Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2014, 12:47   #9871
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Chevy's go really low in terms of resale value here in Kolkata. Donot know if it is the same as in Goa. A 2008 Aveo would fetch a price of around 2 Lacs in Kolkata. But since this car belongs to your friend and has a low mileage I suppose you have less chance of negotiation. Please keep in mind Chevy's cost of maintenance is relatively higher as compared to other brands. Otherwise Aveo is a wonderful car. Keep us informed about your decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
Guys,

I need to know the present market price of Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 LS limited edition 2008 model (silver blue) at Goa (rust / corrosion factor to be considered). Car belongs to my friend, extremely well maintained with very low mileage. As he is upgrading to Renault Duster, this car is up for sale ( in a month or two)
Thanks, Ashok
CountMe91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 13:06   #9872
BHPian

Need feedback from members on how much would a decently maintained 2002 WagonR vxi model from Bangalore, with 55K km on the ODO fetch?

There are no major issues issues with the car, it has a new battery in Oct'14, insurance was renewed in Oct'14 and pretty much parked inside most of the time nowadays since nobody is using it.
Old 26th October 2014, 18:36   #9873
BHPian

What would be the resale price of a June 2012 VW Vento Diesel (HL) done 45000 kms? The car is in a pristine condition with 0-dep insurance till Jun'15.
Old 26th October 2014, 21:28   #9874
BANNED

Guys, I am getting a Baleno (2005 model) VXi variant. Done only 30K kms and as per seller, it has all the documents and servicing bills. Also the seller claims all servicings have been done at Maruti Harision(Panipat Dealer). The car is also in Panipat only. It is available for 90K. If I do buy it, how much would a CNG kit cost? and transfer of name to Gurgaon (HR26)?
kisharchit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 18:52   #9875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
Guys, I am getting a Baleno (2005 model) VXi variant. Done only 30K kms and as per seller, it has all the documents and servicing bills. Also the seller claims all servicings have been done at Maruti Harision(Panipat Dealer). The car is also in Panipat only. It is available for 90K. If I do buy it, how much would a CNG kit cost? and transfer of name to Gurgaon (HR26)?

90K for 2005 Model Baleno is too high, one of my friends in Hyderabad had got a similar Baleno for 60K. Considering the region I assume you should get it for around the same price as cars sold in South India are high compared to North India.

Moreover, read in few ownership reviews that Baleno's before 2006 spares are more expensive when compared to the later versions (Team-BHP, correct me if I am wrong). Also, sourcing the spares might be a challenge.

This is my perception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Need feedback from members on how much would a decently maintained 2002 WagonR vxi model from Bangalore, with 55K km on the ODO fetch?

There are no major issues issues with the car, it has a new battery in Oct'14, insurance was renewed in Oct'14 and pretty much parked inside most of the time nowadays since nobody is using it.
2002 WagonR vxi with 55K on ODO is very less usage, we rarely get to see these kind of vehicles. Can quote between 1.15 Lac to 1.25 Lacs if single owner and 1 Lac to 1.10 Lac if 2nd owner.

BTW, built quality is strong compared to latest vehicles.

I recently got 2001 Santro with 42K on ODO, could feel the build difference compared to the recent vehicles. Also had few hits from the rude bikers and cabs, nothing major happened apart from few paint scratches and no dents too .

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 28th October 2014 at 10:03. Reason: Back to back posts.
pavan_6818 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 19:47   #9876
BHPian

Quote:
I have got a quote of Rs. 65k from a Tata showroom in Delhi for my parents' 2006 LXi. It will br available for sale in next one month for Rs. 75k+
It has run 1L km and color is Pearl silver.
Old 27th October 2014, 21:46   #9877
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan_6818 View Post
90K for 2005 Model Baleno is too high, one of my friends in Hyderabad had got a similar Baleno for 60K. Considering the region I assume you should get it for around the same price as cars sold in South India are high compared to North India.

Moreover, read in few ownership reviews that Baleno's before 2006 spares are more expensive when compared to the later versions (Team-BHP, correct me if I am wrong). Also, sourcing the spares might be a challenge.

This is my perception
But the total kms of 30K kms shouldn't make it a little pricier? Spares can be managed. No issues on that front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I have got a quote of Rs. 65k from a Tata showroom in Delhi for my parents' 2006 LXi. It will br available for sale in next one month for Rs. 75k+
It has run 1L km and color is Pearl silver.
1L is too much. This has mere 30K kms and is the only reason I am even considering this car. I guess I could skip it for a cheaper car.

EDIT: See the picture. It is further confusing me.
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-screen-shot-20141027-9.48.12-pm.png  

Last edited by kisharchit : 27th October 2014 at 21:49.
Old 27th October 2014, 22:01   #9878
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This has mere 30K kms and is the only reason I am even considering this car. I guess I could skip it for a cheaper car.
To be honest it is very tough to set a correct price for such old cars which have been discontinued now. So since your heart is set on the car and the odo reading seems genuine, go for it. 10-20k here and there while buying a CAR is not a big deal if it gives you that extra comfort and ease of ownership. Try to negotiate with the seller as much as you can and close the deal.
drmohitg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 22:14   #9879
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
To be honest it is very tough to set a correct price for such old cars which have been discontinued now. So since your heart is set on the car and the odo reading seems genuine, go for it. 10-20k here and there while buying a CAR is not a big deal if it gives you that extra comfort and ease of ownership. Try to negotiate with the seller as much as you can and close the deal.
Yes Doc. Will see to it and negotiate with seller in the coming weekend. Meanwhile will send a friend to inspect the car who lives in the city.
Old 27th October 2014, 22:40   #9880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Stay away from these steal deals if you need to change the registration. Even if Baleno's resale value has tanked, road tax in new state would be pro-rated based on original showroom price and cost you as much as the car!

EDIT: Just saw you are in HR itself. What does transfer to HR 26 mean?

Last edited by zenren : 27th October 2014 at 22:42.
Old 27th October 2014, 23:25   #9881
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Stay away from these steal deals if you need to change the registration. Even if Baleno's resale value has tanked, road tax in new state would be pro-rated based on original showroom price and cost you as much as the car!

EDIT: Just saw you are in HR itself. What does transfer to HR 26 mean?
Well state no change. Only city. Panipat (where the car is) is HR01 (HR for Haryana) and Gurgaon (where all our cars are registered) is HR26 hence inquiring for the change.
Old 27th October 2014, 23:59   #9882
Senior - BHPian

We want to sell our Indigo XL Grand Dicor May 2007 that has run 194KKms.
What price should I be looking for?

The Used Car Price Check Tool is quoting 232K- 268K but for 12000/year running and price trends over time, etc.

One of broker quoted 60-70K as Dicor Engines in Indigo are infamous unlike CR4 Engines.

Should I sell to the dealer while buying new car or sell privately and then buy new car separately.
Old 28th October 2014, 08:57   #9883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well state no change. Only city. Panipat (where the car is) is HR01 (HR for Haryana) and Gurgaon (where all our cars are registered) is HR26 hence inquiring for the change.
Unless there is a special rule (not that I'm aware of) for NCR, you'll still be keeping HR01 and getting it registered under your name without any change in registration.

I'm assuming this would be your second car. Don't expect it to be a daily driver with backup option. Most Balenos I've heard about recently end up spending a 20-day period in MASS if they go in. Situation could be better in north, but don't expect turn arounds like a regular car.

I would suggest checking with the MASS and/or MGP outlet in your area regarding the spares availability once and take that input as well. If they feel spares shouldn't be a big problem, you can go for it. However, if they think even regular consumable parts are hard to come by, then it is better to stay away from it. It is still a 9 year old car irrespective of the odo and there are parts that would need to be replaced just because of age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
We want to sell our Indigo XL Grand Dicor May 2007 that has run 194KKms.
What price should I be looking for?

The Used Car Price Check Tool is quoting 232K- 268K but for 12000/year running and price trends over time, etc.

One of broker quoted 60-70K as Dicor Engines in Indigo are infamous unlike CR4 Engines.

Should I sell to the dealer while buying new car or sell privately and then buy new car separately.
Check out the exchange bonus and resale value that Maruti is willing to give on new Dzire. Since you are looking at the facelifted version, there is a high chance they might not offer any discounts or freebies but they might still quote a decent value for the car as a consolation.

Last edited by zenren : 28th October 2014 at 09:01.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 10:08   #9884
Senior - BHPian

My neighbour, a young guy, is looking for an upgrade from his Maruti 800 and shortlisted two pre owned cars:

1. Ford Fiesta Classic 1.4 Zxi - 2007 May - 52000 kms - 2.5L negotiable
2. Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLX - 2007 - 52000 kms - 2L

He is based in Kochi rural and monthly usage is not more than 500 kms. He wish to retain the car for next five years. Both cars are single owner and service history available.

What is the fair price for above cars? Which one is best suited in terms of maintenance and spare parts availability?
Old 30th October 2014, 17:37   #9885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Ford Fiesta Classic 1.4 Zxi - 2007 May - 52000 kms - 2.5L negotiable. Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLX - 2007 - 52000 kms - 2L
He is based in Kochi rural and monthly usage is not more than 500 kms. He wish to retain the car for next five years.
Hello,

Since your friend is based in a rural area, both the above cars are not suitable for him, as he plans to keep the car for next 5 years, by which time the cars will be more than 10 years old.

If his budget is limited, I will suggest him to stick to Maruti / Hyundai Cars when it comes to long term ownership and spare parts availability in rural areas.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks