Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2014, 19:17   #9511
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribal View Post
Hi! Would highly appreciate if some one can reply to my query:
"2007 Laura L&k auto, which has done 85k km and is in immaculate condition, Delhi registered . What is the best i should expect?"
Thanks
You can expected between 5 to 5.5L depending on whom you are selling to. I would suggest you to post an ad on tbhp classifieds. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
What would be the price that can be offered for a 2011 Polo Trendline petrol run only 3500kms (not sure why such low mileage in 3 years of ownership) ?
Car is in AP. Seller is asking 4.5L - is this a fair price for the car ? Thanks!!!
I guess fair price is between 3.6 to 3.8L if it is well maintained. 4.5L is more IMO. I guess max you can agree is for 3.9L if it is in excellent condition. Also check service records to ensure odo reading is genuine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275BHP View Post
I'm planning to sell my March 2009 registered (in Kerala) Honda City. Its an s variant automatic and has done 53000 kms. Tyres are about 10000 kms old and the car is in good condition barring a few scratches on the bumper. What is the best price I can expect for this? Car is white in color and completely stock.
You can expect between 5.7L to 6L depending on whom you are selling to. Get the scratches fixed and you can sell it to an individual for ~6.1L as well.

Last edited by djay99 : 8th July 2014 at 19:24.
djay99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 15:59   #9512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribal View Post
Hi! Would highly appreciate if some one can reply to my query:
"2007 Laura L&k auto, which has done 85k km and is in immaculate condition, Delhi registered . What is the best i should expect?"
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
Hi, I believe that with a complete service record and insurance, new tyres and battery, depending on the colour you can get anywhere between 3L to 3.75L. If the car is in good condition, I would strongly recommend that you hold on to it rather than sell it for the pittance that people will offer you.
I think duke is spot on re. the price you are likely to get. And I presume he has experienced the bitterness of trying to sell a Skoda in the used car market. Truth be told, there is a good reason why the resale value is so poor - and that reason is costly upkeep and A**.
Old 9th July 2014, 16:36   #9513
Distinguished - BHPian

Friend's 2010 Indica Vista, with ABS. Always maintained at the TASS with total of 29,800 clicks on the odometer. Was bought new in 2010 and is registered at Bangalore. In perfect condition.

Kindly let me know how much we can we expect for this car. Will be grateful for the valuation.
Thanks,
Saket.
Old 9th July 2014, 16:47   #9514
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I need help. A close family friend is planning to sell his Montero, its a 2007 truck and has 37000km on the ODO. Its been driven by him and his driver. He is asking for 17Lacs. Does the vehicle make sense at this cost, would i be able to sell it in a few years?? I will be driving close to 60km everyday, keeping that in mind does it make sense or is it better to go buy a new yeti/laura?

Lastly will parts be available for the montero, considering Mitsubishi has discontinued this model. Looking forward to your replies.

Details: Manual transmission
3.2 did engine
158 bhp
Pune registered

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
-Karan
Old 9th July 2014, 17:03   #9515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroheadkaran View Post
Hi Guys,
I need help. A close family friend is planning to sell his Montero, its a 2007 truck and has 37000km on the ODO. Its been driven by him and his driver. He is asking for 17Lacs. Does the vehicle make sense at this cost, would i be able to sell it in a few years?? I will be driving close to 60km everyday, keeping that in mind does it make sense or is it better to go buy a new yeti/laura?

Lastly will parts be available for the montero, considering Mitsubishi has discontinued this model. Looking forward to your replies.

Details: Manual transmission
3.2 did engine
158 bhp
Pune registered

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
-Karan
If you want my opnion, close your eyes and buy an auto-transmission SUV. Diesel + SUV = truck-like hard clutch. In in-city traffic where 100 gearchanges is the order of the day, an automatic will relieve you of one less chore and help you focus more on traffic. Now which one? In used market, Scorpio AT will be cheapest followed by Endeavour AT. Stay away from used Fortuner as owing to its brand value perception and sales success, a 4-year old and nearing 1 lakh KM Fortuner's asking price will be a crazy 90 per cent of its on-road price. Same age and same KM Endy will come at 50 per cent of Fort's price. So, if it is brand new, buy a Fort. If it is used, buy an Endy. Oh, and as for Mitsubishi, their dealerships across the country as closing one by one and pretty soon we will have more Ferrari dealerships in India than Mitsu's.
pgsagar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 17:06   #9516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
What would be the price that can be offered for a 2011 Polo Trendline petrol run only 3500kms (not sure why such low mileage in 3 years of ownership) ?
Car is in AP. Seller is asking 4.5L - is this a fair price for the car ? Thanks!!!
No it is not.
I picked a Jan 2014 Polo Petrol Comfortline for 4.3L in May.
I was lucky;but the price that is being asked in your case if high.
Old 9th July 2014, 17:12   #9517
BHPian

We have a yeti 4X4. I would say given the price, you should haggle a little bit and get this baby! Its way more capable than duster/ ecosport and not to forget more powerful. I truly believe its in a different league!
Servicing cost are on the higher side, but its a joy to own!

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew View Post
I am interested in getting a Skoda Yeti Elegance 4x4 (would have been happy with a 4x2 if it came in Elegance trim). I am going to look at a 2010 model, 45,000 km run car where the asking price is 12 lakhs (Bangalore outskirts). I would like to know the following?

1) Is this a good idea (over say an Ecosport or a Duster)? I've seen Yeti review threads on tbhp and other than the initial price, all owners have been generally happy with their purchase except possibly for low sidewall durability for OEM tyres
2) Tyres have apparently been recently changed, so the above shortcoming is not present. What other aspects should I look for, given a 4 year old vehicle and 45,000 kms. of running? I've heard EGR replacement can be expensive, how do I know it needs replacing?
3) What other parts are likely to need replacing and how much should I put aside for it?
4) 12 lakhs seem to be on the high side. TBhp used value calculator gives a price of around 9 lakhs. Is this realistic, particularly in Bangalore?
5) Which are the good Skoda service centres in Bangalore? Is Tafe Access on Hosur Road one of the better ones? Are there any independent workshops that can handle the Yeti serviceing (including spare parts if required)?

Thanks for any input you can give.

The main reason I've shortlisted a Yeti are as follows - safety (air bags/ABS), power (possibly a remap), compact road presence, fuel efficiency, comfort (4 passengers), boot space, ride and handling. I require the vehicle to have a high seating (bad back) and stiffer suspension (wife is prone to motion sickness in soft suspension cars).
Thanks for the quick revert. Somehow i am not too fond on the Endy, owing to its lack lustre driving manners. This leaves me with a few options, the fortuner is over priced and not something that i aspire to own.

What do u think of the santa fe, the older generation? Considering it was available in automatic. How would you rank that? If all else fails, its time to save more and then go and buy a free lander may be.

The reason the montero got me interested was the condition and its capabilities off the tarmac!

Karan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
If you want my opnion, close your eyes and buy an auto-transmission SUV. Diesel + SUV = truck-like hard clutch. In in-city traffic where 100 gearchanges is the order of the day, an automatic will relieve you of one less chore and help you focus more on traffic. Now which one? In used market, Scorpio AT will be cheapest followed by Endeavour AT. Stay away from used Fortuner as owing to its brand value perception and sales success, a 4-year old and nearing 1 lakh KM Fortuner's asking price will be a crazy 90 per cent of its on-road price. Same age and same KM Endy will come at 50 per cent of Fort's price. So, if it is brand new, buy a Fort. If it is used, buy an Endy. Oh, and as for Mitsubishi, their dealerships across the country as closing one by one and pretty soon we will have more Ferrari dealerships in India than Mitsu's.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by noopster : 9th July 2014 at 19:07. Reason: Refer mod note inline
Old 9th July 2014, 18:03   #9518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroheadkaran View Post
Thanks for the quick revert. Somehow i am not too fond on the Endy, owing to its lack lustre driving manners. This leaves me with a few options, the fortuner is over priced and not something that i aspire to own.

What do u think of the santa fe, the older generation? Considering it was available in automatic. How would you rank that? If all else fails, its time to save more and then go and buy a free lander may be.

The reason the montero got me interested was the condition and its capabilities off the tarmac!

Karan
The Santa fe and the Montero are different segment cars and the Santa Fe is nowhere as capable off road as the Montero. Montero's seem to have the typical Japanese reliability and quality. It should serve you well for another 1-2 lakh kilometers. Better than the old Santa fe a Safari storme or XUV will be better. Just my thoughts.
Old 10th July 2014, 02:49   #9519
BHPian

One of my friend's VW Polo (1.2 highline diesel) is up for sale. It's a 2013 model with 8000kms on the ODO. He is quoting 6.5.

Is it high or is he quoting it low? It cost him 9.5 (on road) when he bought it last year.
Old 10th July 2014, 13:34   #9520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
One of my friend's VW Polo (1.2 highline diesel) is up for sale. It's a 2013 model with 8000kms on the ODO. He is quoting 6.5.

Is it high or is he quoting it low? It cost him 9.5 (on road) when he bought it last year.
IIRC, the Polo Diesel Highline never cost 9.5L on road. It was around 7L to 7.6L on road (except Bangalore where taxes can take it to 8+) but 9.5L on road is not correct in my opinion.

The GT costs this much on road.

EDIT: Between 5.25-5.75 would be a decent price for this low run car.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 10th July 2014 at 13:38.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 14:30   #9521
BHPian

Thanks for the quick revert, the only reason i would prefer buying the santa fe is due to the fact that it has an automatic gearbox, other wise if i were going to manual it has to be the montero! that the others dont even come close to Montero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
The Santa fe and the Montero are different segment cars and the Santa Fe is nowhere as capable off road as the Montero. Montero's seem to have the typical Japanese reliability and quality. It should serve you well for another 1-2 lakh kilometers. Better than the old Santa fe a Safari storme or XUV will be better. Just my thoughts.
Old 10th July 2014, 21:15   #9522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
IIRC, the Polo Diesel Highline never cost 9.5L on road. It was around 7L to 7.6L on road (except Bangalore where taxes can take it to 8+) but 9.5L on road is not correct in my opinion.

The GT costs this much on road.

EDIT: Between 5.25-5.75 would be a decent price for this low run car.
Vinit,

Thanks for the clarification. I need to check the correct information about the car from my friend.

Actually I thought it was Polo Diesel Highline. Now I need to confirm if it is a GTI.
Old 10th July 2014, 22:29   #9523
BHPian

What would be a fair price for Maruti SX4 August 2007 (ZXI) with 37K on the ODO?. This would be for Hyderabad. The condition of the car is good and the owner who is a colleague is asking 3 Lakhs.
Old 10th July 2014, 23:06   #9524
BHPian

How much should a shiny & scratch free Volkswagen polo 1.2 highline , registered in jan 2011 , run 32000 kms go for ?

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 10th July 2014, 23:54   #9525
BHPian

How much I can expect for selling my Punto 1.4 emotion 2010 model with 22,000 kms on odo in Goa? The vehicle has new set of tires(4) and in excellent condition.For exchanging with new cars dealers are quoting between 1.5L-1.8L which looks very less.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks