Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2015, 22:33   #10966
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I am planning a sedan with a good back seat. How will be a preowned Toyota Camry Hybrid? I came across 2 examples one on OLX (22 lacs) and another with ToyotaUtrust(28.5 lacs). what do u think. i currently own a 2009 SMT Honda City with 1.3 lacs on the ODO. Looking for change and thinking pre-owned route
Old 10th December 2015, 23:41   #10967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
T-Jet is cramped and the spare parts dealer say that the Fiat spares are costlier than Tata, Honda, Toyota and Ford, plus they take some time to stock it. So end of the Fiat possibility.
I don't think the parts for Linea cost more than others. I have seen parts comparison chart for Maruti Hyundai Honda Tata etc few years back, don't recollect where, may be in magazine like Autocar. In fact part basket cost was somewhere middle. I shall just search in pc and if found post here. However, they may not be readily available like Maruti Hyundai. The existing Linea owners may throw some light.
HydroFuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 00:08   #10968
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
I don't think the parts for Linea cost more than others. I have seen parts comparison chart for Maruti Hyundai Honda Tata etc few years back, don't recollect where, may be in magazine like Autocar
Is this thread that you were referring to?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ze-sedans.html
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 12:28   #10969
Distinguished - BHPian

Pre-owned Audis from Audi Bengaluru at seemingly attractive prices with unlimited mileage 2 year warranty.

ToI E-paper PDF attached, see page 2
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Audi.pdf (130.7 KB, 636 views)
Old 11th December 2015, 13:03   #10970
BHPian

What is a good price to pay for a 2011 Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX Crdi, well maintained, 50k km run car?
Old 11th December 2015, 15:52   #10971
BHPian

Sold my dad's Old Honda City (1998 model) that had run about 90k kms for 1.4L in Bangalore. This was non-vtech first generation model in fairly good condition.
Old 12th December 2015, 10:42   #10972
BHPian

Hi ,
Is the TImes of India a paid service or can be used free on net?
But they have mentioned as ex showroom price - so it will be extra when on road. Any idea if these are unregistered cars being sold?
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Pre-owned Audis from Audi Bengaluru at seemingly attractive prices with unlimited mileage 2 year warranty.

ToI E-paper PDF attached, see page 2

Last edited by khan_sultan : 12th December 2015 at 11:09. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use multi-quote feature
Old 12th December 2015, 11:48   #10973
BHPian

Sold my Fiesta 1.4 EXI yesterday for 95 k yesterday. The car was in very good shape however ford resale value not being high is what hit it.
Old 12th December 2015, 11:51   #10974
BHPian

Sold my 2007 Santro @ 95k kms for 1,20,000 last week. It was a middle model and was in good condition.
Old 13th December 2015, 23:36   #10975
BHPian

Dear All,

I need some help with this dilemma.

I'm in the used car market with a budget of 5 - 5.5 lakhs for an automatic sedan. I have zeroed in on a silver colour 2011 Volkswagen Vento Highline Petrol Automatic which has run 33,000 kms (this is the 1.6 litre engine with a 6 speed gearbox). After negotiations the price has come down to 4.8 Lakhs + insurance so it will eventually cost about 5 lakhs.

Since this car is coming from Das Welt Auto, which is Volkswagen's used car outlet, it comes with a one year warranty on the engine and the gearbox. The car is very clean. The service records are intact and all small scratches and dents have been taken care of. Also the car has been serviced which means the next service is due after 15,000 kms or one year.

I took a test drive of the car on the airport road and it drives very well.

I'm planning on closing the deal soon. But does it sound like a good deal or am I rushing into things?

I have zero experience in buying used cars hence request you all to please provide some input.

Best,
Enigmatic

Last edited by Enigmatic : 13th December 2015 at 23:38.
Old 14th December 2015, 00:26   #10976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkunaldas View Post
I am planning a sedan with a good back seat. How will be a preowned Toyota Camry Hybrid? I came across 2 examples one on OLX (22 lacs) and another with ToyotaUtrust(28.5 lacs). what do u think. i currently own a 2009 SMT Honda City with 1.3 lacs on the ODO. Looking for change and thinking pre-owned route
Camry Hybrid is a bit overpriced. The Nissan Teana has always been my choice for a comfy luxury barge. The interior ambience and comfort levels are unparalleled by anything this side of 50 lakhs and the best bit is it is a whole lot cheaper to buy one used

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
I'm planning on closing the deal soon. But does it sound like a good deal or am I rushing into things?

I have zero experience in buying used cars hence request you all to please provide some input.

Best,
Enigmatic
The 1.6 torque convertor equipped Vento itself is not a very impressive car but if you are satisfied with it, then it sure looks like a good deal especially with that 1 year warranty, service record and clean body. Personally I'd lookout for a used Civic automatic instead where you get Jap reliability and a far more complete feeling car since it is a D segment automobile afterall (I'd take that anyday over a one year warranty on a C2 segment German sedan)
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 20:59   #10977
BHPian

What could we expect for a 2007 Maruti Wagon R VXI, 59000 approx on the ODO. Self driven and serviced at ASS. ORVM needs replacement. MH04 registered. Thanks.
Old 17th December 2015, 10:38   #10978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Dear All,

I need some help with this dilemma.

Out of warranty Volkswagens makes me bit nervous.
Many people dump those because of high maintenance costs associated with it.

I am not deteriorating you from this deal, the deal looks good.
If you are okay with bit higher maintenance costs then go ahead with it.

Otherwise I would love to suggest you to settle down on a brand new automatic hatchback.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 14:48   #10979
BHPian

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

I am getting a company car hence thinking of selling the KA registered XUV 500 W4 bought last year. It has completed 15000 kms mostly driven on highways. The car is well maintained and has always been parked in covered parking. Insurance valid till March 2016. What should be a fair price for this car ?

Last edited by pgupta : 20th December 2015 at 14:57.
Old 20th December 2015, 23:56   #10980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post

The 1.6 torque convertor equipped Vento itself is not a very impressive car but if you are satisfied with it, then it sure looks like a good deal especially with that 1 year warranty, service record and clean body. Personally I'd lookout for a used Civic automatic instead where you get Jap reliability and a far more complete feeling car since it is a D segment automobile afterall (I'd take that anyday over a one year warranty on a C2 segment German sedan)
Thanks for the reply Ishaan,

Although I would like to go for a used civic as well, the problem is that i'm only coming across high mileage cars or cars that are pre 2010 i.e. the pre facelift model. Also the civic must dos thread seems to indicate that the civic requires a decent amount of maintenance as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Out of warranty Volkswagens makes me bit nervous.
Many people dump those because of high maintenance costs associated with it.

I am not deteriorating you from this deal, the deal looks good.
If you are okay with bit higher maintenance costs then go ahead with it.

Otherwise I would love to suggest you to settle down on a brand new automatic hatchback.
Thanks DriveOnceMore,

The only factor tempting me to close this deal is that it comes with a one year warranty from VW on the engine and the gearbox.

This decision is literally killing me. Saw a 2012 Rapid as well. White in colour and has done 18,000 Kms. After negotiating the seller has come down to 5.35 lakhs. Liked the car but the only strange thing was that the front tires had very little tread left. I checked the service history of the car and it seems to match with the odo reading. Not sure how this adds up.

Best,
Enigmatic.

Most Viewed