Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2013, 15:02   #8446
lsp
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
Thanks doh. Believe it or not, I couldn't bear to watch them being loaded onto the trailer in Bombay for the ride back to Delhi (and I'm ashamed to say I looked away too)

They are both in absolutely spectacular shape - save for the damned cops making my life a living hell in Bombay for the out of state regn.

I was quoted 1+ and change per car to transfer to Bombay regn and that just refused to make sense...(apart from the headache and greasing of palms) And I don't see myself return to Delhi in the foreseeable future.

I'm really really going to miss these two rides, for the fun I've had with them.
Bite the bullet,
Sorry to say this buddy, but you are really off the mark in terms of your expectation. I saw your ads the first day you posted them and since then I restrained myself from giving you unsolicited advise, but now since you have posted on this thread, I will go ahead.

Let me give you a realistic example of a Linea MJD which was sold while I was sitting on the fence with 2 minds about going for it or not.

This gentleman sold his less than 2 yr old 19k kms done Linea MJD, ABS EBD DL reg White color, with 2 year extended warranty for 5.7L in 2012. his asking price was 6L.

Please read about his exp here:-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...ml#post2891322

It's a good read. Will definitely help you prepare yourself for the ensuing madness.

I would say, you should be happy with something in the range of 3.5 - 3.75L and ecstatic if you get 4L.

I understand that as an owner you value the condition of the car and the care that has been showered on the car but the market doesn't think that way.

Just my 2 cents! Good luck with the sale.
Old 7th November 2013, 18:12   #8447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
Bite the bullet,
I understand that as an owner you value the condition of the car and the care that has been showered on the car but the market doesn't think that way.

Just my 2 cents! Good luck with the sale.
Thank you for the heads up and as a matter of fact, the revised price has been live since day before yesterday!!
Old 7th November 2013, 23:14   #8448
BHPian

I will be accompanying my friend to Delhi on his quest to buy a used petrol sedan.budget is. 4 lakhs plus 50-70 k for immediate maintenance expenses (tyres,battery,etc) . I have suggested him the following models:

1.2006-7 model Toyota Corolla
2.Honda jazz
3.Fiat linea
4.He is not interested in a Honda city as that is what he is currently driving.

What are the best dealers /shops to look for such cars? Any suggestions would be helpful.
Old 8th November 2013, 12:20   #8449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
I will be accompanying my friend to Delhi on his quest to buy a used petrol sedan.budget is. 4 lakhs plus 50-70 k for immediate maintenance expenses (tyres,battery,etc) . I have suggested him the following models:

1.2006-7 model Toyota Corolla
2.Honda jazz
3.Fiat linea
4.He is not interested in a Honda city as that is what he is currently driving.

What are the best dealers /shops to look for such cars? Any suggestions would be helpful.
I'd be happy to have you take a look at my linea (which is a very low run diesel multijet to boot!)

And I can guarantee you won't need to spend the additional money on immediate maintainence expenses... total win win!!!
Old 8th November 2013, 12:28   #8450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post

I'd be happy to have you take a look at my linea (which is a very low run diesel multijet to boot!)

And I can guarantee you won't need to spend the additional money on immediate maintainence expenses... total win win!!!
Thanks for the offer.I talked to him about your multijet,but he insists on a petrol.Always driven petrols.
Old 10th November 2013, 10:53   #8451
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys! If one were interested in a 7th gen 2.4 Automatic Honda Accord (those sleek lines), are there any particular things one ought to look ought for? Any differences between a 2004 and a 2007 (facelift) model? I've heard that brake pads need to be changed often. Anything else? Oh and what kind of mileage would a 2.4 autobox accord give?
Old 10th November 2013, 17:04   #8452
BHPian

Guys, require your expert advise. I'm planning to buy from company owned 2010 Fiestas (Diesel, all in high end trim level) that have approximately 30,000 kms on them. Considering the cars condition is with mimimum scratches, what would be best price to quote? This is in Chennai.

Last edited by mTorque : 10th November 2013 at 17:05.
Old 11th November 2013, 12:02   #8453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Hi guys! If one were interested in a 7th gen 2.4 Automatic Honda Accord (those sleek lines), are there any particular things one ought to look ought for?
Hello II,
I'm not too aware of old Accord prices in South India, but in Mumbai you can get get a 2005 Accord done around 45K's for around 3L & a 2007 for around 5L.
So prices in the South should be more by around 50-75K's.

A 2.4AT should give around 6-6.5km/ltr in Mumbai traffic.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post
Guys, require your expert advise. I'm planning to buy from company owned 2010 Fiestas (Diesel, all in high end trim level) that have approximately 30,000 kms on them.
Hello MT,
A fair price that I believe that these cars are worth is around the 5-5.25L mark.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 12:40   #8454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Thanks for your reply! We have decided against it as zen is small for us. We found it uncomfortable. This would be primarily used by me and by dad when he is in India for holidays. And even grandparents Found it uncomfortable for ingress. This being my practise car we are looking for old and cheap ones. Looking out for a wagon-r Or santro now! Cheers!
Hey AK,
would you be interested in an OHC, 2003, dont know if its 1.3/1.5. but its in kothrud and up for sale. will confirm the price and variant and PM you.

Last edited by KaandBaaz : 11th November 2013 at 12:52.
Old 11th November 2013, 13:00   #8455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
Hey AK, would you be interested in an OHC, 2003, dont know if its 1.3/1.5. but its in kothrud and up for sale. will confirm the price and variant and PM you.
Ya OHC is a good option. Just that Dad should agree on the same. He is in pune till 20th and I can manage after 15th as I have continuous papers till 15th and then a break of 10days for the last papers. Your PM facility has started so soon? If not then message me FB you can find me there as Asit Kulkarni. Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 16:46   #8456
Senior - BHPian

Posting a query for my friend :

What would be the right price to quote for a 2012 regd T-Jet Plus

1) January, TN-70 reg, done 11,000 km ?
2) March, MH-50 reg, done 13,000 km ?

Assuming timely service has been done, there have been no major accidents, niggles or pending repairs.

Thanks.

Last edited by Klub Class : 11th November 2013 at 16:47.
Old 11th November 2013, 18:24   #8457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Posting a query for my friend :

What would be the right price to quote for a 2012 regd T-Jet Plus

1) January, TN-70 reg, done 11,000 km ?
2) March, MH-50 reg, done 13,000 km ?

Assuming timely service has been done, there have been no major accidents, niggles or pending repairs.

Thanks.
Check the final OTR in both the places after discounts.
Offer current OTR - 45%. Am guessing that the 2012 registered must be 2011 manufactured. With 2014 on the horizon, think it is a fair price for the seller too.

If the sellers find it to low, take each of them to the dealer of their choice and see what dealers offer in cash, no exchange. Tell them you will offer 20k more than the highest dealer offer. Even more fair deal.

Last edited by dipen : 11th November 2013 at 18:25.
Old 11th November 2013, 18:52   #8458
BHPian

How much should I be paying for a June 2011 Maruti Suzuki A-Star VXI AT that has done ~9000 kms
Old 11th November 2013, 22:55   #8459
BHPian

Jan 2012 Toyota Fortuner 4x4

How much should I pay for the following car:

Model : Toyota Fortuner 4x4
Manufacturing : Jan 2012
City : Ghaziabad
Mileage: 19000 kms
Insurance expiration : Jan 2014

The car is the old model with the non touch/video based ICE and the light brown faux wood inserts.

What was the price of this car then? and what are the difference from the current model?

How can I check the service record and what else need to be checked before making the deal?
Old 11th November 2013, 23:10   #8460
BHPian

Re: Jan 2012 Toyota Fortuner 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
How much should I pay for the following car:

Model : Toyota Fortuner 4x4
Manufacturing : Jan 2012
City : Ghaziabad
Mileage: 19000 kms
Insurance expiration : Jan 2014

The car is the old model with the non touch/video based ICE and the light brown faux wood inserts.

What was the price of this car then? and what are the difference from the current model?

How can I check the service record and what else need to be checked before making the deal?
The fortuner has a lot of demand & good resale & wont be cheap even second hand. A Fortuner @ 19k is like new. Please check as to the reason for selling & any accidents etc.
Check with the service station (the dealer it was brought from typically) as to the service history.
Call up the insurance company & check for past claims or just check the NCB
If there are really no issues with the vehicle & its in a reasonably good exterior condition it will be upwards of 17 lakh very easily. Check if the extended warranty etc is in effect.
A Fortuner is a sturdy reliable vehicle & has a lot of life in it.
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks