. I've just texted him, offered 60K and asked him to call back if he was interested. He probably won't. But now I have a better idea of what the market is like.

The absolute lack of resale of Tata Nano makes it a steal as a used car. Imagine paying less than the price of a 150cc motorcycle for a car less than 2 years old!

I think I'll wait for the 2013 Nano to be released next month, which will likely take the prices further down south. I'll probably be able to get a proper 2012 model for this price by then. Thanks everyone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks