Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2013, 16:08   #7786
BHPian

Hi guys. I need a little help from you all. I'm offered a dec 2007 octavia l&k with 45k kms for 4.75. The car is in good shape from the pictures. I couldn't go and check it out personally due to the rains here. I have been looking out for a good diesel vehicle for long. So pls tell me what would be the right price for it provided the car is in a good condition. I'm putting up the details:

Dec 07 octavia l&k black color. 45k kms. Last service done in July 12 @ 36k kms according to senator motors. It's a dealer car and he is expecting 4.75l.

I also noticed(online) that the same car visited two more dealer before(or maybe they have a connection) and he had quoted 5.25 and said car had done 41k kms. When I called him up he said it got sold for 4.75l. The other dealer said its sold but he can get it for me to have a look at quoted 4.85l. The third guy has it in his parking lot. Don't know if I should avoid it(since it has seen hands of many dealers) or just go for it. In a confused state. Pls help.
Old 24th July 2013, 16:52   #7787
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
NHC. Model: ZX Exi. Year: 2006. Color: Black. Mileage: 51000. Condition: Good. City: Delhi
Number of owners: 1
Hello,

If you sell your car to a used car dealer, you can expect Rs. 2 - Rs. 2.2 lacs for your 2006 Honda City Zx Exi with 51,000 on ODO. If you manage to find a direct buyer, you can get a higher price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetveer View Post
Dec 07 octavia l&k black color. 45k kms. Last service done in July 12 @ 36k kms according to senator motors. It's a dealer car and he is expecting 4.75l. I also noticed(online) that the same car visited two more dealer before
Hello,

The Price - Rs. 4.75 lacs for December 2007 Skoka Octavia L & K with just 45,000 on ODO seems good, provided service history is available & car is in good condition.

Regarding the car changing hands between dealers - this is very common in Mumbai used car market. Infact I saw my current car at a particular used car dealer in Malad but was turned off by the price he quoted. Surprisingly after couple of days I saw the same car with a Dealer in Kandivali, he offered a good price & we closed the deal. Since then it has been more than a year & the car is doing absolutely fine.

Thus if the Car is on good condition, with service history & no claim bonus on Insurance policy, follow your heart & go for it.

Thanks,
Old 24th July 2013, 17:51   #7788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello,

The Price - Rs. 4.75 lacs for December 2007 Skoka Octavia L & K with just 45,000 on ODO seems good, provided service history is available & car is in good condition.

Regarding the car changing hands between dealers - this is very common in Mumbai used car market. Infact I saw my current car at a particular used car dealer in Malad but was turned off by the price he quoted. Surprisingly after couple of days I saw the same car with a Dealer in Kandivali, he offered a good price & we closed the deal. Since then it has been more than a year & the car is doing absolutely fine.

Thus if the Car is on good condition, with service history & no claim bonus on Insurance policy, follow your heart & go for it.

Thanks,
Hello,

I spoke to a friend who owns an l&k he said price quoted is on the higher side. He said 4l is what I should offer. Any inputs?
Old 24th July 2013, 20:00   #7789
BHPian

After 2 years of deliberation, search, etc etc.. finally bought a pre-worshipped Civic.

My thanks to the multiple ownership reviews, specific inputs from forum members and also GTO's post of lateral upgrades.

Details of my new ride:

2006 April Model Honda Civic SMT
Leather seats and alloys
32,000 km
Full Service history at Whitefield Honda, all services done there
Single owner, owner driven (reason for sale: going to US)
Minor scratches of the front bumper
Some damage near the rear bumper (will need to replace it)
Final price: 6.6 lakhs

Really in good condition.

Will post a more detailed ownership report soon.

Now in the process of selling my 2008 Aug Logan DLX. Surprised to see the demand!!. Hoping to get around 3 lakhs to 3.2 lakhs
Ajith-s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 20:39   #7790
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys. I need a little help from you all. I'm offered a dec 2007 octavia l&k with 45k kms for 4.75. The car is in good shape from the pictures. I couldn't go and check it out personally due to the rains here. I have been looking out for a good diesel vehicle for long. So pls tell me what would be the right price for it provided the car is in a good condition. I'm putting up the details:

Dec 07 octavia l&k black color. 45k kms. Last service done in July 12 @ 36k kms according to senator motors. It's a dealer car and he is expecting 4.75l.

I also noticed(online) that the same car visited two more dealer before(or maybe they have a connection) and he had quoted 5.25 and said car had done 41k kms. When I called him up he said it got sold for 4.75l. The other dealer said its sold but he can get it for me to have a look at quoted 4.85l. The third guy has it in his parking lot. Don't know if I should avoid it(since it has seen hands of many dealers) or just go for it. In a confused state. Pls help.
I would say refrain from Octavia's.
Bad service ,high cost of ownership all adds up to not so good experience.
Old 24th July 2013, 20:50   #7791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post

I would say refrain from Octavia's.
Bad service ,high cost of ownership all adds up to not so good experience.
Lets consider I drive around in an 02 hyundai sonata which gives an average of 7kmpl in dead traffic and 10-12 on highway. Parts are pretty much on the expensive side. I spent 24k for the clutch assembly a year back. New alternator costs 22k. Considering these costs in mind octavia seems pretty much affordable to me.

An octavia is supposed to be a pretty reliable car as far as I have heard. And servicing it from an independent garage is much cheaper than A.S.S. I may be wrong but so far I haven't heard any bad reviews about the car in specific more on dealers and service stations. My friend had an octavia 02, he got it new and used it for 1.5l kms. No issues besides clutch plates and usual wear n tear parts like battery and Tyres. He used to spend 50k on clutch but now that has become cheaper too I guess? Skoda octavia owners pls help.

Last edited by abhijeetveer : 24th July 2013 at 20:53.
Old 24th July 2013, 21:21   #7792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajith-s View Post

Details of my new ride:

2006 April Model Honda Civic SMT
Leather seats and alloys
32,000 km
Full Service history at Whitefield Honda, all services done there
Single owner, owner driven (reason for sale: going to US)
Minor scratches of the front bumper
Some damage near the rear bumper (will need to replace it)
Final price: 6.6 lakhs
What??! A 7 year old Civic for 6.6 lacs? Or is that a typo?

Here 2006-07 Civics are going for 3.5 - 4 lacs.
Old 25th July 2013, 10:24   #7793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Hi Varun,
I checked with a car reseller in my hometown with details of both cars. He quoted 150K for my Accent after checking and 320K for the Fusion blindly . So his target sale price would be atleast 180K and 350K after the basic patch fixing right?

Here is my calculation if I decide to buy Fusion and sell Accent.
Hi All,

I sold the 2004 Accent CRDI at 155,000 last tuesday. 160,000 was the offer but one of the rear tyre got damaged the same day morning and I had to reduce 5K to comfort him .

Fusion deal is on, some internal formalities being a company owned vehicle. Shall update once done.

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th July 2013 at 19:22. Reason: Shortening quoted post.
Old 25th July 2013, 11:33   #7794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
What??! A 7 year old Civic for 6.6 lacs? Or is that a typo?

Here 2006-07 Civics are going for 3.5 - 4 lacs.
so sorry. It is a 2009 model.
thankyou wizard for pointing it out
Old 25th July 2013, 12:35   #7795
BHPian

What sort of price am I looking at for:

Make: Ford
Model: 1.6 S
Colour: Aquarius (Blue)
Mileage: 60500 (approx.) kms
FE: 10-12 city/15-16 highway
Fuel Type: Petrol
Month/Year of Make: Nov 2009
No. of Owners: 1

Carwale suggests a varied price range depending on the condition of the car starting from 2.61 L to 3.63 L.

The car is driven mostly in Pune but has been in Mumbai for the last year or so.

What is a fair price for it? I know dealers won't value it much but as far as I can tell an enthusiast will know the right value of this beauty!
Old 25th July 2013, 13:01   #7796

How much should I set aside for a well maintained Jazz of 2010 or 2011 vintage in Chennai?

I havent really looked at any specific car to quote the mileage.
Old 25th July 2013, 15:21   #7797
BHPian

Hi guys.

I'm looking to sell our 2007 Tata Indigo XL DiCOR Grand. It has completed 1,47,000 on the odo, single-owned, self-driven and has a no-claim bonus build up of 5 yrs. It was serviced regularly at Tata's A.S.S and has a detailed service history. However, on a recent trip to Pune, it broke down. We got the engine cooling system repaired at an authorized center in Pune. The head gasket was also replaced. The alternator also needed a part replacement which was promptly done.

In spite of these repairs, the 'check engine' indicator started coming on irregularly. So we were back to the service center where they informed us that the two of the fuel injectors needed replacement. Fed up, we have decided to let her go in lieu of a bigger and better car (preferably an Innova).

In all fairness, how much should I expect??
Old 25th July 2013, 18:37   #7798
BHPian

Quote:
Lets consider I drive around in an 02 hyundai sonata which gives an average of 7kmpl in dead traffic and 10-12 on highway. Parts are pretty much on the expensive side. I spent 24k for the clutch assembly a year back. New alternator costs 22k. Considering these costs in mind octavia seems pretty much affordable to me.

An octavia is supposed to be a pretty reliable car as far as I have heard. And servicing it from an independent garage is much cheaper than A.S.S. I may be wrong but so far I haven't heard any bad reviews about the car in specific more on dealers and service stations. My friend had an octavia 02, he got it new and used it for 1.5l kms. No issues besides clutch plates and usual wear n tear parts like battery and Tyres. He used to spend 50k on clutch but now that has become cheaper too I guess? Skoda octavia owners pls help.
It is a pretty reliable car. I had one which I drove up to 1.15l kms. Still in the family and has done 1.25l kms. Its a 05 L&K. Around 4.5L is a decent price for the 07 model you are looking at IF the car is in top shape. Octavias age very well so be sure that the mileage you see on the odo is genuine. If you have anybody who has a VAG COM then solicit their help and see what is the actual odo reading. Clutch + DMF is roughly 22k with labour if you use original LUK clutch. Only the clutch will be around 10k with labour. Outside A** rates.

I have my review of the car on TBHP which I penned when my car had 111111 on the odo. You can check it out for more details.
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 18:45   #7799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by numerouno View Post
This weekend I happened to come visit the AutomartIndia car mela. I checked out two 2003 Accent CRDI's, both done around 63000 km. The quoted price was 4.9 lakhs.
I enjoyed the car a lot and never realised that a diesel could be so much fun to drive.
I haggled a bit and they are ready to offer me the car for 4.8 lakhs and put in new tubeless tyres aswell as comprehensive insurance (insurance value 4.25 lakhs) for the year.
I cant believe what I am reading!! I think the price is way over realistic value. But then city differences should be accounted.

Plus I have heard poor reliability stories about Accent CRDI. I will suggest you go for other cars. 5 lakhs is a decent budget in the used car market...
Old 25th July 2013, 19:57   #7800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Make: Ford
Model: 1.6 S
Colour: Aquarius (Blue)
Mileage: 60500 (approx.) kms
FE: 10-12 city/15-16 highway
Fuel Type: Petrol
Month/Year of Make: Nov 2009
No. of Owners: 1
Hello WLI,
A fair price that you may get for your car is should be around 3.25L. I know that a "driver's delight" car like the S, deserves a better price, but nowadays, who cares for a performance cars.

Quote:
I know dealers won't value it much but as far as I can tell an enthusiast will know the right value of this beauty!
Believe me brother, all the enthusiast's of Mumbai & Pune are in TBHP. The rest only know know how to squeeze the last penny from petrol car owners!!

I strongly suggest you against selling this car!! It's an amazing piece of machinery. How I wish I had the moolah!!

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by insipid.insane View Post
How much should I set aside for a well maintained Jazz of 2010 or 2011 vintage in Chennai?

I havent really looked at any specific car to quote the mileage.
Hello II,
I'm not too aware of Chennai prices, but I guess the prices for a used Jazz should be in the region of 3.75-4L for a 2010 model & 4-4.3L for a 2011 model.
I may be wrong here.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp95 View Post
Hi guys.

I'm looking to sell our 2007 Tata Indigo XL DiCOR Grand.

In all fairness, how much should I expect??
Hello KDP,
Since TATA's are known to have terrible resale values, a fair price for your car should be around 1.25-1.5L.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed