Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2017, 05:54   #11806
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

What would be the ideal price for a 2016 Brezza Zdi, run for about 15k kms in Bangalore?

Also on the radar is S cross. Very few but heavily discounted. Sometimes feels scary to buy. Brokers discourage in to buying an S Cross.
Old 7th February 2017, 22:16   #11807
Senior - BHPian

Used Bolero Camper - What to pay?

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I did a search and found very old threads that dont really address my specific question.

I have a chance to buy a 2014 4x4 Bolero Camper locally in coastal Karnataka - these vehicles are pretty rare here so trying to get a handle on what would be a fair price to pay for one.

It has done about 25,000km and is in very good shape. There is no PS or AC so we will have to get that done in the aftermarket. The front bumper will have to be replaced for off-roading, and a few other mods needed to bring it up to the level of our MM550. I understand it will not have the raw off-road capability of the MM550 but it is meant as a long-distance tourer with the capability to go off-road if needed. Point being, I estimate there will be a spending of about 1.5-2lac rupees above the purchase price.

So I'm trying to understand whether buying this vehicle is a good deal (at the fair market price) or buying a newer vehicle with PS and AC is better.

Thanks in advance for all your responses!
Old 8th February 2017, 12:24   #11808

Re: Used Bolero Camper - What to pay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I did a search and found very old threads that dont really address my specific question.

I have a chance to buy a 2014 4x4 Bolero Camper locally in coastal Karnataka - these vehicles are pretty rare here so trying to get a handle on what would be a fair price to pay for one.

It has done about 25,000km and is in very good shape. There is no PS or AC so we will have to get that done in the aftermarket. The front bumper will have to be replaced for off-roading, and a few other mods needed to bring it up to the level of our MM550. I understand it will not have the raw off-road capability of the MM550 but it is meant as a long-distance tourer with the capability to go off-road if needed. Point being, I estimate there will be a spending of about 1.5-2lac rupees above the purchase price.

So I'm trying to understand whether buying this vehicle is a good deal (at the fair market price) or buying a newer vehicle with PS and AC is better.

Thanks in advance for all your responses!
Hello Ananth,
Here i what I think:
1> Make sure that its 4x4 : all 4x4 bolero campers I have seen so far are pre2008
2> If its really a 4x4 choose it over MM550/540 as it would ride better than any jeep. With right mods it will be as good as MMs.
3> Maintenance wise its Mahindra, Parts would be cheap and road side mechanic can fix it.

You are lucky that you have come around 2014 camper 4x4. I would pay somewhere around 4/4.5 lacs. Last time I checked (somewhere in 2016) bolero DI 4x4 was available at 7.30 lacs OTR Pune. It was without PS and AC. Camper being commercial vehicle should be cheaper than Bolero DI by atleast 50k.

Mods would be:
1>Oversize AT/MT Tyres : 30k (I will choose AT for daily driver)
2> Front rear fabricated metal bumpers : 30k
3> Complete Fluid change and big service : 20k
4> Auxiliary lights: 10k
5> Surprises if any : 10K

So a good off-roader and tourer should cost you around : 4.5lacs + 1 lac = 5.5 lacs.
I would say Go for it. Don't think twice.
paragp2006 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 14:45   #11809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
What would be the ideal price for a 2016 Brezza Zdi, run for about 15k kms in Bangalore?

Also on the radar is S cross. Very few but heavily discounted. Sometimes feels scary to buy. Brokers discourage in to buying an S Cross.
Sorry for the delayed reply to your post. I have noticed a few used Brezza's being sold in Hyderabad, the asking price is almost the same as the OTR, a ~10% less at the best. It is the same for S-cross as well. Since, most vehicles are sold by dealers, I would presume the price is not really negotiable.

In some cases, the OTR of a new vehicle after discount is lesser than the used car dealer quote.
Old 8th February 2017, 20:36   #11810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Since, most vehicles are sold by dealers, I would presume the price is not really negotiable.
Definitely open to negotiation by more than a lakh or more under the prices cited on OLX.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 23:07   #11811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Definitely open to negotiation by more than a lakh or more under the prices cited on OLX.
Well! I would say it is namesake negotiation, I tried a couple of them but could not strike the deal. Or may be I am bad at negotiation. What's surprising is that demonetization had no affect on the dealers( & their attitude as well).
Old 9th February 2017, 00:15   #11812
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
....Also on the radar is S cross. Very few but heavily discounted. Sometimes feels scary to buy. Brokers discourage in to buying an S Cross.
What are the prices like? Would like to know how much are these being discounted at.
Old 9th February 2017, 09:12   #11813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post

What's surprising is that demonetization had no affect on the dealers( & their attitude as well).
Not so surprising actually.

1) Pay the amount in cash, buy the vehicle, but don't register it in your name. That way, you don't have to submit the PAN card, so no trace. When things 'settle down', sell the car and you have the money in white.

2) Buy a big bike by paying in full cash; no PAN card required for registering a bike. Atleast one acquaintance of mine did this. 12-14 lakhs converted in one go.

Post demonetization, the small time dealers were accepting old currency too.
schakravarthy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 15:23   #11814

Hello,

I am in the process of negotiating a pre-owned 2014 celerio VXi AMT at Bengaluru. It is KA registered, and has run for around 27000 kms.

The quoted price is 4.7L, which I feel is on the higher side. What would be a realistic price I can settle for, for this car?

Any advice regarding would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 16:51   #11815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_sajeev View Post
The quoted price is 4.7L, which I feel is on the higher side. What would be a realistic price I can settle for, for this car?
Please check OrangeBookValue from the classifields sections or the OBV website with the advanced evaluation option. I found it to be more realistic than other online used car price evaluation tools.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 9th February 2017 at 16:55.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 17:50   #11816
BHPian

Hi All,

How much can I expect for my 2014 Vento TSI Highline in excellent condition (exteriors, interiors & mechanically) which has run around 37000 kms? Comes with 3M annual maintenance package, 3M nomad mats, CR 70 all around along with Michelin 195s. Please note I am at Bangalore & am the 2nd owner.
Old 9th February 2017, 18:14   #11817
BHPian

Hi all,

What would be an approx value of 2014 registered (2013 make), Maruti Suzuki Alto 25000 kms done white coloured? Car has a couple of dents, nothing major. Insurance is about to expire in a couple of days.

Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 20:15   #11818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyP View Post
Hi All,

How much can I expect for my 2014 Vento TSI Highline in excellent condition (exteriors, interiors & mechanically) which has run around 37000 kms? Comes with 3M annual maintenance package, 3M nomad mats, CR 70 all around along with Michelin 195s. Please note I am at Bangalore & am the 2nd owner.
Not very much. You're well advised to strip the 3m mats / michelin tyres and replace with normal MRFs, get your 3M package switched to another car that you buy, if you are staying on in India / Bangalore.

It still remains a 2nd owner 2014 vento and will command prices accordingly.
Old 9th February 2017, 20:22   #11819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Not very much. You're well advised to strip the 3m mats / michelin tyres and replace with normal MRFs, get your 3M package switched to another car that you buy, if you are staying on in India / Bangalore.

It still remains a 2nd owner 2014 vento and will command prices accordingly.
Thanks for your reply!!
If I sell the car I would off course sell it with all the attached accessories/ enhancements because they would be useless to any other car. 3M package is something I 'can' consider moving to a new car. I am not really expecting a jack up of price due to these but there were just pointers to consider that the car is well maintained.

As per your experience, you have any ball park figure for the pricing?
Old 9th February 2017, 20:45   #11820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyP View Post
Thanks for your reply!!
If I sell the car I would off course sell it with all the attached accessories/ enhancements because they would be useless to any other car. 3M package is something I 'can' consider moving to a new car. I am not really expecting a jack up of price due to these but there were just pointers to consider that the car is well maintained.

As per your experience, you have any ball park figure for the pricing?
I haven't ever sold a vento before but they don't have a terribly good resale value and already a second owner means that the value drops even further.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed