Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2009, 11:45   #1336
BHPian

Ford Fusion - no substitute

As my Fusion crossed the third birthday (Oct 2006)I feel it really has no replacement today in the Indian market .... which is sad. I dont see a car in this price range, with SUV like features and 1.6 litre power, fully loaded with four power windows, fog lamps. great ground clearance, good petrol avg, excellent city and highway ride, good tyres, et al. The current breed of cars are 1.2 to 1.4 litre engines and overpriced! My Fusion is now three years old and save a few parts that needed change at 41000 km, is an excellent vehicle. Looking ahead, I dont see a worthwhile replacement with the features, price, size, power of the Fusion. A three year old petrol Fusion is likely to get 3 lakhs .... am I right? A new Fusion costs 6.5 lakhs or so. What other car can give you what a Fusion does? Even the Figo is likely to be a watered down version with better looks.
Old 21st December 2009, 16:05   #1337
BHPian

Bangalore - 2nd Hand Car Advice please

I found a 2005 - Baleno Vxi in "Cauvery Cars". The car has done about 35000km and the dealer is quoting Rs 3,60,000.

Is this reasonable??

Does anyone in Bangalore have any experience or feedback about this dealer??

I havent actually gone down to the showroom yet and as such havent seen the car either. Planning to do so this weekend. This guy has a lot of Vtechs and Balenos so if anyone else wants to come along, please let me know.

I have a budget of 4.5 lacs - if not the baleno any other suggestions are most welcome. I need something that is fun to drive and off-course easy to modify.

Any suggestion on the various dealers in Bangalore is welcome as well.

In most of the threads, people have suggested Automart and Classic Automobiles but these guys have a very small selection which is mostly restricted to scorpios, swifts and numerous petrol getz
Old 21st December 2009, 16:49   #1338
Senior - BHPian

Carwale shows dealer value to be 3.4 , 3.2 and 3L for excellent, good and fair maintained 2005 Baleno.

I think you have scope to negotiate on a Baleno - check out the car condition of the car first.
Old 21st December 2009, 16:51   #1339
Senior - BHPian

Now that you have decided to buy a Maruti car on second hand, why dont you try out True Value, I know of many people who have bought cars there and can vouch for the quality of cars which they sell.

It would remove all the doubts in your mind.
Old 21st December 2009, 16:59   #1340
Senior - BHPian

True value prices may be high but then they give one year warranty.But mostly they may not come down on the price because they thoroughly check the car and make
it in good condition so definitely they may add some margin on the price.
However from other dealers you may be able to bargain the price but mostly there
wont be any warranty given by them?
Old 21st December 2009, 17:02   #1341
Senior - BHPian

For the car you checked max. price even in Dealer should not be more than 3.4 lacs Iff car is in best condition. Please don't expect any cooperation from most of the dealers after you buy the vehicle. Best is to choose the vehicle from TRUE VALUE. RNS or Pratham or Kalyani are best ones to deal with.

Think about NHC also. You can get one around 4.5 lacs. or for less price 2005 model I feel.

If you need further help PM me I will give you my friend's number, I take his help to choose pre owned cars. I pay him around 2k once I buy the car. So for to finalyse the car there will be around 5-8 visits in 4 months. I pick him up to check the vehicle once. It worked out very well to me. Everytime I purchased the car from direct owner by taking my friend's guidance and my own analysis including astrological view

Ravi.
Old 21st December 2009, 17:07   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Carwale shows dealer value to be 3.4 , 3.2 and 3L for excellent, good and fair maintained 2005 Baleno.

I think you have scope to negotiate on a Baleno - check out the car condition of the car first.
The price i found was actually on carwale

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Now that you have decided to buy a Maruti car on second hand, why dont you try out True Value, I know of many people who have bought cars there and can vouch for the quality of cars which they sell.

It would remove all the doubts in your mind.
Hmmmm....i was planning to do that anyway, but in case someone suggested a non-maruti car on the thread, i need to have other dealers in mind right.

But thanks for the advise bro...appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
True value prices may be high but then they give one year warranty.But mostly they may not come down on the price because they thoroughly check the car and make
it in good condition so definitely they may add some margin on the price.
However from other dealers you may be able to bargain the price but mostly there
wont be any warranty given by them?
Yeah i know, True Value and Automart give warranties but they usually have very old cars [sniff sniff]
Old 21st December 2009, 17:15   #1343
BHPian

Urgent Feedback Needed

Hi guys, I am in the market for a Honda Civic and have come across one today and willing to close the deal with the owner. My self driven car first of all an Ikon 1.6 Zxi NXT 2005 these days which has clocked 80000 kms and needs maintenance of 30,000 immediately which includes suspension, tyre change, servicing. Over that, it needs insurance worth 6000. If I sell my car off immediately i wont be required to incur this cost.

Now the Civic I am getting is October 2006 White colored, done 75000 kms. finally quoted at 6.50 L. The car has been maintained like a baby and driven on highways only so suspension is superb even after clocking 75k. The owner is offering free warranty for the next 2 years, free insurance worth 18k, faux leather seats. The car howevers needs tyre change worth 13-14 k. The car also has company fitted fog lamps which i do not need but will sell off if i buy the car. Please advice if its a steal or the price is not okay? Urgent replies needed! Forgot to mention, its Civic MT S.
Old 21st December 2009, 17:35   #1344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_diavolo View Post
Hi guys, I am in the market for a Honda Civic and have come across one today and willing to close the deal with the owner. My self driven car first of all an Ikon 1.6 Zxi NXT 2005 these days which has clocked 80000 kms and needs maintenance of 30,000 immediately which includes suspension, tyre change, servicing. Over that, it needs insurance worth 6000. If I sell my car off immediately i wont be required to incur this cost.

Now the Civic I am getting is October 2006 White colored, done 75000 kms. finally quoted at 6.50 L. The car has been maintained like a baby and driven on highways only so suspension is superb even after clocking 75k. The owner is offering free warranty for the next 2 years, free insurance worth 18k, faux leather seats. The car howevers needs tyre change worth 13-14 k. The car also has company fitted fog lamps which i do not need but will sell off if i buy the car. Please advice if its a steal or the price is not okay? Urgent replies needed! Forgot to mention, its Civic MT S.
the price considering its an October 2006 model looks good. However, 75k is a bit on higher side. Try to push it down to 6 or 6.25lac. I know these cars last good for atleast 1.5 to 2 lac kms but still wear and tear starts when you are near 80k mark. Soon, there will be a need for belt changes and lot. May be a heavy service say around 10k.

Also, which new tyres do you plan to upgrade to,13-14k is on a lower side. A set of bridgestones, yokohamas, michelins or good years will cost you somewhere between 16 to 20k.

Further, How come the owner is offering free warranty for the next 2 years, free insurance worth 18k. Insurance I believe can only be till its next due, In this case I believe it should be till October 2010. Also, I dont know but does civic come with a option where warrenty can be extended for 5 years or 1 lac kms (not sure but I doubt it).

Lastly, why would you want to sell the fog light. Although, they come to use one in a while, the big civic fog lamps certainly enhances the looks. they are also useful on highway trips.

6.5 lac is a good price, though further negotiaion can make it a steal. Also dont forget to get the car thoroly checked before you buy it.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 21st December 2009 at 17:37.
Old 21st December 2009, 17:56   #1345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentflyer View Post
The current breed of cars are 1.2 to 1.4 litre engines and overpriced! My Fusion is now three years old and save a few parts that needed change at 41000 km, is an excellent vehicle. Looking ahead, I dont see a worthwhile replacement with the features, price, size, power of the Fusion. A three year old petrol Fusion is likely to get 3 lakhs .... am I right? A new Fusion costs 6.5 lakhs or so. What other car can give you what a Fusion does? Even the Figo is likely to be a watered down version with better looks.
Nothing in that price range can replace Fusion. Since it is just 3 years old, I suggest keep it for another 2-3 years.
IMO, Skoda Yeti would be a worthwhile upgrade (But going to be expensive, even if they price it bellow 15 lakhs onroad)
Old 21st December 2009, 21:53   #1346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorSinha View Post
What should be the price of this Used Palio Stile...

Details..

Model : Palio Stile Multijet
Version : SDX
Purchase Date : Feb 2009
KM Run : 5500+

Owner's Expection : 4.75 L
Market On Road Price : 5.44 L + Free Music System
Dear Victor

Is this still available for sale ? I would be interested in picking up the same..Can drop you a PM if it is still available

Cheers

Last edited by csateesh : 21st December 2009 at 21:57. Reason: Changed to express interest
Old 21st December 2009, 22:07   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dud_Dodo View Post
I'm relocating out of the Country & thus have to sell my Palio SDX which I bought in August last year. It is very painful to part with my car but I have no choice, since keeping it would mean continuing to pay the EMI without the pleasure of driving it.

It has run 14200 Kms, second service is due shortly & is very well maintained. Very clean inside with additional carpeting as well as beige interiors. No accidents & insurance was renewed on the 13th of this month, is thus insured till Aug next year.

Would need suggestions on what price should I quote for this, please help.
@Dud_Dodo,

I would be interested. Pls PM me the details

Sateesh
Old 23rd December 2009, 08:30   #1348

Expected price for ANHC 2009?

Hi guys. Im a new member in this forum, just posted my intro last week. I was looking forward to post the review on my cars, but I now see myself getting set to travel out of India for an overseas job.

I am now thinking of either selling of the ANHC or keeping it in my native. The car was bought in Jul 09, and has done 5k km, with 2 free services done. Could someone shed some light on how much I can expect if I sell it.

The car is Kerala registered, is the SMT variant costed around 9.5 lakhs on road. Please advice.

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd December 2009 at 10:03. Reason: Please Search and post in an existing thread. Thanks
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:27   #1349
BHPian

How Much would a 2006 Swift Fetch in Bangalore?

Guys, I need some help. One of my cousin is trying to sell a Single owned 2006 Year Red colour Swift Vxi which has done around 20k on the odo. The car is in a good condition, How much would it fetch him in bangalore?
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:34   #1350
Senior - BHPian

2.8 - 3L is what I can think of. Ofcourse from a buyer's prospective I would like to get it in faaaar lesser amount.

Most Viewed