Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2015, 21:00   #10321
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
White smoke from petrol engines is not a good sign. Generally means oil getting burnt. An engine rebuild is on the cards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Avoid Palios with engine problems. Big bills for sure while repairing.
Thanks glenmz and SunnyBoi. I will drop this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Palio is a strict no no for me, obvious reasons age and spare issues. 1.5L for a S10 is outrageous, people will not pay even 75K for it, in Bangalore too. If you want real FTD factor you should look at the old Fiesta 1.6. Plus the mods you can do on it. You will get a good one with less mileage for about 2-2.5. No other car can match its handling in this budget not a Baleno or the Honda city. The engine is only next best to the VTech though.
I would have negotiated the price and would have paid little more if the car is good. Fiesta 1.6S is what I am looking at also but not getting a good car.

I am getting Ikon 1.3 and few fiestas. Will try to check both the models.
Old 30th March 2015, 13:38   #10322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
We are looking at Grand i10 Asta 2014, done about 6000 Kms. Excellent condition. What should be the maximum price that we should pay for this. The owner is expecting somewhere about 4.60 -4.70.
Grand i10 Asta just 10 months old. just 6000 kms on the ODO. The car is practically absolutely "New" with even plastic covers on the seats and the jack and tools in sealed packets. Finally bought it for Rs 4.29 Lacs.
Old 30th March 2015, 14:29   #10323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Ikon 1.3 in my list. Saw an OLX ad for a 2004 Ikon flair. Run 81,000km. Owner claims to have detailed service records. So how much life could be left in the car? I am planning to keep the car for two years.

I will go see the car tomorrow afternoon.
If it relates, I have a 2003 ikon 1.6 which is now at 137000 kms and with TLC it still brings smiles on the weekend drives.

The spares though are bit on higher side if sourced from FASS, best is to find a reliable FNG for servicing & spares.

Check for suspension noise at front, if the clutch, ignition coils, water pump and A/C valve is replaced in the total ownership. The last 3 pointers are the common problems in ikon.

Please keep in mind that ikon's brakes are less confidence inspiring as compared to other cars in same segment
pankaj_sachdeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 16:18   #10324
Team-BHP Support

Need to Sell -

Fortuner - 4X4 -2013 June - 18000 Km on Odo - scratch less ..

530D - BMW - 2014 Sep - Carbon Black - 3000 Km on Odo

what should I ask
Old 30th March 2015, 16:27   #10325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
If it relates, I have a 2003 ikon 1.6 which is now at 137000 kms and with TLC it still brings smiles on the weekend drives.
Thanks Pankaj. This one was a 1.3. The seller seem to be an honest guy. He had an 'L' board stuck on the car and told me he bought the car 4 months back to learn driving. The car has dents, a very disturbing sound, like a loose belt, coming from the bonnet. Decided to walk away.

I drove another Ikon 1.3 too and did not feel very refined. The 68,000km run car drove as if it had run 1,00,000km. I would've loved a 1.6, but the mileage puts me off

So, I have decided to stick with Lancer.

I'll go see a 2002 Lancer sometime this week and following are my questions:

1) It has an LPG kit. Seller says it was installed for about Rs.45,000 by him and he has been using it without any issues for a long time. But, over the phone, he said he has never driven in petrol after he fitted the LPG. To my understanding, an LPG'd car should be driven in petrol once a while to keep the engine equally happy with both petrol and LPG. How true is that? He said the car starts in petrol, runs with LPG and is in excellent condition.

2) If I am buying the car, I plan to get rid of the LPG kit. Would the LPG guys buy it back?
Old 1st April 2015, 16:48   #10326
BHPian

Gents - I am planning on acquiring a pre-owned 2009 model Audi A4 which has clocked under 50k.

Please can you advise on the right price for these models. Based on the estimate price, I will start me search
Old 1st April 2015, 18:30   #10327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Thanks Pankaj.

1) It has an LPG kit. Seller says it was installed for about Rs.45,000 by him and he has been using it without any issues for a long time. But, over the phone, he said he has never driven in petrol after he fitted the LPG. To my understanding, an LPG'd car should be driven in petrol once a while to keep the engine equally happy with both petrol and LPG. How true is that? He said the car starts in petrol, runs with LPG and is in excellent condition.

2) If I am buying the car, I plan to get rid of the LPG kit. Would the LPG guys buy it back?
Yes Sequential kits are costlier and they are really good.They have separate ECU.
I have installed Sequential kit 4yrs ago for my S10 and now it has run 35000kms without any issues. Performance loss is negligible. It starts in petrol and changes to LPG only after few kms..so i think that should be enough.Anyway i have driven it in petrol many times as we cannot find LPG bunks everywhere...
Try riding the car with the LPG as well as petrol mode and see if you can find any difference, if big difference is there, Take it to knowledgeable LPG tuner and get it tuned...If you are still not satisfied,sell it.
rock18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 18:41   #10328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Need to Sell -

what should I ask
Please let me know the asking price for the Fortuner. I would be interested in buying.
Old 1st April 2015, 18:57   #10329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
Yes Sequential kits are costlier and they are really good.They have separate ECU.
I have installed Sequential kit 4yrs ago for my S10 and now it has run 35000kms without any issues. Performance loss is negligible. It starts in petrol and changes to LPG only after few kms..so i think that should be enough.
Thanks. So even if the current owner is not running the car purposely on petrol 'once a while', it still runs in petrol for the first few km before switching to LPG without the user being aware? In that case, the injectors should be fine (because, from what I have read/heard, the injectors get clogged when not in run in petrol for a long time)?

P.S:- The reason I will be selling the LPG kit is not because of performance, its because my wife and parents still think that LPG kits are 'dangerous' and they are not ready to buy any arguments.
Old 1st April 2015, 19:08   #10330
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Please let me know the asking price for the Fortuner. I would be interested in buying.
sorry , sold Yesterday for 20 Lac to my knowns ,,
Old 1st April 2015, 20:53   #10331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Need to Sell -

what should I ask
What is the expectation on the 530 d? And has it been driven hard?
Old 2nd April 2015, 11:30   #10332
Senior - BHPian

All,

After a long search found a good 2008 palio 1.6 version. The car has done 60000 kms and looking at the pics is well kept. I am planning to go and check the car today.

Owner is quoting 2.3l. How much can I pay for this car?
Old 2nd April 2015, 11:58   #10333
BHPian

I am discussing buying a XUV500 W8 from Nov2012 done approx. 20,000.
Wanted to know what will be approx value and what are the issues i should lookout for.
Old 2nd April 2015, 17:55   #10334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
All,

After a long search found a good 2008 palio 1.6 version. The car has done 60000 kms and looking at the pics is well kept. I am planning to go and check the car today.

Owner is quoting 2.3l. How much can I pay for this car?
Asking is too high. I myself own one of 2002 vintage with much lesser mileage and when I took an estimate last year on how much it can fetch, I got disappointing figures. According to me, 1.5 is the max for a 2008 model. 1.75 if it is in immaculate condition.

Just for clarification, isn't a 2008 model a face-lift ed one? Some of the spares for the face-lift are hard to find and more expensive than the old gen.
Old 3rd April 2015, 07:17   #10335
BHPian

Grand i10 Magna with added music system, just 4 months old and run JUST 1000kms (Yes One thousand kms), my brother bought yesterday for 5 lacs.

Most Viewed