Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2019, 18:49   #13471
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Please Advice On This Pre Owned Fortuner

A good fact is that it is not a NCR registration. Usually, these SUV's are not owner driven. Employed drivers do not handle them very well in most cases. Please check out as to whether it was owner driven?'The 84,000 km on odo is OK. Please check the year and month of the tyre manufacture for each tyre, including stepney and this may give some clues about it's use. Also, please check the driver's seat for wear and tear vis a vis the front passenger seat. The tyres (wear and tear pattern) and wheel rims give good clues of good and bad use.

Introduced in 2009, and thereafter with some additonal features/ options incl auto transmission wef 2012, this is the first generation Fortuner (in India). The second generation Fortuner (of 2015) came along in India November 2016. Hence, as the model is already one generation old and as the newer model has already done three years (half life), you could bargain further for the price. And these companies make available spares for a limited number of years (it should be 10 after the model's discontinuation) but many don't adhere to the norm.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 12th November 2019 at 18:51.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 10:24   #13472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPL View Post
Hi Friends,

Been hunting for a good fortuner since last 2 months
Hi VPL,

Can you please hold your hunt for Fortuner for few weeks, government is planning the policies to scrap the old vehicles.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...7.cms?from=mdr

Thanks,
dsnaveen21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 19:40   #13473
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
I am getting a 2015 Skoda Octavia Ambition 2.0 Diesel Manual Transmission in Bangalore. It is around 27K kms driven and single owner. Can someone please help with

1) What are things that specifically need to be checked for this car (any known issues for this model)?
2) What is a good price to offer?
Any inputs on this one?
Old 14th November 2019, 10:13   #13474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
Any inputs on this one?
Is this from dealer or owner.

Please take the vehicle to skoda service centre, pay some money, they will check in and out.
Also if any known mechanic is there, show him the car.

Also check
a. any insurance claimed & depending on the age of the car, enough NCB should be visible.
b. suspension.
c. tyres/spare wheel
d. Service Records (call skoda helpline, give the car number, they should help)
Old 14th November 2019, 11:01   #13475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
Is this from dealer or owner.

Please take the vehicle to skoda service centre, pay some money, they will check in and out.
Do dealers allow this? The ones I met don't even give a proper test drive.
Old 14th November 2019, 13:02   #13476
BHPian

My father's colleague, and close family friend, is selling his 2009 Maruti Alto LXi. The vehicle is in Palakkad, Kerala, and has covered just 50,000 kms. The condition is very good, with new MRF tyres, except for a few minor scratches on the body. The car has been maintained very well and taken care of. The asking price is ₹1.5 lakhs, which I feel is fair enough considering that I'm getting a well-maintained car from a known person.

I am purchasing the car for my father and sister to get acquainted with driving. The usage would strictly be within the city, and this vehicle suffices our requirements. Kindly requesting the experts for suggestions regarding the price.

Last edited by ram.iyer95 : 14th November 2019 at 13:04.
ram.iyer95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 13:10   #13477
BHPian

I want to sell my BMW X1 2017, XLine sDrive 20d.
It's done about 26000kms it's a September 2017 registered model.
HR 26 registration with zero dep insurance valid till 09/20 and Extended Warranty by BMW till 09/20 with all services done by BMW.
What is a fair price I can get for my car?
Old 14th November 2019, 13:19   #13478
Senior - BHPian

Friend wants to sell a single owner 2016 April registered white colour Honda Brio (Bangalore registered), 21000 kms, in immaculate condition. What would be a reasonable selling price?
Old 14th November 2019, 18:34   #13479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.iyer95 View Post
I am purchasing the car for my father and sister to get acquainted with driving. The usage would strictly be within the city, and this vehicle suffices our requirements. Kindly requesting the experts for suggestions regarding the price.
Its always worthy to pay a premium for a used car which you know about If there is no scope for negotiation, you can always ask them to give the car a general service and full tank of fuel before you take the keys as a favor from them. I would personally knock at least 10k off that number. Its an 10 year old car even if it is perfectly maintained. Good luck with the purchase.

Last edited by giri1.8 : 14th November 2019 at 18:36.
giri1.8 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 19:08   #13480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.iyer95 View Post
My father's colleague, and close family friend, is selling his 2009 Maruti Alto LXi. .... Kindly requesting the experts for suggestions regarding the price.
Here's one thing I've missed factoring in twice before when I've bought used cars I hope that you at least get to benefit from my failures. Check out the scratches on the windshield after dark by driving it out on the roads. Do the headlights dazzle you due to light scattered by scratches or odd patches on the windshield? If so, I reckon that you should factor in a cool Rs.6000 (approx) for a new windshield for afterwards, when you've bought it.

Me? I bought a new windshield for one used car by spending cash. Right now, am pondering about whether Cerium Oxide powder will do the trick with my used A Star which is otherwise in pristine condition. If not, a new windshield yet again may be my solution
locusjag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 19:39   #13481
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Here's----snip--- solution
Do you have insurance?
Go to any Windshield expert store and they'll replace the glass and "manage" the insurance process.
mayankk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 19:50   #13482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Its always worthy to pay a premium for a used car which you know about If there is no scope for negotiation, you can always ask them to give the car a general service and full tank of fuel before you take the keys as a favor from them. I would personally knock at least 10k off that number. Its an 10 year old car even if it is perfectly maintained. Good luck with the purchase.
Thanks for the valuable inputs. We went ahead with the deal, since the peace of mind that one gets while buying a pre-owned car from a close acquaintance is worth it. Of course, the current owner has agreed to carry out a service before handing over to us.
Old 14th November 2019, 19:57   #13483
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Do you have insurance?
Go to any Windshield expert store and they'll replace the glass and "manage" the insurance process.
You're right. That's the best way to get it done. It is just that I have a problem - I cannot lie or commit fraud It just felt so wrong to defraud the insurer and as the windshield expert store guy stared at me, I uttered those fateful words to him - "I'll pay cash and get it replaced".

This is also why I never seem to clear any job interviews. Or why I never had a girlfriend. So on and so forth...because I can't lie!!
locusjag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 00:05   #13484
VPL

Firstly thanks for the reply. You mean to say that all old vehicles will be scrapped?

How is Pajero Sport when compared to Fortuner ?

Do we have any issues in service and is the maintenance of same too high when compared with Toyota Fortuner ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
Hi VPL,

Can you please hold your hunt for Fortuner for few weeks, government is planning the policies to scrap the old vehicles.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...7.cms?from=mdr

Thanks,
Old 15th November 2019, 11:13   #13485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPL View Post
You mean to say that all old vehicles will be scrapped?

How is Pajero Sport when compared to Fortuner ?

Do we have any issues in service and is the maintenance of same too high when compared with Toyota Fortuner ?
What if NGT extends 10 years diesel cars on all metros.

Fortuner you will find plenty in second hand market, but Pajero Sport second hand vehicle is hard to find by.

Dont know regarding the maintenance between the 2.
dsnaveen21 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks