Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2013, 22:13   #7666
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

My friend is getting an offer for a 2007 Santro Xing Xl 25,000 Kms run, single owner for 1.72L in Vizag. Is it a good offer?
Old 5th July 2013, 22:15   #7667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullwingGT View Post
My friend is getting an offer for a 2007 Santro Xing Xl 25,000 Kms run, single owner for 1.72L in Vizag. Is it a good offer?
Hello GullwingGT,

Rs. 1.72 lacs for a 2007 Santro Xing with 25,000 kms on ODO is good price. Hope the car is currently owned by first owner & is in good condition. Also check whether the ODO reading is 25,000 kms is genuine.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 22:25   #7668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullwingGT View Post
As Vizag is a coastal area, the price seems to be appropriate. Such a Bangalore car can easily fetch 2.1L-2.25L easily.
VaahanYogi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 12:22   #7669
VKS
BHPian

What should be the fair price for single owned petrol i20 . Magna . Diamond black. 2009 model ?
Old 6th July 2013, 14:34   #7670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKS View Post
What should be the fair price for single owned petrol i20 . Magna . Diamond black. 2009 model ?
Hello VKS,
You've not mentioned the kms covered, condition & any acc. installed in your car. Without this info it would be tough to predict a price.

Regards,
Varun
Old 6th July 2013, 16:58   #7671
VKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post

Hello VKS,
You've not mentioned the kms covered, condition & any acc. installed in your car. Without this info it would be tough to predict a price.

Regards,
Varun
Thx Varun . It has covered 26500 km all driven by me . It's all in stock form with no after market modifications and its in excellent condition .

Reason for selling is relocation out of town and its difficult driving an out of station car in cities these days . Stupid RTO rules .
Old 6th July 2013, 17:21   #7672
BANNED

Quote:
Thx Varun . It has covered 26500 km all driven by me . It's all in stock form with no after market modifications and its in excellent condition .

Reason for selling is relocation out of town and its difficult driving an out of station car in cities these days . Stupid RTO rules .
Then why sell it? Transfer it to the new city if you have no problem with the car itself.
You will have to take a major depreciation hit if you choose to sell your car.
Old 6th July 2013, 17:26   #7673
VKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post

Then why sell it? Transfer it to the new city
That's always an option but I need to pay 35k as road tax and 20 k as packer and mover charges , believe 55k will be more than the depreciation hit for a 4 year old Car.
Old 7th July 2013, 15:42   #7674
Distinguished - BHPian

One of my friend is planning to sell his i10 and hence would like to know the best price for the same. Below are some details,

Hyundai i10 car
- Sportz
- Kappa engine
- 2009 model
- Grey colour
- 20812 km as on 18/6/2013
- Inbuilt stereo
- Excellent condition(there is one deep scratch on the back bumper)
- 2nd owner.
Old 7th July 2013, 19:06   #7675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello jacs,
Apart from the 1.3L kms on the odo,how is the mechanical condition of the accent?
If the condition is OK as of now, I think, it's better to spend around 50K's & bring the accent to excellent condition. I think even after 2-2.5 years you can sell the accent at around 1-1.25L.

The reason I'm not suggesting the Fusion is because I've heard that the spares are not easily available & are costly, especially body parts & lights. My friend's FIL had a Fusion petrol & this was the case.

This ,I believe will save a lot of money for the Skoda. If you think that the Accent requires more than 50K's, then sell it off for the Fusion.

Whatever the case I don't think the Fusion is worth more than 2.25L.

Regards,
Varun
Hi Varun,

Accent is doing good as on today except a worn out tie-rod end which needs replacement. Hyundai A.S.S. is not suspecting any major work immediately. Fuel efficiency is still good as 14-15kmpl in city and 17-19kmpl on highways. Horses are not as fast as when it was 10 years back but no issues felt still. Suspensions are working fine without noise. New front tyres and battery. Overall clean exteriors interiors considering a 10 year old car.

I went to Kochi Ford A.S.S. with another long term Ford customer who used his relationship to pull out the end to end service records of the Fusion. Its company maintained and hence up to date. All parts replaced then and there when issue reported. New clutch, brake pads, AC work done. Oil sump had a leak after under belly hit somewhere and all related parts replaced. Car is still in warranty till November 2013. Front tyres are relatively new. New Battery. Interiors are reasonably good, a shampoo cleanup should suffice. Service Manager is not anticipating any work in near future. And yes he appraised on the shortage of body parts for Fusion and hence cautioned 2 weeks added delay comparing to Fiesta but no unavailability issues. Only let down is the exterior! Many minor stratches, 4-5 deep scrateches, 2-3 small dents. Thanks to city driving.

Then I checked with a car reseller in my hometown with details of both cars. He quoted 150K for my Accent after checking and 320K for the Fusion blindly . So his target sale price would be atleast 180K and 350K after the basic patch fixing right?

Here is my calculation if I decide to buy Fusion and sell Accent.
Cost of Fusion : INR 300,000 (They made it clear that no further negotiations!)
Cost of Accent : INR 150,000 (A direct buyer might offer 20 or 30K more?)
Cost difference : INR 150,000
Anticipated investment for touch and polish removing dents : INR 15,000 (A good painting shop agreed to get another coat done for 15K in worst case)
Total Investment : INR 165,000 is what I lose

What I get from this deal as per all the details till date.
Peace of mind for next 40,000KMs/next 2-3 years except rear tyres.
Peace of mind can be improved by investing on Renewal AMC while Warranty expires on Nov 2013.
More comfortable seating position compared to Accent
Ease of parking in City
Cheaper regular services (Accent used to cost me atleast 5-6K where Fusion TDCI looks around 3-4K in Kochi without any major works)

Last edited by jacs : 7th July 2013 at 19:11.
Old 7th July 2013, 19:16   #7676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's always an option but I need to pay 35k as road tax and 20 k as packer and mover charges , believe 55k will be more than the depreciation hit for a 4 year old Car.
Spending 55K is more than the depreciation for a 4 year old i20?
How did you calculate?

Last edited by akshay4587 : 7th July 2013 at 19:17.
Old 7th July 2013, 22:29   #7677
BHPian

I'm on the lookout for a used XUV and I've found a 2nd owner XUV W6, November 2011, run around 28000 km. Asking price 8.5 lakhs..
I currently own a 2006 Scorpio SLX Crde and found more rattling in the XUV. I've read the thread around niggles and I wonder if its really worth upgrading from a Scorpio to the XUV.
I'm guessing I would need to shell at least 4.5 to 5 lakhs to replace the Scorpio with a used XUV. Is this money well spent or should I stick with the Scorpio...
Old 8th July 2013, 00:22   #7678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by numerouno View Post
I'm on the lookout for a used XUV and I've found a 2nd owner XUV W6, November 2011, run around 28000 km. Asking price 8.5 lakhs..
I currently own a 2006 Scorpio SLX Crde and found more rattling in the XUV. I've read the thread around niggles and I wonder if its really worth upgrading from a Scorpio to the XUV.
I'm guessing I would need to shell at least 4.5 to 5 lakhs to replace the Scorpio with a used XUV. Is this money well spent or should I stick with the Scorpio...
A second owner car done only 28000kms? I am not doubting the reading but have you asked yourself why it is being sold? It is a brilliant product and I believe in Mahindra but there is no denying its flaws and this one could be plagued with several of them.
I know it might not sound very interesting, but if you are on the lookout for a used SUV with a premium feel, why not search for a Nisan X-trail in diesel form? It would be a proper upgrade. Sure it might be a little hard to find one and they would have done upwards of 60000kms but they are absolutely reliable and will outlast an XUV, it's diesel motor is frugal, lovely to drive, bloody quick, has good gear ratios, is really comfy and don't be fooled, it can do some pretty demanding tasks off-road too.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 8th July 2013 at 00:29.
Old 10th July 2013, 22:14   #7679

Need help experts. What would be a good price to pay for a Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7 - late 2003 facelift model (it came with a few more horses and was decidedly better looking than the pre-facelift). Its under second ownership as of now and done a little over 80,000km.

Am yet to see the car, but would like to know a rough figure before I begin negotiations.
Old 11th July 2013, 04:40   #7680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right View Post
Need help experts. What would be a good price to pay for a Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7 - late 2003 facelift model (it came with a few more horses and was decidedly better looking than the pre-facelift). Its under second ownership as of now and done a little over 80,000km.

Am yet to see the car, but would like to know a rough figure before I begin negotiations.
Vitara does not command a good resale value due to the lesser number of vehicles on road, and this one is over 10 years old now. Keeping that in mind, I think you can get the car at a minimum price of around 3-4 lakhs. But if the condition is good and you like the vehicle, a maximum of 5-6 lakhs should still be fine (if its a diesel). I don't know if the vehicle is diesel or petrol. If petrol, you may get it for a little cheaper.
Its an estimate through my experience, I may be wrong though, but not by much. :-)
ahmad.007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks