Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2016, 14:45   #11311
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Guys what should I expect for a 2009 Scorpio VLX having run 64000 kms. The car is in great condition and serviced perfectly. Online websites are suggesting around 4.5-5.5L.
Old 21st May 2016, 20:28   #11312
BHPian

Hi,

My friend has been offered 2011 Cruze LT, 55,000 kms for 6.8L in Bangalore.
The car has all the service records.

Can anyone suggest the fair price for this car?
Thanks for your help!
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:43   #11313
BHPian

Friends,

I am looking for Used AStar Automatic in Bangalore.
There are quite a few present and most of the quote 3.65L.

2011, 25000kms run - 3.65L
2012, 14000kms run - 3.75L
2010, 11000kms run - 3.4L

All first owners.

This is for my wifey. Did not like the Nano XTA. But very much impressed with AStar Auto and K10 AMT. i10 Autos are too costly in used market.

Please advice.
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:44   #11314
BHPian

Hi, XUV500(W8) 2012 Nov manufactured, done 51000 Kms is available for sale in Gurgaon. Can someone give any idea on how much should be the good price to buy the vehicle?

Regards
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:07   #11315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
Hi, XUV500(W8) 2012 Nov manufactured, done 51000 Kms is available for sale in Gurgaon. Can someone give any idea on how much should be the good price to buy the vehicle?

Regards
Stay away from 2012 batches XUV, they came with a lot of problems (pump, brakes, electronic etc.), that will be my humble suggestion. Post 2014, XUV were less problematic.
amitpunjani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:15   #11316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
Guys what should I expect for a 2009 Scorpio VLX having run 64000 kms. The car is in great condition and serviced perfectly. Online websites are suggesting around 4.5-5.5L.
Expect anything between 5.15 - 5.40 Lakhs (Assuming it to be the VLX 2WD Version).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post

Regards
Something around 9-9.5 Lakhs sounds to be a good deal! Check valuation websites for a better assumption though the re-sale value of XUV is pretty good and being the top of the line variant I expect it can easily go for 9.3 Lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir458 View Post
Hi,

My friend has been offered 2011 Cruze LT, 55,000 kms for 6.8L in Bangalore.
The car has all the service records.

Can anyone suggest the fair price for this car?
Thanks for your help!
Go for it! A friend was recently given an offer of 7.2 for LT, 58,000 kms clocked in Bangalore. So, comparatively sounds like a great deal.
YashD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 13:26   #11317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Was having this discussion about the underbody plates of the fourth generation yesterday. Its a plastic plate held by plastic clips. If it's similar for the third generation, not much difference with or without it. You will need to take it slow over bad patches of road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Yes! I visit Jalgaon every year for a month or two, there are hardly any great used car dealers in the town there. I would highly recommend you to scan online. You might end up finding a decent car in Aurangabad, Pune or even Ahmednagar in that case. Moreover, Etios Petrol would be an easy find in Pune.
Due to urgency, I've conveyed my acceptance to the dealer for the City, though it's not my first choice. I will be the 3rd buyer of this car. Will be getting it checked from Honda and my FNG separately. However this car features in this thread, cements my worries.

The car, from my visual inspection, looked fine. The AC was working perfectly, power steering felt flawless, suspensions looked good on testing them. Will get it checked by driving it. Get those plates installed and only then put it to regular use. The ownership report, along with a newly bought Suzuki Access 125 ownership report, shall follow soon
Old 24th May 2016, 09:53   #11318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
The same thought crosses my mind when I look at prices in Mumbai. For a car that is ~5-year old, you need to 75% of 14% of invoice value (assuming invoice value is less than 10L). See this: http://rto.kar.nic.in/KMVTA%202010.pdf

For a Linea, I think the tax would be around 1L. Add transport plus the hassle of arranging for NOC etc, and decide if it is worth pursuing.
The cost doesn't seem to be much different but like you said the hassle of dealing with RTO is the biggest pain point, plus the risk of returning empty handed if something does not go well during test drive. If only the RTOs refunded the money promptly after registration transfers.
Old 24th May 2016, 14:10   #11319
BHPian

Dear All,

I am looking out for a buyer of my Apr 2014 manufactured 1.2 Punto Dynamic with ~15K on the ODO. The car is in showroom condition and has been regularly serviced (detailed service history is available). The car is based out of Bengaluru. However, i am a bit confused with respect to pricing the same. As per the used car evaluation tool from various websites, i am getting the following approx quotes:

a) Indian Blue Book: ~4.2 (lower as per my expectations)
b) CarTrade: 5
c) Carwale: 5
d) Other Websites (OLX, Quicker): ~4.8

Just wanted to check as to what would be the fair price for the car (though i understand that Fiats usually suffer from a depreciation higher than their peers).

Last edited by unleash_thunder : 24th May 2016 at 14:12. Reason: Forgot to mention the location
Old 24th May 2016, 14:50   #11320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleash_thunder View Post
Dear All,

I am looking out for a buyer of my Apr 2014 manufactured 1.2 Punto Dynamic with ~15K on the ODO. The car is in showroom condition and has been regularly serviced (detailed service history is available). The car is based out of Bengaluru. However, i am a bit confused with respect to pricing the same. As per the used car evaluation tool from various websites, i am getting the following approx quotes:

a) Indian Blue Book: ~4.2 (lower as per my expectations)
b) CarTrade: 5
c) Carwale: 5
d) Other Websites (OLX, Quicker): ~4.8

Just wanted to check as to what would be the fair price for the car (though i understand that Fiats usually suffer from a depreciation higher than their peers).
My intention is not to disappoint you but a few colleagues here in Pune bought a 2015 manufactured Punto Evo Dynamic 1.2 in Feb 2016 for 5.35L on road - brand new. Normal price is 6.25L on road

Of course we have to adjust this value with the higher taxes in Bangalore. Yours is the Punto Evo or the Grande Punto (pre facelift) ?

I suggest you to post the advert with the value you have in mind and see the response, but more often than not, once you buy a fiat you will have to stick to it for a long time, mainly due to its pathetic resale.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 24th May 2016 at 14:53.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 15:13   #11321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
My intention is not to disappoint you but a few colleagues here in Pune bought a 2015 manufactured Punto Evo Dynamic 1.2 in Feb 2016 for 5.35L on road - brand new. Normal price is 6.25L on road

Of course we have to adjust this value with the higher taxes in Bangalore. Yours is the Punto Evo or the Grande Punto (pre facelift) ?

I suggest you to post the advert with the value you have in mind and see the response, but more often than not, once you buy a fiat you will have to stick to it for a long time, mainly due to its pathetic resale.
Yeah. I understand that Fiat has a lower resale value than its peers. Mine is the pre-facelift 1.2 Grande Punto. I bought it for ~6L on road in 2014. Please note that a few functional features are missing in the new 1.2 dynamic Punto Evo which are listed below:

a) Front fog lamps
b) Rear wash and wipe
c) Rear de-fogger
d) Height adjustable front seat belts
e)60:40 split of the rear bench

The above mentioned features are part of the car which is with me.
Old 24th May 2016, 15:24   #11322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleash_thunder View Post
Yeah. I understand that Fiat has a lower resale value than its peers. Mine is the pre-facelift 1.2 Grande Punto. I bought it for ~6L on road in 2014. Please note that a few functional features are missing in the new 1.2 dynamic Punto Evo which are listed below:

a) Front fog lamps
b) Rear wash and wipe
c) Rear de-fogger
d) Height adjustable front seat belts
e)60:40 split of the rear bench

The above mentioned features are part of the car which is with me.
You would be correct in pointing out the missing features in the facelift but the maket usually discounts the earlier model once the facelift is out.

Why do you want to sell it in just 2 years?
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 15:32   #11323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
You would be correct in pointing out the missing features in the facelift but the maket usually discounts the earlier model once the facelift is out.

Why do you want to sell it in just 2 years?
I understand Vinit; i am expecting something closer to ~4.6/4.7 for my ride. Upgradation to a sedan is the primary reason. Also, my running is slated to increase (upwards of 50 kms/day) in the coming months owing to relocation, hence, a diesel sedan makes much more sense now.
Old 24th May 2016, 16:52   #11324
BHPian

I'm putting up my 2 year old Polo GT TSI for sale, 31000 kms running. I'm asking close to 6.75 lacs, is that an acceptable ask or should I lower my expectations?
Old 25th May 2016, 03:20   #11325
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: The Beauty of Lateral Upgrades (Getting MORE CAR for LESS $$$)

Hello members,

I am planning to sell my January 2014 registered Honda Brio S MT which has run around 10400 kms.

The car had 3 minor scratches/dents on the doors. One us left unattended. Other two were attended by a local garage, not in ASS.

I am getting a price of 3.3 lacs for this car. I bought the car for 5.13 lacs on road. Should I go fr this deal?

Regards

Saubhik

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks