Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2019, 10:15   #13546
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Pune
Posts: 427
Thanked: 734 Times
Default

Hexa XTA 7 seater
October 2018 registered
27k odo
Location Pune
Final asking price 15.5 lakh.

How is the deal? New car can be bought for 21 lakh.
pseudo_coder is offline  
Old 15th December 2019, 11:55   #13547
BHPian
 
THE_DRIFTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Panchkula
Posts: 41
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

@Tojo_GotBhp Yes Sir, as you already have a Verna, then you don't need another sedan for sure.
In hatchbacks, if your budget is strictly under 2-2.5 lakhs, then all possible choices for you are:-
1. Alto - Nothing can really match an Alto in terms of reliability.
2. WagonR - Old models of WagonR can be found under 3 lakhs easily. This is the car I would suggest you as it is fulfills all major needs that you have.
Also, in my area, used cars are relatively cheaper to procure. So yes an old gen Jazz would be available under 3 lakhs here, in Punjab.


@Drkalgaonkar Yes, being Punjab, SUVs are cheaper here in the used market. Also, I've seen many well maintained safaris going under 2.5-3 lakhs. Even a 2010 Endeavour is available under 4 lakhs


@jetsetgo08 You are absolutely right here, you could get a nice used car for cheap or you could be stuck with a lemon. And yes, these are the cars that could sometimes, make you spend more on repair than on buying one
THE_DRIFTER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 15:09   #13548
BHPian
 
ashvek3141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Goa
Posts: 290
Thanked: 651 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hello Guys,

I am looking to sell my 2011 MS Swift ZDi in coming 2-3 months before the BS-6 norm kicks in. The car is immaculately maintained with all services done at ASS. The car has completed 1 lac KMS at the time of writing this. What is the best price that I can expect for my car in the second hand market?

Thanks.
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 21:36   #13549
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: MH-01,05,15,18
Posts: 105
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

What price should I expect of my 2011 Verna fluidic SX Crdi and 97k KM run. Tata dealer is quoting 260k plus 25k bonus as per their National campaign for Tata Assured used cars.
sandeepsc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 12:46   #13550
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 891
Thanked: 1,102 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Hexa XTA 7 seater
October 2018 registered
27k odo
..
Final asking price 15.5 lakh.
Fair "selling" price if the car is well maintained. But, if I were the buyer my quote would start from 60%(~13L) of the OTR price, which I consider as a very good buying price as the car would turn 2 in 2020.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 13:05   #13551
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Pune
Posts: 427
Thanked: 734 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Fair "selling" price if the car is well maintained. But, if I were the buyer my quote would start from 60%(~13L) of the OTR price, which I consider as a very good buying price as the car would turn 2 in 2020.
I concur. I checked the car. Looked like the usage has been rough. Didn't go ahead.
pseudo_coder is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 20:43   #13552
BHPian
 
THE_DRIFTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Panchkula
Posts: 41
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
What price should I expect of my 2011 Verna fluidic SX Crdi and 97k KM run. Tata dealer is quoting 260k plus 25k bonus as per their National campaign for Tata Assured used cars.
In my opinion, do not settle for less than 3-3.5 lakhs. Negotiate them for more, if they do not offer you more, sell your car to an individual.
THE_DRIFTER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 18:22   #13553
BHPian
 
rambo1o1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Goa
Posts: 506
Thanked: 314 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hey,

Just saw this ad online and i have messaged the owner now. yet to hear back from him. I dont know which month it was registered or which variant it is.I am going by what is mentioned on olx. Any pointers as to what would be a good price to offer? various online evaluators are all over the park!


Global Ford fiesta( facelift).
2015 resisted, month??
Titanium diesel model.
71,000km driven.
black in color
new tires and battery
Listed price 6 lakhs!


Name:  ford fiesta.jpg
Views: 1710
Size:  165.7 KB


Looking to replace my 9 year old petrol Figo.
rambo1o1 is offline  
Old 19th December 2019, 20:06   #13554
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 291
Thanked: 209 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Hey,

Just saw this ad online and i have messaged the owner now. yet to hear back from him. I dont know which month it was registered or which variant it is.I am going by what is mentioned on olx. Any pointers as to what would be a good price to offer? various online evaluators are all over the park!

Looking to replace my 9 year old petrol Figo.
I bought it from a fellow tbhpian for 4 Lakhs.

Global Ford fiesta( facelift).
2014 November
Titanium diesel model.
47,000km driven.
White Color
With Android Touchscreen, TPMS, White lights, Front and reverse camera

Im the third owner but i know the car from the day he bought it and knew how he maintains.

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-whatsapp-image-20191219-8.03.27-pm.jpeg
klassics45 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 00:50   #13555
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Ahmednagar, MH
Posts: 14
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Is it wise to buy in an auction a demo vehicle from Tata stable ?

Does the warranty hold good?

Anyone has any experience?

How much price 'benefit' is to be expected vis a vis any cost for repairs that may be needed assuming that the vehicle may not be well maintained?
Drkalgaonkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 10:29   #13556
BHPian
 
rambo1o1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Goa
Posts: 506
Thanked: 314 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
I bought it from a fellow tbhpian for 4 Lakhs.

Global Ford fiesta( facelift).
2014 November
Titanium diesel model.
47,000km driven.
White Color
With Android Touchscreen, TPMS, White lights, Front and reverse camera

Im the third owner but i know the car from the day he bought it and knew how he maintains.

Any idea how much i should quote?

Car is feb 2015 registered, tires are a year and a half old. Online car evaluators are all over the place. Got quotes of 2.5Lakhs(Cars24) 3.5(Zig wheels) 4.5Lakhs(OrangeBook) and upto 6.8Lakhs at Indian bluebook



Is 4lakhs too less to quote? Its almost 30% below the listed price.I will only see the vehicle if the owner seems to be in the mood to come down drastically.


Thanks
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 10:31   #13557
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Pune
Posts: 427
Thanked: 734 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkalgaonkar View Post
Is it wise to buy in an auction a demo vehicle from Tata stable ?

Does the warranty hold good?

Anyone has any experience?

How much price 'benefit' is to be expected vis a vis any cost for repairs that may be needed assuming that the vehicle may not be well maintained?
Is any such auction planned? When and where?
pseudo_coder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 10:35   #13558
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Ahmednagar, MH
Posts: 14
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Is any such auction planned? When and where?
Aurabgabad, MH, 26 December.
Drkalgaonkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 10:38   #13559
Senior - BHPian
 
CARDEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,034
Thanked: 2,050 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Any idea how much i should quote?

Car is feb 2015 registered, tires are a year and a half old. Online car evaluators are all over the place. Got quotes of 2.5Lakhs(Cars24) 3.5(Zig wheels) 4.5Lakhs(OrangeBook) and upto 6.8Lakhs at Indian bluebook



Is 4lakhs too less to quote? Its almost 30% below the listed price.I will only see the vehicle if the owner seems to be in the mood to come down drastically.


Thanks
What's insurance IDV? Try negotiations on that basis & bring it down cause it's 90bhp version & car is discontinued.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 12:37   #13560
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 291
Thanked: 209 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Any idea how much i should quote?

Thanks
Definitely start from 4 Lakhs. This car is a big failure and production has been stopped. So you can bargain hard.

If you are desperate then increase your quote when talking to the seller but dont go more than 4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
What's insurance IDV? Try negotiations on that basis & bring it down cause it's 90bhp version & car is discontinued.
Even after 5 years, still most of the car in this segment are below 100bhp except vw/skoda brothers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th December 2019 at 16:25. Reason: back to back posts merged.
klassics45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks