Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2013, 21:42   #8716
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Guys, what is the max my friend should offer for a Nov 2004 Esteem VXI, Jaipur registered, odo at 56k kms (can't say whether it's genuine or not), though the outer body of the car looks good in pictures.

The rest will be known when we'll personally see the car. I am asking this so as to have a reasonable figure in mind to quote.
Owner is asking 1.50L

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd December 2013, 22:14   #8717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
Hi,
What can be the correct price for a 2004 safari 4x2 version. odo shows its driven for 140000 kms but the service records show it had done approx 2 lac kms.

Find below the pics.

Thanks
1 lac max. Nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Out in the dirty Bangalore market of reselling with my 3 years old Chevy Spark 1.0 LS. The car is driven only 20k KM by wifey and we need an upgrade only because she needs an AT vehicle due to knee injury. Maruti TrueValue rated it at Rs. 1.45 lacs with 25k exchange bonus. Whereas Hyundai rated it at 1.65 lacs. Both prices are ridiculously low in my opinion.
Spark is low on resale value, though the owners might think otherwise.
Our market is driven by products like swift, Alto, dzire, Scorpio which are poor on engineering, but high on resale.
Spark is capable than Alto, but not in used car market.
Sell for the best price and move on.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2013 at 23:51. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 22:30   #8718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzone View Post
Hi Guys, what would be a good price for a 2008 Honda Accord 2.4 AT and a similar aged Civic AT? 2007-08 Civic or 2006-07 Accord AT would be a better option?
I would say go for the Accord 7.5 gen, the one with led tail lights. Much better low end torque, better suspension with no worries of bottoming out like the civic, far better boot space. While the Accord is slightly bigger, the civic isn't that much smaller. Please remember, the Accord is a full class ahead.
Old 24th December 2013, 00:12   #8719
BHPian

Hi guys. I would like to know what is the resale value of VW Polo TDI. Also what should i expect for my Polo TDI comfortline, 2011 model with 65k done.
Old 24th December 2013, 00:20   #8720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suneet_ag View Post
Folks, need some guidance again. About a couple of weeks ago I had asked about the price idea of a 1.8TSI superb in Bangalore (2010 done only 10k kms) I got indications from a few folks here that about 12lacs is the max you should go. Today I went to a Mercedes dealer and out of curiosity asked him about the expected price for the same car, posing as if I wanted to sell it. He gave me a quote of 8 lacs!!! I understand that dealer price is usually lower but 4 lacs lower is absurd!! Does this mean that my quote to the actual seller of the car be max 9 lacs and not 12?

Really need some help around this from bhpians who have a handle on the Bangalore market for Superbs.
Bumping up the post. Need some help guys...
Old 24th December 2013, 00:24   #8721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Hi guys. I would like to know what is the resale value of VW Polo TDI. Also what should i expect for my Polo TDI comfortline, 2011 model with 65k done.
Something around 4.1-4.3 lakhs, Dealer won't even offer 4. Try selling it to an individual for better price.
Old 24th December 2013, 00:27   #8722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post

Something around 4.1-4.3 lakhs, Dealer won't even offer 4. Try selling it to an individual for better price.
Thanks. I guess will keep it then. Thats a lot of depreciation in two years time.
Old 24th December 2013, 01:35   #8723
BHPian

Friend is entered to buy. VW Vento TDI Trendline 2011 done 49000 kms in Bangalore. White color single owner comp insurance.
Old 24th December 2013, 11:32   #8724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Hello,

You can expect approx Rs. 4.5 lacs for your 2011 VW Polo TDi, Comfortline model.

Thanks,
Old 24th December 2013, 11:52   #8725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post

Hello,

You can expect approx Rs. 4.5 lacs for your 2011 VW Polo TDi, Comfortline model.

Thanks,
Thanks buddy. Thats the price bracket i was looking at. From 4.8l to 4.55l.
Old 24th December 2013, 12:18   #8726
BHPian

Can someone tell me the right price for Laura 1.8 TSI in Bangalore, 2009 model, 2 previous owners and 65K on the ODO? Thanks!
Old 26th December 2013, 17:22   #8727
BHPian

Wow, alot of people looking at the Laura TSI on the thread! (Including me)

Found a 2010 TSI done 39,571 kms asking 5.75L - certified car with 1 year warranty from Mahindra.

Slight engine vibration, was told it could either be the engine mounts or the spark plugs - but will rectify only when the booking amount is given. Otherwise looks mint.

Opinions on condition/ price would be helpful!

Thanks,
Anant
Old 26th December 2013, 17:49   #8728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Found a 2010 TSI done 39,571 kms asking 5.75L - certified car with 1 year warranty from Mahindra.
Christ almighty. As a prospective TSI buyer, that resale saddens me, although I'm not sure it deters me from my purchase. Any reason why it's so low, or is that just the going rate for TSI's of that vintage, if you've checked around?

It's a great price for an enthusiast's car, but I'd recommend you stay away from mahindra first choice. Look around the forum and you'll find lot of precautionary tales about them, like so

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/mahindr...er-cars-seized

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-automart.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...sold-cars.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-refunded.html

Last edited by iliketurtles : 26th December 2013 at 17:54. Reason: Added links
Old 26th December 2013, 18:42   #8729
BHPian

I know, I was quite shocked when he told me the price. No real reason why its so low, which made me even more suspicious. As far as Mahindra First Choice goes, one of the threads names a Samir - who is the guy I've been dealing with!! (The JK Auto thread - but it doesnt go by that name anymore and it has changed its location).

Trying to pull a contact at Skoda who can check the mileage, but in any case having second thoughts. Which is really really sad, given that its a brilliant car.

Thanks for replying though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Christ almighty. As a prospective TSI buyer, that resale saddens me, although I'm not sure it deters me from my purchase. Any reason why it's so low, or is that just the going rate for TSI's of that vintage, if you've checked around?

It's a great price for an enthusiast's car, but I'd recommend you stay away from mahindra first choice. Look around the forum and you'll find lot of precautionary tales about them, like so

http.....
....nded.html
Old 26th December 2013, 23:35   #8730
Senior - BHPian

How much for a 6 months old figo zxi diesel with 10k on odo, single owner, with zero dep insurance for another 6 months and in mint condition would go for in Delhi?

P.S it is owned by a bhpian

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks