Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2014, 08:55   #9781
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
I personally feel that you should rethink about going for an automatic. Are your difficulties really worth the premium you will be paying for an automatic car + lower FE and probably lower fun in driving ( I feel manual is a better option). This is just an opinion.
The OP is clearly troubled with the manual gear box and not comfortable shifting gears. How can manual be a more fun oriented driving option for him in that case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nd3r50n View Post
If I buy an autobox, will this figure be affected radically? I am looking to buy a 2009-2011 Honda City Automatic which has a torque based autobox and not a CVT.
Expect a mileage of around 9-10 kmpl within city limits with the Honda AT. Dealers and sellers might coax you into believing otherwise. So beware of this.

Quote:
Second, The SWift can easily handle rough terrain (read potholes, misaligned pavement blocks et al) without breaking a sweat. Will the Honda City be a match for the Swift in such conditions? Or will it require regular garage visits
The city will match the Swift, if not better it, on all counts of reliability and built. Do not worry on this front.

Quote:
Buying a used Honda City that has run an average of 45K minimum, is it worth it? How much life can I expect out of such a car, especially considering that the autobox might be a potential risk?
The city is a very reliable car. 2 of my close relatives have a AT City and the cars have run in excess of 60k kms each without any gearbox issues. Honestly I am yet to come across any premature failure issues with the Honda's AT box.

45k kms are not more by any standard for the Honda city. But be aware that the after sales cost is going to be more than Maruti. Honda servicing is not very cheap although its not very costly either.

Lastly try to find an individual seller rather than buying a car from a dealer. You look in no hurry to buy a new car and hence can wait. There would be plenty of good used examples in the market. If buying from a dealer then get the car's full service history from Honda and get it evaluated at there dealership.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 24th September 2014 at 09:14. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts as requested.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 09:39   #9782
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The OP is clearly troubled with the manual gear box and not comfortable shifting gears. How can manual be a more fun oriented driving option for him in that case?
Sir I completely agree with your words. It was probably my higher inclination towards MTs which made me say so. Someone who is not comfortable with a MT should definitely go for AT.
Also, the paddle shifts which come in the Honda city will keep OP more than happy whenever he misses the fun part of a Manual gearbox.
Old 24th September 2014, 20:53   #9783
BHPian

This is my first post on Team-BHP and let me start with a question to the experienced guys here.
I am using my Hyundai Santro XS for the last 10 years and now planning to go for a sedan in the coming months. Please suggest me the right price that I can get for my car. Following are the details:

Car: Hyundai Santro XS
Model : 2004 (December)
KMs run: 53000
Colour: Forest Dew

Recently did a Tire replacement with Yokohama tires and the clutch assembly was overhauled this month.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!!
Old 25th September 2014, 05:13   #9784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Car: I10 Asta (Petrol)
Model: 2008

How much worth is the above car? The owner is quoting 2.45 lakhs for the same.

Need some urgent advice. Is it worth the quoted price?
Old 25th September 2014, 06:12   #9785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Need some urgent advice. Is it worth the quoted price?
How many kms on the ODO ? I think price sounds right.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 15:58   #9786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nd3r50n View Post

So, I have three primary questions related to the use of the new (used) car.
I had done something similar. I had purchased a used Swift ZXI in May 2009 (Mfg.2006) and exchanged it for Honda City AT 2012 last year. I paid 6.25 cash and my other car (valued at 2L).

Worked good for me though honestly in the city conditions average will take a beat.

Regards,

Last edited by noopster : 25th September 2014 at 19:33. Reason: Please don't quote a large post in its entirety, makes things difficult for our small-screen users
NVI2112 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 16:16   #9787
BHPian

I was not able to find the reply from another member ( to quote) mentioning about single owner company owned car.

I am planning to sell a TN registered Ford Classic1.4 Titanium owned by me for the past 20 months with 24 k on the ODO.

Carwale gave valuation in the ranges of 6.0 to 6.5 lakhs and a dealer offered 5.40 lakhs, few more dealers followed with the same price.

I had posted ads with 5.75 lakhs and got a decent number of enquiries, now the questions

Is the websites really useful or just makes us feel better by quoting big numbers?

Owning a car in company car scheme as a single owner and selling it as third owner(most probably) only in documentation angle reduces the car value or the image created in the market that other than Maruti and Hyundai products will sell at low prices is reducing the car value?

Thanks for expert opinions
Old 25th September 2014, 21:05   #9788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
How many kms on the ODO ? I think price sounds right.

The car has been bought today by one of my friends. It has 64000+ on the ODO. Even I think it is worth the price.
Old 25th September 2014, 21:47   #9789
BHPian

Need urgent help. I need to sell my swift diesel immediately as I am planning to book a duster. What should be the asking price if I am selling privately?

MAke: Swift LDi (2009)
ODO: 88k
Condition - Well maintained, full service history available, new tyres which are less than 8 months old and done only 8k kms. Aftermarket power windows and touch screen HU with reverse cam

Front bumper may require repainting and replacement of clips (left side has come lose)

Thanks in advance

Last edited by DieselLover : 25th September 2014 at 21:52. Reason: edit
Old 26th September 2014, 08:50   #9790
BHPian

Urgent help needed.

For the past 10 days, I've been searching for a used car within my budget of 2.5 Lacs and came across numerous examples. Finally I've decided to go for a 2006 Corolla H5 from a dealer which has done 72000 Kms. I've verified the service records from Harsha Toyota and the reading seems to be genuine.
Now, my questions are,
1) What price should I pay for the car? the dealer was quoting 2.75L and came down to 2.6L on first round of negotiation
2) How to make sure that its the H5 model? any unique features to be looked up? I'm totally new to D-Segmenters.
3) Finally, the question for Corolla gurus out here. What are the key things that I need to check in a 8-Year Old Corolla? What could be the average service cost per year?

Your suggestions are much appreciated. I'm going for the final round of
negotiation tomorrow. If I get some answers for my questions by today, it will be of great help on finalizing the deal.
Old 26th September 2014, 09:40   #9791
BHPian

Hi Kablu, I sold my 2005 H5 (it has a retractable rear screen) done 98K kms in Jan this year for 2.5 L in Bangalore, which was a little low here, but i was in a hurry.

Provided the car has excellent body line no rusting. Now i own a 2003 H2 which my dad used to drive, i love this car. It has done 1.64 K kms and only yesterday the clutch was replaced. But you need to check for it as clutch life depends on driving conditions or style, though my earlier Corolla did not needed a clutch change even at 98K kms. Clutch replacement will cost you 10K including labour at TASS. Now most expensive is the suspension overhaul or replacement of all related components. That process started in my car at 1.50K kms and cost me 50K. If these two works are not needed, you can buy it for 2.5 L, this car is excellent VFM, but get the car checked once at TASS. Average service cost including oil change every 10K kms is below 5K. If you prefer synthetic oil it will cost you 2K more. Any regular/ consumable parts are cheap, others are expensive, but you should know that the parts reliability is top notch and you will not have to replace it again and again. So you might not spend more than 10K per year in the usual course, but any major change of parts may cost you extra 15-25K once in three years. If you manage to keep it for one year, you might not want to sell it at all.
zulfi hansi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 12:24   #9792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinemala View Post
This is my first post on Team-BHP and let me start with a question to the experienced guys here.
I am using my Hyundai Santro XS for the last 10 years and now planning to go for a sedan in the coming months. Please suggest me the right price that I can get for my car. Following are the details:

Car: Hyundai Santro XS
Model : 2004 (December)
KMs run: 53000
Colour: Forest Dew

Recently did a Tire replacement with Yokohama tires and the clutch assembly was overhauled this month.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!!

Any Suggestions
Old 26th September 2014, 12:50   #9793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Hi Kablu, I sold my 2005 H5 (it has a retractable rear screen) done 98K kms in Jan this year for 2.5 L in Bangalore, which was a little low here, but i was in a hurry.
@zulfi hansi, That's a descriptive response and answered almost all my queries. Thanks a lot mate. i Think I should be able to seal the deal at 2.4L.
Just one more query. I test drove the car for a 2 km rough patch with lot of gear changes. The clutch seems to be fine and suspension faired well. However, is there any sophisticated method available with TASS for checking the same?
Old 26th September 2014, 13:09   #9794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Hi Guys,

planning to upgrade Fiat Punto 1.3 active run 41000kms Nov 2011 model.
Please suggest what is the best price to sell.
Have 195/60/R15 OEM alloys and Tires, panasonic/infinity music system. Diamond white color.
Please suggest friends.
Old 26th September 2014, 13:52   #9795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
Hello all, I was looking for a car and a friend of my uncle is selling his may 2013 registered Verna 1.6 SX for 8 lac. The car has done 27k kms and is in pretty good state. The price is 8 lac as he was offered the same from one of the car dealers. Any ideas?
Any recommendations guys? The shradhs are over and the contact is looking to buy a new car soon so I don't have much time to take a call on this.

Most Viewed