Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2016, 13:32   #11281
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Bhpians,

Need a quick help or suggestion, i am getting a 2003 Fiat Palio S10, Pristine condition(Mechanically) but the looks are not good as the car was parked in hot sun, shaded paint on roof and boot requires a fresh qoate of paint.

Single owner driven close to 70,000 kms owner claims that he drives the vehicle every weekend. Owner is asking 1.6 lakhs and he says he can drop the car to Bangalore and happy to drive all the way from Mumbai. Recently serviced new battery, Tires may require change after 10000 kms, all electrical working and all logos available.

what is the best price to go for.
Old 10th May 2016, 13:38   #11282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Bhpians,

Need a quick help or suggestion, i am getting a 2003 Fiat Palio S10, Pristine condition(Mechanically) but the looks are not good as the car was parked in hot sun, shaded paint on roof and boot requires a fresh qoate of paint.

Single owner driven close to 70,000 kms owner claims that he drives the vehicle every weekend. Owner is asking 1.6 lakhs and he says he can drop the car to Bangalore and happy to drive all the way from Mumbai. Recently serviced new battery, Tires may require change after 10000 kms, all electrical working and all logos available.

what is the best price to go for.
For a 2003 model Palio S10, anything in 5 figures is too much.
Some of the same vintage GTX sell for 40-50k in good working condition. Logo's you can buy for a few hundred Rupees from 99rpm.

Between the GTX and the S10, there were only a few differences
1. Color - S10 had a wonderful Yellow (which again has faded in the car you saw)
2. Sachin Tendulkar Sugnature on the hood.
3. Different Spoiler
4. Different Alloys (though I like the one's on GTX better)
5. Different Gear Ratios.

For the driving pleasure, you are better off buying a decent condition GTX for 50-60k and spare the remaining sum for repairs as and when they crop up.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 10th May 2016 at 13:40.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 14:24   #11283
BHPian

Need help please! Want to sell my 2014 Innova. Details are:
  • July 2014 Manufactured
  • <25,000 kms done
  • Single Owner, First Owner
  • GX 8 Seater BS IV variant

How much can i expect for this? I had an offer for 11.75l which fell through. The same guy is offering 11l. Toyota is offering 10.75l (my preference is to sell to them as I am buying the new Innova). Can I expect anything more? Listed it online but no response as yet.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. The fantastic resale of Innova is yet to be experienced by me!
Old 10th May 2016, 19:23   #11284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
At a Honda dealer I found a 2014 Mobilio-Petrol(V). It has run 14k kms. Looked clean, and since I am buying from the Honda dealer, I get a 1 year warranty on engine and transmission.

Dealer quote - 9.75 l
TBHP "used car price check" quote - 6.32 l
My quote - 7.5 l

Any suggestion on what's the fair price?
A quick update - the dealer came back and quoted 8 l. I am still standing at 7.5 l.

Any suggestion on the fair price is welcome!

Thanks!
Old 10th May 2016, 19:25   #11285
BHPian

Dear bhpians,
What could be the selling price of a very well maintained, white 2011 Grande Punto 1.4 Petrol Emotion Pack in Bangalore? Has been used for 18000 kms only.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 14th May 2016, 17:55   #11286
BHPian

Saw a 2011 Honda City 'S' model in Bangalore. 28000 kms run, single owner. They want 6 lakhs for it. Whereas the online car valuation sites don't reccomend above 5.2 for the car.

Car is in good condition mechanically, small dings here and there. Tyre and battery is OEM and will definitely need change.

What do you guys think?
Old 14th May 2016, 19:13   #11287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Saw a 2011 Honda City 'S' model in Bangalore. 28000 kms run, single owner. They want 6 lakhs for it. Whereas the online car valuation sites don't reccomend above 5.2 for the car.

Car is in good condition mechanically, small dings here and there. Tyre and battery is OEM and will definitely need change.

What do you guys think?
If you think Tyres and Battery too needs a change then 6 lakhs is not worth it. Moreover, Honda City is quite a popular vehicle so I don't think finding another would be problem, the amount quoted is actually quite high for a 5 year old City. Anything more than 5.2 is not worth for a 5 year old city in Bangalore. In other cities I would say 4.5 but because taxes are higher in Bangalore so 5.2 is still justified.
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 21:06   #11288
BHPian

Pressed post by mistake.

Guys I have come across a 2011 Laura Ambient done 78000 black color. Body line is good. Decent condition. In Bangalore what should be the right price for it.

Last edited by zulfi hansi : 14th May 2016 at 21:09.
Old 16th May 2016, 18:30   #11289
BHPian

Checked 2 cars, both Honda City (3rd generation) -

Car 1 -

Pimpri passing, 1st hand, 2011 top end model. 65742 kilometers clocked so far. Asking price 4,25,000/-. Two rear tyres and Insurance are immediate expenses to be incurred.

Car 2 -

Pimpri passing, 2nd hand, 2009 S model. 51010 kilometers clocked. Some minor touch up needed, no other cost required from first casual inspection.

What's good?
Old 16th May 2016, 18:49   #11290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishul View Post
There is a 2013 Fortuner 4x2 Automatic on sale with about 58k on the odo, new tyres and in good shape but quoting about 24L in Hyderabad. What do folks here feel would be a fair price for this one?

Closed the deal at 23L with the Pride Jaguar Land Rover dealer, this was a traded-in vehicle from a customer upgrading to a rover at the dealership. From researching and bidding on a few Fortuners in the used market in Hyderabad I feel I probably overpaid by 1L and 22L would have been a fair price. Checked it out at a Toyota dealer with inspection report turning out to be clean and no claims. But the resale price for used Fortuners below 80k on the odo and year 2013 and newer in Hyderabad is very high.

Had an equally difficult time searching for used bmws earlier, hard to compare with bigger markets such as in Mumbai and Delhi when it comes to fair pricing, fewer Ads on offer and high offer prices in Hyderabad.

Attaching a picture of my tank below. The automatic is a boon for my usage, am glad I picked up the AT variant.

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1463404081.278599.jpg
Old 18th May 2016, 09:28   #11291
BHPian

I see some very attractive deals on Punto and Linea in Mumbai. Are those some probable shady deals or is the resale value of FIAT that low in Mumbai?

I'm asking as buying those in Mumbai and re-registering them in KA by paying the balance road tax will turn out to be cheaper than buying a KA registered car.

E.g: 2011 T-Jet+ with 41k on odo for 3.5L!

Last edited by theredliner : 18th May 2016 at 09:30.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 10:16   #11292
BHPian

Are Toyota petrols very tough to find in the pre owned market? My used car dealer dissuades me from waiting for a Toyota petrol (Etios / Corolla). As per him, those who buy a Toyota petrol rarely sell it. As such, do not waste time on waiting for a Corolla or Etios (I've zeroed in on buying either of these two, pre owned).

We're car-less since 14 months and now feeling it urgent to get one soon. There are 2 3rd generation City on sale, one of which is a very lucrative offer. I'm wary about the pale build quality of Honda, hence not daring to go ahead with the purchase.

A 2009, S variant of a 3rd hand City is offered for sale at Re 3.5 lac. The car has done 51000 kilometres. All of its 4 tyres are brand new, and hence I believe the kilometre reading to be correct. I've not driven the car yet, but on a quick 10 minute visual look, the exterior, interior looked top notch, the air conditioning felt effective in the roaring temperatures of 46 degrees. Shall do a test drive this weekend.

Couple of questions -
1. Can I add under body protection for the engine and petrol tank?
2. Can the G.C. be increased by a few millimetre by changing suspension?
Old 18th May 2016, 10:45   #11293
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
I'm wary about the pale build quality of Honda, hence not daring to go ahead with the purchase.
Third generation City owners never had major complaints regarding build. I don't own one though. Opinion is only based on what I've read here on the forum. Given a choice between the third generation City and Etios, I would pick the former. Hope the S variant has essential safety features though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
I see some very attractive deals on Punto and Linea in Mumbai. Are those some probable shady deals or is the resale value of FIAT that low in Mumbai?

I'm asking as buying those in Mumbai and re-registering them in KA by paying the balance road tax will turn out to be cheaper than buying a KA registered car.

E.g: 2011 T-Jet+ with 41k on odo for 3.5L!
Is it significantly higher in Bangalore? Don't think so. A difference of a lakh at the maximum which could easily be offset by the additional road tax that is required to be paid.

Not to mention all the additional hassles and running around to get the RTO formalities completed.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 18th May 2016 at 10:48.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 11:05   #11294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Third generation City owners never had major complaints regarding build. I don't own one though. Opinion is only based on what I've read here on the forum. Given a choice between the third generation City and Etios, I would pick the former. Hope the S variant has essential safety features though!
Thanks for the inputs. The S variant, I'm told, has ABS and 2 air bags. Though a Honda car is not my cup of tea, I'm getting inclined to buy this one more due to the urgency of having a car.

If I can add under body protection plates, I shall buy this.
Old 18th May 2016, 11:12   #11295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
Are Toyota petrols very tough to find in the pre owned market? My used car dealer dissuades me from waiting for a Toyota petrol (Etios / Corolla). As per him, those who buy a Toyota petrol rarely sell it. As such, do not waste time on waiting for a Corolla or Etios (I've zeroed in on buying either of these two, pre owned).
Not really, Innova Petrol is a rare find but there are quite a few Etios and Corolla Petrol available in the used car market. Did you try searching for them online? There are so many listing websites like OLX, CarTradeIndia, Carwale etc. Take a look at them!
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks