Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2016, 09:22   #11086
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
What is a fair price that I can expect. Toyota dealership itself is offering 3.2L.
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/used-car-price-check/

You can figure on about a 40 to 50k profit margin the dealer plans to make after any basic repairs needed are carried out and the vehicle is repainted.

If the dealership offers you 3.2 they will likely be convinced to throw in some extra amenities, free insurance etc with your new buy. Or you can sell it on the private market for 3.5..3.6 (ask for about 4 and it'll come down).
Old 22nd January 2016, 14:11   #11087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
If he is already comfortably driving a swift, it will be an overkill to get a used 2nd sedan just to get used to the size. In my opinion, that happens quickly and naturally. May as well straight away go for a new car. If there are other considerations, then it makes sense.
Thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately there are Vitamin M considerations.

He's also getting an excellent price for his Swift, which led to this decision.
Old 22nd January 2016, 15:15   #11088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
Thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately there are Vitamin M considerations.

He's also getting an excellent price for his Swift, which led to this decision.
With Vitamin M as a big consideration, do consider the fact that the swift would have cost almost nothing in maintenance, whereas a used old sedan at the price he seeks will bring with it a lot many costs in maintenance. Without this, the sedan would not be peace of mind
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 15:23   #11089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
With Vitamin M as a big consideration, do consider the fact that the swift would have cost almost nothing in maintenance, whereas a used old sedan at the price he seeks will bring with it a lot many costs in maintenance. Without this, the sedan would not be peace of mind
I agree and did ask the exact same question, but unfortunately, I'm not the one doing the buying. He saw and drove the car, checked it's service history, pending challans (if any) etc. and made a deal yesterday. He should be getting the car today or tomorrow.

Vitamin M in his case was a consideration, but a matter of not spending too much now and spending big in a couple of years time to get a new car.

He managed to get a superb price for his 2009 Swift VDi which not only covered the Corolla's price but gave him enough to keep it running and then some.
Old 23rd January 2016, 07:06   #11090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Guys I am going to be selling my Toyota Innova. How much can I expect given the fact that it will be mostly sold outside Delhi as it's in its tenth year now.
Model: Toyota Innova 2006 G2 model, 8 seater
Odometer: 1,50,100 kms
Ownership: second owner
Other details: All services done at Toyota with the last one being timing belt replacement as per schedule at 1.5L kms, leather seat covers, 5k km run new tyres, Hijoin alloys.
The car was bought by me in 2007 with odo at 30k kms.

What is a fair price that I can expect. Toyota dealership itself is offering 3.2L.
Are dealerships in NCR willing to buy a 10year old car considering the ban? I am also looking to sell my 2005 Innova which has just completed 10 years. It's Delhi registered. Will it b easy to get an NCB and sell it outside or can it be sold in Delhi itself. It has covered 1L kms single owner and is in very good condition. Help would be appreciated.
Old 23rd January 2016, 08:28   #11091
BHPian

Please advise - I wanna sell my accent executive 2009 model 90000 kms done. How much is a fair price and how much max possible can I realistically get?
One dealer offered 1.9 L . I was hoping for around 2.3 L . What price would you recommend for me to settle for?
Old 23rd January 2016, 10:53   #11092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent Martin View Post
Please advise - I wanna sell my accent executive 2009 model 90000 kms done. How much is a fair price and how much max possible can I realistically get?
One dealer offered 1.9 L . I was hoping for around 2.3 L . What price would you recommend for me to settle for?
Dealers in Bangalore will reverse the odo to 45K and sell it for at least 2.5 L, sell on your own you might get your price.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 10:59   #11093
BHPian

Hi guys, I want to sell my 2012 XUV 500 AWD W8 Karnataka registered run 65k kms. How much can I expect for it.
Old 23rd January 2016, 20:46   #11094
BHPian

Hi,
Please advise minimum value to expect from a 1999 Zen Vx, Carb model.
No Power steering, No mods No accessories. Front power windows, good working AC, New tyres. Black bumpers (not body coloured)
Odo: 115K Flawless performance. Green tax paid till Oct 2019.
FFE: 12-14 in City depending on usage of AC.

2nd owner 2001 3rd owner 2004
Me: 4th owner 2012 (per records 2016)
Old 24th January 2016, 23:54   #11095
BHPian

Hi all, I am interested in buying a 4x4.
I want to understand if it is a good option to buy Mahindra MM 550 1998 at 3 Lac Rs. ? The person who is selling it has alloy wheels and music system installed.
Pls suggest and how is the performance of this jeep.?
Old 25th January 2016, 07:05   #11096
Senior - BHPian

The performance of one jeep is very different from another and especially heavily modded jeeps you might need some care.

You had better ask on the various jeep threads on tbhp (do a search), read them carefully. A jeep is rather hands on compared to buying a car. Many dedicated jeepers there some of whom might be in your city and will often be glad to help you.
Old 25th January 2016, 08:08   #11097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The performance of one jeep is very different from another and especially heavily modded jeeps you might need some care.
Thanks, but does it make sense to buy a 17 year old vehicle at 3 lacs?

Last edited by ampere : 25th January 2016 at 08:23. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 25th January 2016, 08:38   #11098
Senior - BHPian

No way to tell without an experienced jeeper seeing the actual vehicle but they are also the sort of people who will spend three or four lakhs more on rebuilding it and sourcing addons
Old 25th January 2016, 11:01   #11099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Thanks, but does it make sense to buy a 17 year old vehicle at 3 lacs?
If you are not a Jeep enthusiast (i.e. know-it-all of Jeeps), then it is not a good idea to put down money by checking it out yourself.

3 Lac for a 17 year old might not seem the wisest thing to do, but depends on the following :

1. Condition of the Jeep - You have to check thoroughly as 3 Lac is a big amount for an old Jeep and you should expect a decent bodyline and no rusting at all (for this price). If it was restored recently, then 3 Lac is also fine as restoration demands time and involvement and asks for a decent premium in second hand market.

2. Engine - Jeep owners are known to swap engines. Talk to an enthusiast or Jeep restorer in your area and he will explain the pros and cons of each engine. Then you will know what to expect at 3 Lac.

3. Time period for which you want to keep the Jeep : If you aren't planning to keep it for, say 10 years, then spend your money on something car-like. Jeep requires a lot of time and money (but time is money, so you need lots of money to maintain it in good nick ) and it will not make any sense to get a 14 year old Jeep, spend on it for 1 or 2 years and sell it off. Keep in mind that it won't be usable as a daily drive and won't be as comfortable to drive as your regular 2wd car. This is the reason many get tempted initially and later on regret spending so much.

My take on this would be : If you are not into serious offroading and want showoff stuff, get a newer model (around 2004-2005) Gypsy or something for 2.5 Lac, spend minimal amount on upkeep and modifications. Ensure that the earlier owner had maintained it well. It will serve you for a lifetime if maintained well and you can part away anytime without the pain of spending on upkeep and maintenance if you wish. Taking advice from an experienced Jeeper is the first thing you should do.
swift_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 12:26   #11100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Are dealerships in NCR willing to buy a 10year old car considering the ban? I am also looking to sell my 2005 Innova which has just completed 10 years. It's Delhi registered. Will it b easy to get an NCB and sell it outside or can it be sold in Delhi itself. It has covered 1L kms single owner and is in very good condition. Help would be appreciated.
Mine is still in its 10th year of ownership. I do not know if the RTO will issue you a NOC now since your car has crossed 10 years. Without NOC, you would not be able to sell it outside the state. My advice is to quickly dispose it off and see if some agent can get you the NOC from the RTO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks