Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2014, 23:14   #9706
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Car: Skoda Octavia (Diesel)
Model: 2003
Odo: 110000
Condition: Excellent
Price????

What is the good selling price for the above car? I am thinking in the range between 2.5 to 3 lakhs. Is it worth that price?
Old 3rd September 2014, 01:19   #9707
BHPian

With a car thats 11 years old and the miles under it I think 2L would be more reasonable keeping in mind that its in excellent condition. Atleast thats what i feel.
Old 3rd September 2014, 13:02   #9708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar3223 View Post
*pre

Would appreciate a quick response so that I don't lose the car. It will either be jazz or i20.
In order of increasing maintainance costs, Wagon R<Swift<i20<Jazz.

Dear, these are Jap/Korean petrol cars we are talking about. All of these are highly reliable and least troublesome. The question of maintainance cost shouldn't be there at all IMO unless the one you are buying has some troubles already. As you have updated that it would either be the Jazz or an i20, both are really fine but I would recommend the Jazz, as i20 may be feature rich, but it's driving dynamics are horrible and suspension remains confused at all times, also the 1.2 Kappa doesn't have the best drivability for city traffic and highway performance is poor at best as the car is heavier and the engine is just not that powerful. Driving dynamics, steering, suspension and engine all these are better in the Jazz.
Old 3rd September 2014, 14:58   #9709
BHPian

Quote:
Guys need your valuable suggestions regarding purchase of a pretty worshipped jazz.

I am on the look out to purchase my first car. I decided to go for a used car as my options are limited in the 5.5L budget wrt safety features. Most of the examples I come across are i20s and high mileage swift zxi. Recently a Honda jazz has caught my eyes.

Year:2011
Airbags, abs, alloy wheels, music sys
Colour:blue
Odo:24000
Condition:good
Price:4.4L negotiable.

What is a good price to pay for such a car? The carwale.com suggester gives a qoute in similar price range. Also what kind of expense am I looking at for a jazz that has run 30k? Tire, brake pads change etc.

Also will the jazz be considerably more expensive to run, service and maintain compared to swift, i20 or a new wagon r? What about spares cost and availability? Any place I can access the parts list?
Quote:
*pre

Would appreciate a quick response so that I don't lose the car. It will either be jazz or i20.

Dear, these are Jap/Korean petrol cars we are talking about. All of these are highly reliable and least troublesome. The question of maintainance cost shouldn't be there at all IMO unless the one you are buying has some troubles already. As you have updated that it would either be the Jazz or an i20, both are really fine but I would recommend the Jazz, as i20 may be feature rich, but it's driving dynamics are horrible and suspension remains confused at all times, also the 1.2 Kappa doesn't have the best drivability for city traffic and highway performance is poor at best as the car is heavier and the engine is just not that powerful. Driving dynamics, steering, suspension and engine all these are better in the Jazz.
Old 3rd September 2014, 20:57   #9710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post

Just got back from a TD. The car is definitely a great buy. If it was all in my hand, i would have bought it then and there.

But the thing is Bank of dad is not convinced. Dad took along a friend of his(maruti guy) who intern bought along couple of mechanics. Even though they also acknowledged that the car is in top condition, they said the following:
1.Spares are hard to get.
2.Service cost is a bomb. They said each visits costs ~10k. Also hyundai and honda are way costlier to maintain than maruti.
3.We do not touch such complicated cars.

Dad now insists on buying a wagon r.

Are these just rumours or is there any truth in them. Does anyone have any file or link to jazz, wagon r, swift and i20 spares list so that i can show them to my dad. I don't want to be the fool who let go of a good deal.

Please help.
Old 3rd September 2014, 23:29   #9711
BHPian

I wish to sell my 2001 Accent GTX petrol, 98k KMs, with BRC LPG kit in Bangalore. What could be a good price for selling this car?
Old 4th September 2014, 00:36   #9712
Senior - BHPian

Guys, how much should one pay for a single owner Oct 2009 Getz 1.3 GLS/GLX 14k on the ODO in Bangalore, considering all papers and service history are good? Seller is asking for 2.9.
Old 4th September 2014, 11:02   #9713
BHPian

Folks, need some help!

How much should one pay for a company owned Sep 2013 Fiat Linea Emotion Diesel 1.3 10k on the ODO in Bangalore, considering all papers and service history are good? The color is blue. Seller is asking for 7.0. Is it a good deal?

Last edited by naut : 4th September 2014 at 11:05. Reason: Minro edits
Old 4th September 2014, 13:23   #9714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Guys, how much should one pay for a single owner Oct 2009 Getz 1.3 GLS/GLX 14k on the ODO in Bangalore, considering all papers and service history are good? Seller is asking for 2.9.
Definetly looks high to me. What are i10 Kappa of similar vintage going for in Bangalore ? The Getz should sell at a discount to the i10 given that its a discontinued model. Chennai prices for this car would be in the region of 2.3-2.4 max
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 14:06   #9715
BHPian

I am planning to sell my Fiat Palio Stile Sport 2008 Model. It has around 30k on the odo, well maintained and its in Bangalore. Any idea how much i can sell it for?
Old 4th September 2014, 14:30   #9716
BHPian

Quote:

1.Spares are hard to get.
2.Service cost is a bomb. They said each visits costs ~10k. Also hyundai and honda are way costlier to maintain than maruti.
3.We do not touch such complicated cars.
I couldn't find the right smily to start with. hehe.
You can't just compare a Wagon R with a Jazz or an i20. Even the Swift is a much better product than the Wagon R and the likes of the Jazz and i20 are far superior even to a Swift.
As I said in my previous post, Wagon R would be cheaper to maintain, there is no doubt about that, because it is a cheaper car. The spares of a Jazz/i20 could be costlier to the spares of the Wagon R by a huge margin. Even my Swift's ORVM's mirror was replaced for some Rs.150 while my friend's i20's same mirror costed around Rs.435, which is about 3 times. But, you just can not compare the quality of these two mirrors and the i20's ORVM are electronically controlled, so this part has 2 wires in it and hence more complicated too.
What I am trying to say is that something which has better quality and better functionality should cost higher, there is nothing about it that should bother you as they are Honda and Hyundai, very reliable and certainly durable. They are not going to break down often, assuring fewer visits to your mechanic, i.e. lesser headache.
About availability of spare parts, people are maintaining their Unos, Palios, Matiz for more than a decade now. I am sure that Jazz's spare parts couldn't be that difficult to source since Honda is still doing business here, at least their authorized service centers should be able to arrange them, though it may take more time for them to source some parts from outside your city but it shouldn't be an issue for you. Ask me, my parents are maintaining a 2006 Baleno in a remote village of Mathura in U.P. Some of the parts are ordered by the service center and they come from Gurgaon, delaying the service but if it can be managed there, it can certainly be managed in cities like Bangalore/Chennai/Delhi for example.
I don't even understand your Maruti guys' comments on the Jazz being a 'complicated car'. LOLz, it is one of the most trouble free hatchback if you ask me.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 17:22   #9717
BHPian

In the market looking to buy a Skoda Laura (2012 and later) 1.8 Tsi. What would be the approximate price in Bangalore? (Say 2 or 2.5 years old and 30k on the odo)

Would be really thankful if you can point me to good second hand car dealers in Bangalore. Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 07:25   #9718
BHPian

Hi,

I had seen a petrol 2010 Chevy Beat LT(Not the optional pack) in Kerala. Run 44k, Second owner,two tyres replaced recently, black with the usual scratches of city running. The person quoted 2.6Lakh while I think the appropriate price is more within 2.2 - 2.4.
Also going to look at a 2000 Bolero run close to 60k(Have doubts on the authenticity of this claim though). I assume this model comes with the X3DP engine and not the DI.
Could you please help me out here wrt prices and the pain points of these cars.

Roomy
Old 7th September 2014, 08:45   #9719
Senior - BHPian

Team,
What is the best price that can be paid for a 2007 Swift VXi done 72k kms. The asking price is Rs 265000.
Old 7th September 2014, 11:11   #9720
Senior - BHPian

What is the approximate market price for a 4-5 year old Honda City (new shape) in Hyderabad?

Also, how much would a 60k run 2008 Swift VXi in Hyderabad go for?

I think we should put some sort of disclaimer for this thread: It is depressing for buyers in South India and sellers in North India to see the huge price difference for a similar car elsewhere in India!

Last edited by zenren : 7th September 2014 at 11:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks