Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2018, 17:15   #12991
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
While what you said is true, the comfort levels of a D segment car are world's ahead. I recently inspected a pristinely maintained 10 year old Laura ambiente 1.9pd with 1.6Lakhs km's on the odometer. Seller(Truevalue) didn't budge below 3L and the deal ended fruitlessly.

I agree with this staement. I went ahead and test drove the car. It is smooth as a new engine, which I guess is beauty of all Toyota petrols. However I need to check few other cars before moving ahead.

BTW Figo Aspire Titanium is 10.5 OTR in Bangalore.
Old 2nd November 2018, 22:02   #12992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
I agree with this staement. I went ahead and test drove the car. It is smooth as a new engine, which I guess is beauty of all Toyota petrols. However I need to check few other cars before moving ahead.

BTW Figo Aspire Titanium is 10.5 OTR in Bangalore.

To be honest, the Corolla is a fuss free car, thats about it. Nothing remotely exciting about the engine or the build quality. I would rather urge you to get a more recent Honda City CVT. Or if you are willing to take a slight risk on the Germans, a good Vento TSi. Difficult to get, but probably much better than the Corolla. I remember my colleague and me trying out the Corolla and the vento back to back, he finally went ahead and bought a Vento Tdi DSG.
Old 2nd November 2018, 22:18   #12993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
To be honest, the Corolla is a fuss free car, thats about it. Nothing remotely exciting about the engine or the build quality. I would rather urge you to get a more recent Honda City CVT. Or if you are willing to take a slight risk on the Germans, a good Vento TSi. Difficult to get, but probably much better than the Corolla. I remember my colleague and me trying out the Corolla and the vento back to back, he finally went ahead and bought a Vento Tdi DSG.

Having driven Honda City and Vento/Rapid, I could say that the comfort provided by corolla is unmatched by them, even for driver seat. This is from my personal experience of driving to Goa in one and driving back in other.

Both Jetta and Laura are on by radar as well. I am just worried of spares.

This car would be used sparingly and prime criteria is comfort for my family - parents and kids.
Old 2nd November 2018, 23:16   #12994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
Both Jetta and Laura are on by radar as well. I am just worried of spares.

This car would be used sparingly and prime criteria is comfort for my family - parents and kids.
I would say stay away from either Jetta/Laura esp. if the car is primarily meant for family duties. The electronics in the European cars are a big bummer. Another understated option is the Hyundai Sonata Embera, should be available for relatively less price and spares should be manageable through Hyundai service channels.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 2nd November 2018 at 23:28.
Old 7th November 2018, 17:19   #12995
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians Happy Diwali and Prosperous New Year to all of you.

Currently I have 2011 SX4 ZXI with around 35k on odo. Car is running still on stock tyres and never been in any accidents & have not given me any trouble until now. Heavy clutch, strange noises from AC blower and tyre replacement within 6 months period etc have made me thinking of upgrading to new/lightly used one.

Have came across with 2014 fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDI SX manual model with 20k on odo asking price is around 7lk as its a lightly used one and new one is priced at around 13lk plus.

Request all of you to provide your two cents on my situation, and also what is a rational price for verna and how much i should be expecting for SX4.
Old 7th November 2018, 18:58   #12996
Senior - BHPian

A new clutch, new tyres and aircon service will cost you far less than a lakh and after the precise steering of a sx4, you are going to hate the Verna.

Don't ride the clutch
Rotate align and balance your new tyres
Change the aircon filter regularly and use closed circulation mode

That's all you need along with regular scheduled service of the sx4.

Last edited by hserus : 7th November 2018 at 19:03.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 21:26   #12997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
A new clutch, new tyres and aircon service will cost you far less than a lakh and after the precise steering of a sx4, you are going to hate the Verna.

Don't ride the clutch
Rotate align and balance your new tyres
Change the aircon filter regularly and use closed circulation mode

That's all you need along with regular scheduled service of the sx4.
Thanks for quick reply hserus,

As far as expenses are concerned I am pretty much aware of final tally and my head says that i should stick to SX4, but a lot has been said and written about verna's 1.6 CRDI engine with 6Speed transmission and overall equipment level offered by hyundai, plus due to job change i have been shifted to pune for past one year so was also thinking that Verna CRDI would be fun to drive on WEH.

Any leads as how much should i be paying for Verna.
Old 7th November 2018, 21:57   #12998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdeshmukh View Post
Hello fellow BHPians Happy Diwali and Prosperous New Year to all of you.

Currently I have 2011 SX4 ZXI with around 35k on odo. Car is running still on stock tyres and never been in any accidents & have not given me any trouble until now. Heavy clutch, strange noises from AC blower and tyre replacement within 6 months period etc have made me thinking of upgrading to new/lightly used one.

Have came across with 2014 fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDI SX manual model with 20k on odo asking price is around 7lk as its a lightly used one and new one is priced at around 13lk plus.

Request all of you to provide your two cents on my situation, and also what is a rational price for verna and how much i should be expecting for SX4.

My assumption for the Verna is not more than 5-5.5 lakhs for sure. The one on sale is a completely new car and you should use that as a point to bargain hard.

Make no mistake, the earlier Verna was known for boat like ride over 3 digit speeds and that is one of the reasons many people have appreciated the new one for the significant upgrade in road manners. So the engine may be a torque king, but handling is very average. I would urge you to look around for a used Vento or a Rapid with a similar ODO. They would feel different compared to an SX4, else there is very little change that you would experience between the SX4 and the earlier Verna.
motorworks is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 22:00   #12999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I would urge you to look around for a used Vento or a Rapid with a similar ODO. They would feel different compared to an SX4, else there is very little change that you would experience between the SX4 and the earlier Verna.
The SX4 has a high GC and an engine that'd beg to be pushed hard on long smooth highways - I've sat in one while it was driven (expertly) at a speed I won't mention, but yes definitely triple digit. Fix your clutch and take it down the WEH .. maybe get a new stereo and some other accessories in the upcoming 11/11 Aliexpress sale and see.
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 17:43   #13000
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Hi,
How much can I expect if I wanna sell my 2015 made / 2016 jan registered Octavia 1.8 TSI with 53,400 kms on ODO
Old 1st December 2018, 08:47   #13001
Senior - BHPian

Sold my Brio S O MT for 3.2 Lakhs yday. It was a 2012 car, and I was the second owner, bought it in 2014. It had just done 30,000kms, and very well maintained. My wife was using the car only for short city runs.

Initially I was quoted as low as 2.1 and 2.3 by used car and other dealers. I posted it on team bhp and other classified sites, like OLX and Car trade. I started getting a lot of enquiries but nothing concrete, and all were for the price of 2.5 or around that. I had posted 3.4 as my expectation. Finally I got a buyer thru OLX, who agreed for 3.2 and the deal was done yday. I feel its a good price since im the second owner.
Old 1st December 2018, 12:39   #13002

If anyone has or knows of a used Fortuner for sale, i would be interested. Don't want to deal with user car dealers or borkers. Car should be accident-free, mileage no issue. Ideally in Bangalore, but anywhere else is also fine. I'm also looking to sell my 5-year-old Terrano 85ps.
Old 3rd December 2018, 13:23   #13003

Hello experts,
I am being offered a 2016 Ford Ecosport 1.5 Ti VCT Titanium automatic, which has been driven 12k for ~8.5 lacs in Bangalore. Decent condition, single owner.

What would be an acceptable range for buying this car? The insurance is about to expire. Also, what would be a good place to get it checked thoroughly?
Old 7th December 2018, 16:57   #13004
BHPian

What would be a good price to offer for a 2012, Single Owner, Skoda Laura RS, that's clocked just under 50,000 kms. ?
Old 7th December 2018, 17:25   #13005
BHPian

Hi,

I am interested to buy a 2014 Fiat Linea (T-jet) , run around 35,000 KM. Apparently, the car seems to be in good condition.
What would be the reasonable price range for it in Bangalore, considering it's a Fiat, and which, in all probability, is being (or already has been) discontinued.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks