Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2019, 21:55   #13531
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 43
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
8.5L for 2014 G CVT is an amazing price. Didn't know they became so cheap. It was close to 11.5 - 13L last year, So yes the deal is amazing. I was checking in Bangalore BTW.

Having purchased 2 corolla's (pre-worshipped) I would advice you to check the
front suspension carefully and check for any weird noises coming from front.
It's technically a 2nd owner car (company -> individual) but yes, I felt the price was good. Thanks a lot for the heads up - I'll check the front suspension. If I do need to get that fixed, roughly how much am I looking at?
kauphylover is offline  
Old 4th December 2019, 10:21   #13532
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 121
Thanked: 74 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauphylover View Post
It's technically a 2nd owner car (company -> individual) but yes, I felt the price was good. Thanks a lot for the heads up - I'll check the front suspension. If I do need to get that fixed, roughly how much am I looking at?
Front shock absorbers would cost 23k along with labour and GST.

Is the car shaped like this? If yes then 8.5L is great. I would suggest to request owner and take car for a general checkup paid by you. Though it is a time consuming process it saves a lot of headache later and you know exactly what you are getting into.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th December 2019 at 07:35. Reason: Fixed link.
vivek.ks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 07:31   #13533
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 43
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
Front shock absorbers would cost 23k along with labour and GST.

Is the car shaped like this? If yes then 8.5L is great. I would suggest to request owner and take car for a general checkup paid by you. Though it is a time consuming process it saves a lot of headache later and you know exactly what you are getting into.
Thanks again, Vivek. Although the deal looked good (it probably still is), the car has had a few insurance claims, the seller wanted part cash and the owner was supposedly "his cousin who is abroad" all of which being a first time used car buyer made me a little uncomfortable. I decided to skip this one.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th December 2019 at 07:35. Reason: Quoted post edited.
kauphylover is offline  
Old 12th December 2019, 15:00   #13534
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,122
Thanked: 456 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauphylover View Post
Also, 14.5L for a 2016 Superb L&K TSI AT that has run 70K seem reasonable?
Is this the new design Superb or the facelifted previous gen. For present gen this is an amazing price!


What would be a good price to pay for a mid 2016 Octavia Style Plus TSI, 1st owner with 35-40k run. These would be the single headlamp pre facelift in the present gen.
MileCruncher is offline  
Old 13th December 2019, 13:32   #13535
BHPian
 
suzuki san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Goa & Bombay
Posts: 661
Thanked: 506 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hi Guys,

Need some advice from the guru's.

I am looking to buy a second hand automatic car for use in the city only. Hatchback preferred but not a "must have".
Running will be maximum 600 to 700 kms a month.
What car should I be looking at?
I have heard that the Hyundai's give pathetic mileage.
I am looking for a mileage of at least 10 kmpl with A.C.
Prefer a 1.2L engine rather than the rubbish 1.0L 3 cylinder variety.

Your inputs would be much appreciated.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline  
Old 13th December 2019, 15:08   #13536
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Pune
Posts: 420
Thanked: 685 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,

Need some advice from the guru's.

I am looking to buy a second hand automatic car for use in the city only. Hatchback preferred but not a "must have".
Running will be maximum 600 to 700 kms a month.
What car should I be looking at?
I have heard that the Hyundai's give pathetic mileage.
I am looking for a mileage of at least 10 kmpl with A.C.
Prefer a 1.2L engine rather than the rubbish 1.0L 3 cylinder variety.

Your inputs would be much appreciated.

Regards,
SS
Budget? Any other requirements, like safety, space, performance?
pseudo_coder is offline  
Old 13th December 2019, 16:44   #13537
BHPian
 
suzuki san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Goa & Bombay
Posts: 661
Thanked: 506 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Budget? Any other requirements, like safety, space, performance?
Hi,

Sorry,
I should have mentioned these points.
Airbags and ABS a MUST.
Space should be sufficient for 4 adults to sit in comfort.
Performance is not an issue. As long as it has a decent pick up.
Must have a good A.C.
Budget is 5.00L but can be stretched to 6.00L for the right car.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline  
Old 13th December 2019, 17:07   #13538
BHPian
 
Turrrb0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Chennai
Posts: 366
Thanked: 566 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
10.4 sounds like a good price. I have seen deals in Pune offering less SX+ at this rate, before negotiation.
What would be a good price for a 2016 March Silver Creta 1.6 diesel SX(o) in Chennai. The car has done around 38k Km. We are looking to sell ours. It is fully stock and in perfect mechanical condition.
Turrrb0 is offline  
Old 13th December 2019, 20:06   #13539
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 884
Thanked: 1,071 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Airbags and ABS a MUST.
Space should be sufficient for 4 adults to sit in comfort.
Performance is not an issue. As long as it has a decent pick up.
You still didn't mention the choice of AT. AMT/CVT/TC/DCT ?. Anyways, following are the ones that immediately pop-

1) 1-2 year old Tiago XZA/XZA+.
2) At the upper end of your budget you may find a 3-4 year Baleno AT or 2 year old Ignis AMT.
3) 4-5 year old Amaze and Brio Automatic should be available for around 4L.
4) 6-7 year old Honda City CVT should be available under 6L.
5) 3-5 year old Grand i10 and i20 Auto should be available under 6L.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 23:52   #13540
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Pune
Posts: 420
Thanked: 685 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi,

Sorry,
I should have mentioned these points.
Airbags and ABS a MUST.
Space should be sufficient for 4 adults to sit in comfort.
Performance is not an issue. As long as it has a decent pick up.
Must have a good A.C.
Budget is 5.00L but can be stretched to 6.00L for the right car.

Regards,
SS
If possible to increase the budget, get a new Wagon R 1.2, possibly ZXI. Beng year end, you can squeeze about 20k discount. Get the insurance from outside, don't take optional items like accessories and extended warranty. These all can be added later. For about 6.5 lakh, you will get a spacious car with a refined, frugal and reasonably powerful engine. Most essential features are present. As a bonus, you get a boot of the same size as compact SUVs!
pseudo_coder is offline  
Old 14th December 2019, 16:37   #13541
BHPian
 
Tojo_GotBhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: KL-44, TN-12
Posts: 158
Thanked: 355 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hello Guys!
We're in lookout for a second car in the family.
Budget is 2L. Ready to Stretch upto 220K, if a good car falls in the radar.
What will be a reasonable price for a Ritz Petrol? Swift seems to be largely overpriced, may be due to the success.
What other good choices are available in the price range? Chevy Beat Diesel? Brio Petrol?
The purchase is planned at january. Any other good options that I missed?
We're not much interested in the WagonR and Alto.
Please help Guys

Keep revvin'
Tojo_GotBhp is offline  
Old 14th December 2019, 18:05   #13542
BHPian
 
THE_DRIFTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Panchkula
Posts: 41
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
Hello Guys!
We're in lookout for a second car in the family.
Budget is 2L. Ready to Stretch upto 220K, if a good car falls in the radar.
What will be a reasonable price for a Ritz Petrol? Swift seems to be largely overpriced, may be due to the success.
What other good choices are available in the price range? Chevy Beat Diesel? Brio Petrol?
The purchase is planned at january. Any other good options that I missed?
We're not much interested in the WagonR and Alto.
Please help Guys

Keep revvin'
Ritz would probably cost you above 2 lakhs for sure
See some of the listings here: https://www.olx.in/items/q-Ritz
It would be better to look for a Sedan in the used market rather than a Petrol hatch because you would get a lot more for the same price.
Take a look at my case, I was about to buy a used Petrol hatch and ended up buying a second hand Tata Manza which is certainly better than many of the new cars under 8 lakhs, even being a 10 years old car.
So, why look for Swifts and Brios, when you can get a mighty Safari Dicor for less than 2 lakhs or a rocket Chevy Cruze for a little above lakhs??

Still, if your needs are for a hatch (as it would be your second car) do look at used Nissan Micra or an Old gen Honda Jazz.
THE_DRIFTER is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 22:08   #13543
BHPian
 
Tojo_GotBhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: KL-44, TN-12
Posts: 158
Thanked: 355 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_DRIFTER View Post
Ritz would probably cost you above 2 lakhs for sure
See some of the listings here: https://www.olx.in/items/q-Ritz
So, why look for Swifts and Brios, when you can get a mighty Safari Dicor for less than 2 lakhs or a rocket Chevy Cruze for a little above lakhs??

Still, if your needs are for a hatch (as it would be your second car) do look at used Nissan Micra or an Old gen Honda Jazz.
The thing is we already have a Verna 1.6 at home for all highway duties. The need now is for a hatchback for city runs and college runs (which is 70kms two side), the college use will be occasional though!

Will a used first gen Jazz fall in the budget? Coz the listings I saw yet demand quite a premium!
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 06:33   #13544
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Ahmednagar, MH
Posts: 14
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_DRIFTER View Post
So, why look for Swifts and Brios, when you can get a mighty Safari Dicor for less than 2 lakhs or a rocket Chevy Cruze for a little above lakhs
Safaris for that price are not in good conditions. Maybe from 3.5 Lac one may get a well maintained Safari. I am still searching for one. Please point out if some good ones are available that cheap.

Thanks!
Drkalgaonkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 09:09   #13545
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 884
Thanked: 1,071 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_DRIFTER View Post
So, why look for Swifts and Brios, when you can get a mighty Safari Dicor for less than 2 lakhs or a rocket Chevy Cruze for a little above lakhs??
Chances are high that an equivalent amount has to be spent on repairs and restoration. That's the reason they aren't usually suggested as one has to be prepared for occassional tantrums from such cars.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks