Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2013, 02:19   #7456
BANNED

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Mohan,
3.5L for a 2011 Zxi is a little too low,I believe. A fair price would be around 3.75L.
Please consider a diesel only if you plan to make outstation trips frequently. If it’s just once a year, a petrol is better.
You’ve not mentioned your budget. If it’s around 4.75L, in diesel you can get a Ritz Vdi ABS for around 4.75L.

Hoping from a mohansrides to mohansdrives soon!!!

Regards,
Varun.
Mission accomplished.

Thanks to the members of this forum, I got a good idea about what a fair price would be. I finally closed the deal at 3.68 + cost of insurance (it had lapsed just this week). I am happy that I found a used piece of the make and model I wanted with all the safety features that are so important to me.

The previous owners have appeared to have taken care of it very well. No big scratches or dents in 2 years of ownership.

I plan on adding side and bumper mouldings, a reverse parking sensor with a camera, and maybe a spoiler. Aside from that, I don't think think that the car needs anything. If all goes well, I may change to 195 tires when these treads wear out.

Once again, thanks to all Narayan and powertrain (Varun) for guiding me.

P.S.

The Ritz has nicely up-market feel to it; especially love the back-lit steering wheel audio controls. Before I found this one used, I test drove a new Ritz and a new Honda Brio. There were some nice things about the Brio (the back is an acquired taste, I think). But, I could not believe that the steering wheel controls in the Brio were not back-lit. It was 8 PM and I had to keep repeatedly peering closely at the steering audio buttons to distinguish the volume button from the channel selector. This kind of defeats the purpose of having steering wheel audio controls to help drivers keep their eyes on the road, I think.
mohansrides is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2013, 08:30   #7457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Mission accomplished.

Thanks to the members of this forum, I got a good idea about what a fair price would be. I finally closed the deal at 3.68 + cost of insurance (it had lapsed just this week).
Well done. Wish you a happy ownership ahead. Your next destination should be the Initial ownership thread + what FE are you getting thread !
Old 11th June 2013, 09:18   #7458
BHPian

Planning on my first car. I was hoping to get New Ritz Zxi at 6.5L. But then confused whether to go for a used diesel.

What should be fair price for Ford-Figo Titanium models listed below ?

2012 - 16000Kms Run - Bangalore.
2011 - 29000Kms Run - Bangalore.
Old 11th June 2013, 09:36   #7459
BHPian

I'm picking up a white Nov 07 Honda CRV 2.4 MT for 8.30 lacs . It has done 78000 kms. Tyres need replacement pretty soon.
Old 11th June 2013, 10:37   #7460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by claxtoncorreya View Post
I'm picking up a white Nov 07 Honda CRV 2.4 MT for 8.30 lacs . It has done 78000 kms. Tyres need replacement pretty soon.
Hello claxtoncorreya,
Pretty steep price for a car done 78000 kms. I not too aware of Bangy prices,but the max I would pay is around 7.25-7.5L.
But you are happy & that's what matters!!
Happy motoring & do put up a review!!

Regards,
Varun
Old 11th June 2013, 11:23   #7461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hector View Post
Planning on my first car. I was hoping to get New Ritz Zxi at 6.5L. But then confused whether to go for a used diesel.
What should be fair price for Ford-Figo Titanium models listed below ?
2012 - 16000Kms Run - Bangalore. 2011 - 29000Kms Run - Bangalore.
Hello Hector,

If your monthly Car usage is more than 700 / 800 kms, I will definitely suggest to go for a used Diesel car.

Regarding Ford Figo Titanium (assuming both are Diesel Cars) below are the fair prices (considering high used car prices in Bangalore):

2012 - 16,000 kms - Rs. 5,40,000
2011 - 29,000 kms - Rs. 5,00,000

Thanks,
Old 11th June 2013, 12:14   #7462
BHPian

Hi All,

I am in the market for a used petrol car to replace our ageing M-800 5-speed (Sep 2000 model).

The usage is primarily in the city by my dad with very few highway trips thrown in. Expecting it not to run more than 5500 - 6000 kms in a year.

Our usual highway partner is a 2011 Figo Tdci.

Another requirement is the capacity to pull strongly with a full load (5 pax + luggage) and AC running. This single requirement is ruling out a brand new Alto 800 / K10 (I may be wrong on the K10 though).

Budget is 3 to 3.5 lacs (including the proceeds from selling off the M-800) for a used car.

Finally the question I want to ask you guys is this - With my budget, what vintage of Swift Zxi (yes, I am eyeing Swifts and particular on the Zxi) can I expect to buy?

There is a 2007 model Swift Zxi with 55000 kms on the clock available.

What is a realistic price for this car? Owner is expecting about 3.5 lacs.
Old 11th June 2013, 13:21   #7463
BHPian

2007 Toyota Camry W2 AT, run approximately 46K kms, in Bangalore, 2nd Owner - what is a good price?
Old 11th June 2013, 15:08   #7464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangre View Post
Hi All,

Hello Sangre,
3.5L is a bit overpriced,in my view,considering Bangy prices. 3-3.25L seems a better bet.
You choice of Swift is spot on I cannot think of a better alternative. Swift is a huge fun to drive car!!

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
2007 Toyota Camry W2 AT, run approximately 46K kms, in Bangalore, 2nd Owner - what is a good price?
Hello vasanthn21,
Around 7.75-8L seems like a fair price. BTW, how much is seller quoting? Do remember to check the service history.

Regards,
Varun
Old 11th June 2013, 15:47   #7465
BHPian

Looking for 800 and checking the below option, what would be fair price in Bangalore

Maruti 800 AC
Year 2009, Dec
ODO - 44K Kms
Any Accidents - No.
Single Owner - Yes
KA Registration - Yes
Insurance valid till - Dec 15, 2013
Accessories - Car seat cover, speakers
Expected Price quoted by owner - 1.65L
Old 11th June 2013, 15:54   #7466
BHPian

Quote:
Hello vasanthn21,
Around 7.75-8L seems like a fair price. BTW, how much is seller quoting? Do remember to check the service history.

Regards,
Varun
Seller is quoting 8.7, seems a bit high. I will get the service history from the service center, thanks for reminding.
Old 11th June 2013, 16:22   #7467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangre View Post

There is no way you should be paying that much for a 2007 Car. Is he the first owner? Anyway, there are more cars which haven't clocked as much as this one in the market for much cheaper a quick search on Sulekha got me these two http://goo.gl/6Ahrf and http://goo.gl/m5Lys and one on TBHP Classified http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ti/Swift.html/ All these cars have run little lesser than the car you're mentioning and may even be newer too.

However, I would suggest that you should also consider Maruti Ritz. There are many of them available in the market and it's a perfectly tall car for ageing people. And most of them will be newer than the swift. Here are a few results that I found out: http://goo.gl/hD5je and (slightly more expensive, but only 3 years old) http://goo.gl/6zlef

I assume this car would also be used for quite a few years, so get a younger car IMO
Old 11th June 2013, 16:58   #7468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasmhn View Post
Looking for 800 and checking the below option, what would be fair price in Bangalore

Expected Price quoted by owner - 1.65L
Hellosrinivasmhn,
You have not mentioned your budget?
However,In today's context,I believe that the M800 is too outdated. That's why in my opinion,1.65L is way overpriced. The max I would pay is around 1.25L.

Any reasons for shortlisting only M800's. You can get "hardly used" Tata Nano for around 1.5L . And it's way better than the 800 when it comes to space.Nano may also have warranty remaining!!!

If you're looking at Maruti cars only,you can also find Alto's for around 2L. You other alternative is a Chevy Spark.

Regards,
Varun
Old 11th June 2013, 17:07   #7469
BHPian

Quote:
Hellosrinivasmhn,
You have not mentioned your budget?
However,In today's context,I believe that the M800 is too outdated. That's why in my opinion,1.65L is way overpriced. The max I would pay is around 1.25L.

Any reasons for shortlisting only M800's. You can get "hardly used" Tata Nano for around 1.5L . And it's way better than the 800 when it comes to space.Nano may also have warranty remaining!!!

If you're looking at Maruti cars only,you can also find Alto's for around 2L. You other alternative is a Chevy Spark.

Regards,
Varun
Thanks for the response powertrain.
It is for my wife and will be used only for short trips of kids school drop-off. Not planning to spend more as the usage is not much and also i have a Ritz VDI already.
Not opting for Nano for reliability issues. Planning to buy only if less than 1.3 L if the condition is good.

- opting for this as school transport is very expensive
Old 11th June 2013, 17:10   #7470
BHPian

I am planning on trading my present car for a premium hatch. What is the best price I can get for a 2010 model, 3.5 year old Chevy Spark LS, driven for 14k km.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks