Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2015, 15:21   #10246

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. sen View Post
Dear Friend,

2009 Honda Accord 2.4 MT should be around 6 lacs, provided it has at least 60% tyre life (going to cost you, around 35k to 40k, for ok type and around 50k for a top of the line tyre like michelein etc. chances are either tyres are new or going to be bald, as a typical accord tyre goes for 25-30k life, on good tarmac, due to soft compound nature of all high end cars. A little tread depth is always left in these cars, due to high spee driving in highways. so dont be fooled by the 1.5 to 2mm tread depth, which is the minimum for these tyres. (your chennai also has rains, so all the more tread requirement.)

we have an accord 2010 accord AT, v6, in our Dubai office. hence the advise.

You need to check suspension, bushes, engine mount, cluth plate, wheel bearing, a/c condenser, thermostat, and take complete service history.

In kolkata, They are asking anything between 5-6, as most of these are company owned, and they have outlived their tax utility!

Hope this was useful. If you had previously not owned such vehicle, then please get the spare part price list, as well as the labour rate list for the accord from the local dealer. Perhaps you might get a surprise.

Also ask if it was driver driven (avoid those), or self driven. If self driven, ask the local mechanic and any parts dealer. check the same for the parts and labour prices.

Hope you got the message.

Wish you all the best. Its a very nice car. You and your family specially the kids will get spoilt after some consecutive rides. They will shun all other cars. My kids have !

Regards

dr. sen
Thank you Mr.Sen. Very insightful. I have been smitten by the 180 horses of the Accord but am also very wary about the running cost impact. Just to give you a perspective, i have a 2008 Swift Dzire which has run close to 90K kilometers but it still averages 17-21km's, and services are standard fares less than 9K. Now the inevitable mileage question. Given the car will mostly be used on highway trips.

Thanks again
-Abi
Old 13th March 2015, 16:06   #10247
BHPian

Guys, I am travelling onsite and want to sell my immaculately cared Italian stallion on steroids (remapped fiat punto sports). It's an October 2013 make vehicle registered in February 2014.

- Ceramic coating by ultimate detailerz
- underbody coating by 3M
- ECU remapping by wolfmoto
- Alloys painted n side body decals stripped
- insurance renewed recently
- 1st service done recently
- around 12000 kms on odo

It's on company lease. The interested bhpian can get the lease pre-closed (will cost about 7 lacs) n get it registered in his/her name.

Please PM me for any more information.

Whitesquall

Last edited by whitesquall : 13th March 2015 at 16:09.
Old 14th March 2015, 07:59   #10248

Hi folks... a friend of mine in Chennai who's not comfortable driving is looking for an used car to learn well and then move on to a new car. He has finalized a 2004 Santro Xing XG ( 2 owners) which shows 58000kms on the odo, for 1.48 Lakhs (1.4 L for the car + 3k dealer's commission + 1k for name transfer). The car is due for insurance renewal next month, which would cost around 4k it seems.

He took me along to inspect the car... the exteriors look very good... interiors are not bad. Looks like there's some repainting done. I'm not good at evaluating a car, but he's going by the fact that it's certified by cartrade.com.

Please help us out on the following.

a) Is the price fair? It's 2 owners already. But he's not keen in selling it again anyway.

b) Can he go by cartrade certification alone?

Looking forward to your expert opinions.
Old 14th March 2015, 12:32   #10249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun2014 View Post
Hi folks... a friend of mine in Chennai who's not comfortable driving is looking for an used car to learn well and then move on to a new car. He has finalized a 2004 Santro Xing XG ( 2 owners) which shows 58000kms on the odo, for 1.48 Lakhs (1.4 L for the car + 3k dealer's commission + 1k for name transfer). The car is due for insurance renewal next month, which would cost around 4k it seems.

He took me along to inspect the car... the exteriors look very good... interiors are not bad. Looks like there's some repainting done. I'm not good at evaluating a car, but he's going by the fact that it's certified by cartrade.com.

Please help us out on the following.

a) Is the price fair? It's 2 owners already. But he's not keen in selling it again anyway.

b) Can he go by cartrade certification alone?

Hello,

My family has a car trade certified wagonr. Our experience with their bavdhan dealership was good. I think their certification is fair but considering the fact that the car already had 2 owners it would be good if you can get the service history. It would be better if you avoid a 2nd owner used car. If he is really keen on that car then ask him to bring the price down atleast by 10-20k.

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 14:37   #10250
BHPian

Quote:

From my experience, the price is way too much - should be less than 1 lakh. For a 11 year old Santro, the registration is going to expire in 4 years. 1.5 lakh doesn't make any sense.
ChupaRustam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 17:07   #10251

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChupaRustam View Post
From my experience, the price is way too much - should be less than 1 lakh. For a 11 year old Santro, the registration is going to expire in 4 years. 1.5 lakh doesn't make any sense.
Thanks for sharing your views.

Yeah...even I felt that's it's priced high... particularly when it's owned by 2 already and my friend, if he buys, would be the third owner. The final price they've quoted for the car is 1.4 Lakhs. In addition, it would cost him about 8k (3k dealer commission + 1k for name transfer + 4 k for insurance renewal).

Although he's not thinking about selling it again, just in case the car has any defects (there's no service history although certified by cartrade.com), he doesn't have a choice too sell it, and I guess he would lose about 70k instantly.
Old 14th March 2015, 17:46   #10252

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Hello,

My family has a car trade certified wagonr. Our experience with their bavdhan dealership was good. I think their certification is fair but considering the fact that the car already had 2 owners it would be good if you can get the service history. It would be better if you avoid a 2nd owner used car. If he is really keen on that car then ask him to bring the price down atleast by 10-20k.

Asit
Thanks a lot for your advice Asit.

Service history is not available, and what they've quoted is the final price it seems. Yeah, the car is in good condition, but I'm wondering how they're quoting this much when it's a 2nd owner used car. Btw, the dealership is not owned by cartrade. This particular car is just listed their website and is certified by them. In bavdhan, they have their own dealership I guess. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 14th March 2015, 18:49   #10253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for your advice Asit.

Service history is not available, and what they've quoted is the final price it seems. Yeah, the car is in good condition, but I'm wondering how they're quoting this much when it's a 2nd owner used car. Btw, the dealership is not owned by cartrade. This particular car is just listed their website and is certified by them. In bavdhan, they have their own dealership I guess. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Please ask your friend not to get this car. I also had seen 2-3 cars listed on their website but not from the car trade dealerships. These cars were in a real bad shape with messed up ODO's. Typically how used car dealers present their cars. Yes bavdhan has a dedicated cartrade dealership.

Asit
Old 14th March 2015, 21:20   #10254
BHPian

Buying a pre-loved C2 segment car

Hi guys, a junior here at team-bhp, asking for some help from the family.
Its a fairly long post, you can skip to the next paragraph.

Im an 19 year old, looking for a drive to college and the weekends, with a budget of 6-8 lacs.
I started of with looking for new hatchbacks. Problem is, im 6'2'' tall, which limits my options in hatches, since there is practically no rear leg room left with me at the driver seat. The options i was left with were the elite i20 and the etios liva. (I did check the swift,brio and polo But too low on space).
The liva with its spartan interiors was a complete downer.
The i20 is an amazing looker, but, the ultra light steering wheel during the test drive killed it completely.

So now, im scouting for pre owned options : particularly the C2 segment
Im looking at post 2012 cars. Nothing greater than 25k kms. Budget for pre owned is 6.5 lacs approx, since i wouldnt want to spend the upper end of my budget on a pre owned car.

1)VW Vento/Skoda Rapid
2)Honda City (ANHC)
3)Fiesta 1.6S

So coming to the point:
Am i being ridiculous to consider a petrol vento as my primary option? Im in love with the car, and don't want another city, since we already have one at home, and a few in the family.

A dealer is quoting 6.7l for an end 2012 vento highline petrol run 22k kms. What should be the value for it?
Old 14th March 2015, 23:08   #10255
BHPian

What should be the ideal price for a Oct 2012 X1 sdrive20d registered in Delhi? 5000km on the ODO. Dealer is asking for 19L.
Old 14th March 2015, 23:19   #10256
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi -----snip-----ions.
For such an old car, it's better to be looking at individuals on classifieds website or some such. The dealer network, which all these cartrade mfc etc are, end of day, will have binged with the odo. Try and avoid.
Old 15th March 2015, 08:51   #10257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
What should be the ideal price for a Oct 2012 X1 sdrive20d registered in Delhi? 5000km on the ODO. Dealer is asking for 19L.
A friend of mine exchanged his Oct 2012 X1 for a brand new 3 series last month. The car had done 38k KMs it was the entry level variant. He got 20 lakhs for it. But this was in bangalore where used car prices are very high and this was an exchange. Infact Audi had quoted 17 lakhs for the same car if he bought the A4
Old 15th March 2015, 10:25   #10258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
A friend of mine exchanged his Oct 2012 X1 for a brand new 3 series last month. The car had done 38k KMs it was the entry level variant. He got 20 lakhs for it. But this was in bangalore where used car prices are very high and this was an exchange. Infact Audi had quoted 17 lakhs for the same car if he bought the A4
What are the reasons your friend shifted from X1 to 320d, both the cars are very close in qualities.

Mods: Please pardon me, this is completely off topic.
Old 15th March 2015, 12:10   #10259
BHPian

A dealer is offering a 2014 September hyundai Verna SX OPT AT Diesel clocked 5000 Kms single owner for 11.30L in chennai. This is the final price quoted by him and the car is brand new in condition at least in the pictures that he has Sent me. The OTR for the latest Verna is 14.85L for a similar spec. Please advise if this a good deal.
Old 15th March 2015, 12:49   #10260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
What are the reasons your friend shifted from X1 to 320d, both the cars are very close in qualities.

Mods: Please pardon me, this is completely off topic.
The 2012 X1 was the previous facelift in which the steering is harder than that of a 20 year old truck. That was the primary reason the other being he's moving up in life. He's got the Sportline variant which is the top of the line

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks