Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2018, 11:56   #12931
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringlawyer View Post
Hi folks,

I am thinking of buying a 7-year-old, about 87 Kms run, Skoda Fabia 1.6 L Petrol.
As I understand Skoda has discontinued Fabia and doesn't sell it anymore in India.

Assuming that the car is in decent condition (I have neither checked the car nor taken a test drive), what would be a good price to pay for this car, considering that the model has been discontinued? I have heard some good reviews about the car and also read the reviews here.

Thank you.

A close friend of mine had sold his 6.5 year old 1.6 in March 2017 for 90K. It was in decent condition and had run about 95k.
This was in Gurgaon- Delhi, so go figure.

Maintenance cost is pretty high and fuel average is about 9-10 kmpl max.
He got so bankrupt with fuel costs for a long daily commute, he bought a CNG grandi10.

Last edited by rayjaycleoful : 22nd September 2018 at 11:58.
rayjaycleoful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 20:31   #12932
BHPian

Hello friends, I am looking for a secind hand Mahindra Thar most likely 2014 model and ahead. I am based in Delhi/NCR, but if i get a good deal i am ready to travel to get the car.
Let me know if any of your known is selling one. Thanks.
Old 23rd September 2018, 16:23   #12933
BHPian

Hi guys, whats a fair price for a 2013 Skoda Rapid Ambition, TDI? First owner, run 48K kms. Condition is pretty good, however the insurance has expired and needs an immediate change of all tires. Price quoted as minimum is 5.4L. Is it fair enough?
Old 23rd September 2018, 18:18   #12934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringlawyer View Post
Hi folks,

I am thinking of buying a 7-year-old, about 87 Kms run, Skoda Fabia 1.6 L Petrol.
As I understand Skoda has discontinued Fabia and doesn't sell it anymore in India.

Assuming that the car is in decent condition (I have neither checked the car nor taken a test drive), what would be a good price to pay for this car, considering that the model has been discontinued? I have heard some good reviews about the car and also read the reviews here.

Thank you.

Stay away for sure! The Fabia did not share platforms and parts like the Vento, Polo and Rapid. Hence spare parts cost and servicing would always be very tricky. And to be honest apart from the build quality there is nothing that is outstanding in this car, not the 1.6 engine for sure. Would recommend you to look at a Polo which will offer most of what the Fabia does, but it should be lot more easier to live with.
motorworks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2018, 19:52   #12935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
Around march 2015, we bought a 9month old ( May/june 2014) Grand i10 Asta with just 6000 kms on odo, in showroom condition and plastic covering on seats for 4.2 lakhs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
That's a ridiculously low price for a 9 month old car. New one would have costed around Rs. 6.5 lakhs if I'm not wrong. How did you manage such a good deal?
No. Would have been 5.4L on road at max at the time. In April 2014. Asta was 5.1L Ex Showroom & Asta(O) was 5.4L Ex Showroom. I am very sure. Picked up the Asta(O) for 5.75L on road Gurgaon including a 15k discount in April 2014.
Old 28th September 2018, 08:47   #12936
BHPian

Looks like they might have reworked the pricing algorithm behind cars24 pricing system for used cars. Clearly remember pricing out a friends car about 2 weeks back and then rechecked again this morning & noticed a huge increase in price (more in line with what one could realistically expect).

Anyone esle noticed the same ?
Old 28th September 2018, 12:31   #12937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxsend View Post
Looks like they might have reworked the pricing algorithm behind cars24 pricing system for used cars. Clearly remember pricing out a friends car about 2 weeks back and then rechecked again this morning & noticed a huge increase in price (more in line with what one could realistically expect).

Anyone esle noticed the same ?
Yes i did. The prices have increased drastically for a good condition car. I just checked used 3 years old 530d with 50000 kms and its way too high then offered from used car dealers. Is the market going up for used cars in India?
Old 28th September 2018, 13:52   #12938
BHPian

I think for Renault Duster AMT RXZ, either there is no change or the price has decreased further. Can't remember exactly the price when I checked couple of weeks ago.
Old 28th September 2018, 17:38   #12939
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys!

I have been contemplating an used 3 series to replace my 7.5 years old i20. I need a few suggestions here:

1. Is it wise to go for the e90 3 considering the newest one will be at least 7-8 years old.
If yes what is the price range I am looking at.

2. If not, then I am strictly looking at Max 5 year old F30s. However, my budget is capped at 15L. Is it possible to get one in that range?

P.S: this is a pure from the heart decision.

Last edited by Pancham : 28th September 2018 at 17:39.
Old 28th September 2018, 17:47   #12940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
2. If not, then I am strictly looking at Max 5 year old F30s. However, my budget is capped at 15L. Is it possible to get one in that range?

P.S: this is a pure from the heart decision.
The problem with buying an 8 year old Beemer is that you'll end up spending some 2 or 3 lakh ++ on necessary repairs, and then spend about a lakh a year on regular maintenance, tyres etc.

If your budget can stand it, go for it. Else, at sub 15 lakh try a VW GT TDI if what you want is a pocket rocket German. Or a used Corolla.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 17:53   #12941
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
I'm selling my Vento. Was quoted 3.75 lakh by a dealer when I went in for an exchange. Is that fair value? Orange book has it closer to 4 lakhs. Looking to sell it to a dealer for the sake of convenience.
Were you able to sell it finally? What value did you get?
Old 28th September 2018, 18:01   #12942
BHPian

What is the best price i can give for Verna Fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX version in Chennai. Quoting price is 4.85. Details are as follows;

Single owner, 65000km, New tires, added Stanley leather. Car is in neat condition except minor scratches on the bumpers. All glasses are original.

How much can I pay for this. Any suggestions?

Location Chennai
Old 28th September 2018, 18:08   #12943
Senior - BHPian

The seats just don't matter. Which year's Verna is that?

If the quoting price is 4.85 start off at 3.85 and go to 4 max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stable rock View Post
What is the best price i can give for Verna Fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX version in Chennai. Quoting price is 4.85. Details are as follows;

Single owner, 65000km, New tires, added Stanley leather. Car is in neat condition except minor scratches on the bumpers. All glasses are original.

How much can I pay for this. Any suggestions?

Location Chennai
Old 28th September 2018, 18:37   #12944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The problem with buying an 8 year old Beemer is that you'll end up spending some 2 or 3 lakh ++ on necessary repairs, and then spend about a lakh a year on regular maintenance, tyres etc.

If your budget can stand it, go for it. Else, at sub 15 lakh try a VW GT TDI if what you want is a pocket rocket German. Or a used Corolla.
Haha. Not really looking at Corollas or used diesel VWs which sound quite bad.

How about an F30 though?

Last edited by Pancham : 28th September 2018 at 18:43.
Old 30th September 2018, 12:24   #12945
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

I have a second hand JETTA (Diesel Highline AT) 2012 which I bought with 33k kms on ODO and now it is 56k or 58k. Headliner needs to be changed/stick back again. AC cools when the car is running and on red light it depends on the ACs mood. Other than that there is no problem.

I installed Philadelphia 845 - BLAUPUNKT, 2 Rainbow speakers ( component ) and 02 Pioneer speakers ( component ), 2 amps one of Rainbow and one of DD and a sub woofer from Rainbow (Beat). There is damping too.

Car has never been in any accident. No claims. Meter reading is absolutely correct as I checked all the usual things regarding that.

How much can I expect for the car ? Any guesses ?

Last edited by Metallicar : 30th September 2018 at 12:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks