Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2017, 14:26   #11776
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Which city? I am never comfortable buying a used car from a dealer. You never know what they would have done to it, like tampering with the mileage. One way to deal with this is to get all the service related information from a Honda service center. Though the car looks to be in immaculate condition, I think 5.9L is too high. It is a 4.5 years old vehicle after all.
It is registered in Pune city. Agreed the cost is on the higher side, but if we look at the cars which are registered post 2012, they are all above 6L range.

Do let me know if you have any good references in Pune.
Old 5th January 2017, 22:27   #11777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Need advice on a car I am am planning to have a look at

2013 manufactured, 2014 Jan registered Corolla Altis G AT with under 30,000 km on the ODO. This is a Delhi registered car with all service history available.

Insurance till Jan 2017.

Can someone please let me know the OTR in 2013-14 and what should be a good price for this car. The listing price is 9 Lakh, which I believe is a bit too steep for a 4 year old car.

Also, what all features will I be missing in the G AT vs the VL AT?

Appreciate all your inputs. Will be checking out the car soon.
Can someone please help. I am super confused.

Cars24.com gives a valuation from 5.35 to 6.3 lakhs while carwale and our calculator shoows a fair price of around 8.5 to 9.5 lakhs.
Old 6th January 2017, 00:15   #11778
Senior - BHPian

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Can someone please help. I am super confused.

Cars24.com gives a valuation from 5.35 to 6.3 lakhs while carwale and our calculator shoows a fair price of around 8.5 to 9.5 lakhs.

Cars24 and carwale are two very different platforms and their prices are never going to match. Anyway if the quoted price is around 9L and if the car is in a really good condition then start from 7.5-7.6Lakh and you should finalize at a price between 8-8.25Lakh. That should be a fair price for a ~3 year old Altis.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 01:24   #11779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Cars24 and carwale are two very different platforms and their prices are never going to match. Anyway if the quoted price is around 9L and if the car is in a really good condition then start from 7.5-7.6Lakh and you should finalize at a price between 8-8.25Lakh. That should be a fair price for a ~3 year old Altis.
Thanks for the input. I realize that about the platforms. However, since cars24 is the actual buyer, I wanted to tend more towards its estimate. I was thinking that since they quote 6.x, I add the commission they make and based on the condition start with roughly an offer of around 7 lakhs. Had it been a VL AT, 8 ish would be a good deal.

4 years old would mean, I would need to change the rubber and battery soon, so that expense should be adjusted in the cost.

Am I being too optimistic?
Old 6th January 2017, 09:48   #11780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the input. I realize that about the platforms. However, since cars24 is the actual buyer, I wanted to tend more towards its estimate. I was thinking that since they quote 6.x, I add the commission they make and based on the condition start with roughly an offer of around 7 lakhs. Had it been a VL AT, 8 ish would be a good deal.

4 years old would mean, I would need to change the rubber and battery soon, so that expense should be adjusted in the cost.

Am I being too optimistic?

There isn't a fixed commission. The carwale prices are an average of the prices list of cars available on their website. These prices are the quoted prices and are further negotiable. Quoted price- 7.5-10% of the quoted prices is the final price.
Old 9th January 2017, 14:01   #11781
BHPian

Need Advice

I'm on lookout for a used car and found a pretty good car - Figo Aspire (just 3 months old, under 10k kilometres and only first service done). But now in dilemma.

As per vin (MAJZXXMTKZFT09908) the Manufacturing month 08/2015 (MAJZXXMTKZFT09908)
Name:  VIN  Decode.png
Views: 2842
Size:  29.9 KB
As per the registration its 10/2016 - the owner got a long on site opportunity so disposing it.

I drove the car found it to be very good. The body/paint and everything is in excellent condition .

The question what was the car being done for 14 months (is it usual for Ford to have such old stocks). The owner has no idea that this is an old car till i raised the question. I think he just checked the date of registration and not manufacturing date (though its mentioned in the RC book 08/2015).
When I got my maruti swift, i did the PDI at the yard (I did even get the VIN the moment it was dispatched from Maneswar plant)

Shoul I bite the bullet?
Old 9th January 2017, 15:33   #11782
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
As per vin (MAJZXXMTKZFT09908) the Manufacturing month 08/2015 (MAJZXXMTKZFT09908)
Attachment 1593520
As per the registration its 10/2016 - the owner got a long on site opportunity so disposing it.
Bargain more with the owner stating this new piece of information, which makes the car 1 more year old.
Hope you checked the car thoroughly though, since 10k kms in 3 months is quite aggressive usage.
Old 9th January 2017, 15:40   #11783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Bargain more with the owner stating this new piece of information, which makes the car 1 more year old.
Hope you checked the car thoroughly though, since 10k kms in 3 months is quite aggressive usage.
If the car was manufactured almost a year before it was bought, my guess is that the first owner bought a demo car at a substantial discount.

Many people will have abused it for test rides, staff personal use etc etc.

Stay away from it.
Old 9th January 2017, 16:44   #11784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
The owner actually got the vehicle in 26.Aug.2016 and drove without registering for 2 months (total usage comes to above 4 months). He drove with temporary registration (I think you can drive for about 3 months).
By the way I know a person who personally drove his car with Ribbon for more than 2 months (just to show-off)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
If the car was manufactured almost a year before it was bought, my guess is that the first owner bought a demo car at a substantial discount.

Many people will have abused it for test rides, staff personal use etc etc.

Stay away from it.
It is not a demo car but old stock. As the showroom was new, they had bought a couple of cars which stayed in their yard for a long time. In the next year when a new model was launched, they sold it a discount (it seems that they had about 8 to 10 vehicles in the yard).

Quite a dilemma.

Last edited by kozhissery : 9th January 2017 at 16:46.
Old 9th January 2017, 17:02   #11785
Senior - BHPian

Old stock lying around in the yard means rust and rats besides staff using it for personal rides and such. I repeat - please stay away from the vehicle or if you do decide to buy have a trusted mechanic thoroughly examine it.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 17:56   #11786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Old stock lying around in the yard means rust and rats besides staff using it for personal rides and such. I repeat - please stay away from the vehicle or if you do decide to buy have a trusted mechanic thoroughly examine it.
Thanks a lot. Almost decided to let it go (will take the final call today evening).
Asking price was 7.2L and I thought it was a good deal (thought to be 2016 Aug make) till I looked into the VIN and found that it was 2015 Aug make. As per OBV the price should be around 6.5 of 2015 make (not a good deal anymore).
Old 12th January 2017, 00:15   #11787
BHPian

Im on the lookout for a used drivers car.

I found a 2015 Fiat Punto evo 1.3 MJD 90hp variant in hyderabad recently.
1st owner
15k km run
90 HP 1.3 Multijet diesel
Owner quoting 6.4 lakh

Any pointers regarding its actual value. I plan to keep the car for around 3 yrs after which I'll probably get a new car. I know the resale value will plummet
Old 12th January 2017, 13:46   #11788
Senior - BHPian

You can keep it for far longer than that as it is very lightly used.

Come down to 5.8 or 6 max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilot View Post
Im on the lookout for a used drivers car.

I found a 2015 Fiat Punto evo 1.3 MJD 90hp variant in hyderabad recently.
1st owner
15k km run
90 HP 1.3 Multijet diesel
Owner quoting 6.4 lakh

Any pointers regarding its actual value. I plan to keep the car for around 3 yrs after which I'll probably get a new car. I know the resale value will plummet
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 13:38   #11789

Hey guys, I'm looking at buying an A4 3.2 l quattro. There are a few available in the market which are around 60K on the odo asking for 13-15 lacs. Any advice on whether I should even consider this car (make and model), any gremlins I should look out for and any hidden costs of ownership for Audis that exist (apart from the obvious ownership costs).

Thanks in advance!
Old 21st January 2017, 01:05   #11790
BHPian

Post demonization I have noticed a very wiered trend, wherein the cars in the used car markets are trading at very high prices. This trend can be noticed even for cars that can be considered as depreciation disasters. I can't forget the time when I was offered just 30% of the on road price for my fabulously maintained, 1 year, old 40,000 km milage TATA ZEST. That car had 3years/80,000 km worth of warranty left on it.

Now suddenly on various websites and upon direct enquiry, some people are quoting as much as 50-60% value for 5-6 year old Fiat cars. Used examples of VOLKSWAGEN are being priced even higher. But what takes the cake is the fact that 9 year old BMW's and Audi's are trading at 33-40% of their on road price notwithstanding the 10 year rule for diesel cars imposed by NGT in NCR region.

With the new car dealers offering sizable discounts with 100% on road funding and EMI holidays, does it even make sense to buy a used car now ?

Last edited by fuelinmyveins : 21st January 2017 at 01:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks