Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 08:53   #10621
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

2005 Baleno Lxi
Silver color
Single Owner
80k on odo

Car is in a very decent condition @ Coimbatore with recently added art leather seat covers, Basic DVD HU & Speakers. All electricals working fine and the car is mechanically good. Tires should run for another 10~15k km. To be simple, vehicle is so good inside out. What is the best price?
I finalized the deal couple of days back and taking the delivery in another couple of days.

Last edited by Mr.Boss : 21st July 2015 at 08:55.
Old 23rd July 2015, 12:56   #10622
Senior - BHPian

Gentlemen, need an advice urgently.

A person from my society is moving abroad by the 1st. Wants to sell his Honda Brio which I am interested in.
It is a very low run car, around 7-8k kms, 2012 model, variant S MT. It is in good condition with just a few scratches on the bumper. Planning to take a test drive tonight.

He is asking 3.65 for it. Only thing being he is the second owner.

How much would be a fair price for it?
Old 23rd July 2015, 14:36   #10623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
2005 Baleno Lxi
Silver color
Single Owner
80k on odo

Car is in a very decent condition @ Coimbatore with recently added art leather seat covers, Basic DVD HU & Speakers. All electricals working fine and the car is mechanically good. Tires should run for another 10~15k km. To be simple, vehicle is so good inside out. What is the best price?
I finalized the deal couple of days back and taking the delivery in another couple of days.
Got her today. Paid 1.55L
Old 24th July 2015, 22:21   #10624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
Hi Guys,

Need to purchase a second hand car, here the 2 cars below which i got via internet, this would be my first car.

1. Marati Wagon-R VXI.
Kms Covered: 17,915
Quoted Price: 3 lakhs
Month and Year: July 2012

2. Swift LXi
Kms Covered: 14,000 km
Quoted Price 4 lakhs
Month and Year:May 2013

I haven't checked the car, Iam planning to keep the car for 8-9 years, Please let me know, you think is the price fair enough.

Thanks,
You should look at Fiat punto petrols, chevrolet spark, 2006,07 model Maruti esteem cars for practical low run cars selling at low cost. nobody sells Maruti at a good deal. The esteem is an exception as its discontinued.

A used Tata nano with little mileage on the odo can be had even cheaper.
drsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 00:43   #10625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
I am Excited..!, i finally got an used Laura TSI Abmition (End 2012 Registered), dont ask me the price , i wanted to get Laura TSI and got it. the odo is <30K

I am getting the delivery this Week Friday since the RC transfer process in progress, previous owner refused to give the car before transfer and i feel it is the right thing to do so initiated the RC transfer process.

will post pictures after i get hold of the car.i have planned to Bilstein, Stage 1 , 16" alloys, tyres , leather seat covers etc etc.

-MUKE
I got my pre-owned White Laura TSI Ambi delivered today , when I went to my previous owners location to get the delivery of the car(from previous owner) I was thinking about checking the level of engine oil before driving the car and shocked to see the engine oil was little less than minimum level, the previous owner said the last service was done about 5K KMS and no oil lamp warning yet and he was out of station for 3 months. i was shocked to see that the engine oil was not maintained properly and did i made big blunder that was the thought back of my mind. , i paid the entire amount before checking this, the previous owner is travelling to US hence he wanted to sell, he bought Laura TSI under company lease and insurance has no claim as well., he also showed me all documents, based on certain trust i confirmed by purchase.

infact the previous owner took entire money only after the RC transfer formalities are completed and when he trusted me to this level i need to trust him as well..

coming back to this engine oil story.. when i realized that there is no sufficient level of engine oil i immediately realized i am not going to drive this vehicle without filling up the oil, I called up Shibin from Petes and he suggested getting one litre for shell fully synthetic oil from nearby shell petrol bunk , it was already 9.30 PM and I went to near by Shell bunk filled one litre oil, he also suggested me to run this in idle for 5-6 min before taking the car to drive, I did exactly what he suggested. Thanks to Shibin. now i know why many our team-bhp folks praise Petes and Shibin a lot.

During my drive home I did not notice any noise or vibrations or any sort of strange issues and drive was smooth. I assume there is no major issue due to low oil level though no low oil lamp warning glow.

I am leaving the car for Smart Wax , Interior detailing(its slightly soiled) and service with Shibin(Petes Bangalore) tomorrow. i already got 16" OEM Alloys from one of our TSI owner who upgraded to different set of alloys. I am also planning for Bilstein B6 with VRS springs, Stage1 from Pete's, Brake upgrade(need to think about this), good ICE(Very important for me), Seat covers(no seat covers now) and finally if budget permits will change Steering too.

I will do all these in stages , I need to understand TSI better in stock before doing stage1 but definitely before this December. will post some pics after smart wax treatment. I am now a proud owner of Laura TSI MT but in back of my mind i am bit scared about maintenance. so far i owned Esteem ,i10, Figo Diesel , Vento 1.6 MT Petrol, first time i own Skoda now . I never liked highway performance of any of these cars and every long drives made me tired. This is one of the reason why i searched for Laura TSI and picked it.

I decided on Laura TSI only because of inspirational posts from following team-bhp'ians. i must thank all of them who spent good amount of their time in writing wonderful posts and share their experience. Their ownership experience is what made me to go for Laura TSI MT.

driveanddrive , Jatin, Robimahanta, santhoshbhat, Mikon, avinash and many other's TSI post.

I will share my ownership experience with some photos later on.

-MUKESH
Old 25th July 2015, 07:10   #10626
BHPian

Suggest a used petrol car to buy in the 25-30L range ?
Criteria
1) Cant be older than 2012
2) Would prefer a sedan

Not many options?
Old 27th July 2015, 12:40   #10627
BHPian

A friend of mine is selling Mumbai City registered 2008 Model SX4 Petrol (ZXI-Top spec variant) with 50000 KM on ODO, Full service history from ASS, Incident Free, usual city scratches, recently insured. What should be the expected realization for the same?

Thanks.
Old 27th July 2015, 13:14   #10628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
Suggest a used petrol car to buy in the 25-30L range ?
Criteria
1) Cant be older than 2012
2) Would prefer a sedan

Not many options?
There was a Pune based 2012 VOLVO S60 T6 used on the classifieds here. Do check it out, one hell of a car.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 20:55   #10629
BHPian

Re- posting this after a week, pl give some pointers:
Thinking of Upgrading to Ciaz. That is if I get good rate for my Feb 2012 RITZ VDI. 17450 KM on Odo (yes, I know, it is less for a three year old car) Minor scratches on the front bumper. Maintained throughout at MASS (Indus Motors). Service history available. How much I can get for this vehicle at the max?
Old 27th July 2015, 22:20   #10630
BHPian

Hello bhpains. Am planning to sell my Honda accord 2.4 AT Dec 2008 (new shape) 61K kms. I am the 2nd owner. Full service history available. Am quoting 5.5L to some dealers, but ain't getting any inquiries. Am I ambitious... ?
Old 28th July 2015, 00:08   #10631
BHPian

I sold our old Maruti Zen Vxi for 90K to the Renault 2nd hand dealer

- Zen Vxi with power windows and A/C
- 2001 model
- 4 owners
- had done only 35K mileage
- registration was to expire in 2016

May be it was not a good deal. I could have bargained for more
Old 28th July 2015, 09:04   #10632
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
Maruti Zen Vxi for 90K
- Zen Vxi with power windows and A/C
- 2001 model
- 4 owners
- had done only 35K mileage
- registration was to expire in 2016
May be it was not a good deal. I could have bargained for more
It's a good deal IMO. Low mileage advantage is compensated by number of owners and vehicle's age. Here in Chennai 2000 model Zen VXi (1st / 2nd Owner) is available for less than the quoted price but I agree the mileage is at least twice / thrice yours and some were tampered meters.
Old 28th July 2015, 17:12   #10633
BHPian

Quote:
You should look at Fiat punto petrols, chevrolet spark, 2006,07 model Maruti esteem cars for practical low run cars selling at low cost. nobody sells Maruti at a good deal. The esteem is an exception as its discontinued.
Thanks, will check.
Last week I went to couple of dealers to start the search with.
Maruti true value had a Wagon R VXI, ran for around 20K Kms, model April 2012. Price quoted was 3.3 lakhs negotiable. 1 year warranty with Engine +gearbox + Compressor.
No suspension warranty.

I will wait and search for individual owners who want to sell the car.
I have checked one, may be this weekend will take a mechanic with me and take the vehicle to authorize maruti service center.
Wagon R VXI, 3 lakhs, 22K kms, 2011 Nov, (first owner, reason for selling want to upgrade the car).
Old 28th July 2015, 19:03   #10634
BHPian

Help Required!

I am in the market for a car and I have come across a Honda Amaze that was being used as a Demo Car. Less than 12 K on the odo. They say it is a 2014 model - VX, Silver (Aug 2014 as per the Vin), On Road - Rs. 9,20,000/- Asking price Rs. 7,80,000/- slightly negotiable. I would be the first owner. Should I go for it?
Old 28th July 2015, 19:08   #10635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmrsm View Post
Help Required!

I am in the market for a car and I have come across a Honda Amaze that was being used as a Demo Car. Less than 12 K on the odo. They say it is a 2014 model - VX, Silver (Aug 2014 as per the Vin), On Road - Rs. 9,20,000/- Asking price Rs. 7,80,000/- slightly negotiable. I would be the first owner. Should I go for it?
I would say stay away, too many people test driving ruin the car.

How would you be the first owner? The car must have been registered to the showroom right? Or was it running without registration?

Last edited by batterylow : 28th July 2015 at 19:11. Reason: Change in content
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks