Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2014, 16:07   #9571
BHPian

Guys, my friend who has been scouting for an used car has come across this 2011 Figo Petrol which has done some 26K kms. Though the ownership has changed between friends only, on paper it is currently owned by the second owner. Asking rate is around 2.75L.

What's your opinion on this deal in general as well as Figo Petrol in specific.
Old 21st July 2014, 07:06   #9572
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Friends,
I am in a hunt of a well maintained pre-owned Innova in Pune. It's been almost 3 months that I am into it. I did come across few good well maintained Innovas, but some or the other way the deal could not be positive. My budget is 7.5L at max.
Yesterday I checked out a Oct 2005 innova, which had only 60K on the odo.
It was strange as in last 9 years so less milage. By the look of it, the vehicle had a very rich paint which made my eyes go for a microscopic look to check if it had any repaint marks. But except for few minor places, it didn't.
I will be checking it's history at the authorized service center at DSK. Meanwhile I would want an expert's advice to let me know if buying an Innova 9 years old with genuine history and less odo reading a good proposition and what should be the expected cost of buying it.
The present owner(first) is expecting 6.25L, which is too high considering the year of manufacture and also would like to know how to check if ABS is available or not. For sure Airbag in not available.

I have also another one which is 2009 G series Innova with ABS. Its a Bombay passing but 2nd owner. The history says the 2nd owner had purchaces it around 17months ago. The vehicle has done 51K and awsomely maintained. The owner is expecting 8.65L.
It's been a month and a half that I checked this vehicle and it's not sold yet. I have quoted him for 7L. Should I revisit him with an increased quote?

Kindly advice.

Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 07:26   #9573
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHBAAZ View Post
It's been a month and a half that I checked this vehicle and it's not sold yet. I have quoted him for 7L. Should I revisit him with an increased quote?

Kindly advice.

Thanks
There is no correct price for Innova in the used car market. To be honest it is a seller's market when it comes to Innova and Fortuner. Hence you will come across obscene pricing and many a times the price is more than the IDV if the car which is crazy in my opinion.

Out of the 2 cars you mentioned, chuck the first one for sure unless the owner is willing to let go of it for around 5L. That would be a good enough price for it. The number of years is not really an issue as Innovas specially uptill 2008/2009 make are very very well built.

The second car looks decent but why is the current owner selling it so soon i.e. just under 1 and half years? The pricing is surely high. 7L sounds just about right for the car.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 10:12   #9574
BHPian

Quote:
I have also another one which is 2009 G series Innova with ABS.
AFAIK, from 2012 only Innova GX started coming with the ABS (and driver side Airbag). Previous to that only VX variant had ABS. Please correct me if wrong.
Twiny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 12:04   #9575
BHPian

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Yesterday I checked out a Oct 2005 innova, which had only 60K on the odo.
It was strange as in last 9 years so less milage. By the look of it, the vehicle had a very rich paint which made my eyes go for a microscopic look to check if it had any repaint marks. But except for few minor places, it didn't.
I will be checking it's history at the authorized service center at DSK. Meanwhile I would want an expert's advice to let me know if buying an Innova 9 years old with genuine history and less odo reading a good proposition and what should be the expected cost of buying it.
The present owner(first) is expecting 6.25L, which is too high considering the year of manufacture and also would like to know how to check if ABS is available or not. For sure Airbag in not available.

Kindly advice.

Thanks

Mechanically the 2005 and 2009 cars will be similar except the lack of an intercooler in the 2005 variant. I believe a privately owned less run example even if it is 8-9 years old is better than a high mileage newer car. I have a may 2005 G2 Toyota innova and at that time ABS was only available on the V variant. Cars of that time have also been very reliable and i believe age should not matter much. 5.5 lakh is a good price for the car. Add 20-30k for tyres/battery condition. Am saying this as i have got numerous offers for 5 lakhs for my 90 k completed innova in delhi. Just ascertain whether the mileage is genuine and you will be good to go.

A second owner within 51k kms does seem fishy to me. Maybe its a lemon. I will advise you to confine your search to first owner vehicles only.

Last edited by ToyotaFan : 21st July 2014 at 12:09.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 12:42   #9576
BHPian

Need some advice from the experts.

Looking for a diesel Maruti in Bangalore. What could fit in a budget of 4lakhs?

Of course, this will be a daily drive and hence expecting the odo reading to be below 40K (i.e. good mechanicals) along with the max possible variant (read safety features).

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st July 2014, 12:44   #9577
BHPian

Thanks drmohitg, Twiny and ToyotaFan for your quick response.
I too am bended towards the 2005 but it does not have an ABS. Thought it has a G5 written but I need to also know if ABS was available at that time. I am in process for getting the details from DSK.
Regarding the second one (2nd owner), I had recieved the details from Toyota showroom and the running is genuine. Not sure why the vehicle is being sold off, but the owner already owns Skoda Laura and a Wagon-R.
Old 21st July 2014, 18:33   #9578
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks drmohitg, Twiny and ToyotaFan for your quick response.
I too am bended towards the 2005 but it does not have an ABS. Thought it has a G5 written but I need to also know if ABS was available at that time. I am in process for getting the details from DSK.
Regarding the second one (2nd owner), I had recieved the details from Toyota showroom and the running is genuine. Not sure why the vehicle is being sold off, but the owner already owns Skoda Laura and a Wagon-R.
G5? I distinctly remember that E, G1, G2, G3 and V were the models available at that time and all G models had only G badging. G3 had 3 row AC and a cassette player. G2 Power windows Central locking sliding middle row and rear wash wipe. G1 had no power windows and sliding 2nd row (important for last row comfort). E did not even have power steering (strictly taxis). The car was costing around 8L ex showroom for G2 at the time. Only V model comes with safety features. Innovas are really reliable and well maintained cars will serve you for eternity.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 19:15   #9579
BHPian

Thanks toyotafan. Its my bad. I rechecked d pic, it has G on it.
Thanks again for explaining the different models. This one has Power windows on all four doors and fog lamps are provided. I m nt sure of the third row air vents but I will check when I go back in another two days. Kindly share some more information that I need to look into.
It will be much more helpful.

Last edited by SHAHBAAZ : 21st July 2014 at 19:17.
Old 21st July 2014, 19:26   #9580
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks toyotafan. Its my bad. I rechecked d pic, it has G on it.
Thanks again for explaining the different models. This one has Power windows on all four doors and fog lamps are provided. I m nt sure of the third row air vents but I will check when I go back in another two days. Kindly share some more information that I need to look into.
It will be much more helpful.
G2 doesn't have fog lamps. Can't recollect about the g3. Fog lamps may not have been standard and bought later. The model will either be a G2/G3 and the only major difference was the 3 row AC (HU was spartan and must have been upgraded or will have to be). Best of luck for your new purchase.
Old 23rd July 2014, 21:30   #9581

Hi Friends,
I am looking for an used Honda City in Hyderabad and found an offer for 2009 (S MT) model which has driven about 56,000 kms (as advertised) and has Honda service details until 2013 where the reading mentions 54,000 kms. One of my friend says the meter could be tampered, while the owner says he was abroad most of the time last year. Asking price is about 5L which seems a bit too high. Fellow bhpians need your advice on this offer.
Thanks in advance.
Old 24th July 2014, 00:09   #9582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike-lover View Post
Hi Friends,
I am looking for an used Honda City in Hyderabad and found an offer for 2009 (S MT) model which has driven about 56,000 kms (as advertised) and has Honda service details until 2013 where the reading mentions 54,000 kms. One of my friend says the meter could be tampered, while the owner says he was abroad most of the time last year. Asking price is about 5L which seems a bit too high. Fellow bhpians need your advice on this offer.
Thanks in advance.
I sold my 2009 S AT Honda City run 53k kms for 5.3L last week in Kochi. I'm sure I would've got offers till 5.5L but wanted to sell it off urgently. So I think 5L for an MT seems just about ok. You could try getting it for about 4.9 ish, depending on how soon the current owner wants to sell his car. Do update us if you finally buy it and at what price.
Old 24th July 2014, 01:51   #9583
BHPian

A dear friend of mine is looking at-
Skoda Fabia 1.6 Elegance, 2012, run 45k.
I would like to ask a few questions about the car.
A) What should be the right price for the car ?
B) How bad is the car ? In terms of maintaining and availability of parts in case of an accident ?
C) What mileage can I expect ?
D) Any specific things or parts to look at before buying ?
E) The best and the most honest Skoda dealership in Delhi/NCR

Thanks for all the help
Samar117 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 02:15   #9584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samar117 View Post
A dear friend of mine is looking at-
Skoda Fabia 1.6 Elegance, 2012, run 45k.
I would like to ask a few questions about the car.
A) What should be the right price for the car ?
B) How bad is the car ? In terms of maintaining and availability of parts in case of an accident ?
C) What mileage can I expect ?
D) Any specific things or parts to look at before buying ?
E) The best and the most honest Skoda dealership in Delhi/NCR

Thanks for all the help
Is this advisable, venturing into used skoda territory?
Does this car have service records?
45k at 2 years for a petrol is pretty high running, no?
Old 24th July 2014, 07:48   #9585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
Guys, my friend who has been scouting for an used car has come across this 2011 Figo Petrol which has done some 26K kms. Though the ownership has changed between friends only, on paper it is currently owned by the second owner. Asking rate is around 2.75L.

What's your opinion on this deal in general as well as Figo Petrol in specific.
Depends which city you are in. I'm getting less than 2.25 for my 2010 fully loaded Figo Petrol done 45k km in pune.
aditto is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed