Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2013, 14:50   #8581
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Price-check tool for Used cars, now on Team-BHP

We've recently integrated IndianBlueBook's used car price look-up feature on Team-BHP.
I tried the tool for my car.

It shows a price much higher than my asking price.
Any takers for the bargain
Jokes Apart, Excellent initiative and I feel that the price suggested is actually fair

classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-used-for-sale/30366/Lower%20parel,%20Mumbai/Mercedes-Benz/E-Class.html/
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-valuation.png  

Old 26th November 2013, 14:54   #8582
BHPian

Hi all, need some help on price projections for Civic and also if Accord could be a good buy if Civics are not easily available. I am looking for post-2009 update Civic only and Accord could be an alternative.

2010 Civic 30K odo - 8 Lakhs
2011 Civic 13K odo - 9 Lakhs
2006 Accord unknown mileage - 4.7 Lakhs (assuming about 60K on odo)

Few Questions: -
1) Is 7-8 years old Accord worth the buy today (i.e. service and fuel expenses)?
3) For prev-gen Accord, what should be the cut-off in terms of total mileage of the car, after which the mechanical parts starts giving away?
2) What should be the price of 2008 Accord (current gen)? Mileage are kindof less for what I've seen. These are rarely used cars. Prices seen in Hyderabad are between 10L-13L. Too steep I guess?

Another issue is - the used car evaluator and what owners are asking are like North and South. Can't even negotiate. Would love to hear how others have been doing the bargain? (Hyderabad seems to be the worst place to buy a used car)

Thanks in advance for inputs.
Old 26th November 2013, 17:21   #8583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Price-check tool for Used cars, now on Team-BHP
Mileage and No. of owners were not considered for evaluation. It would be better to add those to parameters too.
Old 26th November 2013, 17:31   #8584
BHPian

The price from tbhp classifieds bluebook is unrealistic. I sold my EON sportZ model (2013) for 3.8 lacs to an individual.
The dealer quoted 3.5 lacs as best price.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131126_172958.png
Views: 1718
Size:  73.7 KB
Old 26th November 2013, 20:07   #8585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Its resale is lower than the Swift diesel. Mileage of 70K is on the higher side too. About 2.5-3L should be OK. In Bangalore it would sell for 3-3.5L. Since in Goa there isn't much difference in petrol and diesel, but if the car is in really good shape and you like it then you can pay a little more but nothing more than 3L.
PD engines are robust and give good efficiency of 20kms/ltr + on highways so you should be happy for the next 1L kms or more if you take good care of it.
Thanks Zulfi Hansi and Jignesh.
Interesting, that's way off from what I thought, I expected it to be around 3.5L, I mean considering this is the highest variant and had a difference of about 1.5L with the next variant.
Even the Used car tool on T-Bhp reflects a higher value.

The car is doctor driven and quite well maintained from the look of it. They are asking about 4.3L but negotiable.

On a related note a 2009 Swift Vdi clocked 85k was recently bought by an acquaintance for 3.6 L. This variant was selling at about close to 6L back then.
Old 26th November 2013, 21:28   #8586
BHPian

Looking for a Suzuki Ritz Lxi/Vxi 2009-2010 model with around 35k at odo in mumbai for a friend.
What should be the offer price?

Do you guys think the price movement will result considerable savings if I wait till January?
If so by how much?

Please do feel free to message me of any leads for the same!

Last edited by johannskaria : 26th November 2013 at 21:31.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 22:34   #8587
BHPian

The prices do seem quite low. Just sold my 2006 Esteem VXI BS111 2 days ago for 2.6 Lacs. The calculator listed it at 1.27 Lacs. For the seller the price is too low and could be misleading for the buyer if he expects to get a car at that price. More often than not, the seller gets much more than what these calculators show and you get buyers tyring to bargain for that price in vain.
Old 26th November 2013, 22:51   #8588
BHPian

Aren't the prices for some of the cars a bit optimistic?
I feel adding additional details like month of manufacture, mileage running, insurance validity, warranty validity, etc. would help fetch much more accurate figures. No doubt the interface is very good to start off as a base.
Upon launch of the Amaze, i had checked with my dealer on how much my 6 month old, 6K kms used, Brio S(O) would fetch and the reply was 3.5-3.75 at max.
An amazing 2.25 lacs or one-third the OTR price gone in 6 months and 6k Kms flat!
Old 26th November 2013, 23:32   #8589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpioman View Post
The prices do seem quite low. Just sold my 2006 Esteem VXI BS111 2 days ago for 2.6 Lacs. The calculator listed it at 1.27 Lacs. For the seller the price is too low and could be misleading for the buyer if he expects to get a car at that price. More often than not, the seller gets much more than what these calculators show and you get buyers tyring to bargain for that price in vain.
You got 2.6 lacs? Or 1.6? I recently saw a black esteem vxi 2006 which had clocked about 60k kms for 1.65 lakhs in pune. You have got way better than the market man. Pity the buyer though :P
Old 27th November 2013, 07:13   #8590
AJo
BHPian

Quote:
The prices do seem quite low....More often than not, the seller gets much more than what these calculators show and you get buyers tyring to bargain for that price in vain.
I looked at the pricing for a Honda CRV (2009, 2.4 AT, Mumbai) & the T-BHP tool gives a price of around 6.5 Lacs. I looked in the market & such cars are all in the 9-10 Lac range? Even the Carwale tool throws up a price of around 10-11 Lacs. Any advice on whats a fair price?
AJ
Old 27th November 2013, 08:55   #8591
BHPian

Quote:

If you really got 2.6 Lakhs for an Esteem, you should count yourself to be extremely lucky!! Even with the outrageous Bangalore prices, 2.6 L is astronomical to say the least.
What were the quotes you were getting for the same from the dealers? I assume its gonna be 1.2-1.5 L.
Old 27th November 2013, 09:25   #8592
BHPian

What should be a fair price to purchase used Punto Emotion 1.3 MJD (top-end) in Pune?

Details:
Year : Jan-2012 (Most likely 2011 model registered in Jan 2012. Not yet checked.)
Km : 22000
Reason : Upgrade to bigger vehicle

I am yet to check the car out but the owner tells that it is in immaculate condition. Owner quoting 5.8L.

I am planning to sort-of lateral upgrade my 40K km run Mar 2011 Figo TDCi. Does the deal make sense?

Any help in judging appropriate price for the mentioned Punto as well as outgoing Figo is appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by RishikeshK : 27th November 2013 at 09:33.
Old 27th November 2013, 09:47   #8593
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

It is a good feature and will be useful.

Skoda Ocatavia had an Ambient trim model in 2009 but the only options shown in "LK".

The pricing seems to be about 10% higher than the ground reality basis my recent experiences. But am sure there are a lot of diverse views on this and it will vary year to year and for buy and sell experiences. Mahindra First Choice should normally be higher for purchases from them and lower for sales to them.

Millage of 12000 per year is fine for a petrol vehicle but most Diesel vehicles would do more than 20,000 per year in the first 3-4 years at least.

Understand that some of the parameters are not really in our control.

Great move none the less. Should be a separate thread.

Last edited by ACM : 27th November 2013 at 09:49.
Old 27th November 2013, 11:47   #8594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The pricing seems to be about 10% higher than the ground reality...
For Hyderabad, it's 50% higher! Very steep asking prices out here. The kind of road conditions we have here, the inflated price tag is not justified by a mile. The cars take a lot of bashing right from day 1 of purchase.

Btw, any help on my earlier query please.
Old 27th November 2013, 12:42   #8595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
The price from tbhp classifieds bluebook is unrealistic. I sold my EON sportZ model (2013) for 3.8 lacs to an individual.
The dealer quoted 3.5 lacs as best price.

Attachment 1171476
Quote:

Agree. I too did a check for a few cars and felt the price quoted is way below market price. also factors like # of owners is not taken into consideration.

However, I strongly feel its next to impossible to make a used car valuation calculator. A lot depends on the buyer/seller's urgency, condition of car , any upcoming model updates for the same car or for cars in that segment etc.

Hence best is to look for as much info as possible from multiple sources ( including the Used car price thread ) and then quote

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks